Ramsay Health Care UK

Ramsay Health Care UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom63 reviews
An alright job
I believe that the work we do could be paid more for. I had to do the typical housekeeper jobs that include cleaning, taking out trash and hovering.This job allows you to think about your ambitions and think about what you want to do and move on to doing.
Awful experience
Job advertised as permanent but only bank.
Dont work here as a bank staff even if they promise/guarantee you hours.

People treat you like your worthless if you dont have a contract. You have to fit in with the "little groups" if these girls like you your safe if not get ready for high school playground games.

Pay is ridiculous for the amount of work the expect
Awful
It started as a really enjoyable job, however after one of the lead chefs left it went downhill. I was left with no hours a week, the new manager promised me a contract that I had been asking for 2 years and then when I couldn't do a shift due to a uni exam she would text me calling me "unreliable" "not worth the job" etc etc.
Management are pretty. Awful place

act lik
Low wages
I enjoyed working here. However the hours are long, and there's alot of heavy work. Most of the people are friendly. The clients will break your heart but the job can be so rewarding.
Awful
As a previous employee, i disclosed all health issues and relative concerns in the interview. Months down the line, being ill. Vicitimised by management, spoken to like rubbish, treated like rubbish. Management dont care about staff unless they're related. Understaffing was a huge concern, wasnt ever resolved, you were supposed to provide the care of 4 carers alone. Dont ever expect a wage you intend, they will happily take your wage and give you more excuses :))
Pros
Cons
The whole lot of management
Awfully
It was a horrible management. They don't care about the staff they treat you like a number. All they care is about the patient none of the staff. Horrible! Don't work here.
Great manager
The main plus of working here is the imaging service manager. The clinical team are also very friendly. There is also the possibility of progression.
Receptionist
Unfriendly interview, miserable environment to work in, nice consultations and other members of staff , however not the above Management

Wouldn’t recommend at all
Disabled worker
I am classed as disabled for work and already had special measures/reasonable adjustments in place for me at my previous employment. Ramsay took over those adjustments and have always been very supportive to me for my illnesses. I love my job and feel grateful that I can still work, doing a job I enjoy. I'm supported by my fellow colleagues, Managers and HR.
Great place
Amazing place and people.

Would definitely recommend it to anyone that wish to work for them.

Great place to work for sure!

Sad I am not with them but it was a maternity leave cover even tho it was for more than a year!
Admin
Work load can be very heavy, department is a mess.
Management rude and not really interested if you have an issue. You’re just a bum on a seat. All they’re interested in is numbers.

Huge turnover of staff, no surprise as staff constantly make spiteful critical comments about one another.
ok
You get told you can work over time and earn extra money if your contract but it actually goes onto ' toil' which means either you owe them time if you leave early or they owe you time.
Staff turnover horrendous
Management dont care. So many staff have come and gone. Pay is bad also. Long hours.
Had on site parking. Thats gone also.

Everyone is literally related here. Should be called family clinic. From managers to nurses to receptionist. If a job advert goes out, literally they have like 2 interviews one being the daughter/son of one of the staff members and suprise suprise guess who gets the job.
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Bad management. No support. Low moralw
12 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As an equal opportunities employer, we take pride in our professional and robust recruitment processes and as such, we are concerned by the perception of unfairness. We are lucky to have a very successful “Refer a Friend” program in which many of our existing employees recommend working for the company to friends and family alike. We believe that this demonstrates a happy and engaged workforce.
However, this scheme does not deter from following a thorough process of selection to ensure the right candidate for the role is successful.

If you are willing to discuss your feedback further, please do email us at HR.Support@ramsayhealth.co.uk so a member of our corporate HR department can make contact with you, we really value feedback from our previous employees to allow us to continue to improve and remain an employer of choice.
Poor management
Very poor management. Unprofessional and unfair, don’t listen to staff and managers should have training in people skills not just box ticking. Training is very poor.
12 November 2019

Terrible company, all about profit
Wouldn't recommend working here, Clients go severely downhill when they are put in the care of Ramsey health care. Dangerously understaffed when caring for individuals with complex needs, Staff just rush try and get patients ready as fast as they can then put them in the lounge all day with no interaction, stimulation. Management couldn't care, all about profit.
12 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are concerned by the comments relating to the care that we provide. The safety, care and comfort of our residents within our neurological centers and that of our patients within our hospitals are paramount. We ensure robust and comprehensive training is provided to all of our staff to ensure that the needs, requirements and preferences of our patients and residents are met. We also review the staffing needs on a daily basis to ensure safe and sufficient staffing levels.
If you are willing to discuss your feedback further, and are able to provide context around why you have this perception, please do email us at HR.Support@ramsayhealth.co.uk so a member of our corporate HR department can make contact with you.
busy fast paced enviroement
busy fast paced environment to work in, great team to work in. ability to do training courses at the company for progression. Fantastic doctors to work along side with
12 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time working at Ramsay Health Care UK; we really do pride ourselves on being an employer of choice and as you mention, training our workforce remains a top priority. We recognize and develop the talent in our employees. Thank you for your service and we wish you every success in your future endeavors. Please do consider the potential of re-joining the Ramsay team in the future and keep up to date with our recruitment opportunities.
Very stressful place to work.
I worked 12 hour nights and was told on induction I would be monitored regularly to make sure I was coping. No one ever asked how I was. When I joined, other people had regular chats with managers about them settling in. I never was called. Training was awful, it’s not until I was doing the job that I realised how bad the training was as I felt completely unprepared and out of my depth the whole time. Managers had clear favourites, mainly the people that would do loads of overtime and colleagues from their own nationality. They’d all talk in their own language. When I handed in my notice, neither of my managers spoke to me for my whole notice period.
Pros
Working nights means you’re home during the day for your kids
Cons
Long hours, woeful training and no support from senior colleagues
12 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience of working for Ramsay Health Care UK was not positive. We pride ourselves of being an employer of choice and as such, we are keen to learn from feedback from our previous employees on what we can do to make Ramsay Health Care a great place to work for everyone. If you are willing to discuss your feedback further, please do email us at HR.Support@ramsayhealth.co.uk so a member of our corporate HR department can make contact with you.
Hospital
Very good place to work excellent team work and and productive private hospital
good wok life balance with plenty opportunities to get course and gain experience
12 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time working at Ramsay Health care; we really do pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Thank you for your service and we wish you every success in your future endeavors. Please do consider the potential of re-joining the Ramsay team in the future and keep up to date with our recruitment opportunities.
Professional and fun workplace
Ramsay Healthcare is a progressive private healthcare company with dozens of hospitals around the UK. I was fortunate enough to work in a number of their hospitals across the North of England and found them to be clean, professional and well run.
Friendly and supportive
Ramsay Health is a brilliant company to work for. Everyone is actively encouraged to thrive and develop.
Ramsay has a strong patient and customer ethic, nothing is too much for the patients, caring is the name of the game.

The hardest part of the job is saying no, everyone tries to go that extra mile and as a result when a request is made it is difficult to say no as everyone wants to help the other.
Pros
Free parking, bonuses, great environment, the SMT
It was a good place
Good place to work at that time ....I used to do nights shifts on part time contract.
All clients very good looked after, most of them looked happy and like the most of the workers there.

Management good, and a great team to work with.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ramsay Health Care UK. Our community is ready to answer.