QinetiQ Employee Reviews for Intellectual Property Paralegal

3.3Pay & Benefits
3.1Job Security & Advancement
The work was excellent management and training awful
Intellectual Property (IP) Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farnborough14 November 2016
For this role (previously referred to as Trainee Intellectual Property (IP) Specialist) I was to be trained and support the legal team within the department.

this role included drafting of NDA's, Licence Agreements, Assignments, for review by the solicitors. In addition, I Had to learn company policy and procedures, when handling Intellectual Property and DEFCONs which by the end of December I had learned extensively.

Skills I learned: drafting, which has more recently become very relevant for me personally and I have since expanded on the knowledge developed from working there, I also learned the importance of keeping a log of every: correspondence, company policy, work on going/completed and especially dates of particular events.

The problems existed in that there was no follow up to tasks and no formal review process for my training, except once, which was never followed up from.

Co-workers: - brilliant, nice, efficient and all technically gifted and intelligent

Management: - Tough on everyone with little to no reason, bought the morale of the team down to levels I have never experienced before nor since in any situation where team work and leadership are vital qualities.

Most enjoyable: - Co-workers and carrying out tasks which did not rely on communicating with certain individuals that treated me indifferently.

Hardest part: - As it was a training role having to ask for help and that help not always forthcoming, if at all.
Pros
supportive colleges
Cons
management