Priory Group Employee Reviews

vey basic and lots of disgruntled employees
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Roehampton, Greater London19 May 2017
I was not given the right support or appreciation for the volunteer role. There was a lot confusion amongst line of management and roles; employees were very unhappy and consequently impacted on their productivity and professionalism!
priory
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham16 May 2017
12 hour shifts, working with patients detained under the mental health act. Hardest part of the job is learning to not take things to serious. The most important and enjoyable is to see patients mental health improve. And hopefully get discharged
Experience
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire15 May 2017
I've enjoyed my time working for the priory I just feel myself I'm ready for a new challenge as I've seen kids come and go house change so much I'd like something new
High energy place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff4 May 2017
Hard working challenging hospital environment but very enjoyable worth while place to work . Most staff work as part of a team and under constant pressure to help the clients through their daily needs . I would like to have grown into a better higher position but unfortunately I am now like all the other staff at aberdare facing redundancy I have enjoyed my employment in the priory.
Terrible place to work. Avoid!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  New Milton1 May 2017
Abuse from the residents and management on a daily basis. No support whatsoever in the event of an incident. Very unhappy staff who are being exploited. Terrible wages for the work. 15 hour shifts. I left the job through stress. Told we were committing financial abuse if we drank the coffee but then management were using residents money to buy pizza. Stay away.
Pros
food
Cons
See description
Worst place I have ever worked
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast23 April 2017
This is by far the worst place I have ever worked. The management are uninterested, the staff are gossipy and not open to newcomers. I felt excluded and victimised from the beginning. New hires do all the work while existing staff sit around. Hours are long and the job is difficult when you are pulling the weight of several lazy staff members who prefer to watch tv with residents or take them outside for a smoke and call that their day job! Sometimes I did not get paid for the hours I worked and had to chase it up. It was rectified the next month but when I have a mortgage, bills to pay and family to support it is difficult to cope.
Management does not want to listen when an issue arises and simply expect staff to deal with it themselves; and I have no idea why they employ cleaners because care staff seem to do most of it.
If you have any self respect of not apply for a job with this company........you might get it!
Cons
bently court wolverhampton is A NIGHTMARE!!!!!
Carer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands23 April 2017
the staff there are as evil two faced as they can be if u don't click with them they will DESTROY YOU yet smile in ur face its the GOSSIP CAPITAL OF ALL CARE HOMES u can trust NO ONE. management is a mess! night staff are treated like rubbish sometimes having to work 12 hours ALONE with a house full of residents which goes against all health and safety rules . overall just a rotten place to work. no one cares.DONT APPLY THERE!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
all
chelfham snr school
Chef (Former Employee) –  chelfham snr school bere alston22 April 2017
nice place to work could be pretty stressful at times due to the clientele but good back up from management. shift patterns where good, communication between departments could be better.would like to work there again 5 stars.
Cons
hard to get a full weeks holiday
rewarding
Activities Co-ordinator and Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marchwood12 April 2017
The management was supportive and the so was the team. The days varied from easy to challenging but when you saw you made a difference in someone life it was a made up for the challenging days.
Joke
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 April 2017
The management do not understand the meaning of a work life balance!! Silly shift patterns with unachievable goals. The job description is not what the job actually was.
Cons
They were going through a merger
Marketing and Web Brand Executive (Former Employee) –  Ticehurst8 April 2017
There are wonderful medical personal working at the Priory, but due to cost cutting and forced overworking the services suffer.
They did things by the book, not treating people as individual people, from staff to employees.
Pros
Professional and followed Best Practice. Subsidised staff lunches
Cons
management heavy and concetrating on management success
Nurses thier are a disgrace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knottingly, West Yorkshire4 April 2017
Knottingly priory treat you like rubbish all staff n nurses if u don't fit in click. Residents lovely but so much wrong with this place and so much neglect and emotioal abuse here is unreal can't wait to leave.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Long hours min wage bad staff more of a cleaner than carer
Poor
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire28 March 2017
Upper management does not support you in this role, There is no scope for development regardless of knowledge. This position requires hard work and commitment and this is not reflected in your pay scale
Pros
hours
Cons
all of the above
Excellent place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim24 March 2017
I work in the Belfast home and I honestly can't recommend it enough! We are one big family that work very hard for our residents. The nurses are great and the manager is friendly and nice to go to
Pros
Staff training, support
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport20 March 2017
My typical day at work included supporting service users on the ward with a variety of different activities to help them to recover. this was a very satisfying and rewarding job.
Awful place to work
Business support manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff14 March 2017
Had a poor experience
Was made redundancy or asked to complete the same role for less pay
The manager who was put in place was not able to complete her role
Pros
Cons
My manager
Absolutely horrible place to work
Management (Current Employee) –  Roehampton, Greater London14 March 2017
Incompetent management and incapable people people mean there is no room for logic in this place.
Everything here is nothing more that a poorly executed and thought out idea and every single member of management is scared to take responsibility and therefore make no decisions (nothing ever gets done).
Dictatorship management
Support staff (Current Employee) –  Redcar7 March 2017
Manager operates using bully boy tactics, who has no respect for staff. It's her way or the high way. Employs half of her family one of which reigns like her mother. Refers to staff as minions . Gossip is rife in the managers office, talking about anyone and everyone so all the staff know everyone's business. If you want discretion in your work place , look it up in the dictionary, that's as close as you'll get there.
If you go on an outing with a resident , make sure you aren't hungry as £1.50 allowance, doesn't get you much, even in Redcar .
Make sure you have your own toilet paper and ppe as it's always in short supply.
Pros
I'll get back to you on that next year if anything improves
Cons
Too many to list
poor
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire2 March 2017
Service was loverly along with the clients,it has a bulling culture not from management from certain staff who think they run the home,They bully undermined staff or new ideas or anyone who dares to question ,it needs looking into i would never work for the company again,
Cons
Lack of respect bad pay and long hours
Disorganised , Staff Morale low
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Northwold, Norfolk24 February 2017
When I was there , there were a few changes to how staff worked , shifts were being swapped about all over the place , pay was ok although it could have been more due to the client group. Shifts were long and at times very stressful
Pros
pay - average for area
Cons
long travelling time