QinetiQ Employee Review

Great Place to work
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex8 July 2019
I have worked for QinetiQ for a long time but still recognise a great company when i see it: the work we do can be unique always interesting with great enthused teams working there. I have always been rewarded and recognised for my performance and health and Safety always comes first.
I would recommend anyone to come and work for them.
Pros
Loads, far to many just to list
Cons
Walking around work areas that are “site of Special Scientific Interest” (SSSI), see rare birds, flowers, mammals, insects.
Official response from QinetiQ
10 July 2019

We are a special company doing special things...kind of addictive doing unique work with great people. We are all on a journey to bring more value to our country and our customers.

We are proud of our environmental record and are always looking to improve. We take our responsibilities seriously as custodians of the many SSSIs and remote habitats that we look after.

Other QinetiQ Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Worcestershire9 November 2019
Management was shocking and disappointing. Several mangers were bullies and made several people leave.

High level managers were clueless in their approach to managing teams.

Staff are very closed and non friendly and don't like critical comments.
Work is demanding and rewarding
Snr Proj Mgr (Current Employee) –  Boscombe Down8 November 2019
I tend to start early every day, and because I do this others tend to copy. I find that being able to lead from the front with an activity like this means I have rapport with my staff. Every day we have a stand up and review the previous day and what went well and what did not, we offer help to anybody that needs it then when everybody agrees the days tasks we proceed to enjoy the day by delivering the set objectives. We do not micro manage. On Mondays other stakeholders are invited to come.

The workplace has deliverables daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly. These are tabulated and agreed with the team and the appropriate tasks are handed out. These are part of the drumbeat daily etc etc.

My team covers bidding against new opportunities to the delivering and all aspects in between.
Communication is a must and find that weekly telecoms with our customers puts us in a position that there are "No Surprises".

The team are able to cover for leave and short bouts of sickness as and when this happens as we try to multitask our skill set, we also try to have some depth regarding succession planning and the team also take on the added duty of mentoring and coaching other staff in the business. This is a culture within QinetiQ and our department contributes to this to make sure we can understand others skills within the business that we may be able to draw down on should this be necessary. This has mutual benefits

The question was what is the hardest part of the job, this aligns with the most rewarding. I find managing people and bringing out the best in them is
  more... a challenge, but, when you are able to achieve the aim that is better than delivering a large project.

Being able to offer diversity in a role helps, this is not always possible but we try. We also play to people's strengths and use others to fill the gaps.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ. Our community is ready to answer.