Quilter Management reviews

Fixed term, fast turn over of staff
Customers service administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton18 November 2019
This is a bad employer who give short fixed term contracts so they can fire you at any time, and they will fire you if there is not enough work and they’re over staffed, which is always the case. If you are young you may be okay, if you’re over 35, don’t bother, that don’t want old people and they will conspire to get you out. Don’t quit your job to work here.
Pros
Money okay
Cons
Poor management, blame culture, low grade training, fake people.
No organisation, no management, no respect.
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire18 November 2018
Too many backstabbing management layers, everybody is just looking out for themselves and nobody ever wants to accept responsibility when things go wrong.

Horrible clique based office culture, outdated systems, repetitive work that would never be complete, therefore there was a constant feeling of just grinding out the work until 4pm only for the stack of work to double the next morning.

Horrific organisational ability. They managed to lose my application, lie to me about the dates of my training weeks (twice incredibly), dump me into a random team for 2 weeks with no computer and no work to do, only to send me on a training week and then move me to another team after that. Not to mention before moving to the second team they tried to put me in a team dealing with life insurance claims from grieving relatives 2 weeks after I lost my Grandpa, something that they DID know about.

They feign concern for mental health by bringing in a speaker to have a seminar one day but will flat out tell you "that's unfortunate" when you tell them that their poor management and decision making has been affecting your mental health and give you the very sensitive options of either sticking out or leaving.

Overall I'm just amazed they managed to make themselves look that bad in just 5 months.
Pros
N/a
Professional and enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire23 September 2018
A strong customer focused culture within the workplace. Can be challenging, but there is a very supportive management team withing the company who are very focused on development and staff well being.
Pros
Career and personal development, good management team, clear work focus
Cons
Temporary contracts, lack of staff parking
Great place to work love my job
Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Old Mutual House, Southampton3 July 2018
Ive worked for OMW for 3 and a half years in 2 role. My current role I have been in since October 2017 and i tend to work 8-4 but find the management very flexible if needs be. I don't find that anything takes over my home life and I can leave my job at the door. Working for OMW means actually enjoying coming to work and that's great for staff moral. I work on a small team and we get on very well and the culture is great. Ive learnt a lot working for OMW and also learnt even more from my colleagues. I feel that job security and satisfaction is important and I get both of these from my day to day role. I have recommended friends to work here before and would do again
Great company, management and work/life balance
Administrator - joined the Army (Former Employee) –  Southampton25 March 2018
Management in my department was really good
The work/life balance was great as was the hours so these were great incentives
Company was always trying to push you to progress and would never stifle anyone looking to move upwards either within the company or elsewhere if it was to help their career
Nice friendly environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire15 February 2018
I really enjoyed working at OMW the management was very fair and a wonderful team to work with. I spent 15 very happy years with Old Mutual passing an NVQ and being encouraged to develop. I did not want to leave and thought I would be there until I retired unfortunately I was made redundant in June last year
Pros
bonuses every year
Glad to have left...
Technician (Former Employee) –  Southampton7 February 2018
I fell into Old Mutual Wealth having no experience in finance at all. Over my 4 Years I learnt a lot, mostly through my own doing. I worked slightly up the ranks after 3 1/2 years of fighting. They say they can put you through qualifications, however actually getting on one was an impossible task, even though apparently it was “essential” for my new job role. I often found newer, much less experienced people getting put onto exams before me. Processing isn’t great (repetitive, and no matter how much work you do, it’s never noticed or good enough), however I loved my new role. A chance to use my brain and resolve issues. Well, it was great, apart from my manager. You’re never allowed to just get on with your job and in my case, was expected to do way over my job role, for no recognition. Office politics is rife, and office queen bee syndrome was very apparent in my particular team. Threats were constantly made, and a dark atmosphere was constant. What I can only describe as insecure, boarderline psychotic behaviour was unfortunately the norm. Inability to communicate with people on a human level and manipulation was ever present. Overtime is seen as mandatory and you’re made to feel guilty for having evening plans. I could go on about how working in that place made me an anxious mess, and the constant sinking feeling I had towards the end, but it’s only saving grace was a select few team members. They made that job bareable, and for that I will always be deeply grateful. I can tell you now, I’ve made friends for life.
Pros
Team members get you through the day
Cons
Certain managers are awful
Enjoyable fun workplace with some great people
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton9 January 2018
I enjoyed my time here. The training was brilliant and they do make your first 6 months to a year easy for you to get into. Unfortunately once been there for a while, they then make it very difficult for progression due to "business needs" which seem to be mostly all the time so you end up stuck in the same department for years and your work load increases. Targets have now been introduced for managing workload as well. Also management needs some more basic training on people skills and understanding of mental health as I was just shuned to one side hence the reason I left.
Pros
Great benefit package and yearly bonuses (average about £1000)
Cons
Management, no progression, targets, No parking, high work volume, difficult to interact with all other departments
No Day is the same
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire22 May 2017
The work itself is interesting and keeps you busy. People in the office are a bit hit and miss. There are some great people that really care about doing the job well, however on the other side there are others that don't care and will do very little to help on a busy day. Unfortunately this would be were management would come in to straighten them up and ensure the work is being spread out fairly, however the management seem to look after these people and hide their mistakes rather than deal with them.
currently there are changes happening in the company however no one seems to know whether you will still have a job at the end of them.
Canteen is meant to have discounted prices, however this is not the case and you get attitude from the staff that serve you.
Pros
Team work will those that have the same standards are you
Cons
Management and pressue to do more than your share of work
Awful place to work
Secretary to Head of Birmingham Branch (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 April 2017
Like working in the 1980s again. Most investment managers male with all female secretarial/admin support. Management and investment managers very aggressive and bullying culture. That's why I only stayed 5 months.
Pros
Cons
As above
Nice people, disappointing executives and management layers
Permanent Employee (Former Employee) –  Southampton18 February 2017
Pay is very good, as you would expect from a financial services organisation. The executive layer is stale, and not able to progress, leading to an antiquated business with inefficient practices. Not for the innovative people of the world.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Senior management and execs are holding the company back
prospects ltd.
Pensions Processor (Former Employee) –  Southampton14 February 2016
By and large, an excellent progressive and forward thinking company; one that I felt proud to be a part of. Limited opportunities and uncompetitive salary fundamental in my decision to leave.
Pros
Facilities, Canteen, Social.
Cons
Management, Training
Productive and a Fun Workplace
Policy Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, ENG17 November 2015
I dealt with all the Post which arrived, sorted it out and then ready for Scanning.
I learned how to do Scanning as this is now the way forward.
I always had a Good relationship with the Management and Co-Workers.
There was never a hardest part of the Job as I just dealt with it.
I enjoyed everyday of the Job
Pros
Good Co-Workers
Cons
Long Hours
Enjoyable and challenging
Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  Southampton24 August 2015
Enjoyable and challenging. Hard work but rewarding - especially during this period of exceptional company performance and growth. Lots to learn but good support from senior management.
A huge disappointment and waste of 2 years
Customer Interaction Associate/Project Oval (Former Employee) –  Southampton21 July 2015
A company that has some fantastic people working for them, unfortunately certain members of the management team, at both junior and senior levels, are liars and back stabbers.

The systems are antiquated at best and the demands they put on their staff are unrealistic and unreasonable.

During training you are told that with each additional line you are trained on your money will go up. In reality they find any excuse not to do this.

Promises are routinely made before being broken in an effort to keep good people in positions difficult to fill for the organisation.

I would not recommend this employer to anyone regardless of if I like them or not.
Pros
I left
Cons
They wasted 2 years of my life