Quilter Employee Review

Great Management, Great People and Rewards!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire2 July 2018
I've been at Old Mutual Wealth for just over 3 years as part of the Customer Service Centre. I started as a Customer Service Adviser taking inbound calls and if you really enjoy talking to people, it's the perfect role. Depending on what you are trained on, you generally take anything between 20-40 calls a day but the focus is very much on the customer service. I hadn't worked in a telephone based customer service role before and I've heard in other companies and contact centres, they really push you to get calls in and out as soon as possible which isn't the case in OMW.

The training was very thorough and covered a lot of bases which I haven't had in a previous company and it was good because I haven't worked in this kind of role before. The trainers were extremely supportive and most importantly, so was my manager. We worked closely on a personal development plan and I was promoted within the first 12 months to an Assistant Manager. It showed me the company really supported my development and in return I'm very grateful!

The culture here is so friendly, you feel immediately part of the family and as part of the Contact Centre you are talking to lots of different people on the floor. They also have a lot of social events and generally pay day Friday is a head out and enjoy yourself together evening so that's good fun as well.

I would say the hardest part of the job is that there is a lot to learn but like anything, when you take the time to understand the information and product knowledge, you become more and more confident as time goes on. You get monthly coaching
  more... with your manager or assistant manager and the training team/people around you also will help out if you need to go over anything specific.

The best thing I would say is that the salary starts at £18,000 and then you get £500 per product that you are accredited on so the more you know, the more you get paid. It goes up to £20,500 but there's also the yearly bonus scheme and there's a list of benefits that come with it as well as the 8% non contribution pension.

Overall, a really great place to work. I've really enjoyed my time here so far and would definitely recommend to a friend!
Pros
Subsidised canteen, lots of social events, bonus scheme, uplift salary
Cons
Latest shift is 11-7 one week out of 6

Other Quilter Employee Reviews

good place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire10 November 2019
stressful low pay big rotation of people old system very stressful lots of calls not enough trainilow pay for such a responsible position low work culture
Good place to gain experience in Finance.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire29 October 2019
Overall great place to work with good benefits! Good place to gain experience in Finance. There are opportunities to progress and move within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quilter. Our community is ready to answer.