Pulse Nursing At Home Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace, with outstanding training and people
Complex Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 November 2019
Having come from a care company who provided personal care support to clients, I expected a similar training programme, working environment and office relations as my ex-employers had offered. However, I was pleasantly surprised.

Training:
Pulse offers second to none training in all aspects of client support, in addition to the possibility of further developing one’s training in fields such as ventilation and end of life care. I had zero experience in complex care when I started and the thought of tracheostomy and PEG care summoned a great deal of anxiety! Nevertheless, the personalised training consisted of both theory and practical application of the knowledge acquired, which played a huge role in establishing me as a competent support worker as I was able to obtain a solid idea of what I would expect in practice. Moreover, Pulse offered a two day paid shadowing shift that allowed me to familiarise myself with the client, the routine and care needs of the client, whilst having an able support worker to seek advice from specific to the client. My opinions were sought by the office, therefore allowing me to consider whether the care package was right for me or not. It is also important to note, Pulse also provides recognised qualifications in areas such as medicine administration etc.

Working Environment:
For those that are studying a healthcare based degree, I could not recommend Pulse more. As a trainee Pharmacist, my work allows me to work very closely with patients as well liaise with other healthcare professionals such as nurses, pharmacists and OT’s. The Manchester
  more... office has a few nurses who welcome questions and discussion – something I have taken full advantage of! Plus they’re absolutely brilliant. I was also offered an opportunity to assist the Business Manager in strengthening the training programme which aimed to reduce transcribing errors - it's good to know they appreciate the specialities of their workers.

Office Support and Administration:
It is reassuring to know there is excellent support available from the office in the form of care managers and in my experience, more importantly, a clinical nurse to whom questions can be directed to. I have found my queries have been dealt with immediately or on the day. The staff at the office are friendly, supportive and understanding. The Manchester team in particularly exemplary. For me, the imperative thing is that I have been able to mold my work around my studies. Such flexibility is difficult to come by coupled with a good wage and a varied and large amount of work availability. In terms of progression, I was offered a management position not long into my employment which emphasises Pulse’s attitude to good work ethic. I have never had any pay issues with Pulse. The best thing is they email staff a copy of their wage slip and send a text informing the employee when the wage will be deposited into the employees account.

Summary:
I guess the most important thing about Pulse as a company is that they actually care about their clients and staff. Unfortunately, in today’s day and age, that is difficult to come by, particularly in the care industry. Through the company, I was able to support a client and his family from a difficult time right till the end. There is nothing more honourable and humbling than that.

All in all, a great company, great work availability and wage - and great people to work with!
Fun working place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London South East, Greater London18 November 2019
Great people to work a side there the opportunity of learning about people from all walks of life. Really loved working there if I get a chance would love to work there again great experience!
Poor management and communication
Night Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire15 November 2019
A long process from interview stage till actual employment, poor training, poor communication and management. Staff unprofessional and blame culture. You are a victim of work... Suspended whilst on training...lack of confidence in Pulse as an employer. Wouldn't recommend if you value yourself and your time. Not reimbursed for travel to training locations had to pay out of my pocket my hotel
Management is poor can't command or communicate effectivelyexpenses and train fare
Productive workplace
Paediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  London South East, Greater London8 November 2019
Pulse nursing at home assign nurses to work alongside support workers in the clients home, which was very enjoyable, and an excellent opportunity to transition into community care. The management look after employees very well by helping in all difficulties you may encounter.Once you have been cleared to work maximum information about the service user are always given. Co workers share their experiences with new workers making their work with Pulse.
An incredible place to work
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 October 2019
The manager was great. Employees were always wonderful and Respectful to each other. The culture is amazing and the senior management team encourage growth. I would highly recommend it.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Worse agency ever
Paediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  South London, Greater London24 October 2019
Horrible agency to work for. Don’t care about staff only care about shift being filled. No support whatsoever. 1:1 school shifts are extremely boring. You will have to put up with being screamed at spoken down to and humiliated by the client family. Don’t apply for the role!!
Not very good. Happy to put cluents in hospital so they can walk away from a package
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wrexham10 October 2019
I work long days and 5-7 days a week. No recognition or help. They told a Clint she had to go to hospital for a few days for intensive physio then cancelled her package whilst she was there. No thought for client or staff. Would not recommend this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pulse Nursing At Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Pulse Nursing At Home Reviews by Location