Ramsay Health Care UK Employee Reviews

Poor management
Pre admission admin (Former Employee) –  Truro17 April 2019
Had a full time job which I was good at and told I was good at but found the hours to much asked to reduce but was refused left and applied when a part time job and bank became available but was even refused an interview did ask for bank when I left previous to get getting the full time job I was offered bank work applied for full time and got the both jobs strange how I did nt even get an interview when I re applied for a part time and bank job my cv did not change and I even had experience of working at the duchy had uniform and even done the mandatory training and crb check
Pros
Free parking subsidised food
Cons
Poor choices
Fun place to work
Hotel Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire28 January 2019
Worked as Bank
Hours are awful you go from week to week with out any work what so ever.
Your lucky if you get 1 shift a month.

Staff are Brilliant everyone so friendly.
Management well that's a little different.
Pros
Benefits working for Ramsey are good
Cons
Very few hours
Job satisfaction
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire22 December 2018
I enjoy looking after people making them feel good about them selves but due too the industry it pulled to much on my heart strings so looking for a career change
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
no time for family
Ramsay in Salford..
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester29 November 2018
Nothing against Ramsay the Company as they are truly excellent, and the opportunities they offer are fantastic.
Their hospital in Salford however leaves very little to be desired.

Absolutely the worst hospital I’ve ever worked at. Management were unsupportive, unhelpful and very, very cliquey. School bullies in a playground would be an understatement. So who do you turn to when you feel at the lowest point of your career?

Working here was the first time I had ever questioned why I went into Nursing and it made me ill with my nerves for a long time afterwards.
Such a shame as when visiting other Ramsay hospitals in other locations (for training purposes) the atmosphere was completely the opposite. You know you need to change jobs when you start feeling slightly jealous of another workplace!

Apparently some of the management team (not all of them) have changed since then. But I strongly advise any Nurse wanting to work for Ramsay to choose a different hospital.
Pros
Pay, post op recovery skills
Cons
Management... simple.
Flexible working patterns but work not valued.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashtead18 November 2018
I appreciated the flexible working pattern but sadly never felt valued. Good work was not rewarded and poor work was never questioned.
I had some good colleagues to work alongside.
Awful management and bullying
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 September 2018
A lot of in-house bullying going on. Management does nothing. Management rude and abnoxious as well. Nursing staff lovely, just shame about management and admin staff can be rude too. Makes it so hard for new people. I will never work there again. Shocking for a private hospital. Facilities are nice for patients and consultants can be lovely. Just a shame about management and lack of support and fairness.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Long hours, rude staff and awful management
Workplace culture
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham28 July 2018
Poor work /life balance. High volumes of work that would be manageable if it wasn't for the workplace culture. A company that has strong values that do not transpire to the staff on the 'coal face'.
Pros
Salary
Cons
work/life balance
good Ethos for organisation
Sales & Marketing/GP Liaison Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire8 May 2018
Great teams, worthwhile training.
Structure good to move around in company.
Company culture good.

Long hours.

expectations High

Pay is poor though.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay
Gave me good feeling helping people
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire7 March 2018
I am leaving as I am bank and it's hard to get shifts that fit around my home life.
I enjoyed looking after people and doing the best of my ability to make them feel better.
Pros
making people feel better
Cons
No family time
ok
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire22 February 2018
good experience and very good training in a complex care environment the hardest pert is that it is understaffed and the time spent with one patient in one room can become very draining
Fantastic Company to work for.
Hotel Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cornwall30 January 2018
The staff are very friendly and professional. You are always looked after. Socialable hours with very competitive rates of pay. A career for life, with alot of opportunities to take.
Pros
Lovely friendly Company
Fun place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire30 January 2018
I worked for Ramsay for 2 years I’m currently working there and it is a good place I enjoy working there and the managers a really nice id recommend it to my friends and family
Great admin staff - Great ward nurses
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham19 November 2017
The Admin team is great. They're the most helpful, friendly and hard working team I've ever worked with and their immediate team manager is a brilliant leader and boss.
Pros
Helpful and friendly admin staff
Cons
N/a
Friendly & small working environment.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire6 November 2017
Very professional & successful orthopaedic centre . Small , friendly & efficient.
Patient is always the main priority in care throughout all treatments.
Highly professional teams of surgeons , nurses, operating department practitioners,radiographers, physiotherapists & administrative staff.
Pros
Free parking, easy access from where I live
Cons
Unpredictable working hours
nice staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Shields, Tyne and Wear24 September 2017
heavy work, but satisfying. Some thing we as housekeepers shouldn't do and you don't get told in advance when the theatre team have booked late appointment, hense we have to stay behind till they are done.
Pros
satisfaction
Cons
money is not good for work done
One of the Best Company to work for
Registered Nurse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire10 August 2017
I have been always happy there and am still loyal to Ramsay Health Care. All Teams works hard to achieve goals and they always put their residents . I always used to feel good when ever a resident recovered and discharged in a better condition than the one they came in.
TSSU Manager
Theatre Sterile Supply Unit Manager (TSSU) (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 July 2017
Wearing many hats as this is usually a small unit so lots of variety. No progression available. None of the units are accredited from a notified body.
Busy and productive, lovely place to work
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Essex18 June 2017
Have worked here for quite a while but would like something new, it is a fun place to work, I've learnt a lot of skills and met some diverse people and clients.
Hard work not enough hours in the day!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  England9 June 2017
Goal posts move daily. One minute one member of staff is flavour of the month then someone else. Continually pushing for more! Many members of staff are leaving and complaining about how the hospital is run along with existing staff. Money not too bad but extremely hard work and very pressured which had an effect on the whole hospital environment. I enjoyed my job but feel there should have been more staff in some departments to take pressure off resulting in a nice calm unpressured place to work!
Pros
Money not bad and good colleagues
Cons
Too pressured
Great Experience
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire6 June 2017
Ramsay Health Care UK gives their employees a great amount of opportunities within the companies in regards to progressing within a department or other departments or locations across the UK.

As a company you are well looked after and the job culture is fantastic, could not say anything bad about the company or the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ramsay Health Care UK. Our community is ready to answer.

Ramsay Health Care UK Reviews by Location