Quba & Co

Quba & Co Management reviews

Didn’t enjoy one second of it. Manager was stretched to her limit with little to no help for a start. Hours were all over the place with everyone besides management on a 0 hour contract. Very near Minimum wage for everyone, despite the head office constantly trying to force employees to push sales up offering no incentive. So poorly ran, very boring work place and the quality of the clothing is horrendous for 90% of it. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone. Only good things were the people I worked with and a slightly good uniform allowance.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Dull, underpaid, undervalued.
Great place to work with an opportunity to progress and further your experience. Extremely strong communication and support from Head office and senior management. A premium brand with fantastic products. Thanks for the opportunity Quba&Co.
Pros
Products / Management / Staff discount
Cons
I don't know where to start, I needed a job so badly I decided to give them a chance. From now on I'll be careful what I choose. This is one of those companies that expects you to sleep eat and breathe their mediocre products, for minimum wage and zero benefits. As soon as I started they sacked someone else with no reason, a warning sign I should have taken. The till is the most complicated thing ever, its on a shoddy laptop and involves 1000 random shortcuts that involve function buttons, letters, pass codes and numbers, it is SO easy to make mistakes, and lemme tell you, they do NOT like that. My second day I was accused of losing a large sum of money, I didn't and I knew I didn't, they said they'd cut my hours for that (my zero hour contract ofc) and then they realised it was a till error. I had two panic attacks within my first two shifts. You will be expected to carry the keys to the shop and act as a supervisor however you get paid minimum wage OF COURSE. I tried to quit once, and the manager was so nicey nicey to me, trying to big me up and stuff I gave if another chance. When I actually decided to quit the manager ignored me, I never received a reply to my notice, instead they used the other new girl to communicate with me. How professional. In the time I worked there, half of the customers were asking for refunds for broken products, nearly everything made of sail cloth is covered in orange and black stains and they charge a bomb for that. They also send out a weekly list of the 3 worst stores, which I think is very unprofessional and disencouraging. Oh - more...
Pros
Nice view
Cons
Was expected to run store as no manager and company didn’t want to pay out for one. Only support was from other store managers who were understanding and tried to help as best they could. Area management and head office either had no idea what they were doing or were busy emailing all stores telling them how bad they’re all doing. Will try to forget I ever worked here.
Having worked In retail for 25 + years I can honestly say Quba is like no other business. Quba is a company so stuck in the past with how it is ran that sadly it’s future seems bleak, and everyone who works there is aware of this. They still believe that bullying store teams and piling on pressure to already stretched managers is a way of making good business. In a time when self worth is so valid head office and area management think threats and accusations are the best way to make money. If you are looking for a career within a successful encouraging retail environment you’ll be more likely to get it by claiming benefits than working for this company
A truly horrendous place to have sadly wasted so much of my energy! Store teams and managers are second rate citizens with no say or influence no matter how hard or long they work for the company. You are worth more than working somewhere like Quba, I promise!
They sack employees who is extremely I'll. Do not care about staff. They bully staff. Expect staff to do everything and if you disagree then they find a way to get rid of you
This has possibly been the worst company I have ever worked for; the pay is shocking; the treatment of staff is terrible, and you get no compensation or bonuses for doing extra work for the company. A normal workday is very boring, seems like there is a lot that could be done but once you get it done there’s nothing left, and you just sit around. Customer satisfaction is also very low and the management within the company is terrible, the way cash is handled and also the way the company use their budgets is horrible. Bullying is very common within the company towards staff, the clothing allowance is also very unfair. There is definitely no positivity within the company and WOULD HIGHLY NOT RECOMMEND!!
Really stressful environment to work in! They put so much pressure on the stores and people who work in them. Head office and senior management are rude and pile on stress to understaffed stores who can’t do anymore. Really sad as people I worked sith were lovely. Mystery they can get away with what they do.
Pros
People I worked with.
Cons
Head office. Staff treatment. Terrible pay. Zero hrs contracts.
If the intention of this brand is to close down then they are doing a fab job! Staff morale is depressing, constant cuts to stores. Head office are out of touch with store staff! Quba and co don’t understand the reason they aren’t doing well is due to their treatment of staff. Zero hr contracts say it all really.
The most horrific job I have ever had! Bullying culture within head office to stores is very prominent. Minimum pay, no organisation, bullying. Team members in store amazing though!
Pros
Team
Cons
Bullying
This company hire with a view to staff staying around 5 or 6 months. They treat the staff accordingly and get what they sow... a hugely transient staff and a horrible work culture. Management have no respect whatsoever to the staff and treat them in a disgraceful way. Zero hours contracts and minimum wage coupled with the horrendous management mean Quba are a company to avoid at any cost. They push an awful product which falls to pieces and a lot of time is spent dealing with customer complaints. Really really only apply here if you are happy to be spoken to like a piece of dirt and you have no aspirations to progress in a company. Like most people you will probably only last a few months.
Pros
Can't think of one.
Cons
Too many to list
I worked here for a few months because like every other member of staff this was all I could stand. This is a disgraceful company. Zero hour contracts, minimum wage and quite frankly the worst management I have ever seen in a company. They treat staff as dispenable objects and there is a culture of fear. This is without doubt the absolute worst company I have ever worked for. Staff turnover is CONTINUOUS and as a result the atmosphere is dreadful. Days in store are spent returning items for disgruntled customers. Do yourself a favour an apply for a job elsewhere!
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Too many to list
Although only with the company a few months, it was long enough to understand the shambles that is Quba and co. The company is beyond disorganised, staff are treated terribly and completely taken for granted. Pay is terrible, pay reviews are non existent! Pressurised atmosphere as the company expect unrealistic targets from stores who are understaffed and run on minimum hrs. Turnover is very high of staff, no one stays for long. Loyalty is not rewarded so what’s the point!
Pros
Store team were lovely
Cons
Poor pay, no incentives, bad hours.
We constantly got told by customers how the company used to be great! but this was a long time ago. A poisonous work culture has really depleted any worth in the brand. At Quba no one is valued ! be it store manager, supervisor or sales assistant. Department leaders in HO are the first to call out and criticise but the last to understand or support. The company pile pressure on to understaffed stores at every opportunity If you think at least you are payed to get treated so badly, you'd be wrong. The pay is SHOCKING! in no way competitive or in line with any other business across any industry. hours are diabolical and the company loves to hand out zero hr contracts and drop staff at last minute notice. The atmosphere in store is one of constant worry, worry about money, about hrs and about senior management. My manager tried their best to protect staff in store but was shot down from above. Staff turnover is absurdly high! I wish I had worked for Quba when it was a place people actually wanted to work.
Pros
My Store manager
Cons
Stress, pressure. pay or lack off
Sadly a company less premium more discount. This follows through to its treatment of staff. Head office and senior management are out of touch with the stores and the struggles they face. Hours are constantly cut whilst managers are Overworked, staff are only thanked and motivated by in store management. Senior level have a reductive view of staffing believing everyone to be expendable. staff turnover is unbelievably high due to such poor hours and stress put on stores who if fail to reach target are told to be exceptionally poor performing with no encouragement to succeed other than threats and bullish behaviour. Incentives are terrible to non existent. The company fail to appreciate dedicated staff members but are quick to put down and criticise. The entire company seems propped up by a handful of store managers who have remained with the company longer than a few months to what seems like no reward.staff are more inclined to contact other stores than senior management due to a judgmental attitude by head office, stores are crammed with stock. Boxes everywhere including shop floor. Failings on area management and HR are massive in seeing how pushed stores teams are. There is no room for progression as the company will cut costs in every way possible to the detriment of the stores and it’s staff but company will happily give empty promises to recruit. The company is stuck In the past with its view on staffing and treatment of its employees.
Pros
Great store staff.
Cons
Dreadful hours, non existent incentives. Everything else.
Well where to start.. if you would like a zero hour minimum, wage contract where the company management treat you like dirt then look no further. This company will promise you the earth to get the position filled then deliver nothing. You will be expected to open/close and run the shop no extra pay. I felt so sorry for my manager thrown in at the deep end with hardly any structured training and expected to run a shop and train staff on minimal hours not given any support or help. I have never worked for a company like it. My work colleagues were the best thing about the place in fact my manager was the best manager I have ever worked with/for shame this company treat everyone like dirt and don’t know what great people they have no wonder the staff turnover is so great.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Quba is a company run on the cheap. They market themselves on being a local company but 90% of their stuff is made in China. Lots of staff time is spent dealing with returns of shoddy goods. Embarrassing when management heavily discourage refunds. Lots of disgruntled customers as a very high percentage of clothes fall apart. Zero hour contracts on minimum wage see stores being run on skeleton staff with a constant flow of new people who stay only a couple of months due to how they are treated. Staff dropped when it suits, no loyalty to staff. Zero prospect of job progression and zero training given. Management are only interested in getting their pound of flesh from staff. Antiquated till system, very backward company. No investment in systems made. Oppressive behaviour from managers. Makes for unpleasant atmosphere. Avoid this company all costs.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Management. Culture. Wages.
I've learned a lot over the years I've been in Quba&Co Things like how to handle customer issues or complaints. How to handle my time management, be productive as possible. Management was organised and my co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Managing 2 stores in a seasonal town means constantly being proactive whether high or low season. Keeping VM standards high and Team members motivated at all time. Customer Services are a major importance at all times and dealing with queires and occassional complaints, both face to face and via the telephone. I have learned in my years with Quba & Co, that being in the front line of the company brings many benifits as we represent the company at all times. I beleive my management skills are strong and I lead from the front. Therefore keeping a focused, motivated Team. One of the hardest parts of my role is the constant changes with being seasonal as team members change, so ongoing training is of paramount importance. I thrive on excellent customer service and am delighted to see customers leaving our store happy with the service, whether or not they have purchased. My VM skills have grown and I have great confidence in what I do.
Pros
Uniform allowance and staff discount
Cons
Recruiting due to area