Priory Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Services users joy to work with
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Gateholme carr gate wakefield9 December 2018
Staff frightened of management as all family work there they bully staff
They have no interest in there service users
Staff work hard but never get any praise
The food budget is ridiculous
The service users never have any pocket money
Staff do more cleaning than looking after service users
Very bad manager not an ideal place to work
Pros
Cons
Family run management bullies
Official response from Priory Group
10 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your concerns.
We would be very interested to learn more about the issues you've shared. If you would be happy to share more details with us, please contact myself at hollybaxter@priorygroup.com

Kind regards,
Holly Baxter

Worked here for 10 years
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stockton on the Forest, North Yorkshire23 November 2018
Having worked my way up from being a bank healthcare worker, the Priory have facilitated and encouragement learning. I am now a Charge Nurse and every day is different when I get to work. There are a lot of challenges which is usual for my patient group, but the staff team make things run smoothly and everyone is happy!
Pros
Free meals, good benefits, great pay!
Official response from Priory Group
4 December 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. We’re so glad to see that you’re enjoying your time with Priory and the progression opportunities available.

Kind regards,
Holly Baxter

Terrible work environment
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom26 October 2018
Priory group are an awful company to work for, minimum pay and very over worked and expected to do online courses in own time without pay, pressured to go into work when unwell, poor management and very low staff moral.
Avoid at all cost
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frome, Somerset9 October 2018
No training
No support
Poor communication from management to staff
False promises
No overtime pay rate
No enough investment in clients
Avoid at all cost
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Stay clear if you seek respect
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands3 October 2018
I worked at the Priory hospital in Willenhall and though the job started off as rewarding and promising I left feeling completely isolated, sad, emotionally drained, disrespected and undervalued.

As a support worker at Lakeside View you were talked down to quite a lot by senior staff, there’s also a serious abundance of communication from senior staff to support workers as well. As a support worker you will feel and be treated like dirt, even though you are essentially carrying out the same tasks as a nurse.

The environment itself is very complex and no two days are the same, you will see and hear disturbing events and there will no support for you whatsoever.

Unless you state otherwise you will be put onto night shifts whether you like it or not , whilst on night shifts you will most likely be working by yourself (due to 90% of the night workers being agency and having no knowledge of that they’re doing) on volitile and challenging wards. Due to this you will feel alone and angry, added to the fact that you will sleep during the day, you will soon start to realise how tired you’ve become and how little time you have for yourself and family.

As stated before as a support worker you will, in effect, carry out as much work as a nurse will, though your salary will not reflect that. The money is poor and demeaning and with a total lack of any progression as a support worker this should only be a job that you take up as a last resort or to use it as a stepping stone to further your career...but be warned as your mental health will quickly begin to take its toll on
  more... you and also be prepared to feel undervalued.  less
Cons
Money, no communication, no psychological support, poor management and structure
Support worker
Support Worker/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent3 September 2018
Company good to work for supporting you in your daily task in supporting people with autism and challenging behaviour pay is ok but need to be a bit more for the stuff you do
Cons
Great experience as a qualified mental health nurse
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire30 August 2018
The Ayr clinic used to be PiC but is now Priory Group.
Working at the Ayr Clinic for me has been a great experience. I feel I need to write after reading previous reviews, albeit this is my experience, but to be fair on the teams as a whole I feel I need to share my views. As any mental health environment can bring it's challenges, particularly a secure service. Having a number of years experience in mental health I thoroughly enjoy working at the clinic as a mental health professional I am able to develop my nursing skills and knowledge which in turn allows development in best practice. (the clinic has won awards) being able to work with patients through their recovery brings satisfaction and fulfilment into the good work that the teams deliver. The management team are visible and approachable. there was a change in management a few years ago which brought positive changes to the clinic.
Staff enjoy working at the clinic and there is good team working. some staff may not settle in as it can be a challenging and acute environment, but not everyone is cut out for working with acute patients. we are specialised in working in this environment and given training to update and maintain skills.
Sometimes it can be difficult due to clinical changes on the wards and staffing needs to be increased, staff all help out to support each other and OT and bank shifts are offered. Enhanced rates for OT and paid training. All meals are provided which save me a small fortune in my weekly shop:) we eat with patients, this time is less formal and patients enjoy it. Breaks can be taken throughout
  more... the day of course at times this is hard but with teams helping each other out to organise breaks.
Im proud of being part of the teams and the effort and commitment that is put in to support the patient groups through their recovery and time of need.

experience is invaluable to help develop best practice in mental health.
Pros
Job satisfaction. Good team work- including all departments, visible and approachable management team. Opportunities for development, staff benefits, free parking, free meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) pleasant working environment
Cons
No cons - I understand it may bring challenges, but I thrive as it allows me to develop as a nurse
Secure environment
Health Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire24 August 2018
Good working environment . Nice colleagues . Free lunches and they provide lots of training. They are competent and they put their patients first in all. The salary could be better . Online training is available as well as group training. Work is flexible and waed managers try to understand their carers to help them with any challenges.
profit over care
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands13 August 2018
The company is all about making cuts and increasing profit.
Senior and regional managers not interested in the level of care or surroundings only how you can cut spending, this impacts the level of care.
They are cutting professional roles and putting pressure on unqualified staff, which puts the safety of the clients at risk.
In all the years I have worked in care I have never seen higher management teams so out of touch with the people they support.
Pros
The Clients and the Benefits
Cons
unskilled Managers, poor quality of care from Managers
Poor company
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Cf381hp8 August 2018
The priory cares more about making money than looking after their staff and residents. Too many managers getting paid far too much for doing absolutely nothing, and they all stick together. Staff are over worked and under paid and don’t get the credit they deserve. Hardly any face to face training is offered to staff. Just a money making company.
Pros
No uniform
Cons
Long hours, low staff morale lack of support from Managers
love my job but little money and no benefits!
support worker (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland26 June 2018
relaxed homely clean environment.
However there is no progression routes offered which is disappointing nor any benefits.
I love working with my residents and staff however funding and activities are not great for the residents.
GOOD JOB, BAD MONEY AND LONG HOURS
Pros
a job that means something
Cons
long hours, no progression routes
extremely good staff
support worker (Current Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire10 May 2018
supporting Children with personal care, Taking the children on outdoor activities
Taking the children to school
Supporting staff and management in the day to day running of the home
good management
salary is not great
meeting really good staff
Pros
meals are included in your shifts
Cons
late finish / early starts
No progression
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Market Weighton27 April 2018
There is nothing to further my career at the Priory and the management are constantly locked away in there office so have no idea what the patients are actually like therefore do not understand what the staff actually have to put up with for such a poor wage.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours, No progression
Rubbish compamy, senior management offer no support at all
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire30 March 2018
Worked for them for 4 years and worst 4 years of my life. No support at all, No training for anyone except on line if you have time to do it and if you do you don't get paid. Long shifts no breaks paid £7.65 for being hit punch bitten Now leaving
Pros
Cons
Poor senior management, low pay no breaks long hours
Very Honest and trustworthy group .
Maintenance manager (Former Employee) –  Mid Devon13 March 2018
Once all the security and health& Safety checks have been done we get time to interact with other service users and co workers , a part of our day would be spent on line learning with Foundations for Growth. There is nothing hard about the job you learn to pace yourself . and help is always on hand
All staff are very pleasant .
Pros
worker benefits
Cons
pay structure not good to start although there is plenty to achieve a better salary
poor pay poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 February 2018
constantly working with residents, shifts swapped often at short notice little or no opportunity to take breaks.
Little support from management. little or no prospects for promotion.
poor pay and very clicky.
The most enjoyable part is spending time off site with residents and on trips with them.
Pros
4 days on 4 days off. 5.5 weeks holiday
Cons
long hours over 4 days. poor hourly rate of pay
They only care about profits
Employee (Current Employee) –  East Midlands25 January 2018
Working currently but hopefully not for long.
Salary rubbish for the workload and responsibilities plus it is unequal as some employees are paid more for fewer responsibilities,
Sickness policy ridiculous. Staff don't get paid for the first year so they come into work ill, pass their germs around and make themselves more ill. If you are ill and leave work a little early they take that time off you too! There is no compassion or thought about the employees only profit.
Job descriptions are changed often, with more responsibilities added to them. Staff are not consulted about these changes, do not have to agree to them but are expected to do them.
80% of annual leave has to be booked within the first 3 months and you are not allowed to carry it over.
This company does not value it's employees nor their health and well-being, I thought I'd worked in some pretty poor companies but this one takes the biscuit.
Employees that have worked here a long time say that it's the same complaints made time and time again but nothing ever changes. Maybe if the staff decide that enough is enough and go on strike this may make this company actually take notice and listen.
This site has a very high turnover rate and this won't change until the company listens to their staff and makes changes, Until then staff will continue to leave in droves.
Pros
Cons
salary, unfair sickness and annual leave policy, inequality, unfair, not transparent, driven by profit, uncaring and unappreciative, poor choice of senior managment
Great job
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chilsworthy14 January 2018
It's a great job supporting young people but the shifts a long and it's a hard work life balance. The work is interesting and there is plenty of opportunity to gain qualifications and progress your career.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Good supportive place to work
Activity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Diss28 November 2017
Hard working staff willing to help you on a daily basis
Eager to help with training and providing you with the time to do it.
Patient focused and a good friendly team around you,
Pros
friendly
Avoid!
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire26 October 2017
Terrible to work for, very unsupportive. Management are un approachable, not trained enough, under staffed, rude and demanding seniors and ward managers!
Pros
free meals
Cons
management, under staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7