Radisson Hotel Group

Radisson Hotel Group Employee Reviews

A great place to work, but as with all jobs has a few negatives especially being a managed hotel. Daily meals provided, so no need for sandwiches. But pay structure is subject to approval by the owners .
As usual in these sorts of jobs the people make the place, management is a fluid concept with stress put on those doing the work by people who need to feel involved but have no real idea. No concept of actually managing people/how to talk to people unless there's money to be made.
Pros
Good fun colleagues, decent and varied clientele
Cons
Numerous. Lack of meaningful communication, no chance for progression within. Lack of cohesive directive and support.
learnt a lot, highly recommended, really great place to work, friendly teams, motivating and knowledgeable leadership. good life and work balance, good benefits.
One of the best companies to work in UK, good work culture. Supportive management and seniors with high level of skills. Colleagues and team members were a great asset.
Abysmal experience. Complete lack of training, had to wait forever to be paid, gossipy environment. Having worked for the top brands in customer service such as Disney they really haven’t got a clue what it takes. Don’t practice what they preach one bit. By far the worst job I’ve had in my many years in customer service, chronic!
I couldn’t find a better place to work! Front Office team is amazing, but all the staff is very nice! Staff rate, discount, incentives and progression!!
If you live in Peterborough, do yourself a favour and do not even look at working at the park inn!!! Absolutely abuse! They offer you 0 hours so they can abuse you then shout at you. They will give you so much responsibility WHEN YOUR ON A 0 HOUR CONTACT! Offer you a supervisor role and a 40 hour contact and still keep you on 0 hours! They lie, they are manipulative and deceitful!
I had wanted to work for Radisson for a while when I started, however this quickly changed when I saw how staff members talked about others behind their back and acted incredibly two-faced when working alongside said people. Management often also talked about other members of staff behind their back, which made me feel uncomfortable. I was promised 40+ hours if successful in my interview, but given a zero hour contract...what? What pushed me over the limit was being forced to do things that I was not comfortable with. At least have some consideration for other people's feelings. Please avoid for your own sanity.
Very bad working conditions with unreasonable work load and a general manager that the most of the times his answer is I don t care.... Any feeling of being in a team, only individuals. I would not recommend to anyone this place for work.!! You have the feeling of "what s going to happen if I do something wrong?"
Muy positiva mi experiencia en este hotel. Recomendable cien por cien.
I can't upload the resume without filling this form. That's not cool, indeed.com. Very not cool. Well, fifty more characters to go. Almost there. Here we go
Do not work here unless you want terrible pay, no tips, like working 2 hours overtime, having a cheapskate general manager, having old and broken equipment and enjoy being on understaffed shifts every day. Other than this the staff and duty managers are extremely friendly and welcoming
New management came in. Was treated differently based on my colour and told about my work ethic, when was not a problem before. I was discriminated behind my back and the management did nothing about it!
Lovely team and great culture in the office. It's fun and the team are very helpful. There are lots of opportunities to develop. The role can be fast paced and challenging, but there is always support on hand.
Pros
Staff rates for hotel stays, free lunch, development opportunities
I worked in Radisson Collection for almost two years, it's a nice place to work, good and friendly staff. The job is hard like in every hotel but not impossible. 30 minutes break in the cantine and the monthly payment always in time.
Pros
Free lunch, good team
Cons
Zero hours contract
Food and Beverage Manage I am responsible for all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service Design exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements Identify customers needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel Establish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures Provide a two way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
Pros
free meals on duty
Cons
Ok Hours
I worked as housekeeping.The third day when i started I cant find my things to work with So the housekeeping supervisor she isn t professional.We worked for a few hours
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Without equipment housekeeping.
I loved my 19 years here at Edwardian. I don't know where the time went. I learnt the basics and progressed well during my time there. I worked with some amazing people who taught me alot.
Pros
the people
Dont apply for the job unless you wish to get mugged off, staff are great but management is poor, dipped salary, last changes, lack of communication and generally poor service when it comes to treating employees fairly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Staff are great and have made some good friends, management however is shocking - Very poorly run, no wonder they are reporting losses. You also have to fight for your pay, common practice for staff to be underpaid here. My advice would be to avoid them.
Pros
Free lunch (if youre given enough time to eat it)
Cons
Minimum wage, Poor Management
I worked for this hotel group for 2 years. The original management were fantastic, one of the best mentors I’ve ever had but he left and the new management that came in crushed the team hired by the original management simply because they disliked or should I say were simply jealous of the previous management and their impressive achievements and vision. It takes a poor manager with blinkered vision to destruct and implode a working structure simply because they want to make their mark and because they disliked the previous management. They replaced it with a “if your face fits” culture and would witch hunt you out of the business if they simply didn’t like you especially if you were connected to the old management structure. I suffered from depression working for them. One of the worst companies ive ever had the misfortune to work for with a narsasitic bully heading it up. The way they treated some of my colleagues and myself was nothing short of pure wickedness
Pros
I left