Ralph Lauren Employee Reviews

Found 101 reviews matching the search See all 1,771 reviews
Hours and hours without sitting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth16 September 2018
The position required constantly climbing a lot of stairs as the stock room was upstairs and the staircase was just so high. We were not allowed to sit even for a minute when our feet actually hurt and even when we were ahead of schedule with the things that need to be done. Sometimes being allocated in changing rooms or in the shop floor can be time-dragging as that means only folding clothes for hours and hours without having the permission to talk to colleagues even while two of you are folding clothes side by side. The rules are incredibly strict up to a ridiculous level for such a job position.
Pros
Seasonal discounts from time to time and regardless of age good pay
Cons
Standing on your feet for hours and hours without a minute for chat
workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester15 September 2018
difficult company to work for.
pay isn't high enough
hard to get time off
management do nothing and expect a lot
no team morale nothing to aim for when working
fun enjoyable interesting
Operations Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2018
typical day would be collecting in the deliveries daily, process store to store transfers and general sales contacting clients about new products/sales and events, the most enjoyable part of the job was seasonal changeovers new store layouts and meeting different customers and generating new business.
Pros
uniform allowance, large staff discounts
Working at Ralph Lauren
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  London28 June 2018
I had fun and enjoyed working in the stockroom at New Bond Street. Great team and great people. I can’t really say much that’s bad about Ralph Lauren.
Pros
Fantastic hours and only one weekend (Saturday) every 6 weeks
Cons
Low pay.
Amazing development and opportunities.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 June 2018
The fact that I work within a luxury environment is such a major factor for how I work and interact with people around me. We live in a world where everyday shopping stores have increased the level of service, therefore it is my job and duty to be creative, work hard and passionately to give the best and exclusive service solutions for my clients. It could be physically in the store or online, yes you probably guessed it already…Instagram has become a place of work for me now. I truly love the flexibility at my work!

In addition to my work on an online platform, I do also work at home on my computer and Ipad. First of all, I track everything I do. I track my sales throughout the day, week, and month. I set up client lists on Excel, Write templates for myself, basically preparing emails which I will send the following days and finally, I make collages and plan out styling sessions with my clients.
Pros
The people
work balance
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bicester13 June 2018
working at Ralph lauren was good.
management were great.
hardest part was busy periods but they went very fast.
enjoyed working as a large team, getting the jobs done
Pros
discount
Cons
long days
Good to work at
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Gunwhalf12 June 2018
Managed the storerooms and cleaned the floors, mirrors and clothes racks. Well organised and simple job. time was manageable for the work load. Staff were friendly.
Pros
Short hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire5 June 2018
Day to day life in Ralph Lauren is never the same and you have a lot of work to do and help to get the job done at hand and are expected to be able to work on your own at times. The people really do get you through the working day the team is like a family.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Progression.
Sales associate/stockroom (Former Employee) –  London29 May 2018
I can say it was one of the best jobs I have had.
Amazing environment.
Management team helps you in anything you need to be successful in your career.
Great company to work for
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Kent3 April 2018
I've worked for the company for many years and it's such a good place to work! Nice people, fast problem solving, great management, just a great company to work for!
Pros
Great management
Cons
No uniform allowence and not a good discount
Fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire26 March 2018
I think that Polo Ralph Lauren was a productive, skilful job that I unfortunately had to leave because of moving to a different area. Was a lovely family atmosphere within the team.
Good Atmosphere & great people to work with
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire16 March 2018
- A typical day for me is working in the Denim department with 2-4 people ensuring great customer service is given, as well as respect and assistance.
Pros
Flexible Shifts, Chances to take up different jobs within the company, Different Shift patterns
Productive, yet a fun workplace.
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2018
Five month fixed term contract as a sales associate working for Ralph Lauren at the Flagship Store in Bond Street, London (4 days a week – fixed wage plus individual sales commission).

Although this was my first job in retail, I quickly took on board the “ethos of selling”. Targets were set and deadlines had to be met.  I thrived in this environment and the fast pace brand selling was very satisfying and rewarding. I also realised I possessed the “can do” attitude required in order to be successful. I improved my communication and presentation skills with reference to all customers and demonstrated a helpful and presentable attitude at all times on the shop floor.
Management and progression
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire17 February 2018
The management at Ralph Lauren was disappointing, they don't offer good enough hands on training at the start to feel comfortable with your job role, i felt there was no chance of progression as they always hire outside of the company for higher job roles and don't offer enough training in these job roles to employees inside the company. However the staff were very friendly and i was able to learn through the more experienced employees.
Pros
Friends and family
Stockroom asssistant
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire25 January 2018
Stockroom assistant. Labeling and folding clothes.
Occasionally on the shop floor when required to provide excellent customer service and help with sales. Worked as part of a large team .
Pros
Lunch breaks
poor
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire17 January 2018
not great hours of work, most of the staff cant be bothered to even be at work training new starters are mainly uni kids who don't care about the brand
Fun/busy environment
York designer Outlet (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire15 January 2018
Ralph Lauren, gave me an opportunity to excell and learn retail techniques such as, customer service skills.

A normal day at work was very busy. Been quick and diligent was key. The management was poor at times.
benefits
Cons
management
proactive
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2018
My time at Ralph Lauren was amazing, i became more confident within myself and grew. In such a luxury brand day to day varied as some days it was very quiet but this gave us a great opportunity to have one to one with our clients. Working in Selfridges it was hard to have set days and with the long hours it was difficult to do much.
Pros
acknowledgement, appreciation, growth and team work
Cons
shift hours and patterns
good opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  london9 December 2017
good work ambience, boring job, not ;any hours, shop discounts
Pros
discounts
Cons
boring job
Lovely Uniform to wear
Sales assistant Selfridges (Former Employee) –  London29 November 2017
Ralph Lauren is a concession stand within Selfridges, they hire the space within the Department store.
Generally a nice Concession to work for generous clothes allowance, and subsidered canteen allowance.
Good perks working for Selfridges London on a Ralph Lauren , good clothes allowance, good food discounts, and a travel card which is worth it weight in gold.
Pros
Good Clothes allowance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ralph Lauren. Our community is ready to answer.