Quilter Pay & Benefits reviews

No organisation, bad management, playground culture
Investment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton10 April 2019
I had high hopes for Quilter (formerly Old Mutual Wealth) as I know several mid to senior-level people there who spoke highly of it. I was very overqualified for the role I applied for and disappointed with the salary offer (£17,000 with a potential 10% bonus) but thought the training and progress would make it worthwhile. I was very wrong.

I was placed into a different role than that which I applied for due to the separation of the parts of OMW (a process called Project Oval) being cancelled. Not only that but the state of chaos was immediately obvious. My manager didn't introduce me to the team and booked and cancelled my training several times. It later became clear that most of the managers there were promoted due to who their friends were rather than ability.

The work was mind-numbingly boring and many of my team were openly frustrated and sad at the state of the place. People who had been in the job a couple of years were paid approx £5k more than me. I don't know if Quilter expects to keep new employees but paying them terribly can't help. Maybe they have enough disposable hires from the two local universities.

One team member told me they prefer to churn through lots of fixed term young hires and used to have surprise annual culls of staff where they took them all into a hall for a 'chat' and then told them they were no longer needed.

I complained about my lack of training but the manager not respond in any constructive way. There was an entrenched clique in my team around the manager and I was clearly never going to be part of it.
Pros
Cons
Total chaos. Poor pay and progression.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southampton31 January 2019
Good place to work with great people. You are never made out to feel like just a number you treated on an individual basis. Recruitment process was swift and too training was delivered.
Pros
Benefits, training.
Cons
Monitored by the second.
Great work/life balance
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire5 October 2018
I enjoyed working at Old Mutual Wealth.It offered a great work life balance the company offers a lot of opportunities, great benefits. I worked in a lovely team.
Workplace culture
Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Douglas, Isle of Man24 September 2018
nice place to work, diversity and inclusion policy,
good salary, bonuses, the people I work with are really nice and we all get along with each other.
Pros
Free shuttle to town and back during lunches
Cons
no career progress
Great Management, Great People and Rewards!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire2 July 2018
I've been at Old Mutual Wealth for just over 3 years as part of the Customer Service Centre. I started as a Customer Service Adviser taking inbound calls and if you really enjoy talking to people, it's the perfect role. Depending on what you are trained on, you generally take anything between 20-40 calls a day but the focus is very much on the customer service. I hadn't worked in a telephone based customer service role before and I've heard in other companies and contact centres, they really push you to get calls in and out as soon as possible which isn't the case in OMW.

The training was very thorough and covered a lot of bases which I haven't had in a previous company and it was good because I haven't worked in this kind of role before. The trainers were extremely supportive and most importantly, so was my manager. We worked closely on a personal development plan and I was promoted within the first 12 months to an Assistant Manager. It showed me the company really supported my development and in return I'm very grateful!

The culture here is so friendly, you feel immediately part of the family and as part of the Contact Centre you are talking to lots of different people on the floor. They also have a lot of social events and generally pay day Friday is a head out and enjoy yourself together evening so that's good fun as well.

I would say the hardest part of the job is that there is a lot to learn but like anything, when you take the time to understand the information and product knowledge, you become more and more confident as time goes on. You get monthly coaching
  more... with your manager or assistant manager and the training team/people around you also will help out if you need to go over anything specific.

The best thing I would say is that the salary starts at £18,000 and then you get £500 per product that you are accredited on so the more you know, the more you get paid. It goes up to £20,500 but there's also the yearly bonus scheme and there's a list of benefits that come with it as well as the 8% non contribution pension.

Overall, a really great place to work. I've really enjoyed my time here so far and would definitely recommend to a friend!
Pros
Subsidised canteen, lots of social events, bonus scheme, uplift salary
Cons
Latest shift is 11-7 one week out of 6
Great place to work!
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire2 July 2018
I started working for OMW in the Customer Service Centre after working as a pub manager for a large national pub company.
The first thing I immediately noticed about my new role is how much they look after their people. I have worked for lots of companies that use the line "Our people matter to our business" and OMW is the only one where this is actually true.
From a fantastic benefits package to managers and colleagues that actually care about your well being, Old Mutual Wealth really are a cut above the rest.
There is also a massive emphasis put on personal development. I started as a Customer Service Adviser on the phones and within a year I had progressed to Assistant Team Manager and I am now a Team Manager. I have had to work hard to get here, but for anyone willing to put the effort in, and wanting a great career in the Financial Services Industry this is definitely the place for you.
Pros
Great Cutlure; Excellent Benefits;
Cons
Hard work
Great place to work in
Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire29 June 2018
I am a Customer Service Adviser for almost a year now and I must say I have been enjoying myself here at Old Mutual Wealth.
The people I work with are very friendly, the managers and assistant team managers are so easygoing and supportive- definitely something I was looking for when I started my job considering I come from a hospitality background where employees are so easily overlooked.

Although the Customer Contact Centre can be stressful at times, busy and chaotic, you don't get the time to get bored with this job. There's always another challenge every day, another chance to increase your expertise and become better at what you do. Queries differ every day and that makes the job interesting. I was always under the impression that being a operator in a call centre must be quite the bring job. Well, I completely changed my mind as soon as I started working for this award winning company. This position is also the best one to start with and then work your way up to managerial or other positions within other departments.

The training was the most enjoyable part of this job unlike other companies. The coaches were so inspiring and so helpful, they were so passionate about the company and what they were teaching about that made us all feel the same way. Although we had to store a great amount of information in 2 months, they found a way to deliver a fun and enjoyable training session -daily games & sweets included.

Another plus is the remuneration and the benefits available. Hard work is greatly awarded within this Company.

I could say this job is probably not for
  more... everyone; you need to be a tick-skinned person and not let a few bad customer words get to you; Some people are way too sensitive and would find it a bit overwhelming; Customer dissatisfaction exists everywhere and in a such a busy work environment, you need to be a strong individual that knows how to figure out solutions on the spot or know who to hand it off to immediately.
The office has a strict monitoring policy so you need to be very well-organized and a fast-learner before you can cope with this system. It is understandable though, if you want to be a trusted brand you must monitor closely the operators' daily efficiency.

All in all, I recommend everyone both with career aspirations or simply any job seekers to give a chance working for OMW; it is a great experience that can lead to great professional development and achievements.
Pros
Cheap food in the canteen, Salary increments based on hard work and knowledge, Encouragement and support offered by managers which boosts workforce motivation, Weekends and Bank Holidays OFF!!!!
Cons
Lunch could be free, Benefits are multiple but quite insignificant discounts to places, Latest shift 11am-7pm
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire29 June 2018
This company is a breath of fresh air compared to my previous places of employment. The training (in specific products as well as transferable soft skills) is second to none, as is the level of support. You are not forced to move on until you are ready and happy to do so, and the training team, your manager and assistant manager are behind you every step of the way. Your salary scales with the amount of training you wish to do as well.

The staff culture and community is excellent, everyone is very welcoming from the start and talks between departments are like those between old friends.

The facilities are tip top, and the benefits available are really great, from healthcare to gym memberships and more, with so many discounts in places around the city just for being employed here. They're also very generous with rewards, e.g. cupcakes and sweets, lunch vouchers and other treats.

Days on the phones can be very busy, and the shifts can be early starting or late finishing (on a weekly rota), but you get to help out a variety of people throughout the day and you feel like you're really making a difference in people's lives.
Pros
Subsidised lunches, great benefits (some tax free), excellent training and support
Cons
Shift rota can lead to early/late starts
Customer Services & Resource Optimisation Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton27 February 2018
Worked here for nearly 20 years which in itself shows how I value the company. I would recommend OMW to anyone. They really look after their staff. Good perks.
Pros
Bonus Scheme
Cons
Salary
Great company to work for but difficult to move up the ranks
Acting Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire28 May 2017
Benefits are fantastic, people are lovely and the work environment is mostly great.
I've worked for Old Mutual for over 9 years and I have only recently been given the opportunity to progress (last 2 years) unfortunately, due to restructuring etc. I am now at the top end of where I can go in my department.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, annual parties and good people
Cons
Tax year end can be a pain (i.e. long hours) but the party afterwards is usually pretty good.
prospects ltd.
Pensions Processor (Former Employee) –  Southampton14 February 2016
By and large, an excellent progressive and forward thinking company; one that I felt proud to be a part of. Limited opportunities and uncompetitive salary fundamental in my decision to leave.
Pros
Facilities, Canteen, Social.
Cons
Management, Training
Good training opportunities
Specialist - Technical Marketing (Former Employee) –  Southampton, ENG17 September 2015
Challenging work environment with good training opportunities.
Great colleagues.
Great benefits package
Global business
Lots of bureaucracy and politics.
Varied attitude to flex working depending on manager and role