Ramsay Health Care UK Employee Reviews

Poor management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall31 August 2019
Very poor management. Unprofessional and unfair, don’t listen to staff and managers should have training in people skills not just box ticking. Training is very poor.
Terrible company, all about profit
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire31 August 2019
Wouldn't recommend working here, Clients go severely downhill when they are put in the care of Ramsey health care. Dangerously understaffed when caring for individuals with complex needs, Staff just rush try and get patients ready as fast as they can then put them in the lounge all day with no interaction, stimulation. Management couldn't care, all about profit.
Awful management Tees Valley
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire28 August 2019
Awful attitude of manager
Don’t do it is all I can say about her she
Spends too much time making herself orange than caring for her admin staff
Unappreciated and she is very unapproachable
Very stressful place to work.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire14 August 2019
I worked 12 hour nights and was told on induction I would be monitored regularly to make sure I was coping. No one ever asked how I was. When I joined, other people had regular chats with managers about them settling in. I never was called. Training was awful, it’s not until I was doing the job that I realised how bad the training was as I felt completely unprepared and out of my depth the whole time. Managers had clear favourites, mainly the people that would do loads of overtime and colleagues from their own nationality. They’d all talk in their own language. When I handed in my notice, neither of my managers spoke to me for my whole notice period.
Pros
Working nights means you’re home during the day for your kids
Cons
Long hours, woeful training and no support from senior colleagues
Hospital
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Caterham7 August 2019
Very good place to work excellent team work and and productive private hospital
good wok life balance with plenty opportunities to get course and gain experience
Professional and fun workplace
Clinical Coder (Northern Lead) (Former Employee) –  Based out of Euxton Hall Hospital25 July 2019
Ramsay Healthcare is a progressive private healthcare company with dozens of hospitals around the UK. I was fortunate enough to work in a number of their hospitals across the North of England and found them to be clean, professional and well run.
Friendly and supportive
Ramsay Health is a brilliant company to work for. Everyone is actively encouraged to thrive and develop.
Ramsay has a strong patient and customer ethic, nothing is too much for the patients, caring is the name of the game.
The hardest part of the job is saying no, everyone tries to go that extra mile and as a result when a request is made it is difficult to say no as everyone wants to help the other.
Pros
Free parking, bonuses, great environment, the SMT
It was a good place
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire22 May 2019
Good place to work at that time ....I used to do nights shifts on part time contract.
All clients very good looked after, most of them looked happy and like the most of the workers there.
Management good, and a great team to work with.
Poor management
Pre admission admin (Former Employee) –  Truro17 April 2019
Had a full time job which I was good at and told I was good at but found the hours to much asked to reduce but was refused left and applied when a part time job and bank became available but was even refused an interview did ask for bank when I left previous to get getting the full time job I was offered bank work applied for full time and got the both jobs strange how I did nt even get an interview when I re applied for a part time and bank job my cv did not change and I even had experience of working at the duchy had uniform and even done the mandatory training and crb check
Pros
Free parking subsidised food
Cons
Poor choices
Fun place to work
Hotel Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire28 January 2019
Worked as Bank
Hours are awful you go from week to week with out any work what so ever.
Your lucky if you get 1 shift a month.

Staff are Brilliant everyone so friendly.
Management well that's a little different.
Pros
Benefits working for Ramsey are good
Cons
Very few hours
Job satisfaction
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire22 December 2018
I enjoy looking after people making them feel good about them selves but due too the industry it pulled to much on my heart strings so looking for a career change
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
no time for family
Ramsay in Salford..
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester29 November 2018
Nothing against Ramsay the Company as they are truly excellent, and the opportunities they offer are fantastic.
Their hospital in Salford however leaves very little to be desired.

Absolutely the worst hospital I’ve ever worked at. Management were unsupportive, unhelpful and very, very cliquey. School bullies in a playground would be an understatement. So who do you turn to when you feel at the lowest point of your career?

Working here was the first time I had ever questioned why I went into Nursing and it made me ill with my nerves for a long time afterwards.
Such a shame as when visiting other Ramsay hospitals in other locations (for training purposes) the atmosphere was completely the opposite. You know you need to change jobs when you start feeling slightly jealous of another workplace!

Apparently some of the management team (not all of them) have changed since then. But I strongly advise any Nurse wanting to work for Ramsay to choose a different hospital.
Pros
Pay, post op recovery skills
Cons
Management... simple.
Flexible working patterns but work not valued.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashtead18 November 2018
I appreciated the flexible working pattern but sadly never felt valued. Good work was not rewarded and poor work was never questioned.
I had some good colleagues to work alongside.
Awful management and bullying
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 September 2018
A lot of in-house bullying going on. Management does nothing. Management rude and abnoxious as well. Nursing staff lovely, just shame about management and admin staff can be rude too. Makes it so hard for new people. I will never work there again. Shocking for a private hospital. Facilities are nice for patients and consultants can be lovely. Just a shame about management and lack of support and fairness.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Long hours, rude staff and awful management
Workplace culture
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham28 July 2018
Poor work /life balance. High volumes of work that would be manageable if it wasn't for the workplace culture. A company that has strong values that do not transpire to the staff on the 'coal face'.
Pros
Salary
Cons
work/life balance
good Ethos for organisation
Sales & Marketing/GP Liaison Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire8 May 2018
Great teams, worthwhile training.
Structure good to move around in company.
Company culture good.

Long hours.

expectations High

Pay is poor though.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay
Gave me good feeling helping people
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire7 March 2018
I am leaving as I am bank and it's hard to get shifts that fit around my home life.
I enjoyed looking after people and doing the best of my ability to make them feel better.
Pros
making people feel better
Cons
No family time
ok
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire22 February 2018
good experience and very good training in a complex care environment the hardest pert is that it is understaffed and the time spent with one patient in one room can become very draining
Fantastic Company to work for.
Hotel Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cornwall30 January 2018
The staff are very friendly and professional. You are always looked after. Socialable hours with very competitive rates of pay. A career for life, with alot of opportunities to take.
Pros
Lovely friendly Company
Fun place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire30 January 2018
I worked for Ramsay for 2 years I’m currently working there and it is a good place I enjoy working there and the managers a really nice id recommend it to my friends and family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ramsay Health Care UK. Our community is ready to answer.