Project Solar UK

Project Solar UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews
The training course is very thorough and follow up training is given in your area. Appointments are available to you in line with availability you have to work which means it allows flexibility in the hours you work but as with most things in life you won’t become very successful if you only work a couple of days a week. Solar is a growing sector with all of the less reputable companies now fallen by the wayside leaving professional companies such as project solar to lead the market with high quality offerings.
BEWARE! ‘Newbies’ work 7 days a week and get all the rubbish! appointments are well screened and graded with the ‘favourite inner-circle’ reps earning 6 figure incomes with well cherry picked leads.

The Masses of new agents who come and go all the time, because they get loads of ‘run-abouts’ often travelling hundreds of miles a day for ‘quote only’ calls including sat/sun. PS use neebees for warming up only, and will phone afterwards offering a much more cheaper price cutting out the sales person commission. Lots of promises and lies, don’t work for these even if you think you’re a great salesman, because that what they rely on.
Official response from Project Solar UK
16 June 2020
Many thanks for leaving this review. We agree it is important that you leave honest and more importantly factual and truthful feedback. Unfortunately though I have to disagree with a lot of what you are claiming, the contents of which appears to be malicious following your subsequent resignation.

Here at Project Solar UK we have over 100 sales agents and sadly you only worked with a very small team, who you appear to have took it upon yourself to speak on their behalf. Our surveys paint a totally different story which details very satisfied and happy sales people. If you also read our reviews on Turspilot you will see many of these detail a positive and true reflection on the way we treat our hardworking and dedicated customers and reviews of the company and sales force.

The training costs taken from you cover the time, effort, administration costs, external training supplied [as despite what you claim, you were placed on your first aid course and a safer administration of medicine within the first 3 weeks of joining us]. All of this comes at a cost.

Just a few other things to clarify too:-

- We take staff performance very seriously and we only want the best representing us. This is why we tackle poor performance quickly, as not every meets our high standards. We understand at times though this will lead to disgruntled sales people taking it out on us if things don't work out.

I hope that my response to your review gives other people reading this an opportunity to see the other side of the story - as nothing always looks as it seems.
Strong points: Lots of little benefits such as fruit, free tea & coffee, the salary is fine, some colleagues are a delight to work with, nice office environment.

Low points: Terrible culture regarding those who have been working with the company a long time, propensity to throw other people to the sharks or not acknowledge contribution if it helps with their own self-promotion. Awful lines of communication and senior management who refuse to accept that problems with the organisation start with them. A lot of the newer recruits don't last, due to the realisation that PSUK say the right things but don't actually deliver on them. The bonus scheme is terrible and not communicated accurately during the interview process or by any management, it's loosely based on a bell curve which then becomes a popularity / political choice.

This isn't the place to work if you want to contribute, with reward! If however you are politically savvy, have little conscience or loyalty to your fellow staff and are comfortable navigating your way in such an environment then it's absolutely fine.

Good luck to you.
Pros
Pizza Friday
Cons
Patronising management who aren't in their position on merit.
The quality and distance of leads was poor (not always)

The majority of management were encouraging and easy to approach. unfortunately mine was not.
Lovely place to work, everyone gets along no divides with staff.
Full training throughout if i need help, i ask and i get.

Great team to work with. Always motivated feel motivated and incentives every other day even bingo every Friday with £200 up for grabs.

Good location with plenty of food options in the surrounding areas.

Best call centre I have work in.
I worked with Project Solar for 2 and a half years. After 1 year I progressed into management. Everyone is very welcoming and easy-going. I couldn’t recommend this company enough!
The immediate management support is exceptional, helping to develop your skills and income.
Each day is a fresh start so being optimistic is straightforward and with excellent earning potential, it’s a job you can look forward to on a daily basis.

Being able to offer a superb product which leaves clients better off whilst helping the environment is also a benefit you can take pride in.
I have been with PSUK for over 3 years and still enjoy it. You get very well rewarded for commitment, reliability, professionalism and hard work. Whats wrong with that? I am an engineer by trade so am not a career salesman, yet I make a good living with the company. The training, I am a qualified adult trainer, is intense and thorough, which is necessary. There is good support afterwards if you want/need to access it, including 1 to 1 sessions and on the telephone. The appointments are ample and are allocated the night before, which is necessary as this reduces cancellations etc. The company is very professional and the products are the best available and always being improved which, coupled with the investment options available to customers, make the sales process easier. Of those that I have met who don't make the grade they have been either unwilling to learn about the company and the products, refuse to dress or even act appropriately in customers houses (we are invited guests after all), or won't put in the miles. It is too easy to blame the company, managers and others for their own failures. Once a system is installed you don't even have to wait too long to get paid, usually in 2 weeks. Where else can you get these excellent benefits? If you want to earn an excellent income and fit the above criteria, even if you have no experience in sales, I would recommend PSUK.
I have worked at Project Solar for 5 years and the job is what you make it. There is the potential to earn a fantastic living and set your own working hours but there is also the potential to fall on your face, it all depends on you.

I received great training on the head office course and was then passed to my regional management team where I spent a day getting additional training. From the end of the training I was very enthusiastic about the product, being able to help so many of my prospects futureproof their household against energy cost increase and also do my bit to help the environment. Appointments are not always next door to each other and do require a drive but the commission offered makes it worth it all day long. I have applied myself to the job, am detemined to succeed and use the training I have been given and I have done really well. However I have seen other people from my course try and work their own way, thinking they know better and failed to succeed.

There is great support when I need it, scheduled regional meetings, extra training and I can always speak to someone if I feel I need additional help. Leads are pre qualified and I get a lot of them. I think we could all pick a hole somewhere and say that we want every lead to be perfect and for them to be next door to each other but having worked at a few direct sales companies you need to be realistic. I personally feel that this company offers a great package for the client, products and warranties that cannot be matched, a very good lead flow and all the support I need to succeed (as long as I turn
 - more...
Pros
Great support and earning potential
Cons
Driving required
Course excellent, informative & polished. End of course pumped, 110% focused. Believed in Product, Company & Me. At this point you fall to regional Mgr. No ability to plan appts issued night b4. No support training. It may be regional but very little support. Most of team feel unsupported. Massive Shame. Playing with peoples lives and well being more like 1990 sales management.
Does not care about your feelings, targeting you and picking on you everyday. Interview suggests you can work hard and progress, but that is not the case! They hold you back and make you look bad infront of the call centre manager during their 1-1. They build a bond with you in the beginning and eventually start twisting your words to make the trainer and team leaders look right. Everybody behaves like its a social event, they are very loud and do not care that customers are struggling to hear us. We get told to tell the customer that its a loud call centre and that they need to understand. Big mouths, always talking about eachother. They are not organised. They are not willing to tell us the commission structure, neither do they inform us about cut off date. Had to ask repetitively for payslips. Thumbs up to team leader D for being polite at all times and for always being real with her personality and character.
They were a good place to work if you like being micro managed and paid peanuts.

The management had a few issues but overall mostly the staff where nice and welcoming.
Stressful place to work with nagging "managers" on your back constantly. If you are going to work here, don't dare be 10 seconds late off your dinner/break or its WW3. You have to ask if you can go to the toilet (really?). Typical minimum wage job and the commission I'm sure they make up as they go along.
After the training, you're left on your own with little on no support from head office. If you don't sell on the night then the company will phone client up and then offer a price that much lower than you can offer which cuts you out of the commission, in other words, they get you to warm client up and then sell directly to the client and not pay you the 10% comms
Energy bills increases, carbon emissions, green energy and electric cars are constantly in the news everyday so this sector has massive growth ahead of it, millions of roofs don't have solar - yet!

PSUK is a stable, well run and professional company. I have been working for them long enough to see them grow from just 20 staff to becoming the number one company in domestic solar. They have a number of USPs:

1. Large market share and a recognised name in the industry, highly accredited, the only solar company that I know of that has ISO 9001.

2. Great management team, they understand what customers want and are focused on building a long term business.

3. Unique, best in industry products, created though constant product development - this makes it an easier sell.

4. Experienced installers and project managers do a good quality job so happy customers.

5. Constant lead generation makes for lots of good leads - I never sit around!

6. Lots of earning potential and good payers - so good, committed consultants that put the hours in and know their stuff do 100k+ a year, top performers do about 120k+

It's nice to help the environment while getting paid!
I have been at Project Solar for almost two years now and when i first started i had no experience in the solar energy field. I traveled almost two hours to an interview but it was well worth it now i look back. I had to attend an training course which was very in depth but provided me with the knowledge i needed and the training officer put everything across well. The sales director even took some of the training which gave me some confidence in the company. The training was a lot to take in but i persevered and everything came together. i am currently earning more than i have ever earn't in sales which at first i thought was to good to be true.
If you have a backbone and are interested in earning BIG money then this is the place for it. No for the weak or lazy though.
Initial interview went very well with the manager who took the interview, I threw lots of questions at him which he had no trouble answering. As I had not sold solar before I was a little apprehensive but I went along and did the training course which gave me the confidence and product information I was needing. All the people we met whilst training were very warm and welcoming and a nice buffet lunch was provided during the course. I found that you don't need solar experience as long as you have your wits about you and you are wiling to work hard then the earning potential is HUGE. I can honestly say that I haven't earnt this amount of money before. Work hard and earn, all I can say is the people who really want to earn do. Some sales experience would help but its not for the weak or someone who wants it handing to them on a plate. I also like the fact that they provided me with appointments which beats door to door as I did in the past.

I made the right choice
Pros
Top earning potentila with good work life balance
Cons
Travel to appointments but worthi ti for the earnings
I had done window sales for a few years but was getting cold leads and people who weren't interested in what I was selling I took a shot on this position as I had no experience with solar.

I had a Informative interview with the manager and was offered to go to the training.

the training facility was brilliant and well decorated (With Info And Products) was taught how to survey a property for solar and all about the products.

All my leads have been warm I have had to travel but it pays off in the end.

really enjoy the role and the earnings it hard work but worth it.
Pros
Uncapped Earnings Warm Leads
Cons
Sometime Have To Travel More Then I Would
If you work hard you can certainly make the rewards and good income. Great training and schooling over four days.
I think you have to be a salesman to do this job but its not different to any other job Ive done in selling.

If your a wimp and want everything put on a plate then it's not for you!
Pros
Lunches provided while training
Cons
Can be long hours but worth it for the money
Old school high pressure selling which no-one believes any more.
Appointments are terrible, told anything to get you in the door. Figures for returns are ridiculous.
Cons
Do not waste your time. Told a pack of lies and get nothing from it. You do everything with little to no help . They do not have a vested interest in sales reps. Night turnover of staff
Pros
Non