RBS Employee Reviews

Challenging
Currently Deputy Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire11 December 2018
RBS has been a great place of work. From colleagues to management. They always encourage people to progress with skills. I started as a cashier back in 2012. Moved up to senior cashier. Then onto controls officer. This was making sure we all had the relevant knowledge of risk. To protect ourselves, customers and the business. Whilst still doing this role I took on the role of deputy branch manager.
Work is sometimes confusing but great benefits.
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  Team Valley Gateshead5 December 2018
I had almost 25 years with RBS formerley Nat West and now Worldpay, I thoroughly enjoyed working with my colleagues some older than me a lot of them younger. I keyed data from a file which had been generated from our call centre and sometimes field force. I also checked other peoples work from our system and signed it off after I had corrected mistakes if any. I had to concentrate all the time as it could have cost the company a lot of money if I had missed anything. we had strict procedures in place as we dealt with numbers and any mistakes could be critical. I got along with everyone I worked with, never had a cross word with anyone. The work was being transferred to India and a new system was in place which I found very confusing and struggled to pick up. the most enjoyable part was my colleagues.
Pros
free pension scheme, buy holidays, Christmas parties, barbecues, fundays, sports days
Average company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER (Current Employee) –  North West5 December 2018
All staff are friendly and approachable but in a fast paced and ever changing environment you must be willing to adapt regularly. Lots of support and training given regular to be able to do the job well.
No comment
Senior Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 December 2018
Worked for RBS for 15 years and leaving due to redundancy. Worked my way up through the company from starting as a cashier to becoming a senior bank manager managing multiple locations
OK 9-5 job
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield4 December 2018
the benefits and salary are good for what you do. the let down in the job is the job security as they are closing alot of branches and i know alot of people who have been made redundant this is why i left due to no job security been like this since i start back in 2015
Strict with regulations but can also be fun.
Clerical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde29 November 2018
It was a good company to work for.
A typical day at work would be inputting data for solicitors, brokers, values onto the bank sysyems.
I learned Microsoft office and excel spread sheets.
Managers were quite good. They would support you if you needed it. Some were better than others.
There were so many different teams in he building you tended to stay with your own team. They were a great support and everyone helped each other. Always up for a laugh or a joke.
The hardest, keeping up with The PDPs your were set. 2 each year. Would get difficult to come up with something as we were paperless and everything had been parred down already.
Pros
Plenty of parking
Cons
Pressure, stress
great staff benefits, good rates of pay, good working hours
Customer Service Officer/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leigh28 November 2018
RBS offers great staff benefits free of charge or deducted out of your monthly wage.
Great annual leave allowance and maternity package available. Great working hours and will also be flexible around staff with children.
Pros
bank holidays off, sick pay, good pension scheme
Cons
no free staff parking
Treated horribly and false hope of progression
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 November 2018
Management give false hope and its all talk on help and support, not the case. Intense micro managing. If you are not performing then it is evident you won't be treated right by management. They've recently made a whole load of experienced mortgage advisers redundant and within a space of a few months they are hiring a whole load more. No job security. They pretend to hear your voice but they actually don't. Alot of gossiping from management too. Horrible work environment. Lack of breaks, shortened lunch hour (by the way are unpaid), come in work early, leave work late, exhausted, never appreciated. It was torture getting myself up to go to work.
Pros
Brindley place, Birmingham, is a nice location
Cons
Burnout, job dissatisfaction, poor management
Finance Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh26 November 2018
A lot changes in the restructure at the moment. Short on staff, and therefore feel under pressure. Work load priority can change in a instance and have to get tasks complete.
Pros
Good Benefits Package
Cons
Under staffed
Excellent project team
Proxy Analyst/Technical Architect (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh26 November 2018
I worked in a large project managed by one of the best Project Managers I've had the pleasure of working with. This alongside a great technical team was an absolute pleasure.
Challenging but rewarding
Business / Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  London26 November 2018
Engaging the Project Team and communicatiing effectively by :-

• Acting as Business Analyst, facilitating and leading both Project Working Group and Project Control meetings bringing parties from Technology and the Business together.
• Keeping key stakeholders engaged of project progress by working closely with all areas of the Business providing regular updates to all relevant cross divisional franchises, including updates on key developments and Design identifying any risks and issues which could impact the delivery.
• Worked closely with the Payments Technology Teams looking at all Issues and the concerns around the delivery of the solution for the Bank.
• Worked very closely with one of the Bank’s Third party supplier who process our payments and are impacted in the changes that are required for the successful conclusion of the programme.
Pros
Rewarding and a sense of Pride.
Cons
Very Challenging and demanding
A fun and exciting environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire23 November 2018
The company was fantastic to work for as they were very flexible towards staff needs.

The management were very understanding and tried to make it a fun working environment.

Although the job can be very stressful as we dealt with customer complaints at first point of contact the people made it bearable.
Various positions within the RBS Group
Bank Officer and Auditor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow and Edinburgh22 November 2018
I worked through various Branches in the RBS Group including lending, cash handling and finally worked in the Head office in the Audit Department working in a large team.
Flexible and structured work
Lead Programme Coordinator, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Bishopsgate, London21 November 2018
I have worked for my current company for 8 years in various roles.
A typical day at work involves either commuting into the office or logging on from home, checking my emails and planning time in my day to carry out my actions.
Management all follow our bank wide business model and use the appropriate leadership tools necessary to track my performance, check what I'm working on at that time and discuss my personal development plan.
The culture depends where in the bank you're located as the call centres are heavily micromanaged where as HR in London has been very laid back but with a good focus on work deliverables.
You are not heavily monitored to ensure your work is being done and are left to your work as long as you deliver by your deadline.
The hardest part of my job is the volume of work for which I am accountable for and having no support to delegate.
Also the engagement with colleagues could be better as we work remotely a lot of the time and although I am part of a team, my currently role is ancillary and so I am not involved with numerous projects with my co-workers.
The best part of the job is the ability to work from home and travelling to other locations for work, mainly for the social aspect.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Volume of work during busy periods
Great team to work for
member of the catering team (Former Employee) –  Southend20 November 2018
A fantastic company to work for everyone is polite and they treat they're employees with respect they offer alot to the people that work for them which includes after work team building activities.
Pros
good rates of pay
Cons
could be better at recruiting staff
Approachable and friendly
CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER CONTROLS (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 November 2018
I worked with great teams across the branches i worked in. There was a lot of fun in the office but everyone knew there was a job to be done. I had a great approachable management team and could talk to them about anything. I learned how to manage a team well and great customer service skills. Hardest part of the job was having to discipline a member of staff when needed but the best part of the job was the customers.
Pros
Always getting out on time
Competitive packages, but long term threat if looking for a career
Aree Director (Current Employee) –  National19 November 2018
The focus on personal banking is shifting from branch based to digital based on customer behaviour and the Company strategy. As a result employment there is a consistent threat to permanent roles in the branch sector as branch numbers reduce.
The Group pay competitive salaries at all levels and have a strong benefits package.
Pros
Competitive package
Cons
Long term Branch closure strategy threatens jobs in all sectors of branch banking.
Made redundant after 19 years let down lied to and not supported
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Lancashire18 November 2018
The RBS once was an amazing place to be how things can change and effect your life. I am a more mature lady but young in mind and heart with so much more to give
Pros
Uniform sick pay
Cons
Not treated with respect or compassion any more
Customer Services Complaints Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southend, Essex15 November 2018
I enjoyed working for RBSG for nearly 19 years and found them to be encouraging, supporting and flexible. The freedom given for us to raise complaints was second to none and the training was outstanding.
Pros
Great to work around kids
Cons
Redundancy
Typical call centre
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex13 November 2018
The day to day basis was very tedious and demotivating. The calls were repetitive. The team I worked with were a great bunch of people. Managers were mostly decent, mine in particular was great both of them were. But overall job was very boring and demotivating, as I felt I could do more. If it wasn't for the managers that I had and some of the team members then I would of left the job within a couple of months.