Priory Group Employee Reviews

Professional
Senior Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire14 January 2017
I worked in residential care, staff are child focused and professional. Adopting a a nurturing environment for the young people. You form strong bonds within the staff team and many of the homes have strong managers.
Training is valued as well as internal development and advancement.
It's takes hard work and long hours. Suitable for anyone that's willing to put in the long hours and commitment.
Not suitable for people with young families.
Pros
Free meals. Family environment. Job satisfaction
Cons
Long hours. Difficult children
Lovely and homely environment
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim13 January 2017
I've been working with the company for two years now.  I see this work place as a big family looking after each others staff and residents as this is their home and staff spends most of the time here than at home. Sometimes is hard and stressful because it's a big responsability we have in our hands and we want to do our best. We moan we cry but in the end we all have a laugh together like any other family. This staff does go over to do their best and take the extra mile it's a pity that some people can't see it. It isn't a easy job and this staff does a brilliant job and it's recognised. Dealing with challenging behaviour is extremely stressful and our staff is very well experienced dealing with it. I have a lot of time for my team and to my residents and so do they I think we work very well together and we came along very strong. Our management is very approachable, fair, caring and deals with issues very well to ensure a high quality standard of care to the residents. The home is very clean and spacious and offers a good selection at meal times.
Pros
The opportunity to make a difference in people's lives and their families
Cons
Unfortunately the long busy hours that never seem enough sometimes
Fab place to work
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Maidstone12 January 2017
Working at priory has it ups and downs... yes it's long days, yes it can be tiring, yes it can be stressful, yes it can be challenging. But it's care work, you sign up for it! I myself believe this job has opened doors that no other job would have! I have the joys of working with some fantastic colleagues, I now class many of them as my friends! I spend the majority of my time having a laugh with the guys, going on big days out, helping the guys live independently, supporting them to grow! It might entail some time throwing yourself into challenging behaviour but that's just life!
In terms of improvement, the service i Work at is currently under going some major changes. The management team are constantly trying to improve the service and support the staff! And with a new manager and team leaders and deputy managers i feel happier here than ever! I've had the chance to learn so much through training, which is up to date and relevant!
Fabulous place to work, if your up for it we would be happy to have you! (+the staff nights out are banta)!
On this page there are a lot of reviews that are negative, this job isn't for everyone, but if it's for you then you will love it!
Productive and enjoyable
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds11 January 2017
No two days are ever the same there is always something new to learn and if your not sure management are very approachable, your co-workers and residents become like your extended family. The hardest part of the job is when a resident is no longer with you, the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles and laughter from your residents it makes your spirit soar to know that you helped to bring that ray of sunshine into there lives.
Pros
Constant learning, support and good leadership
Cons
Cannot honestly think of anything that needs to be mentioned
Care Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland11 January 2017
Good days and bad days as in any job. good days are more than bad days. Residents are what make the job so rewarding. if someone is sick we can always get help from somewhere else in the home. I have a lot of training to do my job. most of it is on the computer and I can do this from home. I used to work in the community and didn't always get my pay and was using my car to do a lot of miles. with this job I work 3 days one week and 4 days the next week, so I have time to myself.
Pros
come in do your job and go home
Cons
Sometimes young staff can be immature and talk too much
Overall ok
RSW (Current Employee) –  England11 January 2017
Staffing needs improving, many vulnerable workers which could be avoided.
However, this is usually out of seniors control - priory should be prioritising the money which is actually paid to them better.
If your face fits
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kent10 January 2017
You can work a lot of hours over your contracted hours and not rewarded or supported when you tell senior staff that you are struggling or unhappy. They will get from you as much as they can.
Pros
some nice people
Cons
long hours/ long shifts/ supportive managers if you make thier life easier
productive and could be challenging
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire3 January 2017
Everyday at work is a new experience, there are good days however there are those days that aren't that good.Many at times short staffing is experience.A lot of staff leavers are not replaced. Recruitment for new staff are not efficient.They hire bank staff and not permanent full time. Bank staff will just choose the day and shift they like and that would leave most weekend understaffing for very seldom bank staff will work weekend.
Hope the HR and whoever is in charge of recruitment will hire permanent full time staff.
Pros
no need to wear uniform
Cons
wages not right
Stressful way of working witg autism.
Rugeley School (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire29 December 2016
Not a good team, teachers overloaded with paperwork, new management changes all the strategies abd spreads the stress around, no fairness, some members of staff do not have any emoathy when dealing with the students.
Lovely environment for work and therapy with the firest behind the school-which the new management stopped.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Some very negative handling, not a goid team, competitive assistants
They pay us loads of peanuts
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset21 December 2016
Everything is alright except the payrate and how much profit-orientated is the company. Their 'priory' is the wealthy status, nor the service users neither staff.
Pros
Good rota, good support from my senior and care home manager, good training
Cons
Low salary per hour
Where to begin
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent6 December 2016
So I've worked for priory for 1year now... and when I first started it was my first ever job! The first 6 months where rocky! No support, constantly being injured by residents, long hours, short staffed, always being called in, high sickness, lack of consistency in Rotas and when you where at work it was very stressful! However with a new manager in it seemed to be going up, one service user that was not suited was moved and incidents had decreased and we all felt happier and more supported! But the honeymoon period is over, we've reverted back to that horrible place to work! I've been diagnosed as depressed, anxious and stressed all due to work! I am only still with the company because Christmas I right around the corner! It's horrible and I can't wait to move on!
productive
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Rotherham27 November 2016
Enjoyed working there had one or two issues but overall a good job was left to work on my own chatted to the residents while cleaning there rooms
From bad to worse
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hove19 November 2016
Bad management. Bussiness place. Not person centered. Not enough training. Bad pay. Mentally challenging. No consistence. Depressing place. When you try complain to managers they shout at you. Regional managers are a joke. Residents are suffering. Place I worked at should get shut down. We were always short on staff so they got agency staff in who cannot do much (meds, keyworking etc) so it left permanent staff crazy busy. All they care for is paperwork!!
Cons
Management, pay, crazy hours, always short on staff
Most appalling
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Westbury14 November 2016
After only lasting a year at Westbury lodge, I can say this is a company I will never work for again, the breach in staff safety is beyond outrageous, with working some weeks up to 80 hours, 24 hour shifts and no sleep (sometimes longer), lack of support from management and company in general, constantly being underpaid and under valued and service users not having the best of life that they deserve due to strick budgets which includes food shopping with only having 73p per head per meal for 3 meals a day, activities and days out are minimal and service users are left most time in the living room, also the amount of cover ups on serious incidents I had seen and reported being left to dwindle in the background. The staff turn over is beyond believable and is mainly worked now by agency.
Pros
Sevice users
Cons
Management and regional managment
Reception
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes3 November 2016
The healthcare assistants and nurses seem generally commited to the job. Management and the heads of department not especially approachable.
Reception not covered sufficiently to allow staff help at busy times and sometimes a little too much multi tasking required.
Far too much gossip, personal matters disscussed and even reprimands delivered in front of others (staff and visitors) Unhealthy inter-colleague realationships. Some staff on light duties working in the reception area really not helpful or interested in doing a good job.
Met some good people while working here. No regular feedback or praise for a job well done.
Pros
Nothing really springs to mind
Cons
Undefined hours in the contract
Do not work here
Administration (Former Employee) –  Wadhurst2 November 2016
Never been in such an awful place and cannot imagine anyone gets better here. Staff do not care about patients and it is all about the money. Lots of the ward staff should not be allowed on units as no compassion at all.
Cons
Stay clear of prioru group/amore care
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knottingley31 October 2016
Stay away from this company especially in West Yorkshire area. Management are a disgrace.
Lack of support, does not listen to their employees, short staff consistently, no breaks, always having agency.......this home commits abuse and neglect....a disgrace!!!!!
Pros
NOthing
Cons
Awful awful awful management
If you have any respect for yourself stay away!!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belfast28 September 2016
This company is exactly what is wrong in Health care. They do not care about service users, staff and pretty much anybody they come into contact with unless you're flashing money. A normal day with this company is 9.30-9.30 without a break. I've seen staff members being brought up for disapplinery for standing up to their right for a break. Service users are seen as money bags. Trying to work with Autism is challenging enough but when a service user is stuck in their room for 12 hours without any plan or routine set forward can be extremely challenging. On my site, the staff alone are running the place and management seem keen on just running it into the ground. Before I worked with priory I absolutely loved and took pride in my job but because of this company I've been thinking about a completely different career move. Management lie constantly to the families of service users. I've seen service users being in their room for days and not moving and family members being told that they have been to the park or cinema ect. and showing absolutely no remorse for doing this. If anyone who has a family member in the care of priory I would absolutely urge you to pull them from their placement, it's absolutely heartbreaking what they're doing to these poor young people. I've seen first hand staff trying to scrape whatever they can gather to try and cook some sort of meal because upper management "haven't got money for shopping". I've seen staff members collapse because they're over worked and admitted to hospital because they're over worked. Proper authority has been noted due to neglect  more... but nothing has been done. The company has placed service users in their care who's behaviour are absolutely not suited to the environment and staff aren't trained to deal with it. I've never once in my time working with this company have I been trained or shown how to record documentation that they have set for staff to complete. I've been told by management when I was concerned about this to just "wing it" but I never did as it is a legal document. I've had to actually go out of my way to buy food with my own money to feed service users because money has been refused by upper management. Sometimes they send some hot shot over from England to do a talk on how to improve the service but they're more keen on flashing they're nice cars and fancy suits and watches. So please whatever you do absolutely stay away!! I hope someday that this place is closed and I know service users and families are treated with the respect they deserve because without them I would of left the first week. I hope proper authorities read this and do something before its too late and something drastic happens because that's what it's going to take for something to be done. Shocking and sickening people running this company.  less
Pros
Service users
Cons
Absolutely cruel company and management.
Worst place to ever work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland12 September 2016
Horrible place to work the company are money mad don't care about there staff normal day would be a 12 hour shift no breaks!!! ..EVER will not be surprised if this place is shut down soon as the company are running it into the ground! The only people keeping it how it is are the amazing team of staff! Rota is put out every Sunday for the following week can't plan your life because you always work I would advise to stay away from this company worst place I'VE EVER worked! And the worst thing is the poor service users without the great team they would be nothing due to this horrible company! STAY AWAY
Pros
Service users
Cons
Horrible horrible work place
money mad
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff21 August 2016
currently working for priory group. management are shocking. constantly short staffed due to people not wanting to be there which causes staff to stress and get run down which then causes them to be off sick. vicious circle. management don't care what kind of service user lives in the homes aslong as bedrooms are filled and they have lots of money for it. even though service users are very challenging and dangerous for the not so challenging ones. only good thing about this company is only work 3/4 days a week due to long shifts so more time to spend at home.
Pros
3 days a week working
Cons
work every weekend, money orientated no care for the staff or service users

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8