Quarriers Employee Reviews

Very Rewarding
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire7 February 2018
Brilliant company to work for. I vested in staff development and ensured skills required matched specific clients needs. Can be long hours depending on your contract.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Work life balance
Very Enjoyable
Volunteer Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire10 January 2018
My role was as a volunteer minibus driver for disabled children during the summer break of 2017 to take them on day trips. Not a position I was looking forward to given the very serious handicaps of the children, but turned out to a fantastic short term position I will happily do again if the opportunity arose and I had no other work commitments.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire24 September 2017
Good Company To Work With Fun enviroment for both staff and service users , team building days and staff training each month with certificates pay is reasonable
Great work place
Finace and Corporate Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 August 2017
Great place to work lovely people always meeting new peaole and learning new skills enjoying each day as the job always kept me busy and I enjoyed that.
Awful company to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  England11 July 2017
The training was poor and the management ineffective. Information I gave higher management about poor care practises in the place I worked were ignored. Health and safety rules were ignored. Staff were demonised for not doing their jobs properly but not given guidance. One nearby home ran by the same company was forced to close until their problems were rectified. There always seemed to be some investigative report going on. In the end, after numerous requests for training I went off sick with stress. During my sick leave my employment was terminated. The company only paid out a weeks notice instead of the month in the contract. High turnover of staff. Absolutely dire experience working for these people and I wish I had never worked there at all.
Pros
salary comparitively good.
Cons
How long have you got?
Good to work for
Support Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Rutherglen, Glasgow22 June 2017
Quarries was a great company to work for u felt supported when u needed someone to talk too. Our senior were very helpful when u wanted to develop in your career. Overall a good company
Pros
Support when needed
Poor Management, not a nice place to work
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Inverurie, UK3 May 2017
It is with great sadness that I write this review. The Wellbeing Workers are fabulous, really lovely ladies.

The job it's self was great, it was just the management team that were the problem. Management left everything to the last minute. You are not supported in the professional way by them and the one thing I found utter disgusting behaviour from management is that the two of them had been speaking about myself and other members of staff and one of the managers very carelessly sent the email to me....How embarrassing. This was the point when I decided I couldn't work in this company and have the bad reputation that they do and I certainly wouldn't recommend anybody to work here. Another careless mistake made by management has also cost me a lot of money and due to their incompetence they couldn't even be bothered to tell me about it.

This has probably the worst company I have ever worked for. And this is supposed to be a caring company?!
Pros
Support from work colleagues
Cons
Extremely poor management
Challenging job but great staff team
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Castlemilk23 February 2017
Very challenging job however staff team worked to manage this daily. Great training . Wages do not reflect the amount of hard work staff have to put in. Lots of line working which could be stressful especially working a. Ightshift and going straight into a day shift
Pros
New challenges daily
Cons
Sometimes tasks required 2 staff however lots of line working
good charity
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde21 February 2017
Fun place to work with good support from management. Chances to progress further too. Daily tasks include finance, medication, and general care of individuals.
Pros
great work life
Cons
pay could be better
Poor senior management support
Junior management (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 October 2016
I was a junior manager and received poor support. I left after 18 months due to the stress, pressure and lack of support and training.
Pros
Loved working with the clients
Cons
Lack of support from managers
Undervalued staff
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow16 August 2016
Staff are very undervalued,poor management limited support poor communication skills from management no acknowledgment to long serving committed caring staff
Pros
Making a positive impact on service users quality of life
Cons
Poor managment cancelled team meetings protochols not followed by managment
Poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Swindon30 April 2016
Work for swindon branch, previous manager was ok. Then a new managers came in, they are a poor example of management i have ever come across. Staff very dissatisfied, unhappy, always under pressure. Poor place to work.
Pros
Cons
Quite a lot
boring
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock4 February 2016
boring worst care company ever.office staff always pressure support workers. retired due to illness now looking for a new career
Pros
no pros
Fulfilling job but poor management.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  West of Scotland26 August 2015
I found this overly stressful due to pressure from higher ups over things as silly as pedantry on reports. I was constantly asking to have training fulfilled that never happened.
A flexible place to work
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saltcoats, Ayrshire2 August 2015
A flexible and challenging place to work, giving opportunity to staff and clients alike on a day-to-day basis.
Lots of training offered.
Friendly and helpful staff. a good team and excellent team spirit
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
Minimal prospects for promotion
Fun and productive
Work Experience Student (Current Employee) –  Kilwinning, SCT15 July 2015
As a voluntary organisation you don't get paid. I done this through school as a work experience. It was good as you got to socialise with service users and colleagues. You could help deliver meals and collect/drop off service users as well as preparing meals. A good way to get a reference for younger and a good place for the old as it provides them with something to do instead of sitting around in the house.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Pay
key work withinthe project
Projet Worker worker (Current Employee) –  Saltcoats and Stevenston, SCT5 June 2015
Atypical day at work is interacting with the young people and working towards there independent living skill i.e. budgeting ,appointments issues that may arise during a shift

how to best support the needs of the individual

interacting with your co workers and discussing the individuals within the project

Dealing with incidents during shifts and how best to manage the project .

Accomplishing positive outlooks for the future of the young clients
Pros
meeting differant client withinthe project
Cons
weekend shifts
Family friendly - people orientateed place to work
Relief Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire28 May 2015
Primarily, my role is to support vulnerable and disadvantaged people. In my current role I support one service user who has learning difficulties and mental health problems. My role involves all personal care for the service user, administering medication, attending medical appointments and financial record keeping. Wherever possible I encourage the service user to be independent. This enables the service user to have a level of control in their life whilst permitting them to make informed choices. In doing so I adhere to the rights of the service user whilst ensuring their choices and behaviour does not cause harm to themselves or others. As part of my role I participate in supervision on a regular basis. This enables my supervisor and me to discuss policies and risk assessments which are in place and identify any potential hazards that may have arisen. If any risks are identified this may lead to the implementation of new risk assessment specific to the service user whom I support.
Challenging, No two days the same.
Residential Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  SCT21 August 2014
Working a continuous rolling rota of early, back, and nightshift a day in residential care was always different but challenging. It could start, like any household by getting the children up and out to school, making their tea to settling them at bed time.
I very quickly learned to expect the unexpected an adapt myself to deal with any given situation. This usually involved dealing with difficult behaviour(extreme) to managing the complex dynamics of group living.
My co-workers had varied experience some of them requiring a lot of support provided by myself and other experienced staff.
One of the most difficult parts of the job was trying to assist the managers in ways to improve the service supplied to the clients as it was deemed that they were right.
The most enjoyable part of the job and the most satisfying is when a young person left care, moved into their own flat and looking after themselves. I have had contact from a number of past clients who are now married, have their own family and a settled life. Others have also contacted me thanking me for advice given and are now in further education.
Pros
Cons
Shift work, violence at work
Great team Good job
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenock27 April 2014
I began working with Quarriers, supporting a chap with profound needs within his own home , My duties included dealing with medication personal care , personal finances shopping bills etc, I also had the opportunity to take the gent on holiday a few times within my time there . Through quarries I completed various training in first aid, epilepsy moving and handling, communication, and health and safety.I got on great with all the staff team the chaps parents and alos the managemnt as the only full time member i had to liase directly with various proffesionals including physiotherapists doctors dentisst social workers
Pros
Great team
Cons
Sleepover duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quarriers. Our community is ready to answer.