Purplebricks UK Employee Reviews

Senior estate agent -Live Chat Team (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands8 October 2019
I had worked at PB for 3 years and enjoyed every minute of it. It has a great atmosphere and happy people.

Very busy place, hard work is a must! But once you get the hang of it all, its amazing!

Loved it!
Great team, poorly managed
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands10 September 2019
Really got a long with the people at purple bricks but the management has changed and there is a lack of interest in getting people to where they need to be, unprofessional management styles leaving team morale low.
productive
Viewing Agent (Former Employee) –  Kent4 August 2019
the job involved constant use of mobile to communicate with clients and was difficult to spend time away from work also the pay for a viewing assistant is minimal as petrol each month is very high
not fun or productive enoough
Central Property Expert (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands9 July 2019
Not what its explained to be. The hours are changing to non office hours, the management are terrible, the office looks like a shambles, your always being watched and interrogated, there's no real rules or procedures, its not a real office, everyone is always leaving including the CEO. The systems are always failing, the training is a waste of time, there's never any progression, they always have their favourites picked out for them. I think everyone works so hard and we dont get paid enough for the job that we do, the way the job role is put out to you is nothing compared to the actual job itself.
I could go on and on.
Pros
hour break
Cons
hours and complete job role is draining
Best Company I have worked for
Not Disclosed (Former Employee) –  Solihull19 June 2019
Having worked at PurpleBricks for nearly 10 months, I have found the company to be very engaging with staff at all levels.

The communications have significant increased over the last 5 Months.

The working environment is improving all the time with new investments in facilities etc.

Having worked at many contact centres over the past years, I find certainly PurpleBricks is very unique in its culture - which some people either like it or hate it.

Pros
Environment, Staff, Rewards, Culture
Cons
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Academy member/accompanied viewing assistant (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire16 June 2019
I was sold the job of academy member taking young people who want to become estate agents and training them. I was told 10 months progress. It’s not month 9 and all I have done is viewings. I don’t even know how to do anything else. I have a massive area to cover and on a wage of £1200 and forking our £500+ a month just for the fuel to go to work is a JOKE. my advise would be NEVER WORK FOR PURPLEBRICKS. SELFISH COMPANY AND SUCH A CON.
Cons
Empty promises and pay decreased as and when the management feel like it. If you are a viewing guide be prepared not to make any money.
Viewing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent14 June 2019
When a new property comes on you will receive a small amount of £80.00 but the property could be on the market for a year and you will only get that one off amount of £80.00
When there are no new properties you do not get paid.
No fuel allowance
Have to let surveyors in, nothing for that
Backwards and forwards for nothing.
Only do this job if you have plenty of money and do not mind being pestered by applicants and vendors asking questions and no thanks from management.
Have to constantly ask for your money.
No meetings with management
General dogsbody. Liberty taker.
DO NOT BE USED AND MADE A MUG OF. YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN THAT .
NO GOOD I AM AFRAID.
SEVENOAKS ,,, NO PROPERTIES, SO STAY AWAY AND TRY A DECENT COMPANY.
Pros
work from home
Cons
No respect, no salary, dishonest management. No thanks.No perks.Just used and forgotten.
Cult like company. With borderline bullying tactics when training.
Local Property Expert (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 April 2019
I was sold a job that wasn’t what materialised at all. I was offered a job where I was ‘self employed’ could ‘pick my own hours’ and ‘be my own boss’. The reason I was looking for a job was for a better work life balance, better emotional working life and more flexibility. I was sold the job on all of these factors but on the very first day of training it became very apparent that this wasn’t going to be the case.

The trainer was nothing short of a bully forcing brand new recruits to stand in front of a room of strangers and literally bare their soals. We were given no time to prepare and told that we would have to stand at the front of the room and talk ‘about ourselves’ for 20 minutes! The trainer gave an example where he divulged very personal details about his personal life and his childhood and broke down crying himself (despite the fact he had clearly told the same story verbatim numerous times). He then proceeded to prompt and poke every single new starter into divulging more and more information about their personal lives and the net forced result was approximately 5 out of 15 adults crying in a room full of strangers. This horrendous tactic I am sure was designed to break down new recruits with the intention of ‘building’ them back up the way purplebricks wanted. This tactic screams cult and felt very unnatural and borderline unlawful. I left feeling extremely emotional and anxious all for a job which is supposedly ‘self employed’.
Pros
Potential to earn a lot of money, but it was made clear that this would only be the case if you worked 12+ hours a day.
Cons
Bullying. Lies. Cult like training.
Rewarding and Enjoyable
Territory Owner (Former Employee) –  Liverpool Merseyside11 February 2019
I worked for Purplebricks UK for two years before relocating to Australia.
I enjoyed every moment. I felt like I had become part of a family, and I still keep in contact with a lot of people who are still over in the UK working for Purplebricks.
Property is never an easy job, it has a lot of day to day challenges, but Purplebricks give amazing training and ongoing support.
If I was to ever move back to the UK, I would definitely apply to work for Pruplebricks again, it is a career I miss a lot.
They sell you a dream
Property Expert (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 January 2019
PurpleBricks sell you a dream that they are one big family but that isnt the case. They care more about the profits and growing in other countries then they do about their staff who work 7 days a week just to try and earn a wage
good culture
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands21 January 2019
working at Purple Bricks is very beneficial as I gained a lot of skills from working here. The atmosphere and the people are very friendly and management are supportive
Pros
the people
Cons
short lunches
For LPEs the model does not work
LPE (Current Employee) –  Midlands7 January 2019
Worked there now for two years. When you get on board things are great but it then quickly loses its greatness. The central team works hard but they are understaffed drastically which means the customers call you for any questions. You are lied to about stock options I still haven't got mine. Your nagged constantly about trust pilot which is definitely fixed. One of m hi customers had his review removed due to a technicality but in reality it was because he slated the conveyancing firm. LPEs leaving in droves but they severally over hired. Basically you will do 60 hours a week for around 25k and work pretty much every day. You will have to set up your own limited company and pay your own fuel, pay everything! They set you like this to avoid having you as an employee. The business model is a great concept but for the customer but not the employee. They are big now but they will have to change.
Pros
Good concept
Cons
Extremely long hours, poor upper management, horrible customer service, horrible compensation
Not worth while
Viewing Host (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2018
Very little work came through especially as its self employed and driving around made it not economically. The hours are based on the public booking viewings which can mean very strange working hours.
Interesting job role
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Solihull10 September 2018
I like working here in the aspect of the people and how great they are! Although the company has great ways of earning commission, I don't feel as though other areas are looked at well. Having said this, I do feel as though it is an amazing company in regards to their ethos and they can look after their staff well. I don't agree with the working over Christmas periods, it should be noted that this is to be spent with family.
horrendous place to work
CONVEYANCING ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Solihull17 August 2018
The staff i worked with were rude, un-supportive and unhelpful. The job is sold to you completely false. Management were terrible, unreasonable and far too much pressure on you to cover their own backs. Also falsely told about hours, ended up working most Saturdays, but you're told you would work one a month.
lied to from day one
Territory Owner (Current Employee) –  Colchester2 August 2018
is not a "own Business Role" company charged me thousands for the training and recruitment of staff and then took them after a few months to work direct for them. as my earnings increased, they decreased my postal area so to regulate and restrict my income taking from tens of thousands of pounds to hundreds per month in a matter of 3 months making for a horrid tax position.

the company talks the talk but it is the worst case of "Castles built on sand" i have ever heard of.
Pros
work from home
Cons
a massive con
Worst company I have ever worked for
Lettings Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shirley, West Midlands24 April 2018
I worked at PurpleBricks for 18 months and have been the worst 18 months of my life. The salary is a joke and management are worse who don't listen!!!
Pros
Cons
Salary, management, no progression, false promises
built too quickly
LPE (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 March 2018
Too many people, not enough work, that's why people are now leaving, but company was brilliant before co founders went to America. Used to be amazing
nice place to work
Local Business Partner (Current Employee) –  North East6 March 2018
All round fun place to work. Good team in place with excellent tecnology that they are developing all the time. Great if you love a challege and want to progress in sales
Fast paced fun environment whilst still very professional
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 March 2018
Duties Include: Dealing with potential clients and selling the service to them, acquiring new customers to use the company to sell their property. Dealing with general enquiries from customers. Skills Acquired: Closing sales, developed great telephone manner, knowledgeable of property and property market, hitting targets, further developed customer service skills and multi-tasking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purplebricks UK. Our community is ready to answer.

Purplebricks UK Reviews by Location