Project Solar UK Employee Reviews

Rubbish
Booking Agent (Former Employee) –  Stockport9 October 2019
Stressful place to work with nagging "managers" on your back constantly. If you are going to work here, don't dare be 10 seconds late off your dinner/break or its WW3. You have to ask if you can go to the toilet (really?). Typical minimum wage job and the commission I'm sure they make up as they go along.
Work and support
Solar Panel Sales (Former Employee) –  Essex30 September 2019
After the training, you're left on your own with little on no support from head office. If you don't sell on the night then the company will phone client up and then offer a price that much lower than you can offer which cuts you out of the commission, in other words, they get you to warm client up and then sell directly to the client and not pay you the 10% comms
amazing company
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 September 2019
Amazing company loved every minute of the 4 years I worked there. Only left to go uni. Amazing atmosphere, great opportunity's to earn more money through games.
Growing company in a growing sector!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Midland4 September 2019
Energy bills increases, carbon emissions, green energy and electric cars are constantly in the news everyday so this sector has massive growth ahead of it, millions of roofs don't have solar - yet!

PSUK is a stable, well run and professional company. I have been working for them long enough to see them grow from just 20 staff to becoming the number one company in domestic solar. They have a number of USPs:

1. Large market share and a recognised name in the industry, highly accredited, the only solar company that I know of that has ISO 9001.
2. Great management team, they understand what customers want and are focused on building a long term business.
3. Unique, best in industry products, created though constant product development - this makes it an easier sell.
4. Experienced installers and project managers do a good quality job so happy customers.
5. Constant lead generation makes for lots of good leads - I never sit around!
6. Lots of earning potential and good payers - so good, committed consultants that put the hours in and know their stuff do 100k+ a year, top performers do about 120k+

It's nice to help the environment while getting paid!
Fun and rewarding place to sell
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 September 2019
I have been at Project Solar for almost two years now and when i first started i had no experience in the solar energy field. I traveled almost two hours to an interview but it was well worth it now i look back. I had to attend an training course which was very in depth but provided me with the knowledge i needed and the training officer put everything across well. The sales director even took some of the training which gave me some confidence in the company. The training was a lot to take in but i persevered and everything came together. i am currently earning more than i have ever earn't in sales which at first i thought was to good to be true.
If you have a backbone and are interested in earning BIG money then this is the place for it. No for the weak or lazy though.
Top Earning Potential
Sales Surveyor (Current Employee) –  North West2 September 2019
Initial interview went very well with the manager who took the interview, I threw lots of questions at him which he had no trouble answering. As I had not sold solar before I was a little apprehensive but I went along and did the training course which gave me the confidence and product information I was needing. All the people we met whilst training were very warm and welcoming and a nice buffet lunch was provided during the course. I found that you don't need solar experience as long as you have your wits about you and you are wiling to work hard then the earning potential is HUGE. I can honestly say that I haven't earnt this amount of money before. Work hard and earn, all I can say is the people who really want to earn do. Some sales experience would help but its not for the weak or someone who wants it handing to them on a plate. I also like the fact that they provided me with appointments which beats door to door as I did in the past.

I made the right choice
Pros
Top earning potentila with good work life balance
Cons
Travel to appointments but worthi ti for the earnings
Hard Work But Worth It
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 September 2019
I had done window sales for a few years but was getting cold leads and people who weren't interested in what I was selling I took a shot on this position as I had no experience with solar.

I had a Informative interview with the manager and was offered to go to the training.
the training facility was brilliant and well decorated (With Info And Products) was taught how to survey a property for solar and all about the products.

All my leads have been warm I have had to travel but it pays off in the end.

really enjoy the role and the earnings it hard work but worth it.
Pros
Uncapped Earnings Warm Leads
Cons
Sometime Have To Travel More Then I Would
Do what i was told at interview
Sales (Current Employee) –  Cheshire20 July 2019
If you work hard you can certainly make the rewards and good income. Great training and schooling over four days.
I think you have to be a salesman to do this job but its not different to any other job Ive done in selling.

If your a wimp and want everything put on a plate then it's not for you!
Pros
Lunches provided while training
Cons
Can be long hours but worth it for the money
Waste of time
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh17 July 2019
Old school high pressure selling which no-one believes any more.
Appointments are terrible, told anything to get you in the door. Figures for returns are ridiculous.
Rubbish
Consultant Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Wrexham8 June 2019
Do not waste your time. Told a pack of lies and get nothing from it. You do everything with little to no help . They do not have a vested interest in sales reps. Night turnover of staff
Pros
Non
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Reddish4 March 2019
Horrible work environment that doesn't care about those who are doing the work to bring in all the money for the company.
Solar Consultant / Salesperson (Former Employee) –  South East UK from Kent to Essex29 December 2018
A lot of talk with no substance, they don't care about the salespersons and how much effort and expense they go to to bring in the work, payment is never on time and the company will decide what you get paid and when. If the installers do not do a good job and the customer complains it is the salesperson they will penalize and not pay.
Overall a horrid place to work with a lot of talk but nothing to back it up, that is why the employee turnover is huge every month.
Pros
No pros that I couold see, we had to pay for our own breakfast at the company sales meetings.
Cons
Must be availabel to work at any hour any day at a moments notice, and you may have to drive up to three hours to an appoinment, or wait days for an appoinment.
Great Company with great products
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Essex21 November 2018
I have worked for Project Solar UK for just over a year. It started with a thorough sales training lasting a week. After that I was sent out to meet my first customers and it took about a month for the penny to drop. Solar Panels themselves are quite easy to sell, but Project Solar guarantee the SEM output so the calculations have to be 100% accurate otherwise you will be sent back to re-sign a new customer.
The Management gives you all the support you need and also push you in order to hit your targets. Senior Management Team are approachable and open to suggestions.
The worst part of the job is not knowing where your appointments are until the evening before, so you can only plan your day by blocking out appointments in the morning, afternoons or evenings. You should expect to sell to at least 1 in 3 appointments. Some customers can't afford to save money. Just like some families can't afford a deposit and as such they are still renting, only they are paying somebody else's mortgage.
The best part is being able to set your own timetable, visiting loads of families and helping them saving money on their utility bills and protecting them from the upcoming utility price increases.
You are totally self-employed with no basic salary and you need to cover your own expenses, but the commissions more than make up for that.
Pros
Commissions and flexibility
Cons
Unsociable hours. But you can balance that and still make a great living
Overall awful
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester17 August 2018
Overall, my experience was awful. If you are NOT a loud, confident, outgoing person then this is NOT the place for you. I would best describe the place as like a club 18-30 holiday camp. The management simply do not know what they are doing. Bad administration and people's confidence is easily bashed.
Pros
excellent car park - nothing else I can really say
Cons
to many to list!
My Workplace is always positive
PV Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 July 2018
This is the perfect job if you’ve got a mouth that never stops like mine.
I practically lived in the building to learn this job.
There’s no other job on this planet that I would rather do. The mental ethos is perfect, the ethics of the company couldn’t be any stronger.
Clients just don’t realise what an amazing company their actual signing up with.
HIES backed but we share that with elite company Of Zanussi and Tesla?
Bank approved lifetime warranties?
Shawbrook who are covered by the Bank of England?

Clients need to appreciate the outstanding efforts Project Solar give.
Total Rolls Royce for the the people for the clients
Cover!
Well....................

You asked🤷🏼‍♂️
Pros
What’s possible to earn is incredible
Cons
No basic
Brilliant place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester11 May 2018
This company is like one big family, where you make friends for life. The work ethic is great and everyone clubs together to help one another.

It is a lovely environment to work in, we have a break out room where there are tables chairs, sofas and games like pool and table football. There is also a kitchen with all the facilities you need to prepare meals and drinks.

We have monthly dress down days and pizza Friday, where the company treat all the staff to pizza hut for lunch!!

There are also other games and incentives that happen on a weekly basis, which is great for staff morale.

To sum up, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Pizza Fridays, dress down days, games and incentives, friendly staff and management
Cons
Nothing negative
Decent Hours and Friendly Workplace.
Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester11 May 2018
Working at Project Solar for nearly 3 years now, the workplace environment always has a positive vibe around its offices.

The staff are sectioned off into smaller groups so you grow closer to the people you work with meaning the working day is made easier as you are going about your business with the same people everyday so you end up knowing everyone's strengths and who is suited to what role.

The Workplace isnt always frantic and rushing around, your day is split up with two breaks and a lunch with a breakout room provided with leisurely activities, or just sofas to chill out on, as well as a provided kitchen too!

All aspects of the jobs can be difficult, there isn't really a hardest part, everyday is different, but that is why you are trained for those situations, sometimes the weekend shift can be a bit of a drag, but always worth the extra money and they aren't that regular as it is all done on a rota.
Pros
Bonuses, Advancement Opportunities, Knowing your managers on a first name basis. Elvis the Cat.
Cons
Stuffy offices
IT support at projectsolar
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire14 September 2017
Lots of opportunities to get involved in different things, the head of IT is a great guy and cant fault him, day to day is relatively simple, and people in the office are knowledgeable and easy to get on with.
Pros
Great environment
Challenging Fun Environment
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Stockport10 October 2016
I only worked for a short period of time in Stockport.

Whilst working there I was provided with all the help I needed. All the training needed.

The products were great, and the support teams were also great. The job in the end was not really for me. Day in work would be calling people and trying to make appointments. I learned a lot about green energy.

Managements, and co-workers made it was it is were like a big family.

Hardest part of the job was waiting for customers to talk to as there is no cold calling. The best bit was incentives, and office games.
Pros
Pizza Days, Good Fun
Cons
Weekly shift changes
Was great not anymore though
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stockport6 October 2016
All incentives were taken away on a monthly basis until it was no longer worth the grief and verbal abuse by management many of us were met with aggression and treated in an unacceptable manner the money was fantastic but again that was lowered to a point where it again was just not worth it
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Project Solar UK. Our community is ready to answer.

Project Solar UK Reviews by Location