Queen Elizabeth Hospital Employee Reviews

it was a fun place to work for
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  cafe in hospital17 April 2018
went in help tidy store room emity bins helped full shelves and tidy
condents area

l earnd how to make coffes using the matching and makeing tosties
Pros
free food and tea and coffee
Work Experience Student (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 March 2018
I enjoyed working in a hospital, especially the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham. I was able to communicate with many people with may different backgrounds. The ward staff was faultless, the care provided by the hard workers themselves was phenomenal. However, the receptionists could perhaps benefit from extra training. I was made to feel apart of a team and was happy with my overall experiences.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great team
Cons
Rude staff
productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk14 February 2018
its busy, keeps you on your feet, there is a lot of information to heel in and you need to do training first. all the staff you work with are nice and friendly and will help you if needed
Good learning experience
STUDENT PHARMACIST (Former Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London27 January 2018
Only work at the hospital for couple of weeks but the time spent at the hospital made me want to go back to working in hospital pharmacy. Had a good time working with the staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 December 2017
II was introduced to work in various departments of Histopathology Research Lab and Immunology Department; Clinical Outpatients and Outpatient wards; Cytology; Endoscopy.
I understand the NHS structure within Hospitals and the importance of working as a team and what knock-on effects it has to patients.
I Observed and monitored client behaviour and responses to treatment. I attended educational seminars and lectures at a Multi-Disciplinary Team Meeting in Queen Elizabeth Hospital which allowed me to understand the awareness of mental health symptoms and issues in patients. The outcome of the work experience allowed me to broaden my knowledge within healthcare.
good working environment
housekeeping assistant (Current Employee) –  qehb6 December 2017
good working environment and fair wages. As a domestic i will clean an assigned ward or office space to reduce the risk of infection and to keep patients happy.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
parking is really bad and staff have to pay
Work review
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London15 November 2017
A typical day involves caring for a bay of beds, with an unhealthy mix of calm, lucid patients and mentally unstable ones. There is a good effort to keep its employees up to date on training, but it is inadequately accomplished due to scheduling troubles. Management has a rather minimal, acquaintance-like manner that makes it difficult to approach them for concerns.

Though the work is hard, the team members involved are proactive in promoting sufficient rest to minimise on-the-job stress. Patients will express many demands that force you to improve your decision making and prioritisation skills. In the end, you'll find it easy to smile when your patients express their thanks to you for your hard work.
Supported and Upskilled
Auxiliary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 November 2017
QEH was a great place to work to learn new skills and interact with an array of people with varying needs. The role provided lots of opportunity for new skills and particular expertise including phlebotomy and cardiology.
Friendly and Hard work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 November 2017
I enjoy doing my placements at the QE at it have given my experiences I would have never dreamed of. I have learnt so much and have developed so many new skills as well as built on old skills.
Pros
Learning on the Job
Cons
Long Hours
Neuro unit
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 November 2017
First job post graduation, was given a chance to learn a lot, the mentorship program was excellent
Was able to be an individual and develop my own styles
Received tremendous support
Great Work Place
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greenwich30 October 2017
Queen Elizabeth Hospital in South East London was a great place to work. The staff were friendly and it was easy to work well in the team. Progressing is possible however difficult.
Receptionist
cardiologist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 October 2017
I work in this hospital as a receptionist. Queen hospital is quite busy. They pay very well and everything there is absolutely stunning. They have a very good meals. The CEO of hospital is very nice and polite and good language person.
Cons
12 hours
Avarage.
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Woolwich2 October 2017
Good work-life balance. Generally Salary not amazing due to small increments yearly. NHS discount is available at some stores and some online retailers.
Amazing
Assisting Doctors/nurses (Former Employee) –  Birmingham26 September 2017
When i worked at the Queen Elizabeth for work experience it was the first time they were taking on students and how they managed to put everything together was great. I met so many new people who i still talk to today and i learnt so much, for example, i now know how to apply a bandage correctly and do CPR after all these years.
Nursing
Newly Qualified Nurse (Current Employee) –  Birmingham14 August 2017
The QE has a multitude of opportunities and the chance to be involved in lots of different areas of nursing. They provide a lot of training and support which allows you to be able to expand your knowledge and skills. I would recommend working here
High pressure but rewarding
Clinical Coder (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk21 July 2017
Working to a set deadline, high standard and a required number of records completed, work was constant, pressured but never dull.
An excellent team ethic, a steady and reliable manager with excellent knowledge, you were constantly supported to achieve your best.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
High pressure
Nice
Learning Support Assistant (LSA) (Former Employee) –  London14 July 2017
Worked with other staff to promote safe environment/health for clients with special needs, helping them with their day to day needs n helping to be independent as possible
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
8hours
Fun and productive
WARD ASSISTANT (Voluntary) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 July 2017
Not fair on people. They do not progress people for personal reasons. They are good with helping you out in terms of transport and meals.

volunteer
Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Woolwich) Volunteering (Former Employee) –  London23 June 2017
I worked as a ward volunteer in a hospital to add on too my experience. I was particularly working with fragile adults and the staff there was very patient with everyone and they supported me along the way
relentlessly busy and unfriendly environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Main Pharmacy15 June 2017
A very few members of staff are friendly and approachable and the majority are cold and distant with a Bullying Culture who takes constructive criticism very personally. There is a lot of waste because nobody has/takes the time to correct wasting ways and any suggestions are frowned upon. Any form of learning is very difficult.
Pros
time passes quickly
Cons
no communication