RBS Employee Reviews

a feeling of satisfaction
Relationship Support Assistant - Business Banking (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol18 April 2018
I really enjoy working here as part of a great team. I enjoy the diversity my role provides and it gives me a great deal of satisfaction to deliver successful outcomes.
Customer orientated
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Truro17 April 2018
We strive to serve our customers to the highest of standards, not only through exceptional customer service but also finding products and services to meet their needs.
Work life balance
Senior Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Scotland17 April 2018
The RBS has been very accommodating to allow me to have a great work / life balance - I have on several occasions amended my contract.

Leaving due to redundancy
Development Opportunities
Financial Crime Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central16 April 2018
Over the past two years I have developed significantly in my role from investigating Errors Banking cases to being part of creating the new stand alone bank from scratch. I am now on a temporary Project Analyst role and looking to further my career.

I enjoy investigating and problem solving. The hardest part of the day is judging when others are available foe meetings.
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Dundee City13 April 2018
Standard banking workplace focused on making sure customers are at the heart of everything we do.
Branches ensure we serve customer well via the tellers or through appointments and helping them with every aspect of their finances
Pros
Flexible and understanding of work life balance
Cons
Can be full on at times
good place to work
Area Mortgage Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 April 2018
remained within Royal Bank of Scotland for 30+ years and have enjoyed the different roles undertaken. i have had lots of opportunities over the years to complete learning and development to support me in the roles I undertake
Friendly atmosphere
PPI Complaint Handler (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 April 2018
i have learned a lot within my time at RBS and have had the opportunity to progress with different roles and levels. the people in RBS are friendly and this helps to enjoy the time you spend with them on a day to day basis.
nice place to work
Post Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire11 April 2018
best place to work nice person best company to work for
sort out the daily post taik to people ask the phone calls l enjoy work there l work there for more then 11 years
Pros
nice place to work and nice to work
Cons
normal hours to work
Getting its Act Together
Programme Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 April 2018
Great bunch of "residual employees". Massive drive to outsource to Indian professional services companies has diluted the culture; BT did a similar thing 10 -15 years ago. In both instances, the loyalty and dedication of legacy resources was diluted and discarded under the banner of reducing TCO of IT Operations and Services.

Lack of strategic thinking with respect to its IT Infrastructure and key human resources.

Significant gaps in configuration control and documentation of IT Estate; huge legacy of unsupported platforms.

Pushed into IT resilience and application currency transformation by Financial Regulators, rather than through its own thought and change leadership.

Executive authority runs through a parallel universe of Business Service and IT Service, glued together in a Heath Robinson fashion.

The high level thinking is going in the right direction but this enlightenment isn't reflected in its fundamental operational model.
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Lack of Vision and Effective Leadership
Rewarding place to work
Relationship Support Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 April 2018
The skills I learnt over the years have been invaluable and are highly transferable in any role I will take in the future

Supporting clients with queries and processes is very rewarding especially when the client appreciates the work done under tight timescales
Working under pressure is also rewarding and motivational as have to then liaise with different departments to ensure work is completed in a timely manner; for example Account Opening and KYC

The people are great and make it a great play to work, it is not a job but a family is created with strong bonds which helps the work get done smoothly as we all work part of a team
Pros
flexible
A great place to work......
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh10 April 2018
Very busy environment, worked with lots of different individuals which was great for learning new systems etc, management very fair and approachable, very competitive environment, workstack great variety and found most people great to work with.
Pros
Work life balance fantastic
Cons
Can be a very busy environment
Busy and rewarding
PMO Lead (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London8 April 2018
PMO was a busy and rewarding role that I fulfilled for a number of years; I also was a PM for a number of years involved in high profile changes within the Group. I also worked in the credit card side of the business for a number of years and was involved in front line customer service activity. Redundancy is the reason for leaving.
Great People
Deputy Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde7 April 2018
people are what makes RBS a great place to work, they truely are a Royal Family. Working in customer service really gives you the chance to meet every customer need and its a fantastic journey
excellent work social culture
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Scotland6 April 2018
my typical day was talking to customers over the phone, finding their lending needs and see what we have that will benefit them the most.

i learnt how to talk to customers who are unhappy, and calm a situation down.

the management was awesome and did everything they could to help me.

it is a fun place to work and even though we had targets, it was not forced upon us every waking moment to sell sell sell.

i got comfortable and did not find it a challenge anymore

i loved the people i worked with and enjoyed talking to all the different types of customers.
Typical working day
Mortgage Adviser (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 April 2018
Precall the followings days appointments.
Complete 2 applications per day.
Key learns were diary and time management.
Management were very much target orientated.
The most challenging part of the role was managing your pipeline.
The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
It's all right.
Customer service associate. Specialist Banking (Former Employee) –  Scotland5 April 2018
It was a job, in a bank. It was all right. I really don't want to have to write 150 characters about my old job. I've blocked most of this out. Please stop.
Pros
Money
Cons
Having to turn up.
Shadow of its former self
Senior Customer Service Advisor, Telephony (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire3 April 2018
Everyone is being made redundant. I left this company many years and majority of people I worked with have now gone. As it was so long ago I don't feel and other comment is useful for perspective employees.
na
Mail Room/ Administration (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh3 April 2018
Responsible for the opening and despatching mail received for the Scottish Corporate Service Centre. Dealing with customer sensitive information, distributing incoming mail and despatching outgoing mail from for the centre. Taking customer instructions relating to their accounts. Dealing with internal and external suppliers.
Working closely with the project team involved with the migration of processes from the centre to other parts of the Bank. Collating data and carrying out staff training to ensure that there was no detrimental impact to the customer.
Relationship Managers Assistant SIPPS (Current Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol3 April 2018
Interesting
Various Banking processes currently SIPPS
Good Management
Always puts customer first
No hardest part
Enjoy working with close colleagues
Pros
Great Benefits
Clique Management and whom you know culture.
Debt Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh2 April 2018
Outdated Technology & systems where the customer isnt regarded as key, contrary to message from above.
Experience and skills counts for nothing as its who and how you know that gets you promoted.
Pros
Cons
Entrire organisatio