Quarriers Employee Reviews

Management issues
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  East Dunbartonshire3 December 2018
I love my role within this company and have enjoyed many years supporting people to live a full and enriched life.
The problem within quarriers just now is management related. There is no support for support workers and this has led to mistakes happening due to staff being unsure of what they are supposed to do.
There is not much guidance for new staff and a lot of support for new staff is being put onto existing staff, this is meaning that existing staff are then not giving the right support as they are unsure themselves and then the quality of support is not strong.
Pros
Good training
Cons
No work life balance. No support from managment
Not an ideal place to work
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  North East Scotland16 August 2018
Since my last review was removed and I can't see why because what I wrote was 100% true, i will write a second one.

Very poor management as they leave everything to the last minute, don't have a clue what they are doing and leave the rest of the staff to pick up the pieces. Management should practise what they preach, it's all very well preaching to staff that they should't be speaking about workloads etc to other staff, but yet you will speak about a staff members and others through emails then accidentally send the email to one of the persons you were speaking about?! Very unprofessional. Management need training on how to be managers.

Only a couple of the Family wellbeing workers are nice and supportive

No communication between management and staff. The company can't admit or apologise when they are wrong.

This has got to be the most incompetent company I have ever came across.

I would not recommend working for this "company"
Pros
flexibility for appointments
Cons
Management and HR can't be trusted
Great environment to learn and work i
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bridge of Weir8 July 2018
Great organization.Plenty of good scope for career advancement and a great place to learn. Hectic fast paced at times and a large variety of different client groups.
excellent
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 September 2018
excellenet place to work . made to feel very welcome by staff and service users .
variety of groups and activities for everyone from adults to children to taker part in and which were very popular .
excellent service they provide and this type of service offers a lifeline for individuals .
do not give you a chance
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 October 2018
when working at Quarrires it was great at first then something went wrong and Quarrires did not give me the chance to put my side accross not fare to all staff
Pros
good shifts
Cons
don't listen
Awful company to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  England11 July 2017
The training was poor and the management ineffective. Information I gave higher management about poor care practises in the place I worked were ignored. Health and safety rules were ignored. Staff were demonised for not doing their jobs properly but not given guidance. One nearby home ran by the same company was forced to close until their problems were rectified. There always seemed to be some investigative report going on. In the end, after numerous requests for training I went off sick with stress. During my sick leave my employment was terminated. The company only paid out a weeks notice instead of the month in the contract. High turnover of staff. Absolutely dire experience working for these people and I wish I had never worked there at all.
Pros
salary comparitively good.
Cons
How long have you got?
Very Rewarding
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire7 February 2018
Brilliant company to work for. I vested in staff development and ensured skills required matched specific clients needs. Can be long hours depending on your contract.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Work life balance
Fun workplace
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 April 2018
Friendly staff.Project itself is great place to work if it was
run properly. Very little support from team leaders. Expectations too high with regards to working hours.
Pros
Meals included when on shift
Cons
Team leaders never on site. No continuity
Leaders in their field
Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow21 March 2018
The work carried out by Quarriers' staff is of a high standard and provides excellent care to those in seek of their assistance.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with them, and will always be grateful to the staff and people supported by them for the experiences I had.
Pros
variety of work
Cons
emotionally demanding
Good experience
Support Worker/Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Ayrshire23 June 2015
I cannot fully comment on my time with Quarrier's as I was on placement. I took on the same job roles as every one else, but I did not receive any training or much supervision due to employed staff being more entitled to these benefits. I really enjoyed my time within the company, it was a good learning experience and the team leader for my area was more than helpful. They are dedicated to delivering high quality care to there service users and I feel they would be a good company to work for.
Pros
Flexibility
Very Enjoyable
Volunteer Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire10 January 2018
My role was as a volunteer minibus driver for disabled children during the summer break of 2017 to take them on day trips. Not a position I was looking forward to given the very serious handicaps of the children, but turned out to a fantastic short term position I will happily do again if the opportunity arose and I had no other work commitments.
good charity
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde21 February 2017
Fun place to work with good support from management. Chances to progress further too. Daily tasks include finance, medication, and general care of individuals.
Pros
great work life
Cons
pay could be better
Challenging but stimulating workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bridge of Weir23 August 2012
This is a fast paced environment where service users can change twice weekly and come from a pool of ninety regular service users with additional emergency admissions. Prioritising and planning are key in this role. Good time management skills are essential. I have learned a lot in this role including how to lead more effectively and how to get results from supervision and coaching. My Co-workers are all dedicated and although there can be conflict in the team resolution is never far off. The hardest part of the post is the time management but this can also be the most enjoyable as the use of creativity and being pro-active are skills I enjoy using.
Pros
great fast paced environment for learning
Cons
little room for further development
Intense workplace
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Station Road Milngavie6 January 2018
Lack of obvious leadership and sometimes left short of staff because colleagues were taken for other projects to cover their shortages. No structured day to day guidance and coordination,
Pros
Free hand
Cons
Poor supervision
Good to work for
Support Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Rutherglen, Glasgow22 June 2017
Quarries was a great company to work for u felt supported when u needed someone to talk too. Our senior were very helpful when u wanted to develop in your career. Overall a good company
Pros
Support when needed
A flexible place to work
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saltcoats, Ayrshire2 August 2015
A flexible and challenging place to work, giving opportunity to staff and clients alike on a day-to-day basis.
Lots of training offered.
Friendly and helpful staff. a good team and excellent team spirit
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
Minimal prospects for promotion
challenging but with high personal satisfaction
family support worker (Current Employee) –  Dumfries22 January 2013
Because you are dealing with people with a wide variety of personal issues, each day can be very different. You are supported by a team of colleagues who understand how you feel and the problems you face and are therefore very understanding. The importance of keeping a balance between your private/home life and work is also understood and it is accpted that there will be times when you can't or don't wish to work. I have found Quarriers to be a decent and understanding company to work for and doing this type of work leaves you with a strong sense of doing something which makes a difference.
Pros
opportunities to assess situations, to form positive working relationships with the people you meet.
Cons
working outside your usual hours e.g. week-ends and/or evenings, low pay, no pension
Undervalued staff
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow16 August 2016
Staff are very undervalued,poor management limited support poor communication skills from management no acknowledgment to long serving committed caring staff
Pros
Making a positive impact on service users quality of life
Cons
Poor managment cancelled team meetings protochols not followed by managment
Poor practices and incompetent management
RCCW (Former Employee) –  England 1 May 2013
Very poor staffing ratio, incompetent management, practices that where at times shocking, when reported to senior staff was told " don't rock the boat" and " if your not happy there's the door".
Pros
Cons
Split shifts, having to come in for 1 hour am then 4 hours pm, poor untrained staff.
Great team Good job
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenock27 April 2014
I began working with Quarriers, supporting a chap with profound needs within his own home , My duties included dealing with medication personal care , personal finances shopping bills etc, I also had the opportunity to take the gent on holiday a few times within my time there . Through quarries I completed various training in first aid, epilepsy moving and handling, communication, and health and safety.I got on great with all the staff team the chaps parents and alos the managemnt as the only full time member i had to liase directly with various proffesionals including physiotherapists doctors dentisst social workers
Pros
Great team
Cons
Sleepover duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quarriers. Our community is ready to answer.