RBS Employee Reviews

Lovely place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Crawley17 July 2018
Really loved working at RBS. Only bad part was being made redundant. Great work / life balance. I worked Monday to Friday 8:30 - 4:45. Very friendly and relaxed. We had goals that we had to reach, however they were very easy to reach. Pay increased each year and bonuses

Same it’s ended.
Pros
Work / life balance, pay increase, friendly
Cons
Goals, no real job security
Productive and busy
financial crime associate (Current Employee) –  Southend-On-Sea16 July 2018
My day at work is taking 100 plus, calls in a busy environment. I work in fraud, so my challenge each day is to profile each customer that calls through, to make sure I am speaking to the correct person not a fraudster and then to unblock the payment they are attempting. Or in a case of fraud, I would block there card and reissue them with a new one. Being able to profile someone is a key skill I have learned from this job role, following on from this I believe I have gained a lot of team work skills as well as confidence and to be professional at all times. The managers are extremely polite and most are approachable, but not all things you ask for gets done without a reminder but this is expected when working in a busy bank. The environment of the workplace is very lively - there's 700 staff just in my department! The most difficult part is constantly taking calls without rest, it does become very mentally draining! But the most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers, finding out new things from them and to be able to engage with a variety of staff here, keeps me a lot more motivated.
Pros
kind staff
Cons
Condensed hours, extremely busy, not enough staff
Fun Environment, Hard To Progress.
Personal Banker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Southend-On-Sea13 July 2018
Very easy role, slightly mundane, targetting is light but still stands. 90% of the managers are good at what they do. Unfortunatly i landed one who didnt and i wasnt given the support i needed.
Pros
On Site Gym, Restaurant.
Cons
Competition
Brief description
Social Media Executive (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 July 2018
A day at work can be done either at home or in the office.
Through an omni channel platform I engage with customers regarding account queries and account management. I liaise with other departments to deliver an honest and reliable service.
Really Supportive Environment
Assistant Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Feltham, Greater London11 July 2018
I worked out of a regional finance office in Greater London, so the office environment didn't have the typical corporate feel to it.
The finance team were really supportive and the culture in the office was fairly relaxed and the work life balance was excellent.
However at the time career progression was very limited and salary levels were considerably below the market.
review
Complaints Handler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 July 2018
used to work at rbs, was a fantastic working environment, it helped me improve on my customer service skills drastically, and also helped me engage in new challenges.
Rbs
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 July 2018
RBS is a great place to work and is a great bank to work for. A typical day involves a lot of problem solving which makes every day different and is very rewarding.
Company looks after it's people
Internal Help desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 July 2018
The company as a whole takes care of its employees and will support them by making adjustments if you are ill or going through a hard time. The work space is light and clean and the onsite facilities are great.
Pros
Support
Excellent
Data Gatherer (Former Employee) –  Chatham6 July 2018
Loved working for RBS, great culture of work and learned a lot from working there at a young age. Grateful for the experience it gave me and the salary was good too.
A job for life
Delivery Analyst - Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 July 2018
I work within the projects team, which is a fast paced environment. I have worked at RBS for the last 18 years, of which I have been very happy.

The management structure has helped me to develop skills and experience which I hope to carry on to future roles.

As with most project jobs, there have stretching deadlines which can increase pressure, but has also added to my Delivery Manager development.
Pros
Free fee paying bank accounts
A bit of a let down
Senior Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 July 2018
A bit of a disappointment in truth, in just 18 months I've gone from "Building a Bank" through the reintroduced Williams & Glynn branding, to being told I only have 18 months of job security remaining, as this new bank is no longer being built.

It really has been a journey of disappointments and false promises, and in truth, I've never worked anywhere as unorganised across the board in my entire life.

On the plus side, there's some good people who I work with, and we work well as a collective, and enjoy activities outside of work together.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lack of training and progression opportunities
Relaxed environment to work
Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton2 July 2018
Productive and Fun place to work. A typical day can either have one task all day or you could several tasks so the days can be varied.

The workplace has a laid back culture. smart casual is the attire although its more casual.

The managers are were not very helpful, caring and or show any compassion.
Enjoyed my time in bank.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire2 July 2018
A typical day in RBS for me was to deal with customers requests to the best of my ability.
I learned how to deal with challenging customers.
I worked well under management and also on my own initiative.
The hardest part of the job was ensuring customers were happy at all times and the most enjoyable part was working with people.
Ok to work for
Accounts Management Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 June 2018
job was ok no real backup and protection or life work balance

no real issues with company hard to progress internally as jobs get posted infrequently.
Unorganised
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool23 June 2018
In customer services, made to feel more like a sales role. Threatening your job for not hitting credit, loan and overdraft targets not mentioned in the initial work criteria. Long inconvenient hours on short notice. Not very well managed in my honest opinion.
Pros
Colleagues were great
Cons
Unorganised management, very much a sell or be sacked mentality with no real reward
Productive fun workplace
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 June 2018
Although the management wasnt great.

I enjoyed the work life balance and the culture of the bank. Enjoyed working across various departments. Enjoyed my time here.
Diverse working environment and gained extensive knowledge.
Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  England20 June 2018
This job varied on working hours from 7-4 to 12-9pm. I was able to gain extensive skills in this job which I have been able to utilize in my other jobs. I enjoyed speaking to different clients on a daily basis. On the other hand the targets were very demanding.
I have Enjoyed my time with the Royal Bank Of Scotland
Customer Adviser (Current Employee) –  Lancashire19 June 2018
Great place to work unfortunately I find my position being made redundant. I will miss all my colleagues and customers and wish everybody within the Royal Bank Of Scotland all the best for the future
Not great
Exotic Deal Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 June 2018
Hectic. no increment. bad management. poor infrastructure. Only good for senior management. It's nothing but a loss making business. no bonus, I have ever received. Make people redundant every year.
Close staff networj
Customer Adviser (Current Employee) –  Long Eaton17 June 2018
Lots of branches now closing so many redundancies. Goid company to work for, supportive but not good for future job prospects due reduction in brach network.