Railway Hotel

Railway Hotel Employee Reviews

fun to work in
For the week i work there i had to prepare food for the head chef although i didn't get paid because it was work experience it was very fun and i got free food at lunch time
Pros
free food
good
I haven't work very long at the Royal Hotel ,, I have my own routine , I work independently, The hardest part is communication , The most enjoyable is coming away is satisfaction result knowing my abilities and skills in cleaning have being noticed.
Pros
Cons
minimum hour
good place to work
Busy workplace. Friendly, hardworking team. Tiring. Meeting and serving different people. E-learning and in-house customer care courses.
Productive and fun outgoing work place
A typical day at work would be starting with a short brief on how the shift is going for the whole team so far, this would include any issues the bar or staff were having. Then I would start serving customers and tidying the bar as I went. This was a fairly fast paced environment so there was always lots to do. I learnt a lot whilst working for Railway Hotel, especially the importance of how to treat your fellow human beings with respect. The management were all completely professional and friendly and great to work for, as were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was doing closes, as they could take a long time on a busy day. The most enjoyable part was the interaction between myself and the customers.
Pros
Meeting new people
Fun, active and friendly
During my time at work I found it hard to have a social life with friends. However, my overall review on my time at the Railway Hotel was fun, a happy environment and huge responsibility.
Pros
Meeting new people, socializing and 7 breaks a day
Cons
Aggresive customers (after large intakes of alcohol) and late nights
Fun local Pub
Great place to drink and work. Live music weekly and a good crowd of regulars.
enjoyable part time job
The typical day involved the serving of customers, handling money, ensuring that the stock was rotated and making sure that the bar areas and tables are clean and free of glasses. From working at the railway I have developed customer skills and have learnt how to solve any problems they may have in a calm and professional manner.
I have always managed to maintain a good working relationship with both my managers and my co-workers getting on with many of the latter on a personal basis outside of work hours. The hardest part of the job is dealing with certain people looking for trouble for example at weekends in a calm manner to ensure not to inflame the situation further, the most enjoyable part of the job is the fact it is a social job and interacting with the customers is encouraged as part of the job.
Pros
social side of the job, enjoy the work
Cons
not always enough hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Railway Hotel?