Ramsay Health Care UK Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Job satisfaction
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire22 December 2018
I enjoy looking after people making them feel good about them selves but due too the industry it pulled to much on my heart strings so looking for a career change
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
no time for family
Gave me good feeling helping people
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire7 March 2018
I am leaving as I am bank and it's hard to get shifts that fit around my home life.
I enjoyed looking after people and doing the best of my ability to make them feel better.
Pros
making people feel better
Cons
No family time
ok
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire22 February 2018
good experience and very good training in a complex care environment the hardest pert is that it is understaffed and the time spent with one patient in one room can become very draining
Great Place to work, advancement opportunities at all levels
Health Care Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  West Midlands United Kingdom7 May 2016
From starting at Ramsay Healthcare, I could see that the company was interested in the advancement of all employees,. Opportunities for training both in-house and externally was available for all employees regardless of qualification. Being employed by Ramsay was like being part of one big extended family,. Yearly reviews for all staff were most definately something that Ramsay Healthcare insisted upon.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Good
Senior Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth8 October 2015
Participated in relevant training including gaining NVQ Level 2/3 in Health and Social Care. Understood good time management and working various shifts.
Very challenging work environment
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth10 June 2014
The management on the top ladder is very friendly and effective but when it narrows down to the team in which you are in contact with daily is not good. Work load can be very heavy and unbearable at times as there is a lot of dictatorship. There is a lot of favouritism from those who are in charge of the unit, therefore a lot of conflicts are caused daily.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the smile on the residents face when you know you have tried your best in carrying out your task and the appreciation showed from some of the relatives and friends.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long Hours
Challenging and heavy work environment
HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, ENG2 December 2013
Typical day at work is look after residents and meet their needs. I have learned about diseases, illnesses and human factor in care.
Pros
Extra percentage per hour over the weekends
Cons
long hours and only half an hour lunch break
Just above mimium wage
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth4 September 2013
long shifts (12 hours), did not get my weekends off that were agreed in the interview, Risk assesments were not adhered to, causing injury to my back.
Pros
Cons
long hours, low pay
Excellent environment with fantastic management and staff
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire13 February 2013
improving quality of life to clients living with neurological, spinal injuries and tracheotomy.
I have learned quite a lot from training provided by my employer.
Management very supportive, understanding and highly professional
To watch people being dependent on oxygen supply and ventilators but remain professional is must at all times.
To see our client comfy and when I have achieved all that has been expected from my clients needs, families, management and having job well done day.
Pros
working environment its fantastic place to work in.
Cons
a little difficult to get there as location is a bit away from local train station.