Priory Group Employee Reviews

Hours were long, but management was brilliant
Positive Behaviour Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover29 May 2018
Outstanding home, with fantastic residents. Manager was brilliant & very supportive. Most of the staff were great, and a joy to work with.

There was no real work/life balance (rota could be adjusted if needs be) as the hours were long, due to short staff as no agency used.

Job security was good, but progression is zero. Culture was exactly what you would want in a job, but it could go up and down. Food is eaten with the residents, just like activities.
Pros
Great Management, Earning Potential, Culture, Outstanding Status
Cons
Long Hours, No Work/ Life Balance
provides great insight and skill development
support worker (Current Employee) –  West Midlands15 May 2018
provides invaluable experience
develops communication skills
rewarding
good work/life balance
friendly staff
great management
great insight into mental illness
A care company where Care is not a Priority
Care Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Poole14 May 2018
I was working in a private care company that specialized in Learning difficulties. We had approximately ten homes with varying degrees of needs. each home was set up to cater for the individuals needs and provided person centered care. After 2 years of working The Priory bought out our private care company and turned them into money shops where the clients individual needs were ignored so that as many clients could be crammed into a single home whether it was a healthy environment to do so or not. Food budgets and activity budgets were cut and clients were then left for the majority of the day to fend for themselves and we could interact "if only there was a problem". At first hearing I would be working for The Priory I was quite impressed with what I had read about them but as managers started leaving very quickly I soon learned that care no longer applied in a care home.
extremely good staff
support worker (Current Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire10 May 2018
supporting Children with personal care, Taking the children on outdoor activities
Taking the children to school
Supporting staff and management in the day to day running of the home
good management
salary is not great
meeting really good staff
Pros
meals are included in your shifts
Cons
late finish / early starts
No support or help.
Primary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Northwold8 May 2018
The state of this school is out of order. Highly recommend not to work there or send children you know. You are left to deal with lots of activities to do. As a teacher planning was ciaotic and never actually worked as not much learning took place. Everything is covered over when higher rank guests visit the school. The staff are all unhappy and stressed. You see management when they think they need to be seen. It is a real let down unfortunately. If you like hard work and getting injured yourself then this is place for you. As a teacher I found that you didn’t put up with as much as the poor Support Staff have to. It is more of “crowd control” than learning.
Cons
Free lunches have been taken away from staff.
very rewarding , challenging at times and sometimes emotionally draining
Driver/carer/support worker (Current Employee) –  Mark, Somerset30 April 2018
working for the priory group at Mark college is a very challenging yet rewarding.
I was originally employed as a driver transporting students to and from college / airports and also weekend excursions .
I was then given the opertunity to work in the boarding houses taking care of students after school and college.
Pros
School holidays off and paid 12 months of the year
Cons
sickness unpaid, unsociable hours at times and not paid an enhanced rate, frequent lack of staff
Forward thinking and inclusive
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Devon29 April 2018
Love my job. Great teams. Great support. Can be challenging at times but the focus on the young people is great. Some lazy staff but you get that every where.
Pros
Diverse teams
Cons
Sometimes emotionally draining
No progression
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Market Weighton27 April 2018
There is nothing to further my career at the Priory and the management are constantly locked away in there office so have no idea what the patients are actually like therefore do not understand what the staff actually have to put up with for such a poor wage.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours, No progression
Enjoyable hard working
Care Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare17 April 2018
I enjoy working with the team friendly management team , very rewarding role,
Lovely guys who we support , great money overtime if need , able to work in different places
Pros
Friendly staff great management
understaffed, stresful, unsupported, run like a buisness
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  abbey house, Malvern, Worcestershire10 April 2018
A typical shift is very busy and chaotic. The floor staff try their best to achieve the highest quality of care but are given sub standard resources to achieve this. Run like a business, which focuses only on making profits and filling beds, regardless of risk and implications this could have on the ward dynamics and staff. Too many short cuts are taken to ensure profit over safety and wellbeing of those that work there. Low morale and lack of opportunity to develop
Pros
free meals
Cons
management, deceitful

Want to know more about Priory Group?

Ask a question
Terrible place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Redcar and Cleveland, North Yorkshire5 April 2018
Zero support from management. Bullying tactics used. Safeguarding constantly being involved. Money means more than needs of residents and staff. Staff put on shift with no training. Most seniors lazy and hide in office all shift. Staff safety isn't deemed important. No personal alarms or radios yet staff are often made to stay in residents rooms with no other support.
Pros
Majority of support staff great.
Cons
Bad managent. Dangerous working environment
Avoid!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East Sussex1 April 2018
Wages were an absolute insult! £7.65ph to be verbally abused by residents and attacked! Management were there once a week for half an hour if you were lucky. Totally unattached emotionally from the people they manage. No sympathy towards staff problems either. Very quick to dish out disciplinarys but yet being totally hypocritical and doing the same thing that they are disciplining staff for 🤔 gossip in the homes is rife on numerous occasions from management (allegedly) my home however was brilliant because the staff were awesome! That's the irony they push away good staff in favour for backstabbers. AVOID
Pros
Most staff are brilliant
Cons
Rubbish compamy, senior management offer no support at all
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire30 March 2018
Worked for them for 4 years and worst 4 years of my life. No support at all, No training for anyone except on line if you have time to do it and if you do you don't get paid. Long shifts no breaks paid £7.65 for being hit punch bitten Now leaving
Pros
Cons
Poor senior management, low pay no breaks long hours
Horrible environment
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire28 March 2018
Poor management, favouritism, nepotism. If you speak up for yourself you are ostracised and given the most difficult or mundane tasks. Coworkers who are friends or relations of management get away with skiving all day and can cherry pick what they do. Rubbish pay, long hours. No thanks for working hard.
Pros
Residents
The worst company I have worked for in 20 years
Registered Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire28 March 2018
This has got to be the worst experience I have had in my whole career with working with vulnerable people.

I have worked with people in a social care setting for over 20 years and this has been my a real eye opener.

The senior management are so detached from the people we support. They are bullies and will fo anything to make your position unsustainable. In particular newly appointed senior management are bullies, cold and unsupportive. They know nothing about the complex people in our care, and don't seem to want to know.

The structure for service support has been reduced to a degree where it is almost non existent. Services feel isolated and unsupported. Only to be constantly criticised by senior management when possible. Making staff and management feeling deflated and with low moral

On a positive note the residents are amazing and I couldn't have worked with a more rewarding bunch of people. Always grateful for the support that they receive.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Senior management, lack of suppott
Horrible place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent18 March 2018
Poorly run company. Management don't care if you need support. No-one works as a team. One person runs around doing everything whilst more senior staff members sit around drinking tea! A lot of nastiness for a rubbish wage.
Pros
Occasional trips out
Cons
Bad management, poor wages, long hours, no training
brill
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry15 March 2018
enjoying the working life at priory group
the residents are all so lovely and helpful within speaking out about there wishes and needs
all factors considered I would say brilliant
Very Honest and trustworthy group .
Maintenance manager (Former Employee) –  Mid Devon13 March 2018
Once all the security and health& Safety checks have been done we get time to interact with other service users and co workers , a part of our day would be spent on line learning with Foundations for Growth. There is nothing hard about the job you learn to pace yourself . and help is always on hand
All staff are very pleasant .
Pros
worker benefits
Cons
pay structure not good to start although there is plenty to achieve a better salary
Productive and a nice place to work
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Ammanford9 March 2018
A good place to work the staff are really nice and caring with good management and an excellent team of nurses.A care home that pulls together making sure residents are top priority
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Greedy company, only interested in 'bums on beds'.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheadle Royal9 March 2018
Un approachable senior managers, recruited this was by no accident. Forcing staff to accept dangerous referrals, then refusing to pay staff for work related injuries. Increase in safeguarding due to in appropriate admissions.

Hang on to patients when NHS would discharge. Rude HR staff, again, no accident. Bullying managers get promotions, empathetic management are pushed out. Constant issues with staffing levels and constantly not abiding by guidelines regarding staffing levels for differing services. PURE GREED!!
Pros
It used to be brilliant before Priory took over
Cons
Priory are very greedy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7