Protocol Education

Protocol Education Employee Reviews

United Kingdom90 reviews
Lovely place to work
I have worked for protocol education on and off for about 2 years and loved every moment. Some of the places that put me weren't great but I dont believe this was there fault. They are extremely helpful and try their best to find me work. All I ask is for more work.
Supply Teacher
Protocol assigned me a member of staff who handled my jobs, queries etc. He was extremely helpful and looked after my workload very well. I had one issue with a school and Protocol stepped in, taking over on my behalf, resolving the issue within a couple of hours. If I wasn't currently caring for a family member, I would still be with them.
Salary is low for amount of work expected
Good training and fun culture but don’t pay well and expect a lot from you, long hours also. Ok for trainees starting off in the recruitment world but otherwise forget it!
Varied and enjoyable places and company to work for
The work with Protocol Education is very varied. Whether it was in a secondary school, primary school, or SEN. As an agency, I felt they worked hard to provide you with work, and often sought out longer contracts than just the day work. It worked perfectly alongside my career as a performer, and I really enjoyed the variety of getting to work at different locations. All of my placements were local, and the process was very streamlined and well organised.
Worst paying of all my l agencies
Protocol (northern branch) seem content with sending teaching staff out to do long term (low-paid) TA jobs rather than work to find positions which are better suite and better paid.
They try to pay fully qualified teachers cover wage for day to day work Other agencies do not do this!
They are nice snd very helpful
I was with protocol for 3yrs and worked at practically all the SENs school in hayes. Some of the schools were terrible and I didn't want to go back and the listen and kept on looking and placing me before they found me the best school to work in.
Varied Experience
I enjoyed working for Protocol, and found the work varied and interesting, however, sometimes the locations were difficult to get to first thing in the morning.
Travel expenses
I do not receive travel expenses at Protocol education therefore I am unable to work every day and earn reasonable income to pay my bills. Maximum money I can earn here is only 1300 pounds and 300 pounds each month I need for my travelling to and from work.
Good collaboration with team
Always calling you at the end of the day to make sure you're happy. If not, you will be moved to a new school as soon as possible. Does not pay as well as other agencies though.
Worst agency
I worked at this company from jul-dec and I can say it was the worst agency. Really bad pay, rude staff. The agency uses umbrella company so they take out a lot of money and you get left with so little. Before they found a permanent school most of the time they would call to go to a school 1h before as if it was enough to get ready and get to the school. When refusing to go to a school the staff would be rude to you and force you into going (calling you 100 times). Worst part is the pay thinking that you are in a school doing the same job as other people (other agency) and you get paid so low compared to them.
Fun
Fun workplace but not particularly well paid. Bit psychotic about sickness though, have to endure Spanish inquisition each time you're off sick, not much sympathy.

Vibrant place to work with a generally younger demographic. May be good for a first job but not much longevity.
Overall an unprofessional approach to their workers!
Worst agency I've worked for. Don't bother to go to interviews for this agency. You'll be very disappointed! They'll send you to an interview without obtaining your references. Then when you don't get the job they will not process your application to join their registration.Just forget applying! Go to another aagency. They're only interested in making money out of you.
Flexible and educational
Protocol are very flexible as they work around your availability, if you can not work that day then you don't have to, however, there is no holiday pay and no pay over half terms, Christmas etc. I have learned a lot and gained a lot of teaching experience through this job.
Understanding people
Feel a part of the team, friendly helpful and supportive. I have a good relationship with the staff who call about work placements, Most work is found close to where I live.
Productive and fun place to work
Worked through them for Telford College and was offered tonnes of support. It was a shame the contract came to an end as they team were all so amazing.
Great Employer
Good Company to work for - kind bosses and flexible hours. allowed dress down casual at all time and arranges the best parties for staff and good recognition for hard work done
Great workplace
While working with Protocol I have fully enjoyed moving around and working in different schools and teaching different students. I have gained experienced with working with people from different backgrounds and cultures and learned how different people work and learn best.
Pros
working with different people around the city.
Cons
work is not guaranteed.
Friendly and Professional
The Sheffield branch is great. I get consistent work and everyone I speak to is lovely. Definitely recommend. Pay is reasonable, as best as it could be, though I find primary supply teachers are generally not paid as well as they should be and I had to push for an amount I think is decent. Not enough opportunity for training is the main flaw, but I'd still definitely register with them over other agencies in Sheffield.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay/progression opportunities
Very Disappointing Service from the Nottingham Branch
I signed up the agency at the beginning of May 2019 and since the interview I have encountered nothing but poor communication and employee handling. No responses from emails, waiting for the police check for under a month just to find out today that it has not even been submitted. A total waste of my time! Not been able to have an income and now I will have to start the process again with a different company. Very upset.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication, lack of organisation, lack of staff
Protocol Education, a good agency to work for.
I have been with Protocol for almost 1 year now. I'm happy with the level of service I have received from them. They have managed to find me work for the majority of that time.
I am able to contact a named member of staff at almost anytime if the need arises.

Overall it's a good agency, with friendly staff who try their best to source work, however, they are not magic and cannot give out jobs if they don't have any in. So you will have times when you are not working. (September springs to mind.)

They also offer CPD training and development days.
Pros
Training, Friendly easy to contact staff.
Cons
Not always work available.
Very productive and a fun environment
A typical day could be a phone call away where you are asked to go into a school - Teach ! Mentor ! Start from scratch and deliver lessons within 45 minutes of start time. You could be based anywhere in the areas that you have requested and if you are like me i love the vibe of get up and go!
You learn quite a lot on the job as every job is different unless its long term position.

The hardest part is leaving a job and the kids as you get attached to all those lovely kids.
Pros
Cons
Sick Pay/ Don't get paid in the holidays
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protocol Education. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9