QCARE

QCARE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
The Service Users are absolutely fabulous, but some of the office staff who used to be Support workers and are now in the office the power has gone to their heads and they like to throw their weight around, thinking that their better than you.
Worst company I have ever worked for.. the office staff treat you like animals, they will make you work 17 hour shifts with no break, they will promise extra pay and you will never get it. You will have no social life
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
I am currently working for Qcare and I must say they are by far the best care company to work for. I have worked for a number of agencies and had previously been treated like a 'dog's body' The Blaenau Gwent Branch and staff have treated me with respect when I went through a difficult time. They always ring to ask if overtime is wanted instead of expecting you to do it. This is the happiest I've been in a while!
Management treat you like robots. Apparently its not in your availability to have a day off if you are full time. pay is disgusting I would be out working 60 hours a week but because it is minutely pay I would be told that I have only worked 25 hours. also for those 60 hours I would only get £900 a month max. no social life, disgusting amount of hours with no breaks unless you cut calls, which is illegal.
Pros
company car
Cons
everything
Training is up to date, very supportive management will always try their hardest with any issue brought to their attention... I feel very supportive in my role by other staff members and office staff .. promotes career building within the company and encourages nvq learning... Able to pick my own hours which suit my family life
Pros
Rewarding and supportive company
it was a great company to work for I was sorry that they lost the contract for my local area it was great you didn't need to own your own car as there was always a company car for you
Cons
long hours but ok
I received training relevant to the role before I started which helped me improve my personal skills. I would then put these skills into practice which helped me massively.
I love seeing different individuals each day and making positive changes to their lives.
Pros
Making positive changes to peoples' lives.
Cons
Low Salary
Good company to work for, enjoyed meeting new people and working with different staff. The hardest part of the job was to no become emotionally involved with clients and become attached to them.
Pros
company cars
Cons
i found the pay wasnt great for all the wear and tear on your car and tyres. your put under alot of stress having to do calls in a certain amount of time and having to rush to your next call, you never got to give people the care they fully needed due to time limits
Enjoy working among service users in the community. A typical day can consist of many calls, to few few. It's on a zero hour contract, so therefore, every day is different. Management are co operative, and help in any emergencies that may arise. Very supportive.
Work well within a team, as well as on own. Work well under pressure, and always offer a helping hand to co workers if needed.

Hardest part of the job, is not knowing what days you have off, and having telephone calls unexpectedly to work, when you do eventually book a holiday.
Pros
Availability on working hours.
Cons
Not knowing your weekly hours and days off.
never given enough time with service users
always chasing your tail as theres not enough time

no travel time

zero hour contracts

out all day for maybe 3 calls
a typical day would be hard work but awarding to see my clients
I learned to work well as a team or on my own

the management was very poor never could cover work so it would be down to us who enjoyed the job to pick up the hours (15hour shifts day after day)

the hardest part was seeing how some people are treated by there family.

the most enjoyable part was knowing I had made an impact on some ones life seeing there smile was enough to make my day worth it.
Pros
working with the girls in the comminuty
Cons
Service users great. company and office not so great very unprofessional. very demanding and not family friendly. Long hours and minimum pay. No travel time.
Pros
Use of company car
I love being able to make a difference in peoples lives, and meeting new staff and clients along the way. Long hours and very little driving time.Not fair about the cars being given to the same people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
i enjoy working at qcare all the staff are friendly and nice to each other. the hardest part of working with elderly is when your favourite service use whom normally makes you life is in pain you cant talk to them but you wish that they didn't feel the way they feeling but at the same time you know there's nothing you can do about it. management at qcare is perfect, I have learned how to be patient with the service and their family. the most enjoyable part of this job is being able to listen to the story that happened before you was even born the patient being able to share the story with you.;
normal home care duties e.g. personal care,administrate medication, cooking cleaning all domestic chores