Regular one to one on performance
Performance outcomes are regulated more by the standard deviation curve than actual achievements and targets met.
Yes but and feedback you give falls on deaf ears.
Monthly 1 to 1s with your line manager and six monthly in depth 1 to 1s. You are given a score that dictates whether you get no pay rise or a 0.01% pay rise or the £360 pay rise.
You have to be prepared to evidence challenges you have faced, actions taken, successes etc all in line with objectives you are given but you are told you agree to them even if they are not relevant and you don't agree with them. They also use what they call the behaviours. Basically it is a tool used to keep salaries low and prevent pay rises if possible, or to control who gets a raise at the expense of others. The whole thing must cost the bank a fortune in time wasted. Whatever you do you must not say anything negative about what a farce the whole thing is or you will fall foul of the behaviours.
You just have to play the game and dance the dance, but don't expect to benefit from the exercise. It is not a real performance review with achievable or relevant objectives.
Yes however lack of staffing recources has made one to one meetings difficult for management
Yes, generally weekly with mandatory half year assessment
Yes they are and these were very effective in improving performance and also expressing any grievances.
Yes, I think on a monthly basis.
- How are the working hours at RBS?10 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at RBS?9 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at RBS?8 people answered
- How does someone get hired at RBS? What are the steps along the way?7 people answered
- Does RBS require pre-employment background checks? What kind of background check does RBS do and how…7 people answered
- What is the organisational culture at RBS?7 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at RBS?6 people answered
- What is the interview process like at RBS?6 people answered
- Is there any progression?, is training offered to work as a mortgage adviser etc.6 people answered
- What would you suggest RBS management do to prevent others from leaving?5 people answered