RBS Employee Reviews

Productive and busy workplace
Financial Crime Associate (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh16 January 2018
I started a role as a fraud associate because of the variety and interesting nature of the role. However at no point during interview or in the advert did they tell me it was a call centre role. I was not impressed by the training, and the structure/call centre environment is so strict that I did not complete my training.
The training staff and manager we reported to were very helpful, but I did not meet my own manager during the 3 weeks I was there, which I found very strange.
Pros
Hours of work suited me - evenings
Cons
Strict call centre environment - very strict 'wrap-up' time, toilet/coffee breaks monitored and restricted (15mins for a 7-8 hour shift)
great company overall but
Telephony Banking Inbound Calls (Former Employee) –  Belfast15 January 2018
it wasn't the environment that I am used to and the training was rushed and not fully explained or talked about. one to one training would have benefited me in order to get to grips with the job.
Good employment benefits.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Scotland14 January 2018
Could be viewed as a foot in the door of a major corporation with scope for personal advancement. They offer a very good benefits package for employees.
Great team
Supporting the MD and three Senior Directors (Current Employee) –  Reading, PA13 January 2018
Exciting and fast paced environment, I enjoy the variety of my role there is never a dull moment, great people and teams to work with. Good work life balance.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Office quite old and staff facilities.
good workplace culture and learning opportunities
Associate (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2018
- good workplace culture
- exposure to a lot of interesting processes
- a lot of learning opportunities
- support from management
- possibility of flexible hours
Pros
culture and people in the organisation
Cons
legacy issues / restructuring
Different levels
Control design lead (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 January 2018
Some of the best people in the world work in RBS, like other large organisations there are also those that need a bit more development.
When working with the good people you will have clarity, you will have confidence in your capabilities and this will keep you motivated.
Pros
the teamwork
Cons
its getting smaller
business manager
bank leadership (Current Employee) –  Rotherham8 January 2018
really great company to work for
car parking on site
a lot of career choice
canteen on site
great people working there and helpful
business banking
Pros
free break
Cons
1hr
Lacklustre company
Trade and Transaction Reporting (Former Employee) –  London8 January 2018
Ineffeciently run company that has been propped up by the British taxpayer for too long. Needs to learn to operate like a real company not the NHS of banks.
Sales, Banking
Temporary Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scotland7 January 2018
I was working as a team player in banking, sales and referrals based on customer service and providing a great service to customers and gaining sales.
Pros
comission and wages
Good Place to Work
Resource Planning and MI Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire4 January 2018
Sad to have been made redundant, but on reflection it was a business decision that was right for the business. It's going in the right direction, but I'd obviously be wary of working for them again in some of the more rural branches, which regretfully are not safe anymore.
Great Strategy and Work Life Balance
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  London4 January 2018
The Business houses a great positive mind-set and now looking forward to implementing a more secure and solid Banking model based upon the customers feedback.
This has been in the form of "Lessons Learnt" in the remediation products and continuous focus on their risk & control structure.
Fun place
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 January 2018
I am currently working at this place and seriously, I love working here.
there are few thing that I do not like about this place such as the working hours.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester3 January 2018
I have managed to gain vital sales and customer service skills both as an advisor and as management that I hope to use to further my career. Good company but I am now looking for an exciting new challenge after nearly 12 years with the company
productive and fun place to work
Fraud Associate - Fraud Support (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 January 2018
Primarily a telephony based role handing both inbound & outbound calls relating to various types of frauds and scams via varying payment methods and providing outcomes and reassurance to victims of fraud. helped me learn a path to which I should follow.
Pros
N.a
Cons
N.a
Welcoming, inclusive, diverse, ejoyable
Private Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester3 January 2018
A typical day at job consists of handling customers' requests and enquiries over the phone, liaising with private banking managers to offer support on technical matters and more complex cases. We have daily huddles to discuss latest news and incidents,also changes to existing processes and products.
I learnt how to be responsible, put customers' needs first, adhere to guidelines and regulations, work towards goals, objectives and targets.
Managers and team leaders are selected on merit and have the right skills and experience to manage their teams effectively.
The bank offers support to its employees through Life Matters.
It can be hard to deal with unhappy customers at times. Most customers are very appreciative of our work
Pros
flexibility and option to do overtime
Cons
It can be stressful at times
Great bunch of people
Chief Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancashire2 January 2018
Most managers were amazing and cared immensely about their staff. The atmosphere had been oppressive in the mid 00s but has improved greatly. The staffing levels have dropped greatly and the staff work hard to deliver.
Loved dealing with customers and keeping relationships going and developing.
The red tape, in house, could be frustrating.
No progression/Job Satisfaction
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester1 January 2018
after working here for 2 years I found there was a lack of progression and that due to the nature of banking businesses there was a lack of job security as there are currently alot of redundancies across the business.
Pros
benefits like life insurance
Good
Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 January 2018
Teamwork within the branch unit is good and people do try to work together to get the job done.

Higher management continues to change meaning the direction or KPI's are always changing - this can be frustrating
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool29 December 2017
I would say RBS has one of the best management you can find, all the supervisors and managers are very approachable and friendly they would go the extra mile to help anyone .
N/a
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow29 December 2017
Contracting organisation with little opportunity for career succession. The banking industry is changing and the future looks bleak in respect of career prospects.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Lack of succession