QinetiQ Employee Review

Revolving door management
Head of Cyber, Security & Influence (Former Employee) –  London18 May 2018
A great company with historical significance to our country. The mismanagement when going private damaged this organisation and the constantly changing management further hurts the business.
It's a shame because the staff are dedicated, intelligent and hardworking.
A steady hand at the helm would significantly boost the moral and delivery.
Pros
Heritage and dedicated staff
Cons
Managment
Official response from QinetiQ
10 July 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback and acknowledging the great heritage of our company. We recognise there have been significant challenges following privatisation. Since 2015 we have had far greater consistency in our leadership and management teams with clear vision and direction.

We have, and continue to, invest in our company leadership and management with a number of development programmes across the business which are producing positive results in our engagement feedback.

Like you, we recognise the dedication, intelligence and hard work of our people and we are very proud of what we do and our contribution to National Defence and Security.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Other QinetiQ Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Worcestershire9 November 2019
Management was shocking and disappointing. Several mangers were bullies and made several people leave.

High level managers were clueless in their approach to managing teams.

Staff are very closed and non friendly and don't like critical comments.
Work is demanding and rewarding
Snr Proj Mgr (Current Employee) –  Boscombe Down8 November 2019
I tend to start early every day, and because I do this others tend to copy. I find that being able to lead from the front with an activity like this means I have rapport with my staff. Every day we have a stand up and review the previous day and what went well and what did not, we offer help to anybody that needs it then when everybody agrees the days tasks we proceed to enjoy the day by delivering the set objectives. We do not micro manage. On Mondays other stakeholders are invited to come.

The workplace has deliverables daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly. These are tabulated and agreed with the team and the appropriate tasks are handed out. These are part of the drumbeat daily etc etc.

My team covers bidding against new opportunities to the delivering and all aspects in between.
Communication is a must and find that weekly telecoms with our customers puts us in a position that there are "No Surprises".

The team are able to cover for leave and short bouts of sickness as and when this happens as we try to multitask our skill set, we also try to have some depth regarding succession planning and the team also take on the added duty of mentoring and coaching other staff in the business. This is a culture within QinetiQ and our department contributes to this to make sure we can understand others skills within the business that we may be able to draw down on should this be necessary. This has mutual benefits

The question was what is the hardest part of the job, this aligns with the most rewarding. I find managing people and bringing out the best in them is
  more... a challenge, but, when you are able to achieve the aim that is better than delivering a large project.

Being able to offer diversity in a role helps, this is not always possible but we try. We also play to people's strengths and use others to fill the gaps.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ. Our community is ready to answer.