Queen Elizabeth Hospital Employee Reviews

good working environment
housekeeping assistant (Current Employee) –  qehb6 December 2017
good working environment and fair wages. As a domestic i will clean an assigned ward or office space to reduce the risk of infection and to keep patients happy.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
parking is really bad and staff have to pay
Work review
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London15 November 2017
A typical day involves caring for a bay of beds, with an unhealthy mix of calm, lucid patients and mentally unstable ones. There is a good effort to keep its employees up to date on training, but it is inadequately accomplished due to scheduling troubles. Management has a rather minimal, acquaintance-like manner that makes it difficult to approach them for concerns.

Though the work is hard, the team members involved are proactive in promoting sufficient rest to minimise on-the-job stress. Patients will express many demands that force you to improve your decision making and prioritisation skills. In the end, you'll find it easy to smile when your patients express their thanks to you for your hard work.
Supported and Upskilled
Auxiliary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 November 2017
QEH was a great place to work to learn new skills and interact with an array of people with varying needs. The role provided lots of opportunity for new skills and particular expertise including phlebotomy and cardiology.
Friendly and Hard work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 November 2017
I enjoy doing my placements at the QE at it have given my experiences I would have never dreamed of. I have learnt so much and have developed so many new skills as well as built on old skills.
Pros
Learning on the Job
Cons
Long Hours
Neuro unit
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 November 2017
First job post graduation, was given a chance to learn a lot, the mentorship program was excellent
Was able to be an individual and develop my own styles
Received tremendous support
Great Work Place
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greenwich30 October 2017
Queen Elizabeth Hospital in South East London was a great place to work. The staff were friendly and it was easy to work well in the team. Progressing is possible however difficult.
Receptionist
cardiologist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 October 2017
I work in this hospital as a receptionist. Queen hospital is quite busy. They pay very well and everything there is absolutely stunning. They have a very good meals. The CEO of hospital is very nice and polite and good language person.
Cons
12 hours
Avarage.
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Woolwich2 October 2017
Good work-life balance. Generally Salary not amazing due to small increments yearly. NHS discount is available at some stores and some online retailers.
Amazing
Assisting Doctors/nurses (Former Employee) –  Birmingham26 September 2017
When i worked at the Queen Elizabeth for work experience it was the first time they were taking on students and how they managed to put everything together was great. I met so many new people who i still talk to today and i learnt so much, for example, i now know how to apply a bandage correctly and do CPR after all these years.
Nursing
Newly Qualified Nurse (Current Employee) –  Birmingham14 August 2017
The QE has a multitude of opportunities and the chance to be involved in lots of different areas of nursing. They provide a lot of training and support which allows you to be able to expand your knowledge and skills. I would recommend working here

Want to know more about Queen Elizabeth Hospital?

Ask a question
High pressure but rewarding
Clinical Coder (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk21 July 2017
Working to a set deadline, high standard and a required number of records completed, work was constant, pressured but never dull.
An excellent team ethic, a steady and reliable manager with excellent knowledge, you were constantly supported to achieve your best.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
High pressure
Nice
Learning Support Assistant (LSA) (Former Employee) –  London14 July 2017
Worked with other staff to promote safe environment/health for clients with special needs, helping them with their day to day needs n helping to be independent as possible
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
8hours
Fun and productive
WARD ASSISTANT (Voluntary) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 July 2017
Not fair on people. They do not progress people for personal reasons. They are good with helping you out in terms of transport and meals.

volunteer
Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Woolwich) Volunteering (Former Employee) –  London23 June 2017
I worked as a ward volunteer in a hospital to add on too my experience. I was particularly working with fragile adults and the staff there was very patient with everyone and they supported me along the way
relentlessly busy and unfriendly environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Main Pharmacy15 June 2017
A very few members of staff are friendly and approachable and the majority are cold and distant with a Bullying Culture who takes constructive criticism very personally. There is a lot of waste because nobody has/takes the time to correct wasting ways and any suggestions are frowned upon. Any form of learning is very difficult.
Pros
time passes quickly
Cons
no communication
Rewarding
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk6 June 2017
the hospital has hours of work from long day 7 am till730pm or short shifts. they will help with times if these are not possible.
I have learnt many new skills such as putting cannulas. it is a very fast pass job and new equipment and legislations coming in a lot of the time.
Good working invironment
Ward Hostess (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 May 2017
Had work for 5 long years but now after graduating looking for some professional work related to my studies.
As i am recently graduated in Msc management i an very much excited to pursue my career managerial field.
Pros
Easy shift
Cons
Not so good management
Hospital
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 May 2017
New hospital with many teething problems.
Difficult place to work as staff from 4 hospitals coming together and with there own ideas. Will take time to gel.
Pros
Good catering facilities
Cons
no staff parking
Hard working and productive workplace
Nursing Auxiliary (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn23 February 2017
I work hard and enjoy my job, I enjoy getting to know the patients and making them feel a little better. I have learned many new skills and I love what I do.
Pros
I feel like im doing something good
Cons
Really hard sometimes
A older hospital operating alongside the new one
Blood Products Handler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham B1511 February 2017
This hospital is very old and the state of building in certain areas shows this. Although it was good place to work at beginning one must ask staff who were there much earlier before 2008. The changes altered the sense of working here as the BIG MOVE happened in 2010.

Working in smaller teams seemed great especially when joining. Some people still work in old hospital and seem to like it. Not so great for nurses under heavy demands.

In the present time the old hospital is getting many new research departments setting up. Depending on the teams and locations (or how much one fits in) can be very good. However recommend doing work experience to see if the particular departments are worth going in. Once again training is very limited so best prepare and get training elsewhere or outside.
Pros
Smaller teams, conventional hours in some sections
Cons
More privatised, traffic problems, less permanent roles