Ramboll

Ramboll Employee Reviews

A great company, full of young highly skilled engineering professionals. It's a quiet office environment which you would expect (it's not full of creatives). Talks the talk about innovation and operational excellence but doesn't necessarily walk the walk, which is frustrating. It's a Danish owned company which is fine, but it means many of the key decisions are taken there, according to their preferences and priorities, particularly so in marketing.
Attended Ramboll for my work experience placement whilst I was in secondary school. It proved to be a worthwhile experience -the staff were very accommodating and friendly!
Attended for a work placement and found it was a great experience to see the typical working environment for a job like this. Staff were very welcoming and supportive and generous break times too.
It is the best place to work. Everone is very understanding and helpful towards each other. Even long hours are okay because of the good workplace culture and ethic
Pros
A lot of Perks and social events
Cons
Multinazionale danese specializzata in consultenza ingegneristica
The company likes to invest in people, however, it depends on the management. They like to constantly change policies and their initiatives. There is no constancy in what the company follows.
Friendly office structure extremely welcoming Onus on you is to progress within the department The more you ask, the more responsibilities you get! Currently at Ramboll Chester for an industrial placement and the team has been extrememly communicative, adaptive and flexible in terms of helping me accommodate within the team!
Pros
Every aspect as mentioned above!
Cons
PM's always busy on calls!
Manage a team of eight Project Coordinators. Everyday is busy. Provide support to leadership team and guidance to the project coordinators. The environment is relaxed.
Working In The IT Department For A Family / Friendly Orientated Company Was A Great Experience . Many Friends Made - Which Helps As You Learn There Daily Workings And Can Assist With There IT Needs . Difficulties Revolved Around The Recession And The Need To Lay Of A Large Portion Of Staff
I wouldn't recommend Ramboll to anyone for work. The company doesn't know where it wants to go half the time and doesn't treat their employees with the respect they deserve. Full of false promises.
My supervisor was friendly and helpful, teaching me to use the software and made me feel welcome. Although I was new and previously untrained, I was still able to complete the tasks assigned to me and felt useful to the company. It was a great experience of what it would be like to be a real employee and Ramboll.
Pros
Good hours
I worked here during the construction recession for the first 3 years after whitbybird had been taken over by Ramboll. The company valued and pushed graduates to succeed, but did not always have a career path that was tailored to Engineers strengths. Generally it was pushed for you to become a manager, and control contracts and finances while juniors designed, and not excel in the technical aspects. Great open plan working atmosphere and camaraderie between employees, with Managers easy to approach style
Pros
Open plan working space
Cons
technical leaders were not valued at the time
A new dawn arrived when I accepted the job offer in December 2015. It ended up being a nightmare brought about by a deceiving and misleading Managing Director. Ramboll Oil & Gas Uk had no work and virtually zero frame agreements in place. I was advised Ramboll were out the door with bids and work. Whereas they had a Zero Order book and only stayed afloat by hand downs from Esbjerg. When that dried up both of my contract engineers were paid off. Disaster after disaster and I was paid off for not doing enough, no resources to support me. All to save paying me a further 2-months in notice.
Pros
Weekly fruit baskets bought
Cons
Untrustworthy Company
During my time employed as a technician by Ramboll, I was given the opportunity to develop a vast insight into the operations undertaken in highways construction projects. It was my duty to produce technical drawings, sketches and details for use in proposed construction projects. A typical day would entail receiving information from engineers working on a variety of projects who are designing proposals to meet client requirements. Having liaised with engineers and understood the requirements, I would produce a drawing to illustrate the design needs. I always had a friendly relationship with managers and senior technicians, who would do their best to help me as required and direct me in the best practices of work. The most discouraging aspect of the job was learning that tender bids have not been accepted, which resulted in extensive hard work going to waste. I thoroughly enjoyed working on projects that I knew of personally, particularly those in Southampton, as I took pride in providing positive changes for my home city. I worked in a closely knit team of technicians and engineers, who all collaborated efficiently and cooperatively. Overall I enjoyed my time at Ramboll and am grateful to have been given the opportunity to begin my career as a civil engineer.
Pros
Beautiful office overlooking vast fields, close to where I live
Cons
Limited opportunity to advance in career
I emjoyed workin is a shame my contract runs out.nice people around .good employers I am looking forward to work back with the company soon. God bless us all!!!
Work somewhat varied in Finance. Great management & co-workers contributed to a busy positive working atmosphere, but Managers not too busy to have a chat with. Management style flexible and not authoritarian.
Very interesting projects and good people. Lots of social events and good work life balance. Helpful and warm people and the projects very interesting and varies from job to job.
Ramboll is a great place to work, everyone I work with are great and make you feel really welcome as a new starter. The workload is very hit and miss, I am very busy some days and not so busy other days. This isn't great for me as I like to be busy everyday and have a set job role, and 'to do list' so I know what I am doing day to day, and I keep myself occupied and the days flowing. I enjoy working there but for me, I need a busier more demanding job role.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not a great workload
Poor Leadership, long working hours. Significant change.
Pros
Flexible Benefits
Cons
Long Hours