Priory Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Support worker
Support Worker/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent3 September 2018
Company good to work for supporting you in your daily task in supporting people with autism and challenging behaviour pay is ok but need to be a bit more for the stuff you do
Cons
Great experience as a qualified mental health nurse
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire30 August 2018
The Ayr clinic used to be PiC but is now Priory Group.
Working at the Ayr Clinic for me has been a great experience. I feel I need to write after reading previous reviews, albeit this is my experience, but to be fair on the teams as a whole I feel I need to share my views. As any mental health environment can bring it's challenges, particularly a secure service. Having a number of years experience in mental health I thoroughly enjoy working at the clinic as a mental health professional I am able to develop my nursing skills and knowledge which in turn allows development in best practice. (the clinic has won awards) being able to work with patients through their recovery brings satisfaction and fulfilment into the good work that the teams deliver. The management team are visible and approachable. there was a change in management a few years ago which brought positive changes to the clinic.
Staff enjoy working at the clinic and there is good team working. some staff may not settle in as it can be a challenging and acute environment, but not everyone is cut out for working with acute patients. we are specialised in working in this environment and given training to update and maintain skills.
Sometimes it can be difficult due to clinical changes on the wards and staffing needs to be increased, staff all help out to support each other and OT and bank shifts are offered. Enhanced rates for OT and paid training. All meals are provided which save me a small fortune in my weekly shop:) we eat with patients, this time is less formal and patients enjoy it. Breaks can be taken throughout
  more... the day of course at times this is hard but with teams helping each other out to organise breaks.
Im proud of being part of the teams and the effort and commitment that is put in to support the patient groups through their recovery and time of need.

experience is invaluable to help develop best practice in mental health.
Pros
Job satisfaction. Good team work- including all departments, visible and approachable management team. Opportunities for development, staff benefits, free parking, free meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) pleasant working environment
Cons
No cons - I understand it may bring challenges, but I thrive as it allows me to develop as a nurse
Secure environment
Health Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire24 August 2018
Good working environment . Nice colleagues . Free lunches and they provide lots of training. They are competent and they put their patients first in all. The salary could be better . Online training is available as well as group training. Work is flexible and waed managers try to understand their carers to help them with any challenges.
love my job but little money and no benefits!
support worker (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland26 June 2018
relaxed homely clean environment.
However there is no progression routes offered which is disappointing nor any benefits.
I love working with my residents and staff however funding and activities are not great for the residents.
GOOD JOB, BAD MONEY AND LONG HOURS
Pros
a job that means something
Cons
long hours, no progression routes
extremely good staff
support worker (Current Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire10 May 2018
supporting Children with personal care, Taking the children on outdoor activities
Taking the children to school
Supporting staff and management in the day to day running of the home
good management
salary is not great
meeting really good staff
Pros
meals are included in your shifts
Cons
late finish / early starts
No progression
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Market Weighton27 April 2018
There is nothing to further my career at the Priory and the management are constantly locked away in there office so have no idea what the patients are actually like therefore do not understand what the staff actually have to put up with for such a poor wage.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours, No progression
Rubbish compamy, senior management offer no support at all
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire30 March 2018
Worked for them for 4 years and worst 4 years of my life. No support at all, No training for anyone except on line if you have time to do it and if you do you don't get paid. Long shifts no breaks paid £7.65 for being hit punch bitten Now leaving
Pros
Cons
Poor senior management, low pay no breaks long hours
Very Honest and trustworthy group .
Maintenance manager (Former Employee) –  Mid Devon13 March 2018
Once all the security and health& Safety checks have been done we get time to interact with other service users and co workers , a part of our day would be spent on line learning with Foundations for Growth. There is nothing hard about the job you learn to pace yourself . and help is always on hand
All staff are very pleasant .
Pros
worker benefits
Cons
pay structure not good to start although there is plenty to achieve a better salary
poor pay poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 February 2018
constantly working with residents, shifts swapped often at short notice little or no opportunity to take breaks.
Little support from management. little or no prospects for promotion.
poor pay and very clicky.
The most enjoyable part is spending time off site with residents and on trips with them.
Pros
4 days on 4 days off. 5.5 weeks holiday
Cons
long hours over 4 days. poor hourly rate of pay
They only care about profits
Employee (Current Employee) –  East Midlands25 January 2018
Working currently but hopefully not for long.
Salary rubbish for the workload and responsibilities plus it is unequal as some employees are paid more for fewer responsibilities,
Sickness policy ridiculous. Staff don't get paid for the first year so they come into work ill, pass their germs around and make themselves more ill. If you are ill and leave work a little early they take that time off you too! There is no compassion or thought about the employees only profit.
Job descriptions are changed often, with more responsibilities added to them. Staff are not consulted about these changes, do not have to agree to them but are expected to do them.
80% of annual leave has to be booked within the first 3 months and you are not allowed to carry it over.
This company does not value it's employees nor their health and well-being, I thought I'd worked in some pretty poor companies but this one takes the biscuit.
Employees that have worked here a long time say that it's the same complaints made time and time again but nothing ever changes. Maybe if the staff decide that enough is enough and go on strike this may make this company actually take notice and listen.
This site has a very high turnover rate and this won't change until the company listens to their staff and makes changes, Until then staff will continue to leave in droves.
Pros
Cons
salary, unfair sickness and annual leave policy, inequality, unfair, not transparent, driven by profit, uncaring and unappreciative, poor choice of senior managment
Great job
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chilsworthy14 January 2018
It's a great job supporting young people but the shifts a long and it's a hard work life balance. The work is interesting and there is plenty of opportunity to gain qualifications and progress your career.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Good supportive place to work
Activity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Diss28 November 2017
Hard working staff willing to help you on a daily basis
Eager to help with training and providing you with the time to do it.
Patient focused and a good friendly team around you,
Pros
friendly
Avoid!
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire26 October 2017
Terrible to work for, very unsupportive. Management are un approachable, not trained enough, under staffed, rude and demanding seniors and ward managers!
Pros
free meals
Cons
management, under staffed
Lack of support for staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancashire16 September 2017
Poor management structure and too much focus on profit rather than the needs of residents. Expectation to work way above and beyond contracted hours for little or no reward.
Lack of support
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire3 September 2017
A good place to work - good pay and benefits. However, generally left to run the ward with a lack of management support. More support required especially in the medium secure units.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long shifts that don't always end on time for the qualified staff.
Good job helpful work colleagues
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Greater London8 August 2017
Working in care is rewarding . On the job training yearly good rate off pay. free meals. discounts on health care dentist etc. Free car park . Long hours but good number off days off. focus employer
Pros
Free lunch breakfast and dinner
Interesting Place to work
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  South West31 July 2017
No day is ever the same here so it is good if you don't want a repetitive job.

Management are ok but seem to be too thinly spread to achieve what they need to or progress in the areas needed.

Staff are pretty good all want to help and are very friendly

Salary is really low compared to industry average and currently looking for other work due to low pay, it's a shame as I enjoy my role I just think that they would get better people (and more out of the ones they have) if they paid them properly.

Staff seem overworked they don't employ enough people and run team on bare minimum, I get the impression that due to this everything is rushed/last minute as people just don't have the time to contribute. Again if workloads were shared between more staff I think they could do some amazing things and they have great potential.
Pros
Friendly, good ethos
Cons
Pay is Low
Terrible place to work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbey House Malvern30 June 2017
Where do I start when talking about this place. Set in the lovely surroundings of the Malvern hills, this is a truly beautiful place to work. Unfortunately, along with the free meals, that's the only possitives about working here. Since the new management, Abbey House has become a very unsafe, miserable and unorganized place to work. Dangerously short staffed on the ward especially at night where only 3 staff look after over 20 men. There have been plenty of incidents where staff have had to hide in the office and call the police due to not having enough staff to control the situation. During the day, management hide away in the offices or constantly go out for cigarette breaks leaving hardly no staff to run the ward. The only time you see them is when CQC are visiting and then they make out they're on the ward all the time. Staff rota's are changed daily and your shifts are all over the place, sometimes working a day shift and then a night shift the following day. You could come in after a day off and then be told your shift has changed and you're no longer in that day. The salary is one of the worst in this sector and you only tend to get on if you're related or a friend of the ward manager.
My advice to anyone thinking about working here, look elsewhere!
Pros
Free meals, surroundings
Cons
Everything else
Discrimition
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim19 May 2017
Horrible place to work
No salary benefits, not flexible on working hours as advertised
No job related benefits or training courses, everything learnt was at my own expense
Poor
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire28 March 2017
Upper management does not support you in this role, There is no scope for development regardless of knowledge. This position requires hard work and commitment and this is not reflected in your pay scale
Pros
hours
Cons
all of the above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7