Quilter

Quilter Employee Reviews

United Kingdom75 reviews
Unfortunately the part of the company I worked for, Old Mutual Wealth Protection no longer exists as it was sold off to ReAssure who didn't require our services.
Quilter will remain an investment and platform based company and I'm sure they'll continue to offer good prospects for the future.
I worked there on a temp basis for 2 weeks before I had a job offer for a job I really loved and took.

Old-fashioned culture, internet access restricted, head of team a monster apparently (I never met him). They wanted to keep me and promote me, but I felt like I was in an antiquated typing pool. Staff friendly.
Pros
Hours good 9-5. Nice offices near Covent Garden
Cons
Boring and old-fashioned.
8 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Quilter is made up of several different companies offering different products and services, we’re working to align our culture and employee experience across these but they can feel quite different. Our people are our priority and we’d be keen to discuss your experience directly with you. If you’re happy to do so please contact us at recruitment@quilter.com.
When i first started working at Old Mutual Wealth i wasn't trained on anything for 3 months so i found this frustrating, after settling in i was moved onto a different worktype which consisted of dealing with financial advisers and solicitors regarding the money out side of their clients pensions. unfortunately due to poor management i didn't feel comfortable enough to progress within the company however the most enjoyable part of the job was delivering excellent customer service and working well with my co workers.
Pros
overtime bonuses
Cons
parking was only for management
19 June 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our induction and training plans look different in different business areas, but all are designed to equip new starters with both the skills they need to do their jobs and the softer skills to succeed with Quilter. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed delivering excellent customer service and collaborating with your co-workers, our people and our customers are our priority.
The culture at Quilter is poor, they talk the talk but peel back the covers and it's not a pleasant place to work. Bullying occurs in certain functions and the Senior Leadership & HR allows it to occur without any action.

The business is hierarchal, so decisions can take time to be made - there are leaders in roles that don't specialise in the area they look after so focus is lost and then a blame culture starts when deliverables are not met.

The business could be a great place to work if they sorted out the Leadership & Culture.
2 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for bringing your concerns to our attention. We’d like to assure you that we take allegations of bullying seriously and have policies in place to ensure our staff are treated fairly. We encourage our people to have open and honest conversations with their line managers or a member of the HR team if they have any concerns or are looking for guidance.
We use Peakon surveys as a weekly tool to allow us to understand how our people are feeling and to collect feedback which is then discussed at a senior level and acted upon. This is all done anonymously, giving employees the opportunity to share their thoughts and open a dialogue with our leadership teams without disclosing their identity. We’re keen to continually improve the experience of working at Quilter, this is of particular importance as we work through several Quilter-wide change projects. If you’d like to contact us directly to discuss this further please do so by emailing us at recruitment@quilter.com.
I was at Quilter for 11 years and would recommend to anyone. The culture is good as is the pay and benefits. the environment is a pleasant one and colleagues are welcoming.
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with Quilter.

The Quilter Recruitment Team
Having worked in the public sector for the majority of my career I was expecting the private sector to be more profit driven however although Quilter talks that language it is not how they act. Budhet holders are not held to account and sloping shoulders abound - worse than anything I have seen in the public sector in recent years.
23 April 2020
We thank you for your feedback and would encourage you to contact us directly at recruitment@quilter.com. As you’ll know, Quilter is in the midst of a group wide transformation, naturally this is a challenging time for us but one that will see us manage our business and operating margins more efficiently. Your feedback is really valuable, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve for our employees, customers and shareholders.

The Quilter Recruitment Team
My role was mostly strategic management and planning of marketing campaigns. Hard working culture. Hardest part of the job was managing the unexpected and getting stakeholders to agree on processes.
High quality company with major ambitions. Rewarding place to work. Financial Planners have a very comprehensive and market leading remuneration package
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re pleased to hear you’re enjoying working for Quilter and can see the value we add both for our employees and customers.

The Quilter Recruitment Team
Employer is very flexible for working parents, the employer pays a good wage and good bonus for hard working employees. There is also opportunities to work towards a higher roles, complete secondments , or apply for roles within another department.
22 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback, great to hear that our approach to flexible working, pay and development is working for you! We’re always keen to support internal mobility, whether this is facilitated by secondments to gain experience or learning and development activities to help you learn new skills. Pleased to hear you’re enjoying working for Quilter.

The Quilter Recruitment Team
Processing cases, phoning to Advisers/Medical companies/GP surgeries, answering to FA queries via contact center. Emailing FA's.

Complete relevant checks, work within SLA's, use user guides/templates.

Have meetings with team/management. Have team lunches and going out.

+ complex work, time flies quickly, no time to be bored.

- lots of unexpected changes, very often. Fixed term contracts and not secured workplace - may be loaned out/reallocated to other team/company. Low salaries.
What made the job at Quilter so good was the friendly supportive people I was fortunate to work with as well as the great on the job training they provide when you start.
22 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re really pleased to hear you enjoyed working for Quilter.

The Quilter Recruitment Team
Quilter is experiencing some financial issues at the moment and it has impacted the business to make redundancies and take away contractors. Hopefully the company performance will improve and they are planning to move offices to be based in one single London office.
Pros
nice HR team in Southampton
Cons
very different cultures across their London businesses and locations
It is a great job that allows you your weekends of along with a regular stable income. The staff are lovely. it is also great for learning. it can be demanding and in the call centre you can't have much freedom.
22 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback, great to hear you’re enjoying working for Quilter.

The Quilter Recruitment Team
Mature and inefficient environment. Status driven and formal. Employees looked stressed and unhappy. All this was recognised and management team making huge efforts to change, motivate,encourage and innovate.
22 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our leadership teams are focused on the wellbeing and development of our employees, we’ve implemented weekly Peakon surveys that allow our people to anonymously give their feedback and suggestions. We’re keen to continuously improve our environment for employees and would be keen to discuss this further. Please contact us directly at recruitment@quilter.com

The Quilter Recruitment Team
This is a bad employer who give short fixed term contracts so they can fire you at any time, and they will fire you if there is not enough work and they’re over staffed, which is always the case. If you are young you may be okay, if you’re over 35, don’t bother, that don’t want old people and they will conspire to get you out. Don’t quit your job to work here.
Pros
Money okay
Cons
Poor management, blame culture, low grade training, fake people.
22 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a negative experience with Quilter. We hire on fixed term contracts to allow us to provide a great service to our customers through the peaks and troughs of the financial year and to support our project workload. We support our employees in the best way we can, our training is comprehensive and is designed to equip new starters with the knowledge they need as well as an understanding of our values. We’re an inclusive employer, we value diversity and understand the strength of a diverse workforce. We’re keen to understand how we can improve, if you’re happy to discuss this in more detail please contact recruitment@quilter.com.

The Quilter Recruitment Team
stressful low pay big rotation of people old system very stressful lots of calls not enough trainilow pay for such a responsible position low work culture
22 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our training programme is designed to equip new starters with both the technical skills and the softer skills to be successful in their roles. We’ve also implemented weekly Peakon surveys to give employees the opportunity to give their feedback, opinions and suggestions anonymously, we’re keen to continue to improve our working environment at Quilter and would be keen to discuss this further, please contact recruitment@quilter.com.

The Quilter Recruitment Team
Overall great place to work with good benefits! Good place to gain experience in Finance. There are opportunities to progress and move within the company.
Very helpful and very good training. Always supporting and always willing to help. Always offering training courses and training sessions to improve learning and knowledge.
Continuing on its journey from a plc subsidiary to an independent FTSE 250 company. Challenging environment due to large scale change programme, but rewarding outcomes and daily progress towards the delivery of the strategic plan.
Work to strict deadlines but in a productive and motivated team. Meet new people and get great support with tasks. Regular dress down days and a well organized department.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
unorganised
Good employment. I'm in a wheelchair but this was noted. I left the company on good terms. Close to.centre of town and an excellent restaurant. Hope to get later job