Protolabs

Protolabs Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
easy fast paced job, working conditions are good, but company has got top heavy with managment and none production staff.
Growing company that used to be great to work for, sadly thats no longer the case.

A lot of five star reviews lately would suggest the office staff have been asked to bump up the ratings, you wont get any of this from the shop floor.
Terrible management, Discrimination on every level,avoid with a passion,drug deaiing and drug use on site,rude co workers,poor Hr department and personal belongings always going missing.
Pros
Money ok
Cons
Terrible leadership threw out
Stability of job and good training can be bit stressful when behind with orders with a big knock on effect when therss overtime that's pushed wages up happy days
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Shift hours
Pros

Positive company culture and an enjoyable place to work

Continuous company growth and improvement

Opportunities for personal growth and training

Allows for a great work/life balance – flexible working hours

Rewards hard work and highlights achievement

Extremely varied day to day work

Cons

Insufficient parking especially during shift change over and lunch time

Some facilities need an update especially customer toilets and the canteen
Great place to work! The people are fantastic, the work is fast-paced and collaborative. Chances to travel to other regional offices, depending on job role.
Working as part of a great team, my days are very busy with no two days being the same, the weeks fly by. Management are fair and reasonable with what they request of you.
The same as any other working environment you will find unhappy employees but at the end of the day, they will struggle to find a better company in and or around Telford. I've been doing what I do for over 30 Years and this has been by far my best and I hope last career move.
I think Protolabs is a great place to work, they are very open to new ideas and supportive of their staff. Everyone is very friendly, helpful and happy to work together. This Company is definitely going places!
Pros
Management listen to my ideas and care about their employees
Cons
I cant think of any!
A good place to work with great people in the sales department. Management is poor though, and prefer to lie rather than tackle a problem. A typical day will be prospecting accounts and driving sales, the hardest part of the job is genuinely just the internal politics with management.
Higher management are bullies and when you complained about it they will turn on you and force you out the business. If you are a yes man and carry news protolabs is the place for you.
I've been at protolabs for nearly 10 years and have done a wide variety of roles. It was once a brilliant place to work, not anymore. Management literally do not have a clue. Upper management has changed over and over, that leaves zero stability on the shop floor. It's a total mess
Like to keep their staff just above the minimum wage so they can hold that against you when asking for increase. Maximum work expected and no thank you. Overtime is the only thing keeping people there.
Nice comfortable place, caring management and a genuinly good place to work. Cultural and very accepting. An all round good job and great oppertunities.
Very poor culture from management down, bullying ( threats) and pressure ( via email) to reach unachievable targets based on flawed data.

The business disappoints in not following their own processes when it come to performance management.

For a company that talks of “ investing in people” and of an “employee first” culture to treat staff in the manner they do is appalling.
Pros
Growing business
Cons
Poor man management and culture of bullying
The place is a joke, higher managment don't have a clue how to solve situations appropriately and are very cliquey, will only employ yes men and will 9 times out of ten ignore your suggestions to improve the workplace+workload and as somebody else said on here will work you over the limit for a joke of a wage.

AVOID
Worst company I have worked for, the senior management haven’t a clue what’s going on through the business..... bullying and harassment from the top all the way down the reporting line.
They do not care about the employees and have no compassion
Low wages to work in a hot very noisy environment , top heavy with management whilst the people on the shop floor are kept down and paid poorly . The company also promote and reward a culture of people telling tales on each other . Very poor health & safety .
is a good job but as in any other factory there are Management is very poor, it gives you work over the limit.
............................................
I enjoy working at Protolabs but over the last few years I have found progression very limited within the company.
My working day can be very challenging as there are no two days which are the same, different issues arising every day. I am an experienced miller with ten years experience working on Haas mills, the only thing I can't do is program. my current role is of CNC Machining Specialist, problem solving on the mills when they have certain issues. The other part of my role is to install new mills when they arrive setting them up ready for production.
Pros
Bonus Scheme
Cons
Not enough recognition
very supportive and work as a team.
no blame culture.

training is provided and is available at any stage of your career at proto labs.

all departments work together to make customers happy.
working at protolabs i had to cut bits of plastics for car parts and a typical day it was a easy job and fairly relaxed the mannagers were not good as i got sacked for no reason and the manager never even spoke to me themself
It'a nice company i was trimming the plastic parts and building the tools and checking them.The work wasn't that hard and the co-workers were ok the hardest part of the job was on high cosmetics parts