QVC Employee Reviews

Found 74 reviews matching the search See all 1,291 reviews
Fun
Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool26 April 2019
the Job was good to work however it could be fairly boring at times and there wasn't much job security as it was a seasonal contract. The training although was amazing.
Unfair Dismissal and lack of support throughout
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Knowsley, Merseyside11 April 2019
Was unwell a few times during my probation due to my disabilty and having frequent viral infections. I wouldn't attend if the sickness extended to bowels. This would inhibit my work and was advised not to come in if in that state. Had my HR meeting as was let go due to being sick. Instead of having the support giving to help with absense all I was asked was "how would I fix it?" Even noted by qvc and contract I should have been giving the support. Many people who work in the call centre had more sicknesses than me and was supported but I was just thrown aside and let go.

The support you receive can be excellent on who your leader is but as I was thrown around 4 times I was only giving floor walkers as support and would have to go find anyone free to ask for help. This would still be going on 6 months into my contract and wasn't giving as constructive feedback to help improve my work. The last two months I was in and out due to family issues which meant I took time off unpaid. I was still supported well but obviously wasn't enough.
Pros
Discounts and free giveaways
Cons
Stupid hours and bad holiday bookings
Very productive and fun workplace
Product Coordinator (Freelance) (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London25 March 2019
Typical day at work was picking and organising the products shown on live television. These products were displayed for sale. I learned to be organised and multitasking skills. Workplace was really enjoyable, a lot of people worked in the company and everyone was very helpful. The hardest part was the different shifts to cover sometimes. The most enjoyable was carrying out the work.
Pros
Workplace and environment
Cons
Rota
Okay workplace for quick job
Sortation Associate (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 January 2019
Its an okay job most the time just sometimes your suppose to be like robots without toilet breaks or a small lunch break, management is shocking as they don't have a clue but expect everything to be done within unlikely high standards when they just sit there while parcels are put onto a rotating belt at a impossible speed
Pros
good people + wage
Cons
bad management, not respected and treated like robots
Non-live Programmer (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London24 December 2018
Pros
+ Great work life balance
+ Flexible hours
+ Great people, great challenges
+ Great CEO
+ Job shadowing ~ opportunities to see and work in other departments for experience
+ Cycle to work scheme
Pros
Private Healthcare, Great Christmas Parties, Greatk work life balance
QA assessor
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Liverpool19 November 2018
I enjoyed my time at QVC, it was a fun job and the management were very good to me.The Pay was fairly good too in my opinion. all the staff were very friendly and there was good camaraderie in the workplace.
Qvc
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 September 2018
Call targets not possible to reach if PT as don't get enough calls to get time down
benefits are OK 20% discount Staff shop promotions and games

Training is 4 weeks but not long enough don't expect to get out of probation in 3 months not possible
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kirkby, Merseyside4 September 2018
just very short hours and with a family not enough hours to provide
the calls was busy dealing with customer orders and up selling daily special values
Pros
canteen and shop
Cons
short hours
Was a great place to work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Knowsley, Merseyside21 August 2018
Worked close on 20 yrs for this company.Worked various jobs in that time.They like to promote staff to team leaders.Which is cheaper than taking on experienced team leader.What happens is they generally place the newbie team leader in the area they worked which i found to be wrong because there mates would be in the know of certain things .got the feeling they knew what was going to happen to someone or why they were off sick.Dont like you being off sick too long even though you have a valid reason and its because you done it in there years ago when health and safety was out of the window.Advice i would give to anyone is make sure you get the right dept or could end up miserable trying years to get out.They use rf guns which team leaders use to check if you are scanning a few times a minute at least and to achieve your count per hour.Personally i liked it years ago seemed a lot more relaxed .Great holiday entitlement 6weeks a yr if you manage to get a full time permanent position.A lot of people are on call contracts , they have been for at least 6 yrs.So all depends really if you like to brown nose ,a grabber of hours you might get a full time job after a few years.My advice would be to avoid the packline,returns dept and jewellrey packline.Take anything to do with inbound because possibly only job that is old school monday to friday.Every other job is horrible shifts right across the weekend.So this review maybe isnt for everyone but this is from a long standing former employee who has seen everything from violence to other scary health and safety risks.(only smartphones  more... were out 20 yrs ago).  less
Pros
holiday entiltlement only if full time
Cons
on call contract for years.terrible working equipment .needs upgrading but wont pay for it.
Awful place
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Knowsley, Merseyside31 July 2018
Always short staff. Booked holidays 6 weeks on advance then told I can't have the time off due to staffing levels. This was common for call centre staff so just leave.
Old computer systems and call times restrict helping customers. All you hear is call times call times call times.
good work place
orderline (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside5 June 2018
very helopful always tried there best to help in ares you where stuck they signed me to the wrong contract and couldnt get oit fixed which was annoying
Pros
fum
Cons
wrong contract
Brand Management (Current Employee) –  Chiswick30 May 2018
Great place to learn new skills
Friendly environment great work environment
Fair Employer
Everyday is busy an different
Great social life
multiplatform
Pros
free tea and coffee
Lovely place to work
Social Media Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 April 2018
Have loved my time at QVC, there’s an amazing atmosphere and energy and you get a lot of opportunities to work with different teams daily.

Other perks include a brilliant staff discount, rewards scheme, a stunning location to work (great lunch options) and two stations are nearby.
Christmas temp
Sales Assistant (temp) (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury6 April 2018
started as a sales assistant just over Christmas while i was at college working closely with customers on a shop floor. At the time I did not have my own transport so getting there and back was restricted to public transport times only.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside3 April 2018
QVC is a company i feel lucky to work for, i work on a team of around 15 people and get on really well with each person. I work hard on each shift, and make sure the requested standards are always met. I will miss working for QVC when i find a new job, but the hours i currently work are not suitable.
Pros
Paid breaks
Do not do it
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool21 February 2018
Terrible place to work, No work life balance and management did not seem to care about anything other than numbers.

Very mundane place to work, treated like a robot and got very short breaks for the long shifts that you worked.
As in description
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool17 January 2018
Enjoyed my time working there. Friendly staff. Very helpful. Work is repetitive, but same for any factory job I suppose. Havent been there for a few years, so don't know what it's like now.
Great workplace
IT Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 January 2018
All good practice is noted and rewarded. The company makes their workers feel appreciated for what they do for the company. QVC hosts a lot of events and they allow everyone to be a part.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 January 2018
Loved working for QVC but left due to it being out the way. Amazing work ethic within the workplace and everyone worked as a team 24/7 no matter what.
Great place to work that brings fun to work too
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Knowsley, Merseyside3 January 2018
Lovely job a fun and relaxed place. Great benefit schemes. More job opportunities available while working there with great pay and available educational courses to higher your education for a job title you want there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not much daytime hours to fit around children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QVC. Our community is ready to answer.