Ramsay Health Care UK Employee Reviews

Great admin staff - Great ward nurses
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham19 November 2017
The Admin team is great. They're the most helpful, friendly and hard working team I've ever worked with and their immediate team manager is a brilliant leader and boss.
Pros
Helpful and friendly admin staff
Cons
N/a
Friendly & small working environment.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire6 November 2017
Very professional & successful orthopaedic centre . Small , friendly & efficient.
Patient is always the main priority in care throughout all treatments.
Highly professional teams of surgeons , nurses, operating department practitioners,radiographers, physiotherapists & administrative staff.
Pros
Free parking, easy access from where I live
Cons
Unpredictable working hours
nice staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Shields, Tyne and Wear24 September 2017
heavy work, but satisfying. Some thing we as housekeepers shouldn't do and you don't get told in advance when the theatre team have booked late appointment, hense we have to stay behind till they are done.
Pros
satisfaction
Cons
money is not good for work done
One of the Best Company to work for
Registered Nurse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire10 August 2017
I have been always happy there and am still loyal to Ramsay Health Care. All Teams works hard to achieve goals and they always put their residents . I always used to feel good when ever a resident recovered and discharged in a better condition than the one they came in.
TSSU Manager
Wearing many hats as this is usually a small unit so lots of variety. No progression available. None of the units are accredited from a notified body.
Busy and productive, lovely place to work
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Essex18 June 2017
Have worked here for quite a while but would like something new, it is a fun place to work, I've learnt a lot of skills and met some diverse people and clients.
Hard work not enough hours in the day!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  England9 June 2017
Goal posts move daily. One minute one member of staff is flavour of the month then someone else. Continually pushing for more! Many members of staff are leaving and complaining about how the hospital is run along with existing staff. Money not too bad but extremely hard work and very pressured which had an effect on the whole hospital environment. I enjoyed my job but feel there should have been more staff in some departments to take pressure off resulting in a nice calm unpressured place to work!
Pros
Money not bad and good colleagues
Cons
Too pressured
Great Experience
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire6 June 2017
Ramsay Health Care UK gives their employees a great amount of opportunities within the companies in regards to progressing within a department or other departments or locations across the UK.

As a company you are well looked after and the job culture is fantastic, could not say anything bad about the company or the staff.
Busy orthopaedic unit
Clinical nurse specialist (Current Employee) –  St Leonards Sydney24 May 2017
A very busy but very friendly ward .. lots of spinal patients , consultants are very friendly and approachable , self rostering works well , grreat management . Good working conditions .
Pros
Great managers, self rostering
Cons
Heavy ward
Good company to work for
IM&T PAS Team Leader (Former Employee) –  UK28 March 2017
In the 3 years that I worked with Ramsay I enjoyed the time and role at the time.
Great team to work with, challenging project.
If I had the opportunity I would work for them again
ramsay healthcare workplase
Technician (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex6 March 2017
it is a friendly place to work as the people are nice. but long hours and back aches come with the job,but this job can be quite re rewarding. as you help people have there operations successfully.
Pros
nice people
Great Company to work for
Stores Co-coordinator (Current Employee) –  BODMIN, UK27 February 2017
great company to work for, very focused on training and retention of personnel. unfortunately, lost contract for place of work so being made redundant, through no fault of company
Temporary Contract that has finished
Car Park Attendant/Porter (Former Employee) –  Car Park19 January 2017
Interesting and productive place to work. Very nice people and a generally good environment to work in. Good parking and a good staff canteen.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Early start
hard working
Senior Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salisbury20 October 2016
this is a private company with an nhs contract for orthopaedic and spinal surgery. a new day surgery unit has opened for minor ops.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
business
Hard work but rewarding
Theatre scrub nurse (Current Employee) –  Ormskirk25 July 2016
I have worked for ramsay for nearly two years, I find it hard work but very rewarding. The training is first rate and support from my immediate manager is great. I would highly recommend as a future employer.
Great Place to work, advancement opportunities at all levels
Health Care Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  West Midlands United Kingdom7 May 2016
From starting at Ramsay Healthcare, I could see that the company was interested in the advancement of all employees,. Opportunities for training both in-house and externally was available for all employees regardless of qualification. Being employed by Ramsay was like being part of one big extended family,. Yearly reviews for all staff were most definately something that Ramsay Healthcare insisted upon.
Pros
Great Place to work
Variety of Duties
Receptionist / Ward Clerk Park Hill (Current Employee) –  Doncaster26 March 2016
Working in a nice surrounding and constantly dealing with patients request or queries either face to face or via the telephone.
Very fast pace, lots of duties to learn, which makes the work varied.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
shifts early's & lates, with shift changes at short notice
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester16 November 2015
Ok environment. Good company benefits such as pension, health cover, childcare vouchers etc

Good level of patient care, would recommend treatment to family and friends
Good
Senior Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth8 October 2015
Participated in relevant training including gaining NVQ Level 2/3 in Health and Social Care. Understood good time management and working various shifts.
Busy small and friendly
Outpatient Manager (Former Employee) –  Hitchin7 July 2015
I worked as a hands on nurse, running clinics as well as managing the department.
I learned a great deal during my time with Ramsay and felt that they were happy to invest in my career.

The hardest thing was getting the balance between management duties and clinical duties . My management duties often suffered because of staff shortages due to sickness, annual leave etc.
Pros
Very close to home. Friendly.
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ramsay Health Care UK. Our community is ready to answer.