Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham

Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
Excellent people to work with
The thing I like working for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital is the opportunity to progress in your role by working hard and commitment
Good culture to work in
good place to work
Enjoyed my time here and would recommend working here. Always the chance for advancement working at the QEHB. It is a fast paced environment but enjoyable.
Do not work here you will be treated with no respect and management are rude and disrespectful. No progression in career over worked not valued.
I contracted here as a locum.
The management were rude and treated you with no respect. As if you were a child and they overworked you were not flexible. There was no room for progression or support in your career. I would never works there again. They did not assist in offering me accommodation as i was not a Doctor. Do not work here . But my work colleagues some were nice but others were too childish or lazy.
Good workplace
Very busy and fast paced environment with a huge range of specialties and specialist healthcare professionals. A typical day at work includes medication rounds, vital signs monitoring, further clinical tests, liaising with the MDT and personal care.
Chef
I enjoyed working as a chef in the qe and I am now working on the switchboard there and I am loving that job to. You do get a couple of perks at the hospital and that is free flu jabs every year, but also it's a very secure job as everyone will always need a hospital to go to.
Hardwork - but worth it
Having been a nurse since 2001, I would not have chosen to work anywhere else.

Undoubtedly its very hard, heavy, demanding work, but you know that when you enter a career in health care.

There are lots of opportunities for development and education.

There are excellent staff support services should you need them.
Tricky place to work with my mindset
I was an apprentice at the QE. I felt that my work was not being credited for some trails for example. I felt as though the work I did as the apprentice was not being praised enough for me to think it was a viable place to carry on my career at the QE. It is also a fair mention that my mental state was not right, saying that my boss was perfect to help with my anxieties of working there. She took me down to A and E and to help my mental health issues.
Good experience
Good experience for a newly qualified nurse, lots of support is available. Very busy wards, short staffing, moved off your own and to others , which I felt put a newly qualified at risk of errors.
Pleasent and rewarding
Lovely place to work
Great sense of family through different job roles

Enjoyed getting to know staff and especially patients and making their hospital experience more enjoyable
A nice place to work
Here I supported with the training and development of Apprenticeships across all areas of the hospital.

A usual day wold include liaising with managers and learners to complete assessments linked to qualification progress
Pros
Networking
Cons
Bureaucratic
Undervalued staff
Work extremely hard and feel. undervalued in every aspect of the job role. I have a huge passion for my job but it has been made very difficult to deliver the work I want to at the standard I want to.
Staff nurse at QE
Commenced my nursing journey at the QE. Throughout the interview they offered the ability to develop competencies and attend training. However reality is short staff, overworked, stressed and management refusing you to attend education opportunities.
happy work place
i love how rewarding the job is especially the 1 to 1 care with amazing hard working staff and working with many challenges which require constant team work.
great learning experience
so many departments to work in , great people , amazing and friendly staff . Professional workplace , everything is done on time and according to a strict code of conduct .
Pros
learning
Productive Workplace
The NHS is a high volume changing environment and QEHB is no different.

Has the potential to be a fantastic place to work for the right candidate
Pros
great location
Cons
long work hours
not the best
for me there is nothing to really do, I can only do something when im asked to do something for me its really boring. I wouldn't do a job like it again.
Busy ward but very rewarding
As HCA co-ordinator it was my job to delegate and carry out tasks given to me by the shift manager. Help patients with all needs as required, ensuring all emergency eqipment was in working order, in date and that the crash trolley was stocked as per ressusitation guidelines. Ensuring the patient bed spaces were kept clear of clutter.Making sure all dietary needs were met and that they were taking enough fluids. Ensuring observations were taken at the correct time, and reporting any changes. Making sure that the daily careplans were kept up to date.

The hardest part was going home knowing that you didnt have time to complete all your jobs and having to hand them over to the on coming shift.

The most enjoyable was seeing your patients smile, knowing that they are being well looked after.
Pros
An excellent team of both clinical and non-clinical staff
Cons
Busy shifts