Quilter Employee Review

Great place to work in
Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire29 June 2018
I am a Customer Service Adviser for almost a year now and I must say I have been enjoying myself here at Old Mutual Wealth.
The people I work with are very friendly, the managers and assistant team managers are so easygoing and supportive- definitely something I was looking for when I started my job considering I come from a hospitality background where employees are so easily overlooked.

Although the Customer Contact Centre can be stressful at times, busy and chaotic, you don't get the time to get bored with this job. There's always another challenge every day, another chance to increase your expertise and become better at what you do. Queries differ every day and that makes the job interesting. I was always under the impression that being a operator in a call centre must be quite the bring job. Well, I completely changed my mind as soon as I started working for this award winning company. This position is also the best one to start with and then work your way up to managerial or other positions within other departments.

The training was the most enjoyable part of this job unlike other companies. The coaches were so inspiring and so helpful, they were so passionate about the company and what they were teaching about that made us all feel the same way. Although we had to store a great amount of information in 2 months, they found a way to deliver a fun and enjoyable training session -daily games & sweets included.

Another plus is the remuneration and the benefits available. Hard work is greatly awarded within this Company.

I could say this job is probably not for
  more... everyone; you need to be a tick-skinned person and not let a few bad customer words get to you; Some people are way too sensitive and would find it a bit overwhelming; Customer dissatisfaction exists everywhere and in a such a busy work environment, you need to be a strong individual that knows how to figure out solutions on the spot or know who to hand it off to immediately.
The office has a strict monitoring policy so you need to be very well-organized and a fast-learner before you can cope with this system. It is understandable though, if you want to be a trusted brand you must monitor closely the operators' daily efficiency.

All in all, I recommend everyone both with career aspirations or simply any job seekers to give a chance working for OMW; it is a great experience that can lead to great professional development and achievements.
Pros
Cheap food in the canteen, Salary increments based on hard work and knowledge, Encouragement and support offered by managers which boosts workforce motivation, Weekends and Bank Holidays OFF!!!!
Cons
Lunch could be free, Benefits are multiple but quite insignificant discounts to places, Latest shift 11am-7pm

Other Quilter Employee Reviews

Fixed term, fast turn over of staff
Customers service administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton18 November 2019
This is a bad employer who give short fixed term contracts so they can fire you at any time, and they will fire you if there is not enough work and they’re over staffed, which is always the case. If you are young you may be okay, if you’re over 35, don’t bother, that don’t want old people and they will conspire to get you out. Don’t quit your job to work here.
Pros
Money okay
Cons
Poor management, blame culture, low grade training, fake people.
good place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire10 November 2019
stressful low pay big rotation of people old system very stressful lots of calls not enough trainilow pay for such a responsible position low work culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quilter. Our community is ready to answer.