Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom374 reviews
Fantastic company to work with holding fast to very high standards of work and customer service, I have yet to have a better working experience I any other company.
Pros
Endless opportunity
Cons
Salary is below average
There are so many management levels it’s sometimes quite difficult to speak to someone when needed. They have someone called a Relationship Leader who is your direct line manager - but you rarely see them, and you have a Career Coach who advises you with your day to day work life at the company. You also have Team Leaders who line manage you and you would work with them on a daily basis.
The benefits they provide are good, such as employee assistance line and private healthcare
Pros
Relaxed company
Cons
HR department
as with all large organisations there is a hierarchy and a set of behaviours required to succeed here, but if you do it is a great place to work and develop your career
Its just Great to work here,
Very Nice work culture.

Very Nice management.

Very Nice office facilities.

Very nice locations in London.

Flexibility to work from home
Focused and competitive - don't care about people, though. I really don't want to write this review, so I'll not be adding extra information about the company.
Plenty of opportunities available if you take the initiative to network. Very collaborative nature of work using video meetings regularly. Enjoyable and challenging work - very people focused.
Excellent place to work. The environment, offices and people were extremely pleasant. Fast paced but supportive and encouraging team. Would highly recommend.
Management are ok. Job can be stressful at times. Depending on what role you take work and life balance is not the best. Workplace culture is competitive.
Good atmosphere with people that are welcoming and easy to get on with.

If you like working in an office then I highly recommend. If not, then do not apply.
I was based in PwC Operate. It is without a doubt the most stressful workplace I've experienced. The QC's have zero experience and they will never stand over the information they give you, you will end up doing a piece of work 2 or 3 times due to conflicting/incorrect information from the teams. Operate is not really part of PwC, it's an agency essentially and operate staff are very much not treated as part of the firm (no entitlement to benefits etc for the first year). The pay is very low but you can survive on brand recognition so that's ok I guess. Any staff with talent leave within the year and those that stay don't have any other options. Basically if your very early career with no experience then go for it until you can move on to somewhere else, if your experienced then there are a lot of better firms and options out there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?
The staff at PwC are absolutely incredible! I have had a such a great experience working there and would definitely consider going back. There is always something to learn and opportunities to grow.
Grew my knowledge of the a financial services firm. Worked with people dedicated to investing time and effort into allowing me to complete tasks such as financial service reports etc
The workplace is very modern and accommodating, colleagues are very friendly. However it is quite a difficult and demanding job, you will need to learn very quickly. So only apply if you have done your research about the job role and believe you can handle this fast-pace environment.
Productive work space with ample learning experience. Learnt to work with clients from different domains and background. PwC also provides good learning platform to help you grow in any field.
Great company for learning new skills. Constantly being challenged. Great benefits but no opportunity for progression/pay increase unless you are acca qualified..
Fast paced environment.
Long hours.

Boring work as a graduate - No emphasis on learning technical tax knowledge.

Lots of opportunities for flexible working.
Very political with partners that have large egos. Doesnt foster a high performance culture but rather a high networking culture. Quality of work and progression is almost entirely dependent on who you know amongst senior management.

All in all a very poor environment to work in.
cosmopolitan and diverse work place with an emphasis on youth. Management operate an open door policy. People are encouraged to take responsibility early for their work
Pros
Good canteen
Cons
No gym
17 years of service at PwC. Have managed to secure a good network of Senior Stakeholders. PwC actively encourages people to move into other roles in the firm to meet their career aspirations.
In the team I worked in, management were unresponsive and not supportive. Work was stressful and you were help accountable for things that should not be your responsibility. You were just expected to get on with it and regardless of voices worries, nothing changed. Salary not in line with amount of work and responsibility you have.
decent place and people at this workplace everything is fast paced as we have client work but its great to work in everyone is friendly we have great leaders