QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE
QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE Employee Review

Fantastic place to work

16 May 2019
The HR Department are really inclusive and helpful to all the staff who work for the college. They are ready to help with any issues that staff members have and are always willing to help staff understand the colleges policies.

All the staff are friendly and it is a great place to work. You feel part of a family. I was temping for 6 months in the HR Department and did not want to leave.

The Students get along well together and with the Teachers and Teaching Assistants plus the college is fully inclusive. Quite a few staff members were previously students at the college.

The students run a cafe some days and make paninis, cakes samosas which are delicious.

It is an extremely relaxed place to work even though everyone is working hard for the good of the college because it is a charity funded college.

I have never enjoyed working somewhere so much and I would definitely give it 100% for job satisfaction.
Pros
Great lunch menu
17 October 2020
Fulltime Support worker (Former Employee) - Birmingham
The level of understanding of understanding people with different needs, conditions or disabilities was very poor considering there are high functioning disability college. In many areas they were very discriminating and very non supportive. They need to learn to be open minded that people with disabilities come in many shapes and form also some people with disabilities can actually work
Pros
Learnt about different conditions
Cons
7 February 2020
Same location
Cleaner (Former Employee) - Queen Alexandra College
Enjoyed my time there very much, nice people to work with and good management . I did not find the job physically hard and I did learn how to use the scrubbing machine .
Pros
Staff room.
Cons
22 October 2019
Student Support Worker (Former Employee) - Birmingham
They look after the lazy workers who don't do anything with the students what more do you want to know I started off I'm the gym the manager was not interested in it he like to get away when he could