Prospects Services

Prospects Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews
Welcoming company, excellent Manager with great support.
Enjoyed the working environment and the job. Easy commuting as near East Croydon railway station with the new exit around the corner from the office.

Unfortunately we were all made redundant as the comp[any was taken over.
If we weren't all made redundant. I would probably still be there. Real shame. Helping people back to work from all sectors of society. Good team, excellent development. Invested well in the staff. Felt more like a family.
It was a busy but rewarding company to work for. The management team were very strong and created a good work ethic across the company. Everyone was very committed and friendly, but took time to help colleagues and this created lasting friendships. I learned a lot about the education sector. The hardest part of the job was diary management for MD and CEO and the inevitable clashes.
The organisation treats staff poorly and like slaves. The organisation is hierachical, managers talk to staff badly and their is a bullying culture. You have no work life balance when you work there and are poorly paid. Staff turnover is huge. It's a money focused organisation with no consideration for the recipients of the service. I feel sorry for the staff, most care about their work but are focused to treat recipients like cattle
I have enjoyed my time at Prospects. I formed very close relationships with everyone here, they made me feel comfortable and apart of something. I did not enjoy the repetative side of my job, i wish i was asked to do more tasks.
This is a good company to work for. Each day is different. Management is good, and team work is excellent. Work / life balance good. Salary competitive with the market.
Plenty of diversity within the company and always kept on your toes. Including daily travel from site to site across the country. Dealing with Support requests, installations, diagnosis and much much more.
Lack of management support. Heavy caseloads. Continually working over hours and no time to claim back toil. Satisfaction in some parts of job.

Systems and claim processes onerous.
Colleagues were friendly and welcoming. They helped me when I needed help, taking the time to explain about the company. I had a very great experience training there.
Loved my clients and client bases working in various places.
had to carry own equipment every day on public transport, horrible to do at times.

Often working evenings and weekends if the system went down.to catch up in terms of the time allow to see clients.
It is very management heavy and staff on the ground have work across multiple contracts and locations. Managers do not care about staff wellbeing and there is a high staff turnover.
If it weren't for the contract closing I'd stay forever (or certainly until retirement). Great team of people, usual ups and downs but all round I would thoroughly recomend Prospects to anyone.
Pros
office location, supportive employer
Cons
Prospects Services delivers a wide range of contracts that aim to help people progress in their daily lives as well as their careers. Supporting people from diverse backgrounds, including individuals in custody, to professionals seeking professional development, progression, career changes, as well as those distant from the labour market. All advisors have a passion for one thing, making a positive impact on others and empowering people to achieve their career goals.
Most enjoyable part is working with customers who need our support. However, management are dreadful, you are expected to work extra hours at home constantly to get everything done as targets and deadlines are unrealistic. Complete lack of support and development. Worst careers company I’ve ever worked for.
Cons
Long hours, lack of support, terrible managers
Prospects have offered a lot of opportunities to ensure staff are qualified and equipped to deliver services to their community and customers. A day for me involved working with mainstream and LDD students/clients who are in education or unemployed delivering teaching services and careers information and advice.

Given the opportunity to progress this has allowed me to carry out my role proficiently and professionally. Management put in a lot of effort in leadership to ensure staff are working effectively and productive so that we were successful.

Challenges faced has been working with students with various disabilities and using skills to modify lessons plans and when working with students and clients one to one to provide an individualised lesson session or careers guidance around their needs.

My years with the company has helped me to understand and support the needs of young people and adults with special needs. Additionally, with the right support, most people with a learning disability are able to lead independent lives.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
High caseloads
So sad that a work place like this has a manager who fails to understand what Diversity and equality of opportunity really mean
Uses offensive references.

How can a positive work place be created when a manager lacks basic understanding of equality..
Pros
Hardworking frontline staff
Cons
Pulled down by a poor manager
All about targets and bully culture with no progression and support. No care regarding staff happiness and are all about robot working. Cowardly managers who think its okay to grass you up and not talk to you
I worked there on work experience to Build Confidence and to
Learn office skills, while there I had to manage the Reception area by Meeting and Greeting Customers who attended for appointments making sure they signed in the attendance book, I took phone calls and messages and passed on messages to other team members. I updated Job boards with new Jobs that were to be advertised for Customers to apply for and I also did some photocopying and Laminating.
I'm passionate about working with service users, but this job became far too target driven and the focus removed from the service provided to the customer. Unrealistic demands that meant many hours of overtime at home unpaid in order to hit those targets.

Poor line management resulting in lack of support and a high staff turnover, with senior management turning a blind eye to it all.

Such a shame, as this could have been a fantastic job.
Cons
Poor line management, high staff turnover, unrealistic demands
I work across 12 HM Prisons providing a variety of Admin support to 20 staff.

This is a very rewarding job which takes me to different areas in the West Midlands and Staffordshire.
Prospects was a great place to get back into a work environment, with some very supportive staff who helped me re-visit my communication skillls and provided all-day workshops on customer services and handling difficult phone calls.
Pros
Friendly staff, helpful
Cons
No pay