PwC Employee Reviews

Great experience
lead presenter (Current Employee) –  Falmouth13 June 2018
Very wholesome, involved in solving real business challenges. Experienced life through a professionals eyes and felt involved and challenged throughout
Efficient and structured environment
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 June 2018
I worked there under a work experience scheme and found everyone I worked with to be very friendly and each person within the company knew what they needed to be doing and it felt as though you were a part of a well oiled machine.
Excelente Empresa
Senior Associate - Lawyer (Former Employee) –  Londres22 May 2018
Empresa excelente para se trabalhar. O apoio ao desenvolvimento professional é bem claro e acessível a todos. Somente sai porque tiver que mudar para outro país.
Good at first experience in finance as a school
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom21 May 2018
* PwC has a great workplace with exactly professional culture.

* Just like I was a student to learn about finance and audit in PwC. I learned many things about finance such as company organization, how to effect financials by management decision, how to audit financials some determined risky etc.

* I have improved management skill in PwC. I lead my team's many projects as an experienced senior associate. How to manage difficult situations by not effect to my team. I shared my abilities with them.

* Finally I learn about that how to use my timing skills because I could manage my working time.
Pros
Learning area
Great Place To Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Isle Of Man2 May 2018
One of the best places to work, established policies and procedures
Great work life balance
Good pay and rewards structure
Supportive environment to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London22 April 2018
PwC is a great place to work, excellent learning and development opportunities within the organisation. Opportunities to work on a diverse set of clients and industries.
too structured for being innovative
Associate / Manager (Former Employee) –  London10 April 2018
A very structured environment where people are "resources" that need to be utilised 100%. I don't argue as it was the business model there. Positive was the opportunity to work with different clients and colleagues on different assignments, often too short to do anything meaningful there.
Good Brand & People
Director (Former Employee) –  London10 April 2018
Good Brand & People.

Good training ground for more junior staff

Collaboration varies across business - some units in direct competition with one another
Productive and fun place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London6 April 2018
Lots of variety. Great administrative role. Lots of training/perks. People were great to work for and with. The location was first class. A great job.
Pros
Lots of perks - pension, good pay, flexible hours
Productive workplace
UK Workflow Coordinator (temp) (Former Employee) –  Embankment Station5 April 2018
Very technical place to work with a wide range of opportunities. The work/social balance is right and often the hours were fair even during peak hours.
Pros
Great facilities
Cons
Temporary contracts

Want to know more about PwC?

Ask a question
Typical Day
Associate (Current Employee) –  UK2 April 2018
A typical day includes checking and responding to emails, various meetings - both internally and externally, working with different teams in order to complete work.
Stable place to work
PA to Partner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 March 2018
Spent over 20 years at PwC in various roles.

Was great until they brought in Secretarial Services and outsourced PA recruitment.

Culture changed and not so enjoyable.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
London hours
It isn't all happy singy dancing people
Business recovery (Former Employee) –  London9 March 2018
It was a good experience, I enjoyed the social life but other than that I wouldn't go back there if my life depended on it. I'm now typing to meet the minimum criteria
Fantastic work ethic, atmosphere and well looked after
Global Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  London Bridge1 March 2018
Love working at PwC, there is a fantastic work ethic, atmosphere and you feel very well looked after in the organisation.

A really great place to work, very happy here.
Good company to work for.
Mobile Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London27 February 2018
PwC has good values, and are a good company to work for.

They are flexible, along with great employee and healthcare benefits, and has a good work culture.
Challenging place to work
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2018
Currently facing challenging times which does give rise to working opportunities. Constantly trying to change the workplace culture so that they are still seen as an employer of choice.
Pros
The people.
Cons
May have to work long hours at certain times of the year.
Augment - Graduate Revolving Door
Associate Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Belfast24 February 2018
Although still a young business, PwC Augment is growing extremely quickly. However, this does not necessarily translate into the fantastic opportunities the recruitment process will lead you to believe. Entry level staff is made up of recent graduates from courses that are traditionally difficult to find work (E.g. Geography, Psychology). Staff retention rates are extremely poor. Within 12 months of starting, many of the "experienced" staff had left for better paid jobs elsewhere. Opportunity for career and personal development is teased but it is almost impossible to get time away from a project to fulfill any of these.

Staff are frequently reminded that, although similar jobs are better paid elsewhere, nowhere can offer the "brand recognition" of PwC. This is to say that future employers will recognise the value of having spent time working with such a large firm. This is ironic, as Augment is frequently made to feel separate from the rest of the firm. Many of the firm's benefits are open to all staff, except Augment, and when attempting to move to another department in the firm, Augment staff are treated as external hires.

Perhaps the biggest flaw I found in my particular project was constant change. Policy and process changes on a near daily basis to the point that taking one or two days off on leave can result in you spending the rest of the week catching up.

Workloads are not balanced whatsoever, and the best performing teams often end up picking up slack. This is rarely, if ever, recognised or rewarded.

Overall, PwC Augment isn't a bad start to a recent
  more... graduate's career. You will gain valuable knowledge of financial services. However, the cons quickly outweigh the pros and you will find yourself looking for alternative employment sooner rather than later.  less
Pros
Good entry level position in Financial Services
Cons
Lack of recognition, Relatively poor pay scale, Lack of upward mobility leads to constantly changing staff
Global advisory services
Director (Former Employee) –  UAE13 February 2018
PwC promotes a culture of excellence in delivering value to clients and solving their complex business issues with pragmatic solutions that can be implemented.
Loved working at Price Waterhouse
Secretarial Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2018
Not an easy place to work. Very high standard required and the ability to work under a great deal of pressure. But, wonderful people to work with. Also very interesting work. Lots of opportunities to advance career.
Pros
Challenging, busy place which I love.
Structured, smart and interesting
Trainee Auditor (Former Employee) –  London8 February 2018
The opportunity to have this type of work straight from school was a real eye opener and a great introduction to a brilliant company who invest heavily into their workforce. Although the work sometimes was a little tedious and lacked creativity, the team were fun and interesting - which on balance made it happy place to be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.

52K