Prospects Services Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
mentor (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London24 January 2019
It is very management heavy and staff on the ground have work across multiple contracts and locations. Managers do not care about staff wellbeing and there is a high staff turnover.
Prospects is a great company, shame it has to end
Team Leader for Work Programme SW, Links (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset7 January 2019
If it weren't for the contract closing I'd stay forever (or certainly until retirement). Great team of people, usual ups and downs but all round I would thoroughly recomend Prospects to anyone.
Pros
office location, supportive employer
Dreadful company
Careers Adviser (Current Employee) –  West Midlands13 July 2018
Most enjoyable part is working with customers who need our support. However, management are dreadful, you are expected to work extra hours at home constantly to get everything done as targets and deadlines are unrealistic. Complete lack of support and development. Worst careers company I’ve ever worked for.
Cons
Long hours, lack of support, terrible managers
Innovative, productive and friendly
Connexions Personal Adviser (LDD) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 July 2018
Prospects have offered a lot of opportunities to ensure staff are qualified and equipped to deliver services to their community and customers. A day for me involved working with mainstream and LDD students/clients who are in education or unemployed delivering teaching services and careers information and advice.

Given the opportunity to progress this has allowed me to carry out my role proficiently and professionally. Management put in a lot of effort in leadership to ensure staff are working effectively and productive so that we were successful.

Challenges faced has been working with students with various disabilities and using skills to modify lessons plans and when working with students and clients one to one to provide an individualised lesson session or careers guidance around their needs.

My years with the company has helped me to understand and support the needs of young people and adults with special needs. Additionally, with the right support, most people with a learning disability are able to lead independent lives.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
High caseloads
Bexley Heath
Careers Adviser (Current Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London4 July 2018
So sad that a work place like this has a manager who fails to understand what Diversity and equality of opportunity really mean
Uses offensive references.
How can a positive work place be created when a manager lacks basic understanding of equality..
Pros
Hardworking frontline staff
Cons
Pulled down by a poor manager
selfish management
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London13 June 2018
All about targets and bully culture with no progression and support. No care regarding staff happiness and are all about robot working. Cowardly managers who think its okay to grass you up and not talk to you
Work experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newton Abbott, Devon18 May 2018
I worked there on work experience to Build Confidence and to
Learn office skills, while there I had to manage the Reception area by Meeting and Greeting Customers who attended for appointments making sure they signed in the attendance book, I took phone calls and messages and passed on messages to other team members. I updated Job boards with new Jobs that were to be advertised for Customers to apply for and I also did some photocopying and Laminating.
Disappointing
Careers Adviser (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 April 2018
I'm passionate about working with service users, but this job became far too target driven and the focus removed from the service provided to the customer. Unrealistic demands that meant many hours of overtime at home unpaid in order to hit those targets.

Poor line management resulting in lack of support and a high staff turnover, with senior management turning a blind eye to it all.

Such a shame, as this could have been a fantastic job.
Cons
Poor line management, high staff turnover, unrealistic demands
Very Challenging, but rewarding.
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  West Midlands20 March 2018
I work across 12 HM Prisons providing a variety of Admin support to 20 staff.

This is a very rewarding job which takes me to different areas in the West Midlands and Staffordshire.
Voluntary work
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth19 February 2018
Prospects was a great place to get back into a work environment, with some very supportive staff who helped me re-visit my communication skillls and provided all-day workshops on customer services and handling difficult phone calls.
Pros
Friendly staff, helpful
Cons
No pay
Good Solid Employer
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater11 December 2017
I particularly enjoyed supporting customers back into employment. Finding out about their skills and abilities and how this could be transferred into a job. I also dealt with employers and worked with them to ensure customers sustained employment.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
not always being successful
Admin position
General Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton Abbot27 January 2016
This was a voluntary position, general admin position.
Answer phone enquiries, general filing & filling of job logs for customers.
Pros
People i was working with
Cons
Voluntary position
poor management
Employer Solutions manager (Former Employee) –  St. Austell9 November 2015
American style management -very much like peas from a pod. totally target and profit driven which is not good in welfare to work programmes
Excellent work environment
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham2 November 2015
I received a lot of support from everyone and it was a fun place to work and learn new skills and develop my current knowledge of administration and on how to support other people.
Great Job
Administrator/Quality Delivery Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Elephant & Castle, ENG18 September 2015
I have enjoyed working here at Prospects, which is the largest sub contractor for the London work programme. However the contract is coming to an end an due to this I believe its time that I pursue other options.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Un realistic targets
Fast paced ever changing
Employment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Torquay and Newton Abbot20 January 2015
Working within the Work Program is both challenging and rewarding, helping someone who hasn't worked in many years overcome their barriers develop new skills and to find and sustain employment is very satisfying for me,
The pay is good and everyone is encouraged to do their best at all times
The down side for me right now is this is a temporary contract.
I would love for there to be more funds available to help people start up their own businesses.
Our office runs really well we are often top of the charts for our entries into work, its a great time I'm proud to be part of
Pros
comfy well equipped work place
Cons
the loo's are miles away.
Fun workplace
Information Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ENG17 November 2013
File organisation and management
Excellent organisational skills, training skills
Good management
Understanding co-workers
Pros
Really supportive management and colleagues
Some of the work great supporting others through projects and consultancy
Corporate Learning & Development Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oldbury28 August 2013
Responsible for Induction and Corporate L&D activity, this includes ensuring all new starters get the induction information they need in a timely manner. Regular follow ups to support them and line managers achieve company expectations.

Some Project related work as directed by Line manager, in particular supporting bespoke and internal management development programme.

Produce regular reporting for Senior managers meetings about induction and L&D activity.

Conference and training organising including use of Sage and managing L&D training budget through raising PO and managing invoice.

Account manager for bespoke E- Learning material provided support to external client in relation to using Prospects In-House E-learning tool.

Learned a variety of L&D activity and Auditing as these were new areas of work for me since my background is largely HR. Some of the challenges include getting colleagues on board with Corporate direction in relation to H&S matters and other key quality standards afforded to the company.

I worked as part of a supportive team and a line manager who supported the work we did.
Worked hard, enjoyable just sometimes cold
Administration Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Oldbury, ENG14 July 2013
A typical day would consist of me checking individuals had crb checks, their names and job titles before creating their Identification cards. Once this was done I would check off their names on a database created on excel. Sometimes when I would get in, I was sometimes told to do filing in a basement room which was freezing cold, which I did not enjoy but I was happy to always have work to do.
Pros
Friendly working enviroment
Cons
Long hours, sometimes very cold
Vibrant hard worker achiever, can do approach
Employment Solutions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Launceston Cornwall20 February 2013
I am a very focused person i enjoy sales B2B and business development i have vast experience in sales and customer service and am very adaptable, i am happy to work independantly or part of a team, i work hard to achieve targets and am very motivational towards colleauges and help keep the focus on the job in hand, i have account managed multiple businees over Devon & Cornwall and recruited for said employers, I thrive in a sales enviroment and love a challenge!!!!!
Pros
good working hours and good pay structure
Cons
looming redundancy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prospects Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Prospects Services Reviews by Location