Quarriers Employee Reviews

Great environment to learn and work i
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bridge of Weir8 July 2018
Great organization.Plenty of good scope for career advancement and a great place to learn. Hectic fast paced at times and a large variety of different client groups.
Fun workplace
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 April 2018
Friendly staff.Project itself is great place to work if it was
run properly. Very little support from team leaders. Expectations too high with regards to working hours.
Pros
Meals included when on shift
Cons
Team leaders never on site. No continuity
Very Rewarding
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire7 February 2018
Brilliant company to work for. I vested in staff development and ensured skills required matched specific clients needs. Can be long hours depending on your contract.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Work life balance
Very Enjoyable
Volunteer Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire10 January 2018
My role was as a volunteer minibus driver for disabled children during the summer break of 2017 to take them on day trips. Not a position I was looking forward to given the very serious handicaps of the children, but turned out to a fantastic short term position I will happily do again if the opportunity arose and I had no other work commitments.
Intense workplace
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Station Road Milngavie6 January 2018
Lack of obvious leadership and sometimes left short of staff because colleagues were taken for other projects to cover their shortages. No structured day to day guidance and coordination,
Pros
Free hand
Cons
Poor supervision
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire24 September 2017
Good Company To Work With Fun enviroment for both staff and service users , team building days and staff training each month with certificates pay is reasonable
Great work place
Finace and Corporate Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 August 2017
Great place to work lovely people always meeting new peaole and learning new skills enjoying each day as the job always kept me busy and I enjoyed that.
Awful company to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  England11 July 2017
The training was poor and the management ineffective. Information I gave higher management about poor care practises in the place I worked were ignored. Health and safety rules were ignored. Staff were demonised for not doing their jobs properly but not given guidance. One nearby home ran by the same company was forced to close until their problems were rectified. There always seemed to be some investigative report going on. In the end, after numerous requests for training I went off sick with stress. During my sick leave my employment was terminated. The company only paid out a weeks notice instead of the month in the contract. High turnover of staff. Absolutely dire experience working for these people and I wish I had never worked there at all.
Pros
salary comparitively good.
Cons
How long have you got?
Good to work for
Support Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Rutherglen, Glasgow22 June 2017
Quarries was a great company to work for u felt supported when u needed someone to talk too. Our senior were very helpful when u wanted to develop in your career. Overall a good company
Pros
Support when needed
Challenging job but great staff team
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Castlemilk23 February 2017
Very challenging job however staff team worked to manage this daily. Great training . Wages do not reflect the amount of hard work staff have to put in. Lots of line working which could be stressful especially working a. Ightshift and going straight into a day shift
Pros
New challenges daily
Cons
Sometimes tasks required 2 staff however lots of line working
good charity
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde21 February 2017
Fun place to work with good support from management. Chances to progress further too. Daily tasks include finance, medication, and general care of individuals.
Pros
great work life
Cons
pay could be better
Poor senior management support
Junior management (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 October 2016
I was a junior manager and received poor support. I left after 18 months due to the stress, pressure and lack of support and training.
Pros
Loved working with the clients
Cons
Lack of support from managers
Undervalued staff
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow16 August 2016
Staff are very undervalued,poor management limited support poor communication skills from management no acknowledgment to long serving committed caring staff
Pros
Making a positive impact on service users quality of life
Cons
Poor managment cancelled team meetings protochols not followed by managment
Poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Swindon30 April 2016
Work for swindon branch, previous manager was ok. Then a new managers came in, they are a poor example of management i have ever come across. Staff very dissatisfied, unhappy, always under pressure. Poor place to work.
Pros
Cons
Quite a lot
boring
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock4 February 2016
boring worst care company ever.office staff always pressure support workers. retired due to illness now looking for a new career
Pros
no pros
Job Satisfaction
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bearsden27 September 2015
Greet service users in the morning and proceed to start their day by supporting showering and dressing. Support service users with breakfast. Administer medication.
Co-workers hard working and supportive
The hardest part of job is the daily commute.
I enjoy making a difference to my service users day.
Pros
personal satisfaction
Cons
excessive paperwork
Fulfilling job but poor management.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  West of Scotland26 August 2015
I found this overly stressful due to pressure from higher ups over things as silly as pedantry on reports. I was constantly asking to have training fulfilled that never happened.
A flexible place to work
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saltcoats, Ayrshire2 August 2015
A flexible and challenging place to work, giving opportunity to staff and clients alike on a day-to-day basis.
Lots of training offered.
Friendly and helpful staff. a good team and excellent team spirit
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
Minimal prospects for promotion
Fun and productive
Work Experience Student (Current Employee) –  Kilwinning, SCT15 July 2015
As a voluntary organisation you don't get paid. I done this through school as a work experience. It was good as you got to socialise with service users and colleagues. You could help deliver meals and collect/drop off service users as well as preparing meals. A good way to get a reference for younger and a good place for the old as it provides them with something to do instead of sitting around in the house.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Pay
Good experience
Support Worker/Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Ayrshire23 June 2015
I cannot fully comment on my time with Quarrier's as I was on placement. I took on the same job roles as every one else, but I did not receive any training or much supervision due to employed staff being more entitled to these benefits. I really enjoyed my time within the company, it was a good learning experience and the team leader for my area was more than helpful. They are dedicated to delivering high quality care to there service users and I feel they would be a good company to work for.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quarriers. Our community is ready to answer.