QCARE Employee Reviews

fun to work for
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Aberdare9 July 2018
it was a great company to work for I was sorry that they lost the contract for my local area it was great you didn't need to own your own car as there was always a company car for you
Cons
long hours but ok
Excellent training provided.
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Nantyglo, Blaenau Gwent15 June 2018
I received training relevant to the role before I started which helped me improve my personal skills. I would then put these skills into practice which helped me massively.
I love seeing different individuals each day and making positive changes to their lives.
Pros
Making positive changes to peoples' lives.
Cons
Low Salary
support worker
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Newport7 November 2017
Good company to work for, enjoyed meeting new people and working with different staff. The hardest part of the job was to no become emotionally involved with clients and become attached to them.
Pros
company cars
Cons
pay not great for what you do
Domicillary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest of Dean8 January 2017
i found the pay wasnt great for all the wear and tear on your car and tyres. your put under alot of stress having to do calls in a certain amount of time and having to rush to your next call, you never got to give people the care they fully needed due to time limits
Productive and fun work place
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Newport11 July 2016
Enjoy working among service users in the community. A typical day can consist of many calls, to few few. It's on a zero hour contract, so therefore, every day is different. Management are co operative, and help in any emergencies that may arise. Very supportive.
Work well within a team, as well as on own. Work well under pressure, and always offer a helping hand to co workers if needed.

Hardest part of the job, is not knowing what days you have off, and having telephone calls unexpectedly to work, when you do eventually book a holiday.
Pros
Availability on working hours.
Cons
Not knowing your weekly hours and days off.
Home care assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran18 March 2016
never given enough time with service users
always chasing your tail as theres not enough time
no travel time
zero hour contracts
out all day for maybe 3 calls
Hard work, stressful but so awarding
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Caldicot2 March 2016
a typical day would be hard work but awarding to see my clients
I learned to work well as a team or on my own
the management was very poor never could cover work so it would be down to us who enjoyed the job to pick up the hours (15hour shifts day after day)
the hardest part was seeing how some people are treated by there family.
the most enjoyable part was knowing I had made an impact on some ones life seeing there smile was enough to make my day worth it.
Pros
working with the girls in the comminuty
Never again
Care Assitant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS25 August 2015
Service users great. company and office not so great very unprofessional. very demanding and not family friendly. Long hours and minimum pay. No travel time.
Pros
Use of company car
hard working
care worker (Former Employee) –  newport14 July 2015
I love being able to make a difference in peoples lives, and meeting new staff and clients along the way. Long hours and very little driving time.Not fair about the cars being given to the same people.
Pros
Meeting new people
qcare
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS9 March 2015
i enjoy working at qcare all the staff are friendly and nice to each other. the hardest part of working with elderly is when your favourite service use whom normally makes you life is in pain you cant talk to them but you wish that they didn't feel the way they feeling but at the same time you know there's nothing you can do about it. management at qcare is perfect, I have learned how to be patient with the service and their family. the most enjoyable part of this job is being able to listen to the story that happened before you was even born the patient being able to share the story with you.;
Qcare
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  EBBW VALE15 January 2014
normal home care duties e.g. personal care,administrate medication, cooking cleaning all domestic chores