QA Limited

Great culture and support
enjoyable work environment

Flexible working

Training available for staff ,

Mainly remote work via Teams due to covid however enjoyable client visits
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Limited support
Generally a nice environemnt to work in. The people are what make QA what it is today. The company culture is amazing. Majority of the work force are happy to work for QA.
Great place to work, enthusiastic staff, good leadership, always engaging with clients. Over 20 centres throughout the UK, allowing employees to experience all kinds of exciting and diverse culture.
Very focused on money, it’s very cut throat and if you’re not hitting your targets you will be shown the door.
I did find the base salary was reasonable, but quickly learnt that money isn’t everything. I’m very thick skinned myself and used to working in sales but was having weekly breakdowns here. At the time micromanagement was a huge focus but I believe this manager has since left. There was one day I was in floods of tears at my desk and the manager asked “what do you have coming in today” he didn’t once ask me if I was okay I also did 8 hours overtime, when I asked if I was allowed 30mins of this back (from two weeks before) his response was “we can’t keep rolling these hours over be cautious when applying this is for QA directory and not specifically for working as an apprentice
The majority of learners were there due to their organisations wanting to use the Apprenticeship levy rather than for personal or professional learning. This led to a number of negative conversations with learners in regards to time to commit, desire to attend and the commitment from their employers.
I worked there over 10 years ago. Work OK, management were decent but then the company was brought out, as with most mini organisation with greater ambition - as soon as the new management came on board the culture began to change. Shame really, but no surprise!
I wouldn't advise people to apply. Toxic atmosphere. Fairly ruthless and brutgal the way that they treat their employees. Far too many people who have been with the company for far too long.
Stressful targets and heavy workloads that lead to no progression or bonuses.
Poor management - never there to conduct 1-2-1s and directors don't acknowledge you.

No support for anything including mental health - especially during redundancy.

However, my super crazy and caring team mates made my time there unforgettable!
It is a fast-paced environment, working collaboratively with Account Managers in seeking to place candidates with a particular company to complete an IT apprenticeship. I have gained a wide range of skills, however, the commission is very poor.
QA was a fast paced environment to work in, but I prefer that. I would of loved to have stayed at QA but our programme was phased out Traineeships.
Great people, great teams, great locations to work in
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at QA Limited?
Over the last 8 years working at QA I have learned and developed as a person and individual. I have made some great friends and QA as a whole is a fantastic place to work.
Working for QA has been a challenging experience.
I had the opportunity to learn a new set of skills both technical and personal.

The deadlines to meet are very strict. This means working extra hard to be able to meet them.

The working culture is one of the best. My colleagues are extremely professional and fun to work with.

Every time I needed help, I always found open doors.

The directors are available for explanations/help when needed.
No work/life balance, relentless pressure

Working multiple hours outside of contract hours

Outdated and manual processes, extremely high attrition rate and high employee turnover
Is more of a sales company rather than a training provider. They are more interested in increasing sales by 20% than the actual delivery of training and the wellbeing.
Too many management and structural changes
Very fast paced and no pay rises

Overworked and rarely recognised

Team members are lovely make you feel like a family
Was a very stressful company to work for, they do not look after there staff at all. Just pile the work on and no job satisfaction. To much management. You are watched going to the toilet and can not talk to anyone without being pulled up that you are talking to much. Very depressing and stressful place to work. Run while you can .....
The people are great but the managers won't help you and it seems like they are against you unless you're their favourite. you could be smashing target and you'll still get told of like a child if you don't hit your daily quota on call minutes.
A reallly lovely workplace with amazing people, really close knitted family well atleast in the marketing department. Was mostly a relaxed atmosphere so you really felt at home. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
This company is awful, the staff dropped me as a candidate after i left the job placement due to unforeseen circumstances, they promised to re-locate me to another placement for the duration of my apprenticeship however due to their mismanagement they were unable to do so, taking months at a time to respond to emails.

overall bad management.
Company wears a very unwelcoming attitude. It gives negative vibes even to the job applicant. I think same sentiment is echoing in many employees' voice. One of the run of the mill kind of Higher Education organisation in London ....like other private HE colleges in UK including London.
Started the job with high hopes, believing the company to be forward thinking, a place to advance my career and the employees to be friendly and welcoming.

This was not the case at all! I found many of the employees to be rude and unwelcoming. In the whole time I was there, I never felt as if I was part of the team and often felt ignored. Perhaps because I did not participate in the conceited gossip about other colleagues in the office or get involved in office politics...

There is NO FLEXIBILITY whatsoever in regards to work hours, being able to work from home and was even dictated as to when I should take my lunch break!

The company pays well but then expects ALOT from you, with a demanding work schedule which forces you to start early and stay till late in the office on most days. Management is under the illusion that all employees should be doing this and does not respect the need for a work/life balance.

Once resigning, I could understand the high staff turnover within the company.
Pros
Pays ok but then does want your blood in return!
Cons
Long hours, highly demanding and poorly managed!