Ramsay Health Care UK Management reviews

Poor management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall31 August 2019
Very poor management. Unprofessional and unfair, don’t listen to staff and managers should have training in people skills not just box ticking. Training is very poor.
Terrible company, all about profit
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire31 August 2019
Wouldn't recommend working here, Clients go severely downhill when they are put in the care of Ramsey health care. Dangerously understaffed when caring for individuals with complex needs, Staff just rush try and get patients ready as fast as they can then put them in the lounge all day with no interaction, stimulation. Management couldn't care, all about profit.
It was a good place
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire22 May 2019
Good place to work at that time ....I used to do nights shifts on part time contract.
All clients very good looked after, most of them looked happy and like the most of the workers there.
Management good, and a great team to work with.
Fun place to work
Hotel Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire28 January 2019
Worked as Bank
Hours are awful you go from week to week with out any work what so ever.
Your lucky if you get 1 shift a month.

Staff are Brilliant everyone so friendly.
Management well that's a little different.
Pros
Benefits working for Ramsey are good
Cons
Very few hours
Ramsay in Salford..
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester29 November 2018
Nothing against Ramsay the Company as they are truly excellent, and the opportunities they offer are fantastic.
Their hospital in Salford however leaves very little to be desired.

Absolutely the worst hospital I’ve ever worked at. Management were unsupportive, unhelpful and very, very cliquey. School bullies in a playground would be an understatement. So who do you turn to when you feel at the lowest point of your career?

Working here was the first time I had ever questioned why I went into Nursing and it made me ill with my nerves for a long time afterwards.
Such a shame as when visiting other Ramsay hospitals in other locations (for training purposes) the atmosphere was completely the opposite. You know you need to change jobs when you start feeling slightly jealous of another workplace!

Apparently some of the management team (not all of them) have changed since then. But I strongly advise any Nurse wanting to work for Ramsay to choose a different hospital.
Pros
Pay, post op recovery skills
Cons
Management... simple.
Awful management and bullying
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 September 2018
A lot of in-house bullying going on. Management does nothing. Management rude and abnoxious as well. Nursing staff lovely, just shame about management and admin staff can be rude too. Makes it so hard for new people. I will never work there again. Shocking for a private hospital. Facilities are nice for patients and consultants can be lovely. Just a shame about management and lack of support and fairness.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Long hours, rude staff and awful management
nice staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Shields, Tyne and Wear24 September 2017
heavy work, but satisfying. Some thing we as housekeepers shouldn't do and you don't get told in advance when the theatre team have booked late appointment, hense we have to stay behind till they are done.
Pros
satisfaction
Cons
money is not good for work done
Busy orthopaedic unit
Clinical nurse specialist (Current Employee) –  St Leonards Sydney24 May 2017
A very busy but very friendly ward .. lots of spinal patients , consultants are very friendly and approachable , self rostering works well , grreat management . Good working conditions .
Pros
Great managers, self rostering
Cons
Heavy ward
Good
Senior Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth8 October 2015
Participated in relevant training including gaining NVQ Level 2/3 in Health and Social Care. Understood good time management and working various shifts.
Busy small and friendly
Outpatient Manager (Former Employee) –  Hitchin7 July 2015
I worked as a hands on nurse, running clinics as well as managing the department.
I learned a great deal during my time with Ramsay and felt that they were happy to invest in my career.

The hardest thing was getting the balance between management duties and clinical duties . My management duties often suffered because of staff shortages due to sickness, annual leave etc.
Pros
Very close to home. Friendly.
Cons
Salary
fun place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  sawbridgeworth8 September 2014
start at 8am till 20.00, 12hr shifts the work is hard, but very rewarding
the residents are great people, who's smile make your day,all duties that are needed for the residents,the tracky patients are mainly the ones i look after ,they need constant care and attention..
its hard in the morning with all the duties they we perform,,but its done in the correct way,putting always the residents first,management are there if you need them in any way.
Pros
near home
Very challenging work environment
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth10 June 2014
The management on the top ladder is very friendly and effective but when it narrows down to the team in which you are in contact with daily is not good. Work load can be very heavy and unbearable at times as there is a lot of dictatorship. There is a lot of favouritism from those who are in charge of the unit, therefore a lot of conflicts are caused daily.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the smile on the residents face when you know you have tried your best in carrying out your task and the appreciation showed from some of the relatives and friends.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long Hours
A lovely workplace with friendly and well trained staff
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  York, Clifton Park Hospital Shipton Road9 January 2014
A typical day at work is quite a demanding schedule that can be quite demanding but not un-achievable yet also enjoyable.
Every day there is something new to learn as the medical world is always moving on.
The management are very approachable and will assist you with any problems you may come across.
The hardest part of the job is probably when problems arise with the processing machinery and there is a likelihood that you cannot provide what is required.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you have achieved all that is required for the day and also the camaraderie of all the staff.
Pros
plenty of courses to attend. reasonably priced restaurant for both staff and visitors
Cons
Sometimes the days work can overrun but only to be expected in the hospital environment.
Performance and delivery
HR Co-ordinator / Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG2 December 2013
The organisation is focused on delivering. Performance is the key to the organisation's core.

Enjoyed being an advisor and advising management and employees on best practices.
Pros
Private Health Care
Excellent environment with fantastic management and staff
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire13 February 2013
improving quality of life to clients living with neurological, spinal injuries and tracheotomy.
I have learned quite a lot from training provided by my employer.
Management very supportive, understanding and highly professional
To watch people being dependent on oxygen supply and ventilators but remain professional is must at all times.
To see our client comfy and when I have achieved all that has been expected from my clients needs, families, management and having job well done day.
Pros
working environment its fantastic place to work in.
Cons
a little difficult to get there as location is a bit away from local train station.