Prison Advice and Care Trust (PACT)

Prison Advice and Care Trust (PACT) Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1 review
Showing the only review

I am the assistant manager for the community and visitors centre at HMP Nottingham. All social and legal visitors to the prison have to book in at the centre.

my typical day......

Opening up the visitors centre and giving the staff and volunteers their duties for the day. I also brief them of any information on the visitors or visits if needed.

dependant on the amout of visitors that day I will decide the amount of food to be prepaired for the vistors refreshment bar.

the standard services covered are booking social prison visits over the phone and via text and email. offering advice and support to family and freinds of prisoners.

meet and great the visitors prior to the visits and ensure they have the correct documentation and information prior to going into the prison.

serving the the visitors refreshment bar within the prison visits halls.

As I am the assistant manager, my manager only works part time, the day to day back office tasks are my responsibility. staff rotas, HR and payroll returns, stock ordering, stock taking and all financial returns and banking.

we are a small close knit team who do work well together. due to the nature of the job information sharing is essential.

if the prison visits change I have to liase between the prison senior staff and the charity staff to make sure changes happen smoothly. It is also my responsibility to speak with the prison staff to resove problems if oit looks as if a visit will not go ahead for any reason or if special arrangements are required.

I also have to be very aware of prison security and data
 - more...
Pros
good team of staff and flexibility when needed
Cons
volunteers sometimes dont turn up