Detailed and thorough
Easy, just a chat about experience. They do ask what you know about Rbs and the products
Very professional but took to long from interview to starting work
Personally mine was informal.
Two part interview, face to face with two people (one manager, one note taker) where you will get usual questions for an interview. Second part is a role play on the phone. You are given information of a dummy company and have to give details over the phone to the same manager as the interview as a customer service advisor. This is so they can get an idea of your telephone manner and how quickly you can process information you're given.
The interview is taken place by an agency outside of Bolton. You are then placed on the most suited team for yourself.
- How are the working hours at RBS?10 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at RBS?9 people answered
- Are staff given regular one to one meetings with management to discuss how they are performing?8 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at RBS?8 people answered
- How does someone get hired at RBS? What are the steps along the way?7 people answered
- Does RBS require pre-employment background checks? What kind of background check does RBS do and how…7 people answered
- What is the organisational culture at RBS?7 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at RBS?6 people answered
- Is there any progression?, is training offered to work as a mortgage adviser etc.6 people answered
- What would you suggest RBS management do to prevent others from leaving?5 people answered