Queen Elizabeth Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place of work
Attendance officer (Former Employee) –  Clifton, Bristol7 January 2019
A friendly environment to work in. Staff and students are polite and good to work with.

Typical day managing registers and chasing late boys. Managing the music department admin.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no room for progression in non teaching roles
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 December 2018
Always changing so never tedious
Enjoy every aspect shown
Staff are lovely
Everyone works with care and compassion even in times off stress
Happy patients due to quality care
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Great hospital to work within, very rewarding.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 December 2018
Staff are always lovely and helpful, fantastic if you're a student nurse as they're willing to give you advice and explain patients conditions to you in more depth so you get to further your knowledge. Each ward has there own schedule throughout the day, so each day runs slightly different.
Great
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 November 2018
Great place to work, clean staff are nice, brilliant Comp system to document and make referrals. Specialists in all types of conditions good exposure for student nurses
good
Ward clerk NHS (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 November 2018
Lots to learn and gain experience love working with friendly and helpful people always willing to help if you need. I worked via temp staffing. was a good experience.
As below
Emergence Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 October 2018
Working in the Emergency Department of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Is a challenging job at the best of time, but some time it is the most rewarding job. As an ECT I am the first patient/ family contact, so I work closely with the nursing staff to provide the best in care.
Pros
Holiday leave and pension
Cons
Some time stressful and tiring
Great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 October 2018
I enjoyed working at QE because it was great to work closely with professionals. As a volunteer I felt part of a team and working in a busy environment really did wonders for my time management and interpersonal skills.
Lovely people, very welcoming
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead3 October 2018
The Nhs staff as always are amazing, i did my work experience in administration - where they were welcoming and the patients were lovely, not only did the administration staff welcome me, as did the nurses. Overall, a lovely hospital.
A very quite and challenging place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woolwich14 September 2018
I had the chance to work with a lot of patients. My main role involved working with the caterer to get the meal and breakfast ready. as well as going around the ward and talking to patients.
Easy, slow work, good pay for a part time job.
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham3 August 2018
Easy work, 8.98 per hour as Agency. Permanent staff get slightly less, but they get pay and a half on Sat, and double on Sun. Good temp job for students. Next to no progression in the same field, lots of options to progress onto nursing etc. Dead end job really, just good part time or for someone looking for extra hours somewhere or a student to get extra money.
supportive and encouraging
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 July 2018
I was supported and encouraged to develop myself in my healthcare career. The hospital encourages all staff to take pride in their role and will help with external and internal training.
challenging environment to be in
Part Time Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 May 2018
variety of different tasks to do everyday makes the duty very interesting. as a volunteer i have gained confidence, specifically on how to treat and look after elderly and vulnerable people.
Amazing standards and a wonderful hospital
Bank - Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgbaston, West Midlands24 May 2018
Amazing hospital, great resources. Knowledgeable multidisciplinary team members who thrive to further other individuals knowledge and improve their skills. Staff work closely together and ensure best possible care is given to all patients throughout each shift.
Productive and friendly
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Main building24 May 2018
It is never the same, each day/shift is different. Efficient, friendly environment to work in, yet professional.
I have learned new skills, the hardest part of the job is the time schedule the most enjoyable part of the job is helping others, knowing they have enjoyed a well prepared, healthy meal. Meeting new people each day.
it was a fun place to work for
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  cafe in hospital17 April 2018
went in help tidy store room emity bins helped full shelves and tidy
condents area

l earnd how to make coffes using the matching and makeing tosties
Pros
free food and tea and coffee
Voluntary Work (Former Employee) –  London10 March 2018
It helped me to be very responsible with myself in terms of time management as this was my first work experience as a volunteer worker.
It helped me to also learn to follow instructions right and be willing to help
Work Experience Student (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 March 2018
I enjoyed working in a hospital, especially the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham. I was able to communicate with many people with may different backgrounds. The ward staff was faultless, the care provided by the hard workers themselves was phenomenal. However, the receptionists could perhaps benefit from extra training. I was made to feel apart of a team and was happy with my overall experiences.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great team
Cons
Rude staff
productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk14 February 2018
its busy, keeps you on your feet, there is a lot of information to heel in and you need to do training first. all the staff you work with are nice and friendly and will help you if needed
Good learning experience
STUDENT PHARMACIST (Former Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London27 January 2018
Only work at the hospital for couple of weeks but the time spent at the hospital made me want to go back to working in hospital pharmacy. Had a good time working with the staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 December 2017
II was introduced to work in various departments of Histopathology Research Lab and Immunology Department; Clinical Outpatients and Outpatient wards; Cytology; Endoscopy.
I understand the NHS structure within Hospitals and the importance of working as a team and what knock-on effects it has to patients.
I Observed and monitored client behaviour and responses to treatment. I attended educational seminars and lectures at a Multi-Disciplinary Team Meeting in Queen Elizabeth Hospital which allowed me to understand the awareness of mental health symptoms and issues in patients. The outcome of the work experience allowed me to broaden my knowledge within healthcare.