QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE
QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE Employee Review

Intersting and Beneficial Environment

22 July 2019
This was a volunteering experience and we had to guide visually impaired people around the event; a training day had to be completed before we could attend the event. It was great hearing about people's experiences.
Pros
Interesting Stories
Cons
Long Hours
27 October 2020
Gardening Assistant (Former Employee) - Birmingham
Enjoy the work at umberslade garden nurseries. Very relaxed atmosphere lovely setting I enjoyed working alongside the volunteers, is good to help them to learn new skills, plugs taking cuttings repotting plants. Giving advice to customers as and when needed about the plants they can choose for their garden. I sometimes helped in the kitchen cooking breakfast making lunches helped with the afternoon teas serving customers.
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
I was working part-time at the weekend
17 October 2020
Fulltime Support worker (Former Employee) - Birmingham
The level of understanding of understanding people with different needs, conditions or disabilities was very poor considering there are high functioning disability college. In many areas they were very discriminating and very non supportive. They need to learn to be open minded that people with disabilities come in many shapes and form also some people with disabilities can actually work
Pros
Learnt about different conditions
7 February 2020
Cleaner (Former Employee) - Queen Alexandra College
Enjoyed my time there very much, nice people to work with and good management . I did not find the job physically hard and I did learn how to use the scrubbing machine .
Pros
Staff room.