Ralph Lauren
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Ralph Lauren Employee Reviews

United Kingdom172 reviews
Fast paced and supportive.
Working at Ralph Lauren was good work experience, I typically worked in customer service and stock room with minor till work. I learned vital skills working at Ralph Lauren, such as customer communication and teamwork.
Pros
Good system of worker reward
Cons
Uncomfortable enviroment
20 March 2020
Communication and team work are always key players at work! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.
Had many fun hard working years at RL, excellent environment, great colleagues, well executed training and development and lovely product to sell, would recommend to anyone
Primark with a pony
Admittedly, I worked at an outlet store under the Polo Ralph Lauren banner; I imagine working at a full price store would be more rewarding and less remedial.

But my experience was one of blind leading the blind; the company is projecting a face of high luxury, but behind the scenes there is no direction besides shifting units and making profit at all costs. There is little to no training regarding customer service or product knowledge, and as long as you can function the till and organise a queue, you can have a job.
Relaxed and enjoyable
I have only worked for PRL for a short time. Easy communication and positive praise is given when it is required. You are made to feel valued and good training is offered.
20 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate you!
Productive and a great working community
- 9-6pm
- I have learnt management, creativity, styling, VM and team work.

- Great working culture, sociable and friendly teams.

- Hardest part can be short notice, and management of samples.
20 March 2020
Thank you for being at the front line of our consumers - we appreciate your hard work!
Bloody awful
The pay is awful they work you like dogs and the managers are so rude and horrible so many have left due the fact managers be disgusting towards them !! They give everyone who hands in a cv a Job because everyday someone else leaves the amount of times I’ve came in to work and knew no one, wouldn’t bother with this job
20 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate you taking the time to do so and will be connecting with the appropriate teams regarding your feedback.
Awful management and structure, bully culture!!
Never in my life have I come across a company that has such a poor management structure, the management team are nothing but bullies who will rule with fear mongering and impossible targets. You can never plan ahead as rotas will change without any notice, if you lose a sale that is a strike against your name in your probation period. Managers will have their favourites and force the others out either by failing their probation or pushing them to find somewhere else.
Great brand values, fun place to work
working with Ralph lauren has been a great experience. The best part for me would be the knowledge i was able to aquire about the brand from the training days that were provided and the new season booklets provided for staff. I was definitely able to improve on my customer service and communication skills during my time with the brand thus far.
Productive workplace
I really enjoyed working with the Ralph Lauren Team at House of Fraser. I was able to create a good relationship with mu coworkers as well as with the management team to ensure all relevant work was completed and everything ran smoothly
Hate Ralph Lauren
I hated working here , the managers are rude , I've worked there for almost 3 years and all my hard work was never recognised, but when new workers came in they'd applauded them for doing nothing and when it came to my leaving day no one said bye to me . Managers are unfair and will walk all over you they say they care but they DONT appreciate you at all , take my word and don't work here
Senior Sales
Salary is poor, you get paid way less than the amount of work you have to do. The company will try it's best to mess your pay up so they can cut costs, you are given terrible uniform, trainers that will give you a lot of pain.

Company gives the typical view that they care for their employees, but really they don't. Avoid this company.
10 February 2020
We appreciate your feedback and taking the time to leave a review, we will be sharing it with the proper teams.
10 February 2020
Toxic company - avoid
Management favour people and let them get away with not doing what they should be doing and then pulling others up when they are doing things correctly. Lots of people talk behind each others' back and complain about each other. Managers encourage people to raise complaints. A very toxic place to work.
Pros
50% off 4 times a year
Cons
Toxic environment
Productive and fun workplace
I really enjoyed working here, I was a Christmas temp so each day was so busy. Everyone was lovely, helpful, so friendly. I learnt all about the clothes, styles, trends, be it either in mens department, womens or children. There was a lot of customer liasons which were mainly all pleasant although there were the odd one or two people who were very abrupt but I dealt with them in a professional manner. I loved everything about working for Ralph Lauren, the staff, the work environment, they were all so welcoming and helped me in all departments and I gained so much knowledge.
Poor job
Good place to work. Fast-paced so always something to do, especially on weekends, good colleagues (not management) I've made friends for life there. Management team are horrendous, treat people of lower positions like they're literally below them. No care for staff below them despite mental health support and work support that they provide. Physically, the management do not care. Aside from this, good benefits and rewards. Good discounts, 30% for friends and family 4 times a year, too.
Stagnate job with less productivity.
Ralph Lauren tried their best for employees to feel comfortable and worth the job that they do. They as a company are very helpful but as a team management they failed multiple times. They try to imply rules on new comers which most of the time the higher positioned employees tend to break at multiple occasions.
Pros
Free Juices and drinks. discount for employees all year round.
Cons
Stagnate job. Imperfect team management.
Ralph Lauren
• Build a rapport with the customer, identify their needs to Connect and Convert through delivering the RL Experience
• Create and foster a database of customers through the company clientele tool

• To consistently achieve a personal Sales Target

• Promote teamwork through contribution to a team Sales Objective
poor management, high staff turnover. okay for part time work.
can get very busy on weekends, and very quiet in the week. management are generally poor, with a few exceptions, but they do not seem to care about the staff, only about the money. staff turnover at bicester village is ridiculously high because the managers would rather fire good staff for minor things, or cause people enough stress that they hand in their notice, than to care about how they treat their staff.

most of the employees are school children who work part time, especially on the weekends, and they obviously do not care about their jobs and are just there to make some cash (cant blame them, and the company is so desperate theyll hire literally anyone who walks in the door). this makes the weekends quite stressful, and the kids always make mistakes which it falls upon more senior members to then sort out (this is a large part of my job on weekends).

lots of new managers get brought in from outside the business and have awful attitudes when they start, more or less so depending on who trains them. staff are treated like children, and management dont hesitate to throw staff under the bus or undermine them to make themselves look better.

overall if youre in school and looking to make some relatively easy money its not bad, but if youre older and looking for somewhere to start a career, look elsewhere.
Avoid if possible
A good secure job that is easy once you get the hang of it and is good for gaining retail experience. However the management is unapproachable and condescending (bar a few members who are lovely) and good luck getting time off if you ever need to, no matter how much notice you give! I found that it was nearly impossible to ever get time off of work and so a part time job started to take over my whole life.whilst many of my colleagues were great it was a very stressful and detrimental environment to my mental health, avoid if you are able.
Just awful
Management are unfair and unreliable and untrustworthy it’s very bias as well as all the managers are friends outside of work too! Manager told customer to f**k off nothing was done about this and was basically covered up yet people where always pulled in for recorded convos for petty things! For the hours and the amount of stress/pressure your under it’s not worth the wage nor is it worth being treated like rubbish by management who seem to have a thing on looking down on you and speaking to you like your nothing!
Posto per giovani e beginners
Ho lavorato da Ralph Lauren a Bicester Village (UK), grande shopping center sito a metà strada tra Oxford e Londra. Esperienza molto intensa dal punto di vista culturale e linguistica (ho lavorato con mezzo mondo), ma - a mio avviso - tappa di passaggio per chi vuole costruire una carriera nel retail. Lo consiglierei ad una persona giovane e dinamica, giusto per formarsi.
Pros
Ambiente amichevole, rilassato e non competitivo.
Cons
Salario (che non prevede commissioni), caos nei giorni più "busy".
Fast-paced, challenging
Overall experience was fantastic. Was a new element of retail that I wasn't used to prior to being successful in this role. It helped me to understand how to handle different personalities. However, the regional manager was very abusive without provocation.