Here to help
Coronavirus update

QVC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom94 reviews
Employees are friendly and make an effort to train and introduce new people to the team. Management set up regular meetings to engage with their immediate team on current projects, as well as any problems or concerns. I felt welcome and free to ask questions when needed.
Management make it clear if they don't like you and will make sure you don't keep your job in any way they can. One manager has been complained about multiple times to HR and then don't seem to care at all. Horrible company, avoid.
First of all I would like to mention that "everyone is welcome here" is what is plastered on the walls, yet if you don't fit into their clic which is young, straight out of College and have two faces like Mr. Dent then you certainly will not, and you will notice that a couple of months into your job.
Additionally they have mental health posters whilst also promoting being able to talk about issues at work regarding this. That is also not the case, if you mention ANYTHING at all regarding mental health you will be monitored with scrutiny AND other employees will be informed even though it is a severe breach of confidentially. Furthermore, the company is stuck in 2001 with it's own software which is not transferable and is equivalent to Teletext you used to check the news on back in the day, and the orderline software is just as bad "Webster" designed by the most incompetent development team I've ever witnessed. Finally the Team leaders and upper management are actual creeps, but then again with the people they're hiring it's not surprising. I'd avoid at all costs even if the work is braindead and gets you a bit of money, there are much better options.
Good timekeeping a must never be late back from a break always hit your target and treat other workers with respect as this is very important to the managers
Pros
Treat well by team leaders plenty of rewards for good work
Cons
Try not to get ill very strict on timekeeping
Fast paced work want you to be on the ball at all times even when it’s extremely busy. 15hr contract is the usual one they give out it’s RARE that you get a full 37hr contract.

Management can be unsupportive as I have experienced
This used to be a fantastic place to work. Five years ago the culture at QVC was to work happy and all the managers bought into this philosophy. I genuinely used to look forward to going into work. It is sad to see how much things have changed.
Now, the increase in pressure, call targets and emphasis on becoming a billion pound company, has left the call centre feeling completely unappreciated.

If you are on the customer service team, prepare for a day of literally constant calls. It was so bad at one point, that the staff were prepared to walk out.

On order entry, things are not so bad but targets are very difficult to achieve. Just one long call and your call times can be over the threshold.

Staffing department have no idea what they are doing and are stubborn to the point of being unapproachable when trying to resolve a problem THEY created.

It is so sad to write this, as team members, team leaders, D.A.s, RTAs and all the support departments are fantastic. Upper management is ruining this company and forcing many fantastic employees to move elsewhere.
I was on a temporary contract in the Shrewsbury store. I was treated unfairly by my manageress from my first day. She constantly belittled me in front of staff and customers. I made my feelings clear to my manageress, deputy manager, supervisor and many members of staff. Nothing actually happened, she just got worse with me. I wouldn't recommend working for QVC to my worst enemy.
Environment is great, with it feeling a real family from home. Pay could be better, as it doesn't match up across the board, and i believe the more you do, the more is asked from you.
A place where your opinion matters, this is an organisation focused on happy team members as much as it is happy customers.
Actively encouraging and supporting continuous education and growth to enable progression from within.

A really authentic culture promoting the feeling we are all in this together, we share successes and lean in together to address opportunities.
I was taken on part time until xmas when I was sacked a month after training due to helping customers more than I should apparently. I was told any help I needed "stretched the needs and budget" of the company. As I was new to call centre work I didn't understand about targets etc so instead of help I was pushed out and told that this job was not for me. Would not recommend to anyone unless you have call centre experience and need a job
Pros
Money is great
Cons
Everything else
Avoid working here. One of the managers is a bully. Couldn't even work out my notice because of his condescending and arrogant attitude. Colleagues are great though...really friendly bunch.
Excellent Company to work with and very people focused, all staff across all departments were very supportive and consistent in there approach to looking after the guest presenters
but when i worked here they was handing out 10 hour weekly contracts which wasn't enough for me i needed more hours which forced me to look else where for
Don’t care about the staff only interested in cutting dept heads and saving more money to become a billion dollar company you may want to try get rid of a few managers who do nothing
As VP of European IT spent 4 days per week travelling across Europe. Really rewarding and challenging role that I really enjoyed.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Very long hours
After working here found training was poor, expectations are high and unless your a long serving memer of staff no one speaks to you. Within your own team its not to bad but with oncall contracts rarely spend time with same people. Theres not alot of offered support and I have never worked anywere were anxiety is so high.
Pros
Cons
Most stuff
It was a good company and gives very good opportunity to train within your job role, lots of benefits within the workplace and lots of help from team leaders if and when you need it.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Sometimes quiet days and no work.
Do not work for them if you have any issues in your personal life. It will be held against you, you will not get any support or adjustments. Also you may get a manager who is career obsessed and willing to trample on someones life just to get on in their career. Worst senior management team, riddled with double standards.
Honestly the worst company to work for. Some lovely people in operational roles who deserve better.

Will always lose the best talent due to how people are treated.
Pros
Nice staff, decent facilities, parking.
Cons
Discrimination, double standards, awful senior leadership team.
Worked here for 7 years, only meant to be a part time job, management is ok, holiday hours not so good depending on what hours you work, great for building up confindence with customers but not much opportunity to progress in your career.
Pros
Cons
hours
This workplace is ideal for those looking to have their first job in retail, the management are friendly but there is not much space for promotion within the workplace.
the Job was good to work however it could be fairly boring at times and there wasn't much job security as it was a seasonal contract. The training although was amazing.