QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE

QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE Employee Reviews

This was a volunteering experience and we had to guide visually impaired people around the event; a training day had to be completed before we could attend the event. It was great hearing about people's experiences.
Pros
Interesting Stories
Cons
Long Hours
Enjoy the work at umberslade garden nurseries. Very relaxed atmosphere lovely setting I enjoyed working alongside the volunteers, is good to help them to learn new skills, plugs taking cuttings repotting plants. Giving advice to customers as and when needed about the plants they can choose for their garden. I sometimes helped in the kitchen cooking breakfast making lunches helped with the afternoon teas serving customers.
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
I was working part-time at the weekend
The level of understanding of understanding people with different needs, conditions or disabilities was very poor considering there are high functioning disability college. In many areas they were very discriminating and very non supportive. They need to learn to be open minded that people with disabilities come in many shapes and form also some people with disabilities can actually work
Pros
Learnt about different conditions
Cons
Enjoyed my time there very much, nice people to work with and good management . I did not find the job physically hard and I did learn how to use the scrubbing machine .
Pros
Staff room.
Cons
They look after the lazy workers who don't do anything with the students what more do you want to know I started off I'm the gym the manager was not interested in it he like to get away when he could
Gotr though to interview stage. Interview went well no feedback phoned and left messages, emailed HR. I resigned from my previous job on the strength of the position due to time frames required.
Pros
the place looked and felt good
Cons
management haven't got a clue how to operate
This was not a good place to work! Some staff are unfair and back-stabbing. There is an atmosphere of bullying. Staff have to follow rules like robots.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
The HR Department are really inclusive and helpful to all the staff who work for the college. They are ready to help with any issues that staff members have and are always willing to help staff understand the colleges policies. All the staff are friendly and it is a great place to work. You feel part of a family. I was temping for 6 months in the HR Department and did not want to leave. The Students get along well together and with the Teachers and Teaching Assistants plus the college is fully inclusive. Quite a few staff members were previously students at the college. The students run a cafe some days and make paninis, cakes samosas which are delicious. It is an extremely relaxed place to work even though everyone is working hard for the good of the college because it is a charity funded college. I have never enjoyed working somewhere so much and I would definitely give it 100% for job satisfaction.
Pros
Great lunch menu
As this was my first office based job, it gave me opportunity to learn new skills in providing excellent customer service.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE?
helping students to develop their independent daily living skills in accordance with their individual care plan and term targets, providing care and support for young adults who have complex and challenging needs in terms of their behaviour and emotional, psychological and developmental well-being. teaching and supporting students with different life skills for example how to budget and getting them involved in the community all of which will prepare them for when they are ready to live independently.
Pros
half term holidays
Cons
repetetive
Often Coworkers would be laid back and not taking their job as seriously as they could, but the community in Queen Alexandra College is hard to beat. The best part of the job was knowing what you taught your students was helping them towards a brighter future, as well as the characters you had in class.
Pros
The coworkers and students
Cons
lack of respect from higher up in command
Trabajar en un call center genera mucha tensión porque atiendes a muchísimas personas al día, de las cuales el 90% habla con disgusto. Así que necesitas ser empático y comunicarte de manera asertiva.
Pros
Aprendes a trabajas bajo presión
Cons
Demasiada tolerancia.
Catering to the needs of multiple adult students, as well as individual one to one support helping students aspire and achieve independency.
Pros
Activities
Cons
Would love a full time job at the QAC, teaching and supporting staff, learnt teaching style and how to deal with students with special needs and learnt how to use new technologies for visual impairment