Priory Group Employee Reviews

Highly professional working environment
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire5 August 2018
A very service user focused organisation. Highly professional and great emphasis is placed on client service and welfare. All staff work together as a team with the sole purpose of providing the best possible service leading to the best outcomes for the service users.
Pros
lots of trainings
Cons
low pay
Very poor south west service
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Falmouth3 August 2018
Unfortunately a lack of communication and training in the south west, no local head office.
Fast staff turn over, very unhappy staff.
Mess the pay slips up monthly constantly chasing managers.
Pros
Cons
No support or further training
Challenging work with poor salary
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol2 August 2018
Residents can be challenging. Not a mental health unit more behavioural. Management always changing and staff turnover is very high. Lots of expectation with little reward. However best teams I have worked with. Great staff, small management support and stress levels are high. Colleagues are supportive in what can be a very stressful environment.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Too much responsibility for the money
Good but mostley bad
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sussex2 August 2018
A good company in terms of pay and holiday allowance but not good at helping staff and supporting them if they are attacked or constantly targeted by the young people.
Bad management ( some of them) preferring to disappear to the gym or work 3 days a week 8 till 3 and not do their own shifts to the fullest yet order and dictate and put down hard-working staff who keep the place running.
Bullying drove me to quit after 5 years .
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long hours ..egos
Quickly went down hill
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  The dene26 July 2018
Worked for just over 1 year. Started well, but soon became a bad place to work. A manager with no maintenance experience running the maintenance department. No trust, no appreciation, no support... take, take, take...

Me any my colleague handed in our notice and the company couldn't wait to get rid of us. but wasn't willing to pay my notice. Apart from a standard letter, no personal thanks or appreciation for the time I have given the hospital.

Such a shame, as lots of the staff and patients were great and good fun to work with and enjoyed working in the challenging enviornment.

And lastly, being called a maintenance assistant when you are doing the job of a maintenance operative sums up what this company is about. They want to pay the lowest rate possible but expect tradesmen.
Pros
Seeing a patient smile when you can help them
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic expectations from management, 'Free lunch' that i wouldnt feed a dog, false promises for training/career progression.
Advancement opportunities are readily available if you are ready to work for them
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Various26 July 2018
Great positive place to work, the management as a whole are supportive but can forget that you may have a life outside of work. Staff work hard to proved the best for their clients
It depends on you
Senior Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Faversham, Kent23 July 2018
At the Priory within the residential setting for young people (EBD) you must be self motivated to work within this environment as the home can have a very negative feel if you allow the young people's behaviours to get you down. The role may have a short shelf life for some though you are given a great opportunity to succeed to a senior status.
Kitchen assistant
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester20 July 2018
I worked for just over 12mths in both units in bury Elton/walmersley high bank and loved every minute of it was very sad to leave but after a Hugh operation ( hysterectomy) and moving out of the area all within a couple of weeks of each other and due to the fact I had only been there just over a year.. it was inevitable that I couldn't possibly make the journey for at least two months after operation so felt it only fair to give my position up but full recovered and ready to find work again hopefully in my area of Halifax
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Cons
I could complain
Good reviews is a joke
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk19 July 2018
I worked in a lds home, understaffed, overworked including nights been autistic i am on heavy meds at night but that didnt matter to management, zero support from management or staff. Conflict wirh staff lots of back stabbing you can trust no one, patient Who doesnt meet requirement of home bought in and just threw us in deep end with them now we are expected to be happy to be unable to provide the needs of that patient we try but we cant your expected to get paid and enjoy your job with no breaks and rubbish pay. I am nvq level 2 and 3 qualified with zero percent of promotion. I would never reccommend this home or company to my friends. I have worked in care 10 years i get ridiculed on a day basis about something little. They forget i am autistic and struggle with things.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Nights, staff and staffing, management, company, residents who dont meet homes requirements and needs
Claremount care home
Care Assistant nights (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire18 July 2018
Residents and staff were lovely people
However the management wouldn't know mental health if it hit them in the face this place is an EMI unit so mental health
you would think they should know about
I suffered depression and anxiety the management knew of my illness and my situation but sacked me anyway apparently my dismissal came from head office which I don't believe
I would defo work here again but without the management they keep employing
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management dont know anything about mental health
Not the company it used to be
Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 July 2018
A company ran by accountants, with little to no care for its workers and it wonders why there is such a huge staff loss. Sadly this company is ran by a leadership that is autocratic. Not the work place it used to be
Pros
Lovely co workers
Cons
Micro managed and no care about staff
Friendly staff
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edgbaston, West Midlands5 July 2018
I had an interview for the Priory group and it was very professional whilst also allowed me to feel relaxed. I am yet to start working here but the employees that i have spoken to are very enthusiastic about the company and are very welcoming.
love my job but little money and no benefits!
support worker (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland26 June 2018
relaxed homely clean environment.
However there is no progression routes offered which is disappointing nor any benefits.
I love working with my residents and staff however funding and activities are not great for the residents.
GOOD JOB, BAD MONEY AND LONG HOURS
Pros
a job that means something
Cons
long hours, no progression routes
Disgusting company don’t care about people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire17 June 2018
Vile corrupt company please don’t place vulnerable adults with these cowboys. They are worse than winter borne and they cover it up. This company needs dealing with. Money grabbers. Senior management and HR are corrupt
Pros
Residents
Cons
None vile company
Great Hospital
Ward Manager (Current Employee) –  Attleborough, Norfolk10 June 2018
Managing a very busy specialist CAMHs ward, supporting the staff and ensuring care is safe and effective. Delivering training on Working with young people, Safeguarding adults and children and Security. Acting as the infection prevention and control lead and the designated Safeguarding lead for the hospital. Managing rotas and payroll for the hospital and ensuring that staff are supported through supervision and appraisal processes.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Not enough core staff
Great progression
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire6 June 2018
Reviews can be emotive and completed by people who have a grievance whether justified or not. I am a current employee and have been employed for a number of years. Work, life balance can be difficult due to the nature of the job, but is manageable with good time management/delegation and organisational skills. The service users are well supported and at the forefront of the work we do. Albeit sometimes a very stressful and tiring role this is also one that can bring great sense of achievement and enjoyment. Management have been very supportive at all levels through my employment with the company, of particular note is the opportunity to develop and progress for people who are willing to work hard to achieve.
Pros
Watching service users achieve no matter how small
Cons
Hours can be long in particular at times of crisis
Be prepared for long shifts
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 June 2018
Been with the priory (aspire Scotland) for just under 6 months. Very badly understaffed. Working 16 & 18 hour shifts is not unusual sometimes 2 or 3 days in a row
Wages are poor and staff frustrated as lack of staff impacts not only on them but the young people we are supposed to be supporting
Plenty of training but this is usually done outside your normal working hours n you then have to go in for shift
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours.
Not a pleasant place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  West Midlands2 June 2018
For the work you do the pay is rubbish.

Management team are never supportive - they are always in their office and only come out once a day and never have time for anyone.

The department where I worked was understaffed and too much work. I developed very high level of stress which had an severe impact on my social life.

Staff members are generally nice but sometimes due to the hectic environment staff turn on each-other.

Now I have gone back to work for the NHS. The NHS is so much better. Managers always have time for their employee, also your able to put forward any concerns - the HR departments are very good at dealing with conflicts.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
over worked
Terrible place to work
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire1 June 2018
I was previously warned that Managers within Priory group were treated as 'disposable ' by Senior Management but I did not listen.
They treat individuals like rubbish and only look after themselves. Their honesty and integrity is none existent.
Pros
Some good staff
Cons
Everything else
Hours were long, but management was brilliant
Positive Behaviour Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover29 May 2018
Outstanding home, with fantastic residents. Manager was brilliant & very supportive. Most of the staff were great, and a joy to work with.

There was no real work/life balance (rota could be adjusted if needs be) as the hours were long, due to short staff as no agency used.

Job security was good, but progression is zero. Culture was exactly what you would want in a job, but it could go up and down. Food is eaten with the residents, just like activities.
Pros
Great Management, Earning Potential, Culture, Outstanding Status
Cons
Long Hours, No Work/ Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7