Prospero Teaching Employee Reviews

Great company
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 November 2019
Very friendly, helpful and professional. Very encouraging as I was nervous, very supportive. Kept in regular contact to make sure I was happy, was available if I had any problems at the work place. I would totally recommend them.
Positive experience
Pastoral Lead (Current Employee) –  Willow brook primary school31 October 2019
I was previously signed up with a number of agencies before being contacted by Prospero Teaching. They found me my dream job which they helped to prep for my interview (I have never experienced this level and quality of assistance previously) which I found extremely helpful.
I now have secured employment in a fantastic job. The whole process was extremely quick and smooth.
Top class agency
Cover Teacher/ Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London17 July 2019
I have enjoyed working with Prospero for these past 8 months. They have a good reach across schools in London and offer good rates in comparison to other agencies. As usual the only down side when working part time for an agency like this is making up for the holiday periods. However, they are also very good at finding you opportunities to be hired full-time at schools they work with.
Pros
Provide a lot of part time work
Cons
Get paid through payroll company
Caring and efficient staff
Cover Supervisor/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester8 July 2019
The agents that I mainly deal with couldn't be more helpful, giving a real personal touch, having your wellbeimg at the heart of things.

Endeavouring to make sure you have consistent employment.
Pros
Reasonable day or hourly rates
Cons
Not permanent
Great Agency to work for
SEN Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  South West7 July 2019
I had the opportunity to teach students either in their homes, schools or library.
This enabled me to utilise my skills, knowledge and qualifications to be doing a job that I enjoy.
My consultant was brilliant in her work and arranging clients for me in a more geographically manner. which was not only easy for me travelling but also for the students.
My consultant was also great at negotiating my wages with others to ensure that the pay was reasonable on all sides. If a wage payment was missed, my consultant would arrange payment as soon as possible.
The most enjoyable thing about my job was being able to do the two things i love most, Travel and Teach.
i left Prospero to try working a full time in a PRU, but I am hoping to return to work for Prospero in the similar manner as I did before.
Pros
Hours flexible and suit both myself and my students.
Good management
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester23 June 2019
Prospero are ok to work for in that they will try their best to keep you in work in places where you feel comfortable. There is always someone available to contact for queries and support.
However, the rate of pay is not competitive with other agencies.
Pros
Experienced recruitment managers
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Poor admin
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth19 March 2019
They got me the job but I would be remiss to not say that their administration was often found lacking and I went a number of weeks without being paid.
Useful stop gap or Flexi job
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Southampton4 March 2019
Good stop gap between jobs or as an early career opener. Gets you known to a number of schools quickly and you will quickly discovered what sort of position is for you.
Pros
Flexibility, nice people
Cons
Travel, low salary.
Very bad agency
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 December 2018
i would avoid wasting your precious time with this agency.
You go to the registration and it looks all fun and that but thats for THEM. They leave you unemployed for very long periods, when in fact there are schools in your area that are posting job adverts. You can literally do it yourself. Prospero does nothing but give you hassle. AVOID if you don't want your time wasted. You have to join an umbrella company who will charge you for being with them and is the only way to get paid through Prospero. I'd say just look for jobs yourself because Prospero will not get u a job unless u want to wait months. AVOID.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
waste of time, unemployed for a very long time, you can search for school adverts yourself because they are very very bad at giving work, hard to get in contact with, call at unprofessional hours
Unreliable
Cover Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden Town, Greater London23 November 2018
I've signed a contract and they've just canceled it for no reason. After a month they offered some work. Communication was very evasive, slow and through email mainly.
It was a waste of time.
I moved on to a better job.
Very good company to work for
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 October 2018
Amazing company to work for and the consultants are very efficient and go above and beyond for you. Always try there hardest to make sure you have work every day! And always let you know what the feedback from the place you have visited is.
work
supply teacher (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire3 August 2018
Work can be haphazard and sporadic. I would like a permanent position, but positions seem to be infrequent and limited.
Contact can be difficult as there doesn't seem to be a mobile number to text and a wider range of positions would be useful
Pros
good working relations with company
Cons
never enough positions
Poor example a recruitment agency
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol22 June 2018
The culture with in their Bristol branch is terrible. They behave like they are featuring in 'wolf on wall street'. I couldn't believe how they treated me and have spoken to other Teachers who felt the same
Pros
Quick to register
Cons
Terribly treated
Ok
Cover staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 June 2018
It's OK. Good day rates , long periods of unemployment. Hard to get in contact with agent when needed. Same day calling alot. Agents go home early sometimes
Pros
Good Rates
Cons
Long Periods of unemployment
Poor
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff27 April 2018
I signed up with the company I've had 3 shifts from them in my first week but haven't had anything since. When I signed up I was promised I'd have regular work and could work everyday if I wanted to......but it's shocking how they lie to you to get you in.
Pros
Hourly rate not bad
Cons
No communication
Highly Recommended Agency
Teaching Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester16 April 2018
I enrolled with Prospero early last year, and it was the best move I made. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, and fully committed to their agency workers, and to the schools that employ them. I would, and have recommended Prospero to several people.
All the time I have been on Prospero's books, I have been fully employed.
Pros
Regular work
N/a
SEN Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bexleyheath15 March 2018
Prospero is a good company to work for in my experience. Have not been with the company long enough to give a full review but so far have not had any issues.
Acceptable
Primary school teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol5 March 2018
Acceptable, non too shabby. Unfortunately not well paid. Good staff and facilities. Even adding £1 extra per hour would be an improvement and lead to a lower staff turnover.
Not much to base my opinion
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 January 2018
At first enthusiasm and help/support was outstanding! Work found wasnt exactly on the mark but continuous and relevant to an extent. Struggled with rate of pay and getting wages through. Not for me!
Pros
Continuous work
Cons
Wage and Travelling
great
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 September 2017
Enjoyed working with this company, worked with them as a supply teacher, they are friendly and accommodating. Great work/life balance. recommended to friends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prospero Teaching. Our community is ready to answer.

Prospero Teaching Reviews by Location