Play YouTube video button

QinetiQ Employee Reviews in Farnborough

Interesting fun job
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire21 October 2019
after a shot experience I was introduced into the typical office life and I learnt lots about science through tours. the people are very friendly. comfortable work environment
Awful. Bullying. Horrible.
Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough2 June 2019
A disgusting horrible bullying culture. HR absolutely appalling. I saw many staff who had given years of good service to the company belittled and discredited when the company no longer wanted them, often due to economic circumstances beyond their control. Rather than pay redundancy HR made up cases against people and destroyed them. Under Leo in particular that was a common tactic. So many cases of people suffering stress, and even deaths from stress related illnesses.
Pros
Few
Cons
Vile management.
Official response from QinetiQ
10 July 2019

I empathise, although this is not the QinetiQ that I experience on a daily basis. Today's QinetiQ is exciting, innovative and we have a focus on well-being. Integrity is a core value which I see every day and we are encouraged to do the right thing.

Old fashioned.
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough15 March 2018
The company is not ready for the 21st Century. Significant changes in organisation and process are required before they will be able to move towards their desired aim of implementing an advanced ERP system.
Difficult enviroment
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire30 November 2017
The company is going through a lot of change and constantly changing direction without bringing people on side which makes it a challenging environment
Continual state of transformation
Technical Training Manager - QinetiQ Academy (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire28 November 2017
Qinetiq are in a continual state of transformation. While the executive group have a vision of the future, this is not transferred to all levels of the business.
Extremely rewarding place to work where one could learn much
Site Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough12 October 2017
A good environment where management required the services to be in place to support R&D at no expense.
The job covered a wide range of roles and gaining the MBA allowed progress in promotion and financial enhancements.
The job was tough at times but always supported by the Organisation.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Insecure World Market for Defence thereby all jobs were at Risk.
Great people and and culture
Communications Executive (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire24 September 2017
I have a had an opportunity to work in several roles and be mentored by a number of managers. Consequently I have learned a really comprehensive set of skills. I don't feel like I have the opportunity to advance in my role and I have a lot more to give which is not being recognised unfortunately. The people have been incredible but I need to focus on career progression now.
Pros
people, workplace culture, benefits
Cons
salary, career development, wellbeing
Challenging and varied working environment
Direct Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough6 September 2017
I worked at QintetiQ during its transition from Public Sector to a Private company. This was a fascinating and challenging role helping to bring about the cultural change required during this period of change.
Lovely company to work for pleasent and lovely staff
Project Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire30 January 2017
A typical day at work consisted of raising new network codes, new project codes and new activity codes. I was also responsible for closing down old codes. The management were kind and pleasant and a great office atmosphere
The work was excellent management and training awful
Intellectual Property (IP) Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farnborough14 November 2016
For this role (previously referred to as Trainee Intellectual Property (IP) Specialist) I was to be trained and support the legal team within the department.

this role included drafting of NDA's, Licence Agreements, Assignments, for review by the solicitors. In addition, I Had to learn company policy and procedures, when handling Intellectual Property and DEFCONs which by the end of December I had learned extensively.

Skills I learned: drafting, which has more recently become very relevant for me personally and I have since expanded on the knowledge developed from working there, I also learned the importance of keeping a log of every: correspondence, company policy, work on going/completed and especially dates of particular events.

The problems existed in that there was no follow up to tasks and no formal review process for my training, except once, which was never followed up from.

Co-workers: - brilliant, nice, efficient and all technically gifted and intelligent

Management: - Tough on everyone with little to no reason, bought the morale of the team down to levels I have never experienced before nor since in any situation where team work and leadership are vital qualities.

Most enjoyable: - Co-workers and carrying out tasks which did not rely on communicating with certain individuals that treated me indifferently.

Hardest part: - As it was a training role having to ask for help and that help not always forthcoming, if at all.
Pros
supportive colleges
Cons
management
Becoming more corporate
Consultancy Category Lead (Current Employee) –  Farnborough18 April 2016
Recent organisation changes should be good for QinetiQ and allow it to realise its potential. The most enjoyable part is to be able to develop my staff in an environment where no one day is the same.
An exciting and interesting company
Head of Procurement Systems Project (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Farnborough4 March 2016
• Development of automated approvals capability (SAP SRM). To include policies and processes to ensure compliance in line with business strategy
• Project management of technical and functional work streams to ensure delivery to business specification and agreed budget
• Management & development of training, change & communication strategies to launch new system capability and business processes
• Delivery of awareness road shows and training across 50 sites and approx. 3000 users with face to face, WebEx and e-learning methods
Full of Energy, Ethusiasim and Excitement
Deputy Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Farnborough15 February 2016
A typical day at work is Liaising with members of the Leadership team and delivering results.

The hardest part of my job is getting everyone to sit down and prepare a budget.

I love the engagement with people and delivering to deadlines, I am passionate about my work, but I am now looking for a new challenge.
Pros
Free Parking
Interesting, challenging work, and highly intelligent people
Engineering Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, ENG15 July 2015
An exciting organisation involved in deeply technical projects and advice provision, with some World-class capabilities and technologies. New management moving the business forward and trying to make it more commercially savvy, but still some way to go and overly bureaucratic in some areas. A great organisation for technical specialists, particularly with a knowledge of the Defence industry and UK MoD.
Pros
Good work/life balance in general, interesting work, great people
Cons
Still not as commercially savvy as it needs to be
Dedicated to perfection teams
Consultant Component Engineer (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, ENG27 June 2015
Finding solutions to challenges, when all others have given up, being the most enjoyable part of the job.
Co-workers, all polite & genuine
Pros
Adding Value
Cons
IT Services
It was a good company to work for
construction manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, ENG24 June 2015
I had a good time working for QinetiQ but unfortunately all good things come to an end. And they never pursued more works in this field.
Pros
excellent rates
Good working environment
Consultant, Human Performance (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, ENG10 March 2015
Friendly and comfortable place to work.
Experts in psychology, ergonomics and human factors.
Wide ranging content of research.
Challenging.
na
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough25 February 2015
Professional, pleasant, knowledgeable and experienced colleagues who were keen to achieve highly and for the long term, and ready to work the hours required.
Good place to work for
Capability Group Leader, Software Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough12 November 2014
Still gives great opportunity to work on a wide variety of important projects making working there very stimulating.

Very well suited for new graduates to gain experience, and those who have been with the company a long time.
Pros
Varied interesting work
Cons
None to be especially concerned about
Good but there are better alternatives
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, UK14 February 2014
Avoid as the management is only looking after themselves. No employee development.
Pros
Good spacious work environment
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ. Our community is ready to answer.