Priory Group Employee Reviews

Worked here for 10 years
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stockton on the Forest, North Yorkshire23 November 2018
Having worked my way up from being a bank healthcare worker, the Priory have facilitated and encouragement learning. I am now a Charge Nurse and every day is different when I get to work. There are a lot of challenges which is usual for my patient group, but the staff team make things run smoothly and everyone is happy!
Pros
Free meals, good benefits, great pay!
4 December 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. We’re so glad to see that you’re enjoying your time with Priory and the progression opportunities available.

Kind regards,
Holly Baxter

Horrendous
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire21 November 2018
After initially being offered a job following a successful interview and completing an online dbs so therefore gave notice to my current employment
I then never had any further correspondance ...phonecalls not returned no responses to emails.absolutely no way of ascertaining any form of contact resulting in me being out of work for a month before i could secure alternative employment !!
Please be careful with this company as it has caused me an undue amount of distress and financial pressire
Pros
Cons
Stress before you start
4 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience after your successful interview.

We would be very interested to learn more about your experience and find out what went wrong. If you would be happy to share more with us, please contact me at hollybaxter@priorygroup.com

Kind regards,
Holly Baxter

Friendly people and supportive
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire10 November 2018
The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to the young people when they reached the age to move on to the next stage in their life.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the social interaction received when accessing the community.
4 December 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, we’re so glad to see you enjoyed your time with Priory. We really appreciate your feedback.
Kind regards, Holly Baxter

Lovely service users
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire5 November 2018
Worked with this company for a very long time. Service users are lovely to work with the staff are lovely to work with shame about the management and all other family members are that work there. They make your life awful stick up for each other lie to staff 12hour shifts and silly rules not allowing staff to use food or tea and coffee no staff toilets having to use service user toilets.
Pros
Service users are a joy
Cons
Great company if your aim is to burn out FAST
RMN (Former Employee) –  Cheadle Royal hospital30 October 2018
This is only my second job as a nurse and I burnt out FAST.
Poor management
Under staffed
Under payed
Bullying amongst the staff - especially from management
Low morale
Drop staff like it’s nothing - even those whom have given years and years to the service
All about money - not about the care
Dangerous environments
Inappropriately placed patients
Pros
Cons
Lots
Terrible work environment
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom26 October 2018
Priory group are an awful company to work for, minimum pay and very over worked and expected to do online courses in own time without pay, pressured to go into work when unwell, poor management and very low staff moral.
Very disappointed with this company
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  MSG25 October 2018
After starting at the Priory MSG i found it initially enjoyable, after a few months working there i soon got to know that quite a lot of staff were not working in a safe manner , i have seen staff writing incorrect information about doing clients physical observations , not even doing observations and documenting observations.
The management i found appalling with no support offered to staff after incidents, night shifts were a joke with most staff sitting in the office whilst the real workers did most of the work,
I would never work for this company again.
Priory Group - Carlingford Lodge, Warrenpoint - Terrible Place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warrenpoint, County Down, Northern Ireland23 October 2018
Calingford Lodge cannot keep their nursing staff because they leave soon after starting as it is so awful to work there and as a consequence there are many different agency staff seen there. Management are clueless and bullies, they don't care about staff or residents, they just want the fees and rarely show their faces as they are tucked away in their offices. They care more about saving money and trying to get a bonus than prroviding a caring living environment for residents. Don't be fooled by pictures on the wall showing happy residents involved in activities. Most of the time they are so bored and lonely their dementia rapidly advances to a far worse state and staff are overrun with so many duties there isn't any quality time to share with residents. Some of the residents were often heard saying 'When am I going to get out of this dump?' Staff are told to do online training which you must complete during your precious free time as there is no time to do the 28 modules at work. Do yourself a favour and stay away from Carlingford Lodge (Priory Group) at Warrenpoint.
Pros
Cons
Awful place to work
Terrible service.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hove, East Sussex19 October 2018
cannot stress enough how bad working for these guys has been. unprofessional in all aspects of management, paper work and pay. never been dealt with or lied to more by a company, disregarding employees feelings and general health. 1 plus is the staff i worked with were great but thats not enough
horrible
Head Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Knaphill, Surrey17 October 2018
I worked here for 8 years and they are bullies they promise you so must at interview I would never recommend this job to anyone I'm heart broken how I've been treated has head housekeeper.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Worst place to work in the country
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Redcar15 October 2018
A home that cares more about saving money and trying to get a bonus than a good living environment for service users. Management are clueless ane bullies, don't care about staff or service users, rarely see them unless you are in trouble. You can have a high qualification and work extremely hard to try and improve career is pointless you need to have no qualification but very good at sucking up to management. Training is at a minimal lucky if you get one a year, there is online training if there is a computer to use. Some staff and seniors are good but most hide in the office so you don't see them for the shift.
Pros
The staff (not including management)
Abbey House Malvern
Student (Former Employee) –  Abbey House Malvern Worcestershire12 October 2018
I've just finished a 5 week placement with these lovely people. Never having worked in the field before I was nervous to say the least but I shouldn't have worried! From the outset the all the staff were welcoming and made me feel at ease. I have learned so much from both the staff and the patients alike and I shall miss them a lot. Although the work can be undeniably testing at time the rewards far out weigh the challenges. I would recommend Abbey House as a great place to work.
Pros
Great team, fantastic food
Avoid at all cost
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frome, Somerset9 October 2018
No training
No support
Poor communication from management to staff
False promises
No overtime pay rate
No enough investment in clients
Avoid at all cost
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Poor culture and management
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire8 October 2018
Enjoyable working with the patients and a great staff team on the ward
Worked extra hours constantly due to short staff and incidents
Pulled off training due to short staff
Higher up management don’t follow up on surveys
Pros
Cheap lunchs
Cons
The above
Stay clear if you seek respect
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands3 October 2018
I worked at the Priory hospital in Willenhall and though the job started off as rewarding and promising I left feeling completely isolated, sad, emotionally drained, disrespected and undervalued.

As a support worker at Lakeside View you were talked down to quite a lot by senior staff, there’s also a serious abundance of communication from senior staff to support workers as well. As a support worker you will feel and be treated like dirt, even though you are essentially carrying out the same tasks as a nurse.

The environment itself is very complex and no two days are the same, you will see and hear disturbing events and there will no support for you whatsoever.

Unless you state otherwise you will be put onto night shifts whether you like it or not , whilst on night shifts you will most likely be working by yourself (due to 90% of the night workers being agency and having no knowledge of that they’re doing) on volitile and challenging wards. Due to this you will feel alone and angry, added to the fact that you will sleep during the day, you will soon start to realise how tired you’ve become and how little time you have for yourself and family.

As stated before as a support worker you will, in effect, carry out as much work as a nurse will, though your salary will not reflect that. The money is poor and demeaning and with a total lack of any progression as a support worker this should only be a job that you take up as a last resort or to use it as a stepping stone to further your career...but be warned as your mental health will quickly begin to take its toll on
  more... you and also be prepared to feel undervalued.  less
Cons
Money, no communication, no psychological support, poor management and structure
Horrendous work environment
Prader-Willi Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex3 October 2018
The most unprofessional work environment I have ever worked in. The staff team are horrendous. Completely unprofessional and unsupportive. A scary amount of bullying goes on between staff in and outside of work, especially on social media. The residents are so challenging, and can be unfortunately very draining. There is no structure for them or even support. Some residents in a way “run the home” having complete control over staff and how the home is run. They also know issues between other staff members and target staff members that they know are not very liked. The care standard is not very good. The homes are so institutional it’s very discomforting. Management - in the nicest possible way - have no clue what they are doing, and are the worse management I have dealt with. The HR department itself is horrendous, with very unhelpful and unprofessional staff. Combination is another serious quality this company lacks.
Pros
Lunch and dinner and breakfast usually provided
Cons
Unprofessional. Poor care standard.
Priory Group Review
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Banbridge, County Down26 September 2018
I am currently looking for part time work now and have decided to go back into the Sales industry working with general public. I enjoyed working at Bannview House Care Home in Banbridge over the last 6 years but feel with my age I now only want part time work and if possible close to home.
Pros
Good staff and working conditions
Cons
Have to be available every day of the year.
Poor work place
N/A (Former Employee) –  London25 September 2018
Poor poor poor environment poor hours and wages to much paper work not cared about get treated like dirt half the time never get told anything just very poor
Pros
Going home
Cons
Poor wages
The most vilest company I have ever worked for
Locality coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weston super mare22 September 2018
They give you no training
No proper management
Poor staff
Your expected to do everything

They treat younger workers inappropriately, no help, poor atshomphere
Will get rid of you at the drop of a hat
Pros
Getting on with residents
Cons
Vile management poorly strutured
amberley house care home stoke on trent
healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent19 September 2018
lovely home! some great staff! hard work but worth every minute, days can be long sometimes. but where can't they be?.
each day is different in it's entirety
Pros
support, career progression
Cons
sometimes pay feels poor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6