Radis Community Care Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Care worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme19 June 2019
Shocking management, office full of bullies they push you to work more hours than you want to. Do not pay correct wage. All round not a nice company to work for they do not support you at all
Very rewarding career
Floating team leader (Current Employee) –  Pershore7 June 2019
I currently work for radis at cherry orchard house and I couldn't wish for a better job,I only wish I was younger as I feel I have so much to give.there is nothing more satisfying than caring for some one and seeing the difference that a carer has made to the client,we enable them to live as normal independent life as possible.we all work together as a team,we help each other,the manager is brilliant, good pay and pension ,excellant working environment, if you have family or personal issues everyone is there to help,can't think of any other work place that is better.work hard and you will be rewarded.
Pros
Client and job satisfaction all round.
Cons
There are no cons, personally.
Awful place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire13 May 2019
Deputy manager is not a nice person- makes out she is but plays mind games
Manager and area manager are lovely and would have happily stayed with them managing
really good
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 May 2019
radis was a very good company to work.they made me feel comfortable from the second I walked in for my interview. the management was so kind and caring.
I could ask for any better
Care worker (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands16 April 2019
Started working for Radis Wolverhampton many years ago. Its a very fast pace environment. Office staff have been more than helpful and always supportive. Yes there can be many changes to rotas but this is not the fault of office staff its other colleagues phoning in sick and I don't mind helping others that help me.
Whenever I have had an issue there has been someone to help even if it the problem wasn't work related.
As you can imagine the work is based in the community and if you are a driver you have to consider the wear and tear on your car but this is what I signed up for. The knowledge that you have supported people to live as independently as possible is good enough for.
As with all jobs theres highs and lows. The highs definitely way out the lows.
Great company to work for.
Pros
Great staff who understand
Worst Company Ever. Do Not Apply For Any Job Here.
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands14 April 2019
This has to be the worst company I have ever worked for in my life.
I don’t think I can put into words how bad they actually are.
But I’ll start with a few issues...
* Calling you on your days off 5/6/7 times to ask you to cover shifts, when you say no, they ask several times “are you sure you can’t do it” “There’s no one else” even though they can come out of the office. “Thanks for nothing”, putting the phone down on you mid sentence when you say no.
* Sending several snide texts in regards to Clients, making digs in letters about insignificant things such as double ups, only taking sick if you’re basically half dead.
* Never answering emails, doesn’t matter how many times you send emails they hardly ever reply, unless you threaten to leave, or mention CQC.
* Putting you on calls when you are on annual leave & claiming they had no clue you were on holiday, then getting in a huff, because they have to come out of the office.
* Giving bad references full of lies to those who had the balls to speak up and leave.

* Double up calls should always be TWO people, far too many times they have put ONE carer on a double up call with severely disabled clients who have to use hoists and have to be rolled over. This is a hazard to the client & the Service User, incredibly dangerous and careless.
* Paying you less than you worked & then making the excuse there’s been an error, when you threaten to take it further all of a sudden they can get your exact wages paid to you.
* Giving you one days medication training then a weeks shadowing, then expecting you to go out into
  more... the community and know it all, without medication knowledge.
* Giving the long calls to their favourite Care Workers, and leaving 4/5 hour gaps between calls.
* Making you come out for one 30 minute call, when you live 2 miles away from the Service User.
* Intimidating you into taking calls you either don’t want to do, or already had plans.
* Changing your rota whilst you’re in a call! Then expecting you to adhere to it when the times already passed.
* Gossiping about Care Workers & Clients with no regard.
* Messing up rota’s & not giving enough travel time between calls which means you’ll be late for a double up call which will make the other Care Worker late for their next calls.
* Not informing Care Workers when Service Users are in hospital, so make you waste petrol only to find out they are not there.
* Not Giving KeySafe comes to Care Workers so making them stand outside Service Users homes having to call the emergency number only for them to tell you, they don’t have the code, so you can’t do the call which could leave the Service User in danger.
* Not giving you equipment you signed for such as Aprons, Torches, Alarms.
* Rallying their favourite Care Workers together to intimidate newer Carer’s into doing calls they do no want to do.
* Not taking into consideration circumstances you may have at home such as sick children, or ill parents.
* Refusing to pay you holiday pay that you haven’t used.
* Telling you that you have to do all the calls they give you or they will sack you. They expect you not to know that all of their contracts are ZERO HOUR CONTRACTS which means by law they are not obliged to give you anyway work, and equally by law you are not obliged to accept any work.

There is dozens of other things I could write, but I would be here all day. This company is absolutely despicable and should be reported constantly to the CQC for the dangerous, shocking tactics they try. The girls in the office are bullies, some of the Care Workers are lap dogs to the girls in the office and will intimidate you on their behalf.

This company has triggered my depression and anxiety and every single day I go to work I dread it, every single week I get my rota I dread looking at it.

I will be leaving as soon as I have another job in place.
The wage is rubbish, the staff are rubbish, and so is the company.

Even the Service Users and their families constantly complain about what this company does.

Please please please if you value your happiness do not apply for any jobs this company advertises.
Pros
Grateful Service Users.
Cons
Everything. There is nothing good about this company apart from the Service Users.
busy
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire1 April 2019
Working for Radis was very fun at the start then you get to do longer hours and they become more and more longer hours than before. If you're ill, they give your shift to someone else. You don't get to go on staff night outs as much cause everyone does different shifts.
Pros
training.
Cons
Really enjoying working for radis
Admin (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire25 February 2019
Through a job with Radis you get the opportunity to meet new people and learn and develop new skills. The office team are very supportive and always prepared to help if they are needed, overall a very good company to work for.
Positive values
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlands19 February 2019
An established company with excellent values, many employees have been with the Company for 10 years plus.
Care for staff as well as clients, on the whole a happy workforce
Very good clients and workers
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands19 February 2019
I was work there more than 1 year. I got lot of friend, training and experience. Only one woman in office, who stabbing your back. Most worker who left, did because this woman. She is lovely to face to face, but she "killing" you behind your back.
Pros
Paid travel time, good team
Cons
Care coordinator
Have given all.support and encouragement to process
Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Herefordshire16 February 2019
Having worked for Radis for now over 8 years. I have enjoyed my work. And the help and encouragement I have had to progress to become a trainer. They have helped me in my later years change the direction in my career. In all the areas I cover I have great feedback from my trainees on how well the Training they have recieved from my colleagues that it has been excellent.
I also find all the management that I have encountered, all very helpful and give you support.
Pros
Paid Holiday. Paid travel Time. Uniforms. Full Traing and encouragement.
Cons
Cant think of any
Awfully company
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire12 February 2019
Worked for this company for 4 months.( Not my choice as we were tupeyd over from another company) In the beginning they promised me everything. No changes in hours or shifts. Well that was just a lie. Management totally useless, very rude to staff, no communication skills, ended up cutting my hours by 30 hours a month. Do not touch this company as they lie, don't treat staff with dignity or respect.
Cons
A care company should actually care!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire8 February 2019
When I first started at Radis I really enjoyed the job. It was nice to meet new people and the days went quickly because we weren't in one place for more than a hour. The calls were spread out evenly so you wouldn't be either rushed off your feet or left sitting around in the car or having to go home for an hour or 2 at a time before you had to go out again!
However after being with the company for a couple of months the daily (sometimes several times a day) phone calls started asking if we could cover shifts, come in on our days off or go out and do a 15 minute call - they would offer double time for that 15 minute call but getting 4 quid for going out in rush hour traffic or late at night isnt exactly appealing! Even while on annual leave we get phone calls asking if we can work!

We are expected to get from one place to another in 5-10 minutes, for example from Trentham to Fenton at 8.30 in the morning. We get 13p per mile which ends up not even being a quarter of the amount of fuel we use! Extra calls are slotted in between our regular service users therefore making us either too early or way too late but when you mention this to the office you get a response like 'well you get there when you get there' which in my opinion is messing up the routine of both the carer and more importantly the service users!
I've personally had up to 10 calls in between 6 and 11am then a big gap which obviously we don't get paid for before having to start again. Why not just spread the calls out evenly rather than having us running around like a headless chicken for 5 hours and not having
  more... time to catch our breath then sitting about for a couple of hours before starting again! If we are pushed to the point of exhaustion, suffering with stress or ill then we wouldn't even get any sick pay as they don't pay that! They actually expect you to work if you've got a bad cold or tell them that you've been sick...But in training we're told to notify the office if we're unwell due to infection control?!

Several carers have left the company since the beginning of the year so now things will get even worse! The office staff moan about being overworked and that they're 'desperate' for calls to be covered... How do you think the carers feel when they're being pushed from pillar to post for a pittance!
When are the management going to realise that if they treated the carers better, spread the calls out evenly and increased the pay then more people would want to work for them and everyone would be happier all round.
Pros
The service users are lovely
Cons
No consistency. Not paid enough. Constant phone calls.
Disgusting company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stoke on Trent25 January 2019
I had a job here and was conned into being made out it was something else. I left. I was begged to return and promised more than what I was originally offered. I stupidly came back and fell for all the lies. I feel so sorry for the service users and the carers.
The manager of stoke is not good at all at her role. She should work in marketing as she is very good at talking the talk. The staff in the office are very lazy and extremely unorganised. All they think about is Friday weekend drinking. They don’t help the carers out when short staffed. The carers are over worked. Rotas are done on a daily basis and changed by the hour. Also duplicated calls so you waste fuel driving to call to learn it was already done. You work from 5:30am till midnight With no break. They like to threaten you by saying if you don’t accept the work and rota changes you will lose your job. Please avoid at all costs. This company will make you ill. I am leaving them this week and can not wait to hand my notice in. I will find somewhere else much better than this. It is that bad I am leaving before I find another job.
Pros
If you like food and booze the office is always full of beer, chips and doughnuts.
Cons
Absolutely everything including a manager that is fantastic at fibbing
Absolutely disgusting!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire17 January 2019
Please NEVER apply with this company!
I was with them for 5 months.

I was messed about with, with my training before I even started the job fully, one minute I was doing training on such a date and the next I wasn’t, to finally be told that actually, yes I was supposed to be on that training.

Communication is diabolical between the office and carers (office lack of communication) yet this will always be blamed on whoever they can possibly think of, no one is to blame but office staff. Which brings me to my next point.

The office staff will ALWAYS blame someone else if their is a fault on their behalf, wether it’s you or another member of staff, they pass the buck to whoever they feel like passing it too, usually someone who has recently left the job with Radis so as they cannot defend themselves, however, I was once blamed for a mistakes on their end.

Confidentiality is a complete NO. Carers and clients know EVERYTHING about every carer! For example.. If you’re off ill for the day, all the clients should need to know if they ask where such a carer is, is that they’re not very well, that is it. But no, they know absolutely everything. You’re discussed between staff in the office also which is absolutely ridiculous.

They have absolutely no clue how to run a company, especially to call themselves a “care” company because that, they certainly don’t! They do not listen to their clients whatsoever.

You’ll be worked off of your feet with ridiculous hours and it will never be appreciated.. you give and inch and they expect a mile! Always taken advantage of.

If
  more... someone goes off sick and a member of staff in the office is fully capable of helping to cover calls, they’re very reluctant to do so and would rather push the calls onto staff who are already out, who already have god knows how many hours on their back as it is.

God forbid you go off sick for the day, phoning in first thing in the morning to say you won’t be in, to then receive phone calls/emails up until the very last minute when you’re due to work as they cannot cover your calls due to staff shortages and apparently “you said you’d let them know” (again, heres the blaming side of things.)

Also, I had put in for a holiday request, it was probably just short of 4 weeks notice for a holiday request but was told that I could not have those dates because it’s “too short notice for the rotas” which is absolute rubbish because the rotas are given weekly, if that! I found this disgusting as I had only ever been VERY flexible with the company and to get this thrown back at me was crazy. I only then found out that actually no one had the week I requested off so there was no reason I couldn’t have had it off..

The list is endless and you will regret any decision to work with this company, I am glad to have left. The company is laughable.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Happy
care supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent13 January 2019
I worked here for a long time. I absolutely loved it at Radis. I worked my way up from care workers to senior. I learnt a lot from Radis to be where I am today.
Pros
The staff at the time of me working there.
Cons
I hated having the oncall phone
Worst company I have ever worked for
General dogs body (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire8 January 2019
There is no work/life balance and if your lucky to have a day off it is disturbed with numerous phone calls begging you to work and cover shift. Even on your break you are pestered. Even on your shift you are pestered. And when you get your rota it is changed several times a day and if your on a double up run you are also expected to fit in lots of singles in between and before and after.
You don’t get much fuel allowance. They purposely Make your first and last call miles away from your home so your fuel isn’t paid. You are expected to live on four hours a sleep a day and have no life.
Plus they are so unorganised that unfortunately you are the one that gets all the stick from the service user. They know it’s not your fault but your the only person they can speak too as the office do not return hardly any calls. The staff in the office are so lazy they don’t go out and help. They over work you. They lie about the job role and expect you to forget what was said at the interview. You don’t receive any benefits what so ever. I was embarrassed to work here and glad I am out!
Also the Petrol used against what you are paid isn’t worth it. Poor management. They do all the easy calls and your left with the difficult ones.
Pros
Work work work
Cons
Long hours. Petrol spent isn’t worth what you earn. Poor management.
Good place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welshpool, Powys30 December 2018
Radis was good place to work fun girls to work with and the client were amazing. Long hours but the girls ypubwork with make up for it. Easybtonhet along with and have a laugh
Pros
Milage payed
Appalling
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran Town19 December 2018
Had an invite for interview atteneded, soon as I got there they were arguing over who was interviewing me! put me in a room said would get me an application form sat there for 45 minutes waiting for the application form didn’t receive it. Also the paper work was all over the desk I was sat on not at all professional I could of been anybody, also all the office staff done the entire time I was there was moan about there staff wouldn’t even recommend wasting your time applying or attending an interview with them much better care Company’s out there than this one
Excellent Managers
carer (Current Employee) –  Midlands13 December 2018
I have worked with a few Managers and branches and have found all of them supportive, really want what is best for the clients and helpful. They always listen and try to do the best for us all of us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radis Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.