Ramsay Health Care Employee Reviews

Ramsay in Salford..
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester29 November 2018
Nothing against Ramsay the Company as they are truly excellent, and the opportunities they offer are fantastic.
Their hospital in Salford however leaves very little to be desired.

Absolutely the worst hospital I’ve ever worked at. Management were unsupportive, unhelpful and very, very cliquey. School bullies in a playground would be an understatement. So who do you turn to when you feel at the lowest point of your career?

Working here was the first time I had ever questioned why I went into Nursing and it made me ill with my nerves for a long time afterwards.
Such a shame as when visiting other Ramsay hospitals in other locations (for training purposes) the atmosphere was completely the opposite. You know you need to change jobs when you start feeling slightly jealous of another workplace!

Apparently some of the management team (not all of them) have changed since then. But I strongly advise any Nurse wanting to work for Ramsay to choose a different hospital.
Pros
Pay, post op recovery skills
Cons
Management... simple.
Flexible working patterns but work not valued.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashtead18 November 2018
I appreciated the flexible working pattern but sadly never felt valued. Good work was not rewarded and poor work was never questioned.
I had some good colleagues to work alongside.
Awful management and bullying
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 September 2018
A lot of in-house bullying going on. Management does nothing. Management rude and abnoxious as well. Nursing staff lovely, just shame about management and admin staff can be rude too. Makes it so hard for new people. I will never work there again. Shocking for a private hospital. Facilities are nice for patients and consultants can be lovely. Just a shame about management and lack of support and fairness.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Long hours, rude staff and awful management
good Ethos for organisation
Sales & Marketing/GP Liaison Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire8 May 2018
Great teams, worthwhile training.
Structure good to move around in company.
Company culture good.

Long hours.

expectations High

Pay is poor though.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay
Gave me good feeling helping people
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire7 March 2018
I am leaving as I am bank and it's hard to get shifts that fit around my home life.
I enjoyed looking after people and doing the best of my ability to make them feel better.
Pros
making people feel better
Cons
No family time
ok
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire22 February 2018
good experience and very good training in a complex care environment the hardest pert is that it is understaffed and the time spent with one patient in one room can become very draining
Fantastic Company to work for.
Hotel Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cornwall30 January 2018
The staff are very friendly and professional. You are always looked after. Socialable hours with very competitive rates of pay. A career for life, with alot of opportunities to take.
Pros
Lovely friendly Company
Fun place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire30 January 2018
I worked for Ramsay for 2 years I’m currently working there and it is a good place I enjoy working there and the managers a really nice id recommend it to my friends and family
Friendly & small working environment.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire6 November 2017
Very professional & successful orthopaedic centre . Small , friendly & efficient.
Patient is always the main priority in care throughout all treatments.
Highly professional teams of surgeons , nurses, operating department practitioners,radiographers, physiotherapists & administrative staff.
Pros
Free parking, easy access from where I live
Cons
Unpredictable working hours
One of the Best Company to work for
Registered Nurse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire10 August 2017
I have been always happy there and am still loyal to Ramsay Health Care. All Teams works hard to achieve goals and they always put their residents . I always used to feel good when ever a resident recovered and discharged in a better condition than the one they came in.
TSSU Manager
Theatre Sterile Supply Unit Manager (TSSU) (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 July 2017
Wearing many hats as this is usually a small unit so lots of variety. No progression available. None of the units are accredited from a notified body.
Good company to work for
IM&T PAS Team Leader (Former Employee) –  UK28 March 2017
In the 3 years that I worked with Ramsay I enjoyed the time and role at the time.
Great team to work with, challenging project.
If I had the opportunity I would work for them again
ramsay healthcare workplase
Technician (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex6 March 2017
it is a friendly place to work as the people are nice. but long hours and back aches come with the job,but this job can be quite re rewarding. as you help people have there operations successfully.
Pros
nice people
Great Company to work for
Stores Co-coordinator (Current Employee) –  BODMIN, UK27 February 2017
great company to work for, very focused on training and retention of personnel. unfortunately, lost contract for place of work so being made redundant, through no fault of company
Temporary Contract that has finished
Car Park Attendant/Porter (Former Employee) –  Car Park19 January 2017
Interesting and productive place to work. Very nice people and a generally good environment to work in. Good parking and a good staff canteen.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Early start
Hard work but rewarding
Theatre scrub nurse (Current Employee) –  Ormskirk25 July 2016
I have worked for ramsay for nearly two years, I find it hard work but very rewarding. The training is first rate and support from my immediate manager is great. I would highly recommend as a future employer.
Variety of Duties
Receptionist / Ward Clerk Park Hill (Current Employee) –  Doncaster26 March 2016
Working in a nice surrounding and constantly dealing with patients request or queries either face to face or via the telephone.
Very fast pace, lots of duties to learn, which makes the work varied.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
shifts early's & lates, with shift changes at short notice
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester16 November 2015
Ok environment. Good company benefits such as pension, health cover, childcare vouchers etc

Good level of patient care, would recommend treatment to family and friends
Good
Senior Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth8 October 2015
Participated in relevant training including gaining NVQ Level 2/3 in Health and Social Care. Understood good time management and working various shifts.
Busy small and friendly
Outpatient Manager (Former Employee) –  Hitchin7 July 2015
I worked as a hands on nurse, running clinics as well as managing the department.
I learned a great deal during my time with Ramsay and felt that they were happy to invest in my career.

The hardest thing was getting the balance between management duties and clinical duties . My management duties often suffered because of staff shortages due to sickness, annual leave etc.
Pros
Very close to home. Friendly.
Cons
Salary