Professional Carers Employee Reviews

Love my job!
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Wirral27 December 2018
Been working for Pro Carers now since September.
Love it - the team are amazing, my clients are adorable and I couldn't see myself doing any other job.
Had never done care work before but I got full training and I've since done my care certificate, something I never dreamed I could do.
Thanks to the supervisors as well who are so supportive and helpful.
Pros
Great team to work with, proud to be apart of this company!
Cons
Shifts can be hard work as a walker, but I expected that.
5 stars from me!
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside5 August 2018
Love working for Prodessional Carers - felt supported from the word go. Never done this type of work before, so was quite nervous. Felt welcome and reassured from the start. Took me a good few months to get my confidence but glad I persisted. My clients are all fab and the job gives me a lot of satisfaction. I’m never short of hours and if I want more I just have to ask. When I first started searching for Care work I was faced with so many decisions, given the amount of care companies out there. Had the opportunity to work for a few, but glad I picked Professional Carers as they definitely stood out from the rest!
Pros
Well run, good teamwork, lovely clients
Cons
Shifts are quite tiring as they can be long
Lovely staff, clients and culture
Care worker (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, Merseyside25 July 2018
I worked for Professional Carers for a couple of months as I wanted to get some experience in order to pursue a career in nursing. The training week was really useful and set you up well for the job, although you definitely need to throw yourself into the deep end as you learn the most when you’re on the job itself.

During your training week you discuss with the office staff how many hours you would like to do and they arrange a weekly shift pattern for you, as you work the same hours and days every week. This was a huge benefit for me as you could plan things for your days off well in advance. The shifts are 7am-2pm and 4pm-10pm. I had a mixture of early shifts, lates and full days (one full day being the 7am- 2pm as well as the 4pm-10pm). If you’re full time, you have to work at least one full day at the weekend.

You get your weekly call schedule on your phone every Friday. I found there to be very few gaps between calls and as a walker, they were never too far apart. Another big positive!

As for the job itself, it’s largely helping people wash/get dressed, emptying commodes, very light housework, preparing meals and giving out medications. All of my clients were absolutely lovely and I really enjoyed chatting to them and talking about their lives.

The staff in my area (New Brighton) were all amazing and so welcoming. They could probably see how terrified I was in my first couple of weeks but they put me at ease and gave me lots of help and advice. Nothing was ever too much for them!
Same goes for the management and other office staff - any questions or
  more... concerns, they were always on the end of the phone and they always have your back.

Overall, I was very nervous about joining a care company as I’d heard so many horror stories from friends and family about other companies etc. Professional Carers is different. They’re so supportive and the company feels like one big community, where everyone looks out for one another. If you’re looking to get into care work or health care in general, Professional Carers is the place to go. I absolutely loved my time there and would happily go back!
Pros
Set days, few gaps between calls, lovely staff and clients
30 July 2018

Thank you for such lovely feedback :) We really do value what our employees say about our service so thank you for taking the time to review us!

Lovely company, family run, treated as a person not a number.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside2 July 2018
I really enjoyed working for Professional Carers. My employees were caring and friendly and always there to help and re-assure. Care work with this company was suitable for my lifestyle and also very rewarding as I helped assist vulnerable people in there own home. Their was a good team spirit here and everyone had one goal - to provide the best care they could. Sadly I had to leave due to a family member becoming ill, but I will definitely return one day!
Pros
Plenty of perks inc employee incentives, rewards, good pay, free mobile phone
Cons
Shift work often at weekends
30 July 2018

Thank you for taking this time to review our company - we really do value what our employees say whether current or not. Thanks again :)

Challenging but rewarding
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside15 April 2018
They provide all the training required to face the challenges in a typical day. The equipment and tools needed are up-to-date and good quality. They keep you on regular runs, if that's what you want. There's no pressure to cover shifts but be prepared you will be pestered. It isn’t the offices fault, it’s just because demand in this industry is so high - I often hear how the hospitals are crying out to free to space so they need to send people home. When we are short everyone pulls together though to make it all work smoothly, which I like.

My colleagues all work together and we have a good team spirit. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the long days and hours. The best part is doing something positive to enable clients to live independently, by meeting and helping clients and they are happy with your assistance. I came from an agency who didn’t do reablement (or star as it’s called). This offers a bit of variety and I like seeing my clients become more independent. There is no typical day at work and every day brings something different - this is why I love this job.
Pros
Good team spirit, managers care, office team friendly, plenty of work
Cons
Early starts late finishes, time to complete calls is limited meaning pressure to complete
30 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Feedback is very important to us as a company and we always seek to improve our services were we can. Kind regards.

Great workplace
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallasey27 March 2018
Loved working here, highly recommend this company and the best in its kind by a mile , great staff and great managers too, I really enjoyed my days and loved waking up for work :) it’s the kind of job that you don’t dread in the mornings
Pros
Good pay, as many hours as you want you will get, good communication, all round good job
15 April 2018

Hi - Thank you for taking the time to leave this review :) This type of feedback really is appreciated and it is nice to know we are doing things right ! Thanks again.

Happy happy happy :)
Community Carer (Current Employee) –  Wirral1 March 2018
I currently work as a Community Health Care Assistant for Professional Carers and love my job, my colleagues and most of all my clients. Excellent support network and training is excellent. I am already on my Lv3 in Health and Social Care after completing my Lv2 last year. If you are thinking of a career change or wanting to move companies, try the Pro Carers team - I am so thankful i did!
Pros
My love clients! Good team ethic, everyone is proud to work here.
Cons
it is hard work, long hours
15 April 2018

Hi - Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is so important to receive such honest feedback and we always listen to this so we can improve our services. Regards, The Management.

good company to work for !
Community Carer (Current Employee) –  Wirral22 January 2018
The days start at 7am until 2pm then 4pm til 10 pm 5 days a week.

It is a very rewarding job and there are great carers and some wonderful service users who we all adore!

It is the best place I have worked to date, the staff are nice, well most of them, good money too and the clients are lovely. I never had issues, the team are supportive, office staff are approachable and it is easy money compared to some agencies.

I definitely think it is a good place to start if you want a job in elderly care as the training is good!!

It definitely needs people who are committed and who genuinely want to make a difference in promoting the welfare of elderly people. It can make a very satisfying career.
Pros
pay good, the clients, meeting new people
15 April 2018

Thank you for the honest feedback - we agree the role of a Care worker is very demanding, coupled with long hours it is very difficult work. We hope the satisfaction many of our staff get makes up for this though by helping those that need our support :)

rewarding job but by no means easy.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside21 December 2017
Being a community care worker is hard work - long hours and long days. It helps when the company you work for value what you do, and you can't help but feel like you are valued by the managers here, especially when they go out of their way to buy you each a gift at Christmas and recognise those that work hard. I know a few that have had a fuss made over them when they get good feedback, and a few of my colleagues have received vouchers for good work which is nice. Suppose this makes a change to being just being treated like a number rather than a person! Ive not had any issues to date, wages always paid on time [which is a biggy in my eyes!] and I feel comfortable to approach anyone in the office if I did have a problem, unlike some places I have worked where the manager was 'always busy'.

Don't be afraid to apply for this company if you've never done care work before, the owner is quite involved in the training from the start so its obvious they want the right people representing them before you go out alone in the community. Really enjoyed my induction, and I think it prepares you - although you obviously learn the most actually on the job. I actually know a few that have gone on to work for the NHS following a job here, which I suppose just goes to show you can get some great experience and training from them.

I have found all the care staff to be pleasant so far, bar the odd grumpy one or two, some of them haven't worked for other agencies so they don't really know whats it like working elsewhere in this industry ... if you ask me they don't know they are born!!
  more...

I think something that definitely stands out is the passion shown for giving good quality care - most of the managers and office staff have been carers themselves - which if you ask me speaks volumes!! They basically wouldn't ask you to do something they wouldn't be prepared to do themselves.
Pros
clients are so lovely, making a difference, feeling part of a team
Cons
long hours, cold and dark nights out on your own
22 January 2018

Hi - Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is so important to receive such honest feedback and we always listen to this so we can improve our services. Our employee's are important to us and it is great news to hear you feel valued! We work hard to satisfy all our carers needs and it is pleasing to read such a positive and candid review. Thanks again! Regards, The Management.

Like one big family A++++
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside13 November 2017
Brilliant company to work for. Truly feltl part of a team from the moment I walked into the door. A bunch of staff who only want the best for the clients, that’s everyone’s main priority - and how it should be.
Pros
Great place to work, we are all like one big family
Cons
Not being able to spend longer with clients
22 January 2018

What lovely feedback!! Thank you for taking the time to send this. We too wish we could stay with our service users for longer, this is why we do what we do!

Regards, Professional Carers Management.

Very impressed so far.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside8 November 2017
Typical day - assisting clients on the toilet emptying commodes, changing pads and any medication that needed giving, preparing breakfast / lunch and tea, taking out clients supporting them.

Very rewarding job however hard work. always done this job so knew what to expect.

Office team seem very approachable, training and pay is good - so nothing to complain about. Seems like a good company to work for so far and all the teams seem happy. Have a roster with regular clients on weekly runs - so couldnt really ask for more.
Pros
pay, clients, satsifaction
Cons
not the best job to do in the winter as a walker.
22 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, it is very much appreciated - Professional Carers

No two days are the same!
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside2 October 2017
Working for Professional Carers has given me so many new different skills and increased my confidence in my abilities. This is one of the most rewarding jobs I could ever think of doing and I would recommend this company to anyone who finds interacting with other people rewarding. Training was great, full weeks induction with the management all whom are really passionate about what they do.

Heard a few staff moaning but suppose you get that everywhere. I’ve had no issues to date, absolutely love my service users and my run is all pretty local.

I do a lot of single calls which is fine as long as you don’t mind working on your own.

Not long come out of my probationary period and had a pay rise which was nice. I also got a lovely letter welcoming me as a permanent member of the team. Never had that before - so was nice to see the management recognising my performance.

Overall couldn’t recommend this company enough.

Give it a go :)
Pros
Clients, training, team work
Cons
Paid monthly - prefer weekly but you get used to it.
Ok
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside2 August 2017
Didnt really have a problem. Work was good office ok, no confidentiality again here. Really enjoyed working with the other carers all really friendly.
4 August 2017

Hi - thank you for your feedback. I am sorry your employment with us never worked out but If you would like to supply me with specific information corroborating your claims concerning confidentiality breaches please contact us direct.These types of allegations are very serious and we will investigate any claims [malicious or otherwise] brought to ur attention.

Kind regards.

good company to work for so far!
Community Carer (Current Employee) –  Wirral18 July 2017
Worked for this company now for a few months and find the training to be excellent. This was a new role for me having never done community care, previously worked in a residential home and when I was there i was literally dumped on my own and told to get on with it. This company never did that, they supported me along the way, gave me the skills i needed and then put me out with an experienced carer to shadow them before i went independent. It was alot to take in at first however I quickly settled in and everyone was supportive. The hours can be long so by the end of the day I am usually shattered, but I find it to be a very rewarding role. I have built some great rapport with my clients and their families. The pay is not bad [more than the average] and I get mileage, I have also been signed up to do my NVQ which is good.
Pros
same rota each week so i can plan what to do on my days off, plenty of extra work available if i want it, excellent training, approachable office team.
Cons
long days, weekend work, early starts.
Awful place to work in every single way
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallasey, Merseyside6 July 2017
Management of this company is apalling and quite frankly couldn't care less about carers or clients. I would advise anybody thinking of starting here not to. Training is apalling and does not equip you for doing the job. The company have awful communication skills and have attitude problems. They have to be the most disorganised company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
No travel time, 14 hour shifts, Disorganised and bad management, Careless attitude
10 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry your employment with us never worked out - Professional Carers employs many care staff who are more than happy with the support, training and opportunities to develop that are on offer.

We do anticipate that from time to time employee's who are not successful in their employment may take a disliking to the way they have been challenged regarding poor performance, attitude or inability to complete the role. As a company we operate at very high standards and sadly not all staff are able to meet the needs of the company.

We wish you the best of luck in your future employment.

couldnt see myself working for another company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside25 June 2017
if you have a passion for helping people and making a difference, care work is the best! the staff here all do a fantastic job, ok the anti social hours arent great, but it is worth it when you see the smile on your clients faces everyday when you arrive. from the minute i started work here i was treated well, supported and giving everything i need to do the job properly. the first time i put my brand spanking new uniform on i felt proud to be part of the company. they really do care. i have seen a few staff go because there performance wasnt up to scratch and the management challenged it, thats good to see as these people dont deserve to be called carers - only apply if you are serious about this job, professional by name professional carers by nature!
Pros
job satisfaction, good training and support from management, paid well above minimum wage, everyone is passionate about giving a good service
Cons
anti social hours, long days, can get contacted alot on days off but that is expected for a care agency
couldnt see myself working for another company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moreton25 June 2017
if your serious about being a care worker, join professional carers. this company really is the bee's knee's, if your just joining to see what its like, go and work in a shop or for another agency. this company invests so much effort and time into making us the best, from the minute i started my training to the support in the community after i went independant, i felt like i was part of a team. everyone was so welcoming and helpful. yes i know it is hard work, but its worth every second seeing the happiness of my clients faces when i arrive to help them start their day. unless your 100% commited do not apply, because i have seen staff come and go who aren't, and the management spot it from a mile away and deal with them. if you want to join a company that treats you properly, appreciates your hard work and supports you every step of the way, definately apply - you wont look back.
Pros
paid above min wage, job satisfaction, feel part of a team
Cons
long hours, weekend and evening work - but what do you expect from a care working role
Great job ....Great staff ....Great environment
Domiciliary Carer (Current Employee) –  Liscard Wallasey Wirral25 May 2017
I love working for professional carers, the training is fantastic and always ongoing so you are constantly learning, they also put you forward for nvqs which I am in the middle of doing. They are very encouraging. The rest of the staff that you get to meet while out and about working or training are all so nice. The company has a high standard of care and this makes me feel proud to wear their uniform and be a representative of the company.
A company that cares & makes you feel valued
Carer in the community (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside2 May 2017
Been working in care for a long time & have to say this company is by far the best , 10 out of 10 , they care & reward you for caring , not only in pay ,you get vouchers & thank you cards & feed back from family members about how happy they are , they can't do enough for you , from the top of this company to every carer iv met are all professional caring & great team to work for , they support each other & I highly recommend this place to everyone , don't be unhappy in your role as a carer , it took me many years to find a company that care's & from the moment I walked in the door I new this was the place for me & how right I was .
I can honestly say I feel proud to work at professional carers as a carer & I feel very proud to wear the lovely uniform . ( my own family say how smart I look & my mum is so proud of me )
I'v worked in residential homes & loved it ,but working in the community & the one to one is amazing & iv never looked back , I treat my clients like my own mother & father like to be treated & supporting them in the own home is just not like a job it's truly special & iv now got an extended family who look forward to my visits , giving them support to remain living at home is a pleasure & at the end of my day I have a smile on my face .
Pros
Make you feel part of a team & they are proud of there carers
A job you will never leave once you start
Carer (Current Employee) –  Wallasey3 June 2017
Excellent rates of pay , carers that really do care & the owner manager all the team listen & are there for the carers & clients 100 per cent , couldn't fault anyone , I've never been so happy in a job
Pros
Supported & valued

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Professional Carers. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6