Pure Gym

Pure Gym Culture reviews

United Kingdom131 reviews
Self employed personal trainer
job security was down to your ability to sell yourself with a large member base.
fun place to work with other trainers to encourage and motivate.
group classes and personal training available
Outstanding competitor
Thoroughly enjoyed my time with PG. On the curve of the industry, competitive but with a great support structure. Highly ambitious senior team who do take the time to converse with you. Regional team great. High demands on operations and cleanliness. That not a negative. Passionate about making operations run like clock work.
Puregym is for the company not PT
The culture is very dog eat dog, you cannot trust other PT and management is weak and inconsistent.
Sold a dream of making money yet no matter how hard you work it seems the bar is raised more and more.
Positive and professional environment.
The management and personal trainers are all great to work with and the facilities/equipment are modern and well maintained. PureGym is a great place to work and train at.
very relaxed place to work
A typical day is very busy but also very relaxed, music in the office. people are overall very friendly although the higher management could do with playing a more active role in the day to day processes in each department as these cause major problems
Love the place
I love the culture of this job and gives a good sense of job satisfaction. The work / life balance is great as it doesn't feel like work when you enjoy what you are doing.
Pros
culture
Cons
salary
Easygoing environment
Since I arrived there I got approached to all the staff very easy.
Everyone is very friendly to me and that motivate me to give my best in every shift.
Great Development
People focused and great for developing skill set. Lots to be done and lots of expectations. Full 360 support network - help given wherever needed. Great challenged provided
Good place to get experience
Can get shifts of 15 hours per week and no rent for PT sessions
Provide Fitness classes to members
Improving communication skills on gym floor by talking to clients and selling PT sessions
typical day was cleaning what had been used. The clients there was great to work around, hardest was trying to keep it clean while the gym was in use. 24/7
Pros
Free gym
A good start, but not for the long haul
Overall Pure gym is a good introduction to the fitness industry, but you are unpaid for doing 15hrs or shifts.
They say that you will be falling over the amount of clients you'll get but in practice it isn't so, most people who go to the gym don't want PT ,Id say about 95% and the small percentage that do are being competitively fought over by up to 20 PT's.
Being a budget gym there isn't the disposable income for members to afford PT so in the long run I don't feel its possible to build professionally
Nice place to work
It is a pleasure to be a part of Pure gym.
Great team and nice gym floor. Many members. There is a good atmosphere and persons with experience

I really appreciate to work with this brand
Pros
Team
Cons
Fix weekends shifts
Great company
Good company who have achieved fantastic growth. The culture has changed with growth as there are so many clubs and so many different managers now. Great concept that works
good place to start as a pt
Starting out as a self employed pt is a big thing, there was no support what so ever 3 years ago althogh this changed recently.

The most enjoyable part of the job pt and teaching classes meeting so many new people, speaking to members and helping people achieve their goals. I love the part of the job where I was personal training, I met so many great clients. I always got great feedback on my classes which built up my confidence greatly.
Overall its a good company to start off as a PT.
Good Working Environment
Its a very busy place with a lot people working around but its fun place to help out customers and learn different techniques how to work out. The management in the place are very nice as well.
Pros
Mostly 1hr breaks, able to use the gym after you finished work
Cons
Long hours at some days, when on weekends sometimes it quiet
Social work environment
I worked three 5 hour shifts. Each shift would consist on cleaning various gym equipment, hosting classes and monitoring the gym.

The management team was very poor, they were mainly focused on getting their own bonus and unwilling to help the team. Mangers are in control on what classes the personal trainers host, however this was poorly organised as staff would end up doing classes back to back meaning it was impossible to set up classes or great new members/stretch off the previous class. There is also unfair treatment, there would be one rule for one personal trainer but that wouldn't imply to another.

There were some amazing team members that taught me some things however there is definitely divides and bitchyness that makes the environment very child like.

The hardest part of the job was delivering so many of the classes back to back.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting so many new people, speaking to members and helping people achieve their goals. I loved the part of the job where I was personal training, I had so many great clients. I always got great feedback on my classes which built up my confidence greatly.
Pros
Outside of the fixed 15 hours I chose what hours I wanted to work
Cons
The poor management team.
fun
Everyone is friendly there, if you enjoy doing the stuff there and have a passion for the gym, then you will enjoy it. Everyone is friendly and positive and get along.
Fun workplace
- Daily encounter from members that come from different walks of life.
- Each day can be a learning experience from the members.

- The work team has a supportive vibe.

- The most enjoyable part of the job is getting positive feedback from clients and class attendees.
Good working environment
Good working environment, fun to work with in the different paced , varied working environment.
I found my time here to be enjoyable and was a great place to work with some great colleagues
productive and fun environment
is very nice place to work, friendly members , managers are very professional and have understanding . which makes pure gym great place to work. i am very happy to be in the place but always looking for more opportunities to express my self.
Interesting place to work
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Pure Gym Lisburn as I got to work along side experienced instructors and learned about the gym more then the average citizen