PwC Employee Reviews

Very busy and very varied.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire14 September 2018
Mostly typing letters, reports, answering phone, filing. Working within a team was very good and helping others.

Hours were long and often stayed on to finish reports. Loved working with the accountants, lots of social events and opportunities to learn.
Pros
Varied day
Cons
Long hours if needed
auditor
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool9 September 2018
I worked here a long time ago but it was a great place to work and I wish I had stayed and worked in the business world rather than in education. People respect you more in business
Top class professional environment
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim4 September 2018
A typical day starts with team spirit and professionalism. There is always something to learn either within the organisation or from third party organisations. Management is highly professional and the workplace culture is next to none. The hardest part is being able to gather highly sensitive business information required for decision making and the most enjoyable part of it is the sigh of relief when the information or the final product is processed and delivered as required, within the set target.
All that glitters
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  London2 September 2018
Good firm for establishing one's career, but limited possibilities for upward mobility in culture which rewards conformity. Experience completely depends on supervising partner.
Pros
Brand name
Cons
Constraining, oppressive culture
Work Experience
assistant consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 September 2018
I did work experience at PWC which was a great insight into a professional career.
I completed a lot of research into Artificial Intelligence which I then used for my Extended Project Qualification whilst at Sixth Form.
Client Account Executive (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London30 August 2018
A great place to work. Teams are very integrated and support is readily available.

As well as understanding and mastering all financial variables and the impact they have towards the engagement. I have become proficient at examining the profit variance and budgeting of the services the firm has to offer. This role is very financially orientated which has enhanced my financial skills to date.
Pros
Great teamwork, Great Progression
very productive but stressful
Financial Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Luxembourg12 August 2018
I loved my internship in this company. I had the possibility to work with different companies (clients) which was very useful. I developed myself in this business area. Best place to make networking.
Easily the worst collections department I have ever worked in
Collections (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire7 August 2018
I worked at the Southampton Office in the collections team, taken on a ‘Temp-Perm’ contract. Friends in the sector had warned me about the collections department at PWC and said how ruthless it is - but I thought it couldn’t be that bad. The week I started I was given ‘training’ by a permanent member of staff who did very little other than look on Facebook all day. Temporary or temp - perm members of staff was treated terribly. I had to take my laptop home to work on the collections I hadent managed to get through in the day but despite being with an agency - PwC expected you to do the extra time for free! I raised a concern about invoices not being received by alot of clients but was shot down by one of the team leaders and the collections manager and told it was my fault for not asking the client why the invoice hadent be received! There was a ‘Cull’ of temp staff monthly where out of the blue on a Friday afternoon they were taken out of the office one by one and told not to come back on Monday.. They deceived temp - perm staff into thinking there was a job vacancy after you finished your temp contract when in fact they get rid of you before you have any rights as an employee. At one point a gentleman took a day off holiday and was called and told not to come back - they wouldnt give him a reason why so he came to the office and sat in reception and said he wouldnt move until someone explained to him what their reasons for getting rid of him were - but the collections manager was so gutless that she wouldnt go and see him and instead let him stew there all afternoon  more... until he left. I told the collections manager of a pre booked holiday and she told me to go back to my desk and think of a way I can make the time up. You were given a monthly review in which they told you how you had done and was score you got, they checked notes for spellings etc and if you miss typed something it would lower your score, but you weren’t allowed to use a spell checker before posting your note on the account?!
I can’t begin to explain how demoralising it was working there, I have over 25 years of credit control experience, but working for PwC made me lose confidence I myself - which took a while for me to get back once i started working elsewhere.
Pros
Blue chip company on your CV
Cons
Bad management, bad ethics, bullying and bad pay
great experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London7 August 2018
Fun place to get experience and work although I was constantly told that progression was about networking and who you know not what you know. Great customers and colleagues.
Great starting point
Senior Associate, Assurance (Current Employee) –  Edmonton2 August 2018
Work is interesting; hours are long. PwC is a great workplace for those that are motivated and ambitious, as well as those interested in pursuing audit as a career choice. Also a great place to meet clients.
Yes, it's BIG4 but it is not Deloitte
Salesforce Architect (Former Employee) –  London25 July 2018
Unlike Deloitte, culture at PwC is different. You can see things you will never encounter at Deloitte. PwC was late to SFDC game so they acquired a lot companies and - unlike at Deloitte - it impacted culture. If you came from BIG4 you expect certain standards that simply not exists at PwC. It's clear PwC wants to become main power in SDFC but they should be careful about not losing BIG4 culture. What I saw didn't fell like BIG4.
Pros
Great company with great legacy
Cons
Culture is very hard to find work life balance there
Smart problem solvers and challenging projects
Risk Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  London15 July 2018
PwC is perfect for someone who likes variety and likes keeping busy. There are incredibly intelligent problem solvers and a big coaching culture. Clients can be demanding and we always deliver, so worklife balance is usually the compromise - but flexible working is the norm, so you do get some control back.
Great
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Leeds14 July 2018
I loved working for PwC all staff and employees were so welcoming and caring! I enjoyed my time there and would definitely reccomend to other individuals who are interested in business.
Great salary and development, horrible culture
Project Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 July 2018
You will always receive a great salary here and many many development career-paths and opportunities. However the culture is hugely blame based, very politically driven and just a cold environment to work for. I will never step through those doors again, period.
Pros
healthcare, many other benefits
Cons
cold culture
Hard working , helpful
Junior Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 July 2018
The culture within this office is to help all members whenever they need help. Any question asked is not silly and you are able to build a team environment
Pwc
Client Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bristol12 July 2018
My typical working day consisted of handling queries from the auditing team and clients, reports, budgets and risk management. We were expected to manage our time and workload independently and have a clear understanding of how our role affects the business. The social side of the job was better than any of the previous companies I have worked for.
Productive and fun place to work
Backstage crew member (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 July 2018
Really fun was a back stage crew member. You learn various skills on the job and are abLe to watch pantomime's and events live for free. Staff are kind and job isn't ever boring.
Pros
Free shows
Cons
Data Protection and Privacy Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 July 2018
Great place to work and very flexible. You are pushed to reach your full potential and to take on work that is both challenging and rewarding. Great people who are very intelligent.
Good company
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2018
Price Waterhouse were a good employer with a flexible benefits scheme. My role was an internal one monitoring PWC's performance and budgeting with responsibility for properties
Good experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London26 June 2018
Good experience great place to get an insight into the corporate workplace and how daily life occurs there with client meetings, partner meetiings, team meetings, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K