Play YouTube video button
Professional Carers

Professional Carers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom42 reviews
Featured review
Professional Carers selected this as a representative review
I have worked for professional carers for 6 years now and I couldn’t see my self working for anyone else. Over the years I have seen so many people leave and then come back. I know a lot of people who work for other company’s and they do not compare to professional carers. I feel proud when people ask me where I work. Everything the owner does she does because she truly cares I think if she had to she would do it for Monopoly money. It’s personal to her. Being at professional carers doesn’t feel like a job I love all my clients. I get the same hours and same clients each week. The office staff are very approachable. If there is anything I ever need I know I can just give them a call or even a txt. The job it’s self is a very rewarding job you feel like you are making a difference and it’s a very important job and if being a care assistant is what you want to do then I would highly recommend giving professional carers and try.
We also are always having fun things at the office for carers and clients for example Christmas parties

Birthday parties

In the summer we where invited in to get lollie ices

They bought a coffee machine for every to use

Lots of rewards up for grabs too like carer of the year, employee of the month

I just don’t know of any other company like this
Pros
Rewarding job
1 October 2019
Hi - many thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback. It is so important to us :)
Working for this organisation is lovely. Great rates of pay. Hours are long but beneficial to the industry you work in. part time work requirements are at least x1 evening a week and a weekend shift.
I can work on my own initiative. I am a strong and a hard worker who is a punctual person who wants to succeed which I believe I have and is important.
I absolutely love my job working for this company - there is nothing bad I can say! Slightly saddens me to read some bad press from other staff who were dismissed or left due to them not being up to scratch, and thats there own fault. If you come in and do your job to the best of your ability this company will support, nuture and develop you in every way that they can!!
I want to say thank you for giving me this amazing opportunity.
11 November 2019
Hi - thank you for leaving such a positive review. Your honest feedback is important to us and it is our pleasure - you are a valued member of the team and we are so happy to have you on board :) Welcome to our family!!
I left the company in May 2019 without giving notice as I was fed up of the way I was treated.
First of all when you join the company, you spend a whole week at the office doing induction training (YOU DONT GET PAID for this but they forget to mention this in the interview), when i say induction training, its basically a week of sitting there with the owner telling us life stories about herself and watching training videos, then we all fill in the answers together so we all pass. The only useful part of training was when the supervisor who is very nice showed us manual handling in the mock up house, this is actually very helpful. You then have to sign a form to agree that if you leave before 6 months of employment you have to pay £250 to the company for the training, but have no idea what you would pay for as they don't even bring in any outside companies to do training, its just prerecorded videos and stories from the owner (yawn). You then get your uniform which you have to pay for and its very expensive. The company is made up of the mother who is the owner and the son and daughter are managers. I then spent a day shadowing with an experienced member of staff who spent the day telling me bad things about the company, The following week I got my rota and started work. I only wanted 16 hours but I was out of the house like a was working full time as you only get paid for the actual call times, so quite often you get a lot of gaps between calls that are unpaid and you have to sometimes walk the street if you don't drive for up to an hour at a time waiting for your next
1 October 2019
Many thanks for leaving this review. We agree it is important that you leave honest and more importantly factual and truthful feedback. Unfortunately though I have to disagree with a lot of what you are claiming, the contents of which appears to be malicious following your subsequent resignation before we dismissed you.

The reference provided to your new employer was factual and detailed your continuous absence from work and ongoing performance concerns – this was despite us supporting you continually to improve. We therefore cannot be held responsible for your behaviour. We have a duty to report these concerns especially when it relates to work involving care and support of vulnerable people. Wouldn't your mum want to receive care from reliable and competent member of staff.

Here at Professional Carers we employ over 150 care workers and sadly you only worked with a very small team, who you appear to have took it upon yourself to speak on their behalf. Our annual employee survey paints a totally different story which details very satisfied and happy carers. If you also read our reviews on indeed you will see many of these detail a positive and true reflection on the way we treat our hardworking and dedicated staff.

Furthermore, may I also just say, when checking your training feedback sheet - you marked every area after your induction as 'Excellent' including the contents and structure of the training. In fact, your additional comments read 'I thoroughly enjoyed the induction training but in particular the training provided by the owner which was fantastic, I learnt so
 - more...
Amazing company to work for.
Lovely family run business and the owners get their hands dirty like the rest of us.

The training is brilliant and they have great staff incentives.

The hours are long and tiring as with any care job but the fact you are being paid with limit gaps makes it much more employees friendly than other care companies I’ve worked for. You are treated like a person not just a number.

Care work isn’t for everyone, but if it is you could not find a better company to work for.

I’ve had to leave due to family circumstances but I would not hesitate to go back.
Pros
Staff incentives. Carer of the month, genuine management
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is so important that other people are able to see a glimpse of what it is like working for us. We are sorry that you had to leave but your welcome back at any time :)
Very supportive management and office staff, everyone I've worked with so far has been very friendly, and very helpful! There is always someone you can call if you have a problem or question. Amazing training! Sian x
Pros
Always extra hours to pick up
1 October 2019
Thanks for the feedback - it is important our followers or anyone thinking of joining us hears from our staff about how they are treated. Thank you Sian :)
Gary
Your treated like family and they give you has many hours as you desire. Very understanding and always keep you with regular clients. Holidays are fair.
Pros
Fun and cheerful
Cons
Long hours sometimes
1 October 2019
We pride ourselves on being a family run company - when we say family though this includes every single one of our employee's. As we are one big family !! Thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback :)
It’s true what they say, we aren’t just employees, we are part of a family for this company. Everyone supports each other and the service users are the most important things. I’ve seen some amazing staff develop into fantastic Carers and that’s due to the support from the office team. Not all companies are like this one. Yes it isn’t always plain sailing, and the job is hard work - but isn’t every job. It’s the little things that matter, like being able to walk into the office and be greeted by a smile from the owner, managers and other staff. To feel appreciated in your role and to know you are supported and everyone has your best interests at heart is what matters. I’ve seen a few staff leave because they think the grass maybe be greener, then watched them crawl back begging for their job back. If your thinking of working in care definitely read the reviews of all the companies, as it is so important you know what your are getting yourself into. Luckily I made the right choice joining Professional Carers, and hopefully you will too !

Ps I’ve done loads of training, got my NVQ and thinking of applying for senior care worker. It’s nice to see I have the opportunities to develop.
Pros
Training, support from colleagues, free Samsung phone (which is ace), clients
Cons
Lots of walking, long shifts, would prefer weekly or for nightly pay.
1 March 2019
Thank you for such lovely feedback :) We really do value what our employees say about our service so thank you for taking the time to review us!
I've only been with professional carers for three weeks now and I am thoroughly enjoying every minute of it.
I've completed my care certificate with them and my manager has booked me on for a nvq level 2 health and social care already! The staff and clients are so friendly. If you are looking for a job in care even if you haven't done care before then go to professional carers!
Pros
Amazing staff and clients, brilliant training
Cons
Can be long hours but that's expected
1 March 2019
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Professional Carers?
They took their time to match up the carer with their client. Management were always on hand to listen. Clients were chosen carefully for each carer, and their places of work.
Been working for Pro Carers now since September.
Love it - the team are amazing, my clients are adorable and I couldn't see myself doing any other job.

Had never done care work before but I got full training and I've since done my care certificate, something I never dreamed I could do.

Thanks to the supervisors as well who are so supportive and helpful.
Pros
Great team to work with, proud to be apart of this company!
Cons
Shifts can be hard work as a walker, but I expected that.
1 March 2019
A typical day at work can be very busy depending on the workload and whom you are working with.

There can be laughter among staff and clients. There can be a phone call for Paramedics

You can work with people whom are team players and others who want to get paid doing the bare minimum.

In situations as these, yon just have to plan how you will get the job done. 9/10 times the duties are completed. 1/10, I would stay behind to finish without a frown.

Arrived home at night or collect the children from school, if it was an early shift, knowing I've done MY BEST..
Pros
Seeing people get along as a family
Cons
Shifts and Family life
Love working for Prodessional Carers - felt supported from the word go. Never done this type of work before, so was quite nervous. Felt welcome and reassured from the start. Took me a good few months to get my confidence but glad I persisted. My clients are all fab and the job gives me a lot of satisfaction. I’m never short of hours and if I want more I just have to ask. When I first started searching for Care work I was faced with so many decisions, given the amount of care companies out there. Had the opportunity to work for a few, but glad I picked Professional Carers as they definitely stood out from the rest!
Pros
Well run, good teamwork, lovely clients
Cons
Shifts are quite tiring as they can be long
1 March 2019
I worked for Professional Carers for a couple of months as I wanted to get some experience in order to pursue a career in nursing. The training week was really useful and set you up well for the job, although you definitely need to throw yourself into the deep end as you learn the most when you’re on the job itself.

During your training week you discuss with the office staff how many hours you would like to do and they arrange a weekly shift pattern for you, as you work the same hours and days every week. This was a huge benefit for me as you could plan things for your days off well in advance. The shifts are 7am-2pm and 4pm-10pm. I had a mixture of early shifts, lates and full days (one full day being the 7am- 2pm as well as the 4pm-10pm). If you’re full time, you have to work at least one full day at the weekend.

You get your weekly call schedule on your phone every Friday. I found there to be very few gaps between calls and as a walker, they were never too far apart. Another big positive!

As for the job itself, it’s largely helping people wash/get dressed, emptying commodes, very light housework, preparing meals and giving out medications. All of my clients were absolutely lovely and I really enjoyed chatting to them and talking about their lives.

The staff in my area (New Brighton) were all amazing and so welcoming. They could probably see how terrified I was in my first couple of weeks but they put me at ease and gave me lots of help and advice. Nothing was ever too much for them!

Same goes for the management and other office staff - any questions or
 - more...
Pros
Set days, few gaps between calls, lovely staff and clients
30 July 2018
I really enjoyed working for Professional Carers. My employees were caring and friendly and always there to help and re-assure. Care work with this company was suitable for my lifestyle and also very rewarding as I helped assist vulnerable people in there own home. Their was a good team spirit here and everyone had one goal - to provide the best care they could. Sadly I had to leave due to a family member becoming ill, but I will definitely return one day!
Pros
Plenty of perks inc employee incentives, rewards, good pay, free mobile phone
Cons
Shift work often at weekends
30 July 2018
Thank you for taking this time to review our company - we really do value what our employees say whether current or not. Thanks again :)
Looking after my father for the last 4 years. Was not working for the last 4 years due to being a Professional Carer for my dying father who passed away on the 27th April 2018
They provide all the training required to face the challenges in a typical day. The equipment and tools needed are up-to-date and good quality. They keep you on regular runs, if that's what you want. There's no pressure to cover shifts but be prepared you will be pestered. It isn’t the offices fault, it’s just because demand in this industry is so high - I often hear how the hospitals are crying out to free to space so they need to send people home. When we are short everyone pulls together though to make it all work smoothly, which I like.

My colleagues all work together and we have a good team spirit. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the long days and hours. The best part is doing something positive to enable clients to live independently, by meeting and helping clients and they are happy with your assistance. I came from an agency who didn’t do reablement (or star as it’s called). This offers a bit of variety and I like seeing my clients become more independent. There is no typical day at work and every day brings something different - this is why I love this job.
Pros
Good team spirit, managers care, office team friendly, plenty of work
Cons
Early starts late finishes, time to complete calls is limited meaning pressure to complete
30 July 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Feedback is very important to us as a company and we always seek to improve our services were we can. Kind regards.
Loved working here, highly recommend this company and the best in its kind by a mile , great staff and great managers too, I really enjoyed my days and loved waking up for work :) it’s the kind of job that you don’t dread in the mornings
Pros
Good pay, as many hours as you want you will get, good communication, all round good job
15 April 2018
Hi - Thank you for taking the time to leave this review :) This type of feedback really is appreciated and it is nice to know we are doing things right ! Thanks again.
I currently work as a Community Health Care Assistant for Professional Carers and love my job, my colleagues and most of all my clients. Excellent support network and training is excellent. I am already on my Lv3 in Health and Social Care after completing my Lv2 last year. If you are thinking of a career change or wanting to move companies, try the Pro Carers team - I am so thankful i did!
Pros
My love clients! Good team ethic, everyone is proud to work here.
Cons
it is hard work, long hours
15 April 2018
Hi - Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is so important to receive such honest feedback and we always listen to this so we can improve our services. Regards, The Management.
The days start at 7am until 2pm then 4pm til 10 pm 5 days a week.

It is a very rewarding job and there are great carers and some wonderful service users who we all adore!

It is the best place I have worked to date, the staff are nice, well most of them, good money too and the clients are lovely. I never had issues, the team are supportive, office staff are approachable and it is easy money compared to some agencies.

I definitely think it is a good place to start if you want a job in elderly care as the training is good!!

It definitely needs people who are committed and who genuinely want to make a difference in promoting the welfare of elderly people. It can make a very satisfying career.
Pros
pay good, the clients, meeting new people
15 April 2018
Thank you for the honest feedback - we agree the role of a Care worker is very demanding, coupled with long hours it is very difficult work. We hope the satisfaction many of our staff get makes up for this though by helping those that need our support :)