Priory Group Employee Reviews

Horrific company to work for!!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Devon16 July 2017
I wouldn't ask my worst enemy to work for this company.

Parasite like, they will suck the life out of you. There is no compassion or support. Higher management are a complete joke. More interested in meeting budgets and making cuts. Ridiculous food allowances of less than a fiver for each person living at a service a day.

Rotten to the core - avoid at all costs!
Pros
The service users. Most of whom would be better with other providers!
Cons
Working for the company in general. Wages, lack of support, management
Fun work place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Isle of Wight7 July 2017
Typical day involves getting the YP up and ready for school , going into school with them, coming back to residence and doing activities going out into the community getting ready for dinner bath supper then bed.
Pros
Yp are a joy to work with
Cons
staffing
looks after the clients but massive turn over of staff - why !!!
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  West Sussex3 July 2017
I worked for The Priory Group for over five years full time in Sussex -
in a home for young people who have a range of EBD issues and difficulties.

High turn over of staff .The young people were always well looked after and all their needs met ..however the staff were not looked after.
Staff often unsupported , over - criticised - often in front of other staff and in team meetings.

Hope this stops for the sake of the mental health of existing employees.
Pros
well paid
Cons
critical // undervalued
Poor work culture
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Redcar, North Yorkshire30 June 2017
In this role the site are largely unsupported by managers above site level, with very little support gave to help understand the senior role as it is different to other priory sites. As the site is very understaffed morale is low and people are often working a lot of hours this is largely due to the very poor centralised HR team who cannot meet demand. This creates a very negative culture where gossip is rife and when you report it nothing can be done due to lack of evidence.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Poor support, gossips.
Terrible place to work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbey House Malvern30 June 2017
Where do I start when talking about this place. Set in the lovely surroundings of the Malvern hills, this is a truly beautiful place to work. Unfortunately, along with the free meals, that's the only possitives about working here. Since the new management, Abbey House has become a very unsafe, miserable and unorganized place to work. Dangerously short staffed on the ward especially at night where only 3 staff look after over 20 men. There have been plenty of incidents where staff have had to hide in the office and call the police due to not having enough staff to control the situation. During the day, management hide away in the offices or constantly go out for cigarette breaks leaving hardly no staff to run the ward. The only time you see them is when CQC are visiting and then they make out they're on the ward all the time. Staff rota's are changed daily and your shifts are all over the place, sometimes working a day shift and then a night shift the following day. You could come in after a day off and then be told your shift has changed and you're no longer in that day. The salary is one of the worst in this sector and you only tend to get on if you're related or a friend of the ward manager.
My advice to anyone thinking about working here, look elsewhere!
Pros
Free meals, surroundings
Cons
Everything else
great company to work for
Registered service manager (Current Employee) –  midands20 June 2017
superb carer advancement
great values
everything you need to support people
support given when needed

downfall - to many changes to regional managers
Pros
great company, competative wages
Cons
on-call 24/7
Not worth it
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London8 June 2017
Appalling management. No chances of career advancement. Rarely appreciated for the roles taken on by staff. No support for staff from management. Lack of organisation by management. Extremely poor communication between all hierarchy of the company itself. Company rules contradicts itself. Neglect towards service users as well as staff. Very short or no breaks at all, particularly on long shifts consisting of 12 to 14 hours. Unprofessional work environment and lacks ethic.
Long hours, no support and a high staff turn over so no consistency.
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire1 June 2017
Working with the young people is great and can be very rewarding but when you have to work 16hr shifts which then can turn into 22hr shifts with only 2hrs sleep to do it all over again for another 26hrs it can take its toll. Upper management expect you to be able to drive and function normally on 2hrs sleep and do not sympathise. If you expect to leave your shift and someone is not there to take over from you, you stay even if you've made your own important plans/appointments until there is cover.
Management are horrible, care more about money than the people they are supporting
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth31 May 2017
Lots of inpatient staff who do not understand depression or anxiety not to mention team work.

You get very overworked for barely any pay. No training and if it was my son they were looking after I would do everything in my power to get him out.

Surprised they haven't been shut down for their incompetence and the service users are the ones that have to suffer from it.

Very high turnover of staff, uncaring management and lousy pay!

Expect to be guilt tripped in to driving after working 8 days in a row, be told you cannot even have something to eat yet during a 12 hour shift you are not allowed to leave and have a break yet the manager seems to be able to leave at their own pleasure.

Honestly cannot say a nice word about them and hope they get closed down and the ones receiving their care relocated to a company that actually gives a dam!
Pros
Too many cons
Cons
everything
Great
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire24 May 2017
Great place to work, assist the young person to achieve daily targets and help in general day to day life for the young person from toileting to cooking food. no day is the same.
Interesting and Challenging environment
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Gunnislake, Cornwall19 May 2017
The young people could be quite a challenge to work with but I enjoy a challenge and using my own initiative
Coming under OFSTED the admin requirements are very demanding.
Pros
Interesting work, great staff
Cons
Unpredictable shift rota, lots of admin
Discrimition
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim19 May 2017
Horrible place to work
No salary benefits, not flexible on working hours as advertised
No job related benefits or training courses, everything learnt was at my own expense
vey basic and lots of disgruntled employees
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Roehampton, Greater London19 May 2017
I was not given the right support or appreciation for the volunteer role. There was a lot confusion amongst line of management and roles; employees were very unhappy and consequently impacted on their productivity and professionalism!
priory
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham16 May 2017
12 hour shifts, working with patients detained under the mental health act. Hardest part of the job is learning to not take things to serious. The most important and enjoyable is to see patients mental health improve. And hopefully get discharged
Experience
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire15 May 2017
I've enjoyed my time working for the priory I just feel myself I'm ready for a new challenge as I've seen kids come and go house change so much I'd like something new
High energy place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff4 May 2017
Hard working challenging hospital environment but very enjoyable worth while place to work . Most staff work as part of a team and under constant pressure to help the clients through their daily needs . I would like to have grown into a better higher position but unfortunately I am now like all the other staff at aberdare facing redundancy I have enjoyed my employment in the priory.
Terrible place to work. Avoid!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  New Milton1 May 2017
Abuse from the residents and management on a daily basis. No support whatsoever in the event of an incident. Very unhappy staff who are being exploited. Terrible wages for the work. 15 hour shifts. I left the job through stress. Told we were committing financial abuse if we drank the coffee but then management were using residents money to buy pizza. Stay away.
Pros
food
Cons
See description
Worst place I have ever worked
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast23 April 2017
This is by far the worst place I have ever worked. The management are uninterested, the staff are gossipy and not open to newcomers. I felt excluded and victimised from the beginning. New hires do all the work while existing staff sit around. Hours are long and the job is difficult when you are pulling the weight of several lazy staff members who prefer to watch tv with residents or take them outside for a smoke and call that their day job! Sometimes I did not get paid for the hours I worked and had to chase it up. It was rectified the next month but when I have a mortgage, bills to pay and family to support it is difficult to cope.
Management does not want to listen when an issue arises and simply expect staff to deal with it themselves; and I have no idea why they employ cleaners because care staff seem to do most of it.
If you have any self respect of not apply for a job with this company........you might get it!
Cons
bently court wolverhampton is A NIGHTMARE!!!!!
Carer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands23 April 2017
the staff there are as evil two faced as they can be if u don't click with them they will DESTROY YOU yet smile in ur face its the GOSSIP CAPITAL OF ALL CARE HOMES u can trust NO ONE. management is a mess! night staff are treated like rubbish sometimes having to work 12 hours ALONE with a house full of residents which goes against all health and safety rules . overall just a rotten place to work. no one cares.DONT APPLY THERE!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
all
chelfham snr school
Chef (Former Employee) –  chelfham snr school bere alston22 April 2017
nice place to work could be pretty stressful at times due to the clientele but good back up from management. shift patterns where good, communication between departments could be better.would like to work there again 5 stars.
Cons
hard to get a full weeks holiday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8