PwC Employee Reviews

Found 292 reviews matching the search See all 6,036 reviews
Not a great place to work
Tax Manger (Current Employee) –  Embankement7 November 2018
PWC took over the GE tax department from GE worldwide. They expected us to initially work on 100% of GE work but this was reduced to 60% and subsequently 50%. This was not a great situation as how are you able to complete your work only having 50% charge out rate. GE did not do us any favours when transferring to PWC.
Excellent place for graduates, not that much for experienced hires
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 November 2018
PwC is a highly political place where progressing depends pretty much on personal relationships rather than merits.

On the other hand, one can have different opportunities across clients, making the experience more bearable.

There are usually mixed signals from management so its difficult to read where the whole thing is going towards.

Peers are great but personal interests always prevails.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
politics, lack of progression
Varied work but in a negative, blame culture
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  England1 November 2018
PwC offers a huge variety of work which means you learn a lot and get to work with interesting clients. The high pressure environment means you get take on more responsibility than in other environments e.g. presenting proposals to boards and attending audit committees. There are good social events and the offices are nice.

Unfortunately, these positive aspects are let down by the culture at PwC. Management only cares about winning new work or sending people on secondment so that they will get the large fees. Management are not interested in listening to staff requests for personal development.

As soon as anything goes wrong, management look to blame those below them. The blame culture rewards managers who manage to shift blame rather than those who honestly reflect on what everyone could have done better. This culture makes everything your responsibility so if there is a problem, it is up to you to show PwC that you can sort it out without any help. If you are given extra tasks to do, it is your responsibility to work to midnight to get them done. If you ask for help, management will just say it is up to you to sort it.

PwC dangles the hope of promotions in front of people to get them to work harder and say yes to all requests (travelling at short notice). They say they are open and that the best people will get promoted but at the end of the day it all comes to business cases/ wishes of the partners and not the best candidates.

Pwc is below the market in terms of package and pay.

PwC looks great on your CV and gives you great opportunities but I would gain
  more... the experience and then move on somewhere else for the promotion. It is not worth the stress of engaging with the promotion system at PwC, when you can simply apply with positions elsewhere.  less
Pros
Nice offices, interesting young staff who are motivated, variety of clients, opportunities
Cons
Any care for people is trumped by PwC's bottom line, negative culture which rewards managers who blame more junior staff, long hours, travelling at short notice, low pay for industry
Tough but fun workplace
Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge29 October 2018
A tough and pressuring work place, however a great place to learn a lot about finance and meet great people. The hours worked were often difficult, however there is a sense of appreciation from seniors. There is a rigid promotion structure in place which is beneficial to those starting out their career.
An average day
Senior Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  London25 October 2018
One of the most rewarding positions I was fortunate to hold. High level of day to day customer interaction resolving customers technical issues on site. There is nothing more satisfying then working alongside a happy customer. Also knowing you have 100% support from your employer and the ongoing support from the team back in the office at HQ. There was never any aspect of the role that was difficult. The company also had a all for one and one for all policy from the MD down. Generally a great policy and great business to work for.
Pros
You felt valued
Challenging and interesting work
Assurance summer internship (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 October 2018
The hours were long, but the work was very interesting and different each day. The highlight was the people you work with. Mangers were always happy to help and answer questions and made you feel welcome.
internship experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ilfov15 October 2018
Practice for a month inside the department of audit and business consulting. The main activity was to set up a business simulation, based on team competition for the best business project, with prize money for the winning team. This internship was an interesting experience due to the opportunity to put the theory into practice and test the real business market.

My opinion is only relevant regarding the internship. I can not review any work experience.
Good place to grow and learn
Data and Analytics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Provincia di Milano, Lombardia26 September 2018
Good place to grow and learn.
Very good colleagues.
Strong autonomy is given from the first days.
Working for the biggest Italian companies allows to learn the most used and requested tools.
Pros
Strong autonomy is given from the first days. Good place to grow.
Cons
Not so stimulating tasks
Flexible and innovative
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London15 September 2018
Great company and good opportunities to progress. No day is the same, you need to be agile and willing to withstand challenge. Lot of investment in Technology and flexibile working is encouraged.
Very busy and very varied.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire14 September 2018
Mostly typing letters, reports, answering phone, filing. Working within a team was very good and helping others.

Hours were long and often stayed on to finish reports. Loved working with the accountants, lots of social events and opportunities to learn.
Pros
Varied day
Cons
Long hours if needed

Want to know more about PwC?

Ask a question
auditor
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool9 September 2018
I worked here a long time ago but it was a great place to work and I wish I had stayed and worked in the business world rather than in education. People respect you more in business
Top class professional environment
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim4 September 2018
A typical day starts with team spirit and professionalism. There is always something to learn either within the organisation or from third party organisations. Management is highly professional and the workplace culture is next to none. The hardest part is being able to gather highly sensitive business information required for decision making and the most enjoyable part of it is the sigh of relief when the information or the final product is processed and delivered as required, within the set target.
All that glitters
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  London2 September 2018
Good firm for establishing one's career, but limited possibilities for upward mobility in culture which rewards conformity. Experience completely depends on supervising partner.
Pros
Brand name
Cons
Constraining, oppressive culture
Work Experience
assistant consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 September 2018
I did work experience at PWC which was a great insight into a professional career.
I completed a lot of research into Artificial Intelligence which I then used for my Extended Project Qualification whilst at Sixth Form.
Client Account Executive (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London30 August 2018
A great place to work. Teams are very integrated and support is readily available.

As well as understanding and mastering all financial variables and the impact they have towards the engagement. I have become proficient at examining the profit variance and budgeting of the services the firm has to offer. This role is very financially orientated which has enhanced my financial skills to date.
Pros
Great teamwork, Great Progression
very productive but stressful
Financial Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Luxembourg12 August 2018
I loved my internship in this company. I had the possibility to work with different companies (clients) which was very useful. I developed myself in this business area. Best place to make networking.
Easily the worst collections department I have ever worked in
Collections (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire7 August 2018
I worked at the Southampton Office in the collections team, taken on a ‘Temp-Perm’ contract. Friends in the sector had warned me about the collections department at PWC and said how ruthless it is - but I thought it couldn’t be that bad. The week I started I was given ‘training’ by a permanent member of staff who did very little other than look on Facebook all day. Temporary or temp - perm members of staff was treated terribly. I had to take my laptop home to work on the collections I hadent managed to get through in the day but despite being with an agency - PwC expected you to do the extra time for free! I raised a concern about invoices not being received by alot of clients but was shot down by one of the team leaders and the collections manager and told it was my fault for not asking the client why the invoice hadent be received! There was a ‘Cull’ of temp staff monthly where out of the blue on a Friday afternoon they were taken out of the office one by one and told not to come back on Monday.. They deceived temp - perm staff into thinking there was a job vacancy after you finished your temp contract when in fact they get rid of you before you have any rights as an employee. At one point a gentleman took a day off holiday and was called and told not to come back - they wouldnt give him a reason why so he came to the office and sat in reception and said he wouldnt move until someone explained to him what their reasons for getting rid of him were - but the collections manager was so gutless that she wouldnt go and see him and instead let him stew there all afternoon  more... until he left. I told the collections manager of a pre booked holiday and she told me to go back to my desk and think of a way I can make the time up. You were given a monthly review in which they told you how you had done and was score you got, they checked notes for spellings etc and if you miss typed something it would lower your score, but you weren’t allowed to use a spell checker before posting your note on the account?!
I can’t begin to explain how demoralising it was working there, I have over 25 years of credit control experience, but working for PwC made me lose confidence I myself - which took a while for me to get back once i started working elsewhere.
Pros
Blue chip company on your CV
Cons
Bad management, bad ethics, bullying and bad pay
great experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London7 August 2018
Fun place to get experience and work although I was constantly told that progression was about networking and who you know not what you know. Great customers and colleagues.
Great starting point
Senior Associate, Assurance (Current Employee) –  Edmonton2 August 2018
Work is interesting; hours are long. PwC is a great workplace for those that are motivated and ambitious, as well as those interested in pursuing audit as a career choice. Also a great place to meet clients.
Yes, it's BIG4 but it is not Deloitte
Salesforce Architect (Former Employee) –  London25 July 2018
Unlike Deloitte, culture at PwC is different. You can see things you will never encounter at Deloitte. PwC was late to SFDC game so they acquired a lot companies and - unlike at Deloitte - it impacted culture. If you came from BIG4 you expect certain standards that simply not exists at PwC. It's clear PwC wants to become main power in SDFC but they should be careful about not losing BIG4 culture. What I saw didn't fell like BIG4.
Pros
Great company with great legacy
Cons
Culture is very hard to find work life balance there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K