Priory Group Employee Reviews for Support Staff

Support worker
Support Worker/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent3 September 2018
Company good to work for supporting you in your daily task in supporting people with autism and challenging behaviour pay is ok but need to be a bit more for the stuff you do
Enjoyed my time there.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maltby17 August 2018
I think it's stupid that you can't opt out of these things. What if I don't want to review all of my previous employers? What If I'm stressed out enough as it is trying to find new employment without taking up more of my damned timed with these stupid surveys!?
Pros
Fun
Cons
Demanding job.
Poor company
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Cf381hp8 August 2018
The priory cares more about making money than looking after their staff and residents. Too many managers getting paid far too much for doing absolutely nothing, and they all stick together. Staff are over worked and under paid and don’t get the credit they deserve. Hardly any face to face training is offered to staff. Just a money making company.
Pros
No uniform
Cons
Long hours, low staff morale lack of support from Managers
Highly professional working environment
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire5 August 2018
A very service user focused organisation. Highly professional and great emphasis is placed on client service and welfare. All staff work together as a team with the sole purpose of providing the best possible service leading to the best outcomes for the service users.
Pros
lots of trainings
Cons
low pay
Very poor south west service
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Falmouth3 August 2018
Unfortunately a lack of communication and training in the south west, no local head office.
Fast staff turn over, very unhappy staff.
Mess the pay slips up monthly constantly chasing managers.
Pros
Cons
No support or further training
Good but mostley bad
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sussex2 August 2018
A good company in terms of pay and holiday allowance but not good at helping staff and supporting them if they are attacked or constantly targeted by the young people.
Bad management ( some of them) preferring to disappear to the gym or work 3 days a week 8 till 3 and not do their own shifts to the fullest yet order and dictate and put down hard-working staff who keep the place running.
Bullying drove me to quit after 5 years .
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long hours ..egos
It depends on you
Senior Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Faversham, Kent23 July 2018
At the Priory within the residential setting for young people (EBD) you must be self motivated to work within this environment as the home can have a very negative feel if you allow the young people's behaviours to get you down. The role may have a short shelf life for some though you are given a great opportunity to succeed to a senior status.
Good reviews is a joke
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk19 July 2018
I worked in a lds home, understaffed, overworked including nights been autistic i am on heavy meds at night but that didnt matter to management, zero support from management or staff. Conflict wirh staff lots of back stabbing you can trust no one, patient Who doesnt meet requirement of home bought in and just threw us in deep end with them now we are expected to be happy to be unable to provide the needs of that patient we try but we cant your expected to get paid and enjoy your job with no breaks and rubbish pay. I am nvq level 2 and 3 qualified with zero percent of promotion. I would never reccommend this home or company to my friends. I have worked in care 10 years i get ridiculed on a day basis about something little. They forget i am autistic and struggle with things.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Nights, staff and staffing, management, company, residents who dont meet homes requirements and needs
love my job but little money and no benefits!
support worker (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland26 June 2018
relaxed homely clean environment.
However there is no progression routes offered which is disappointing nor any benefits.
I love working with my residents and staff however funding and activities are not great for the residents.
GOOD JOB, BAD MONEY AND LONG HOURS
Pros
a job that means something
Cons
long hours, no progression routes
Be prepared for long shifts
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 June 2018
Been with the priory (aspire Scotland) for just under 6 months. Very badly understaffed. Working 16 & 18 hour shifts is not unusual sometimes 2 or 3 days in a row
Wages are poor and staff frustrated as lack of staff impacts not only on them but the young people we are supposed to be supporting
Plenty of training but this is usually done outside your normal working hours n you then have to go in for shift
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours.
Hours were long, but management was brilliant
Positive Behaviour Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover29 May 2018
Outstanding home, with fantastic residents. Manager was brilliant & very supportive. Most of the staff were great, and a joy to work with.

There was no real work/life balance (rota could be adjusted if needs be) as the hours were long, due to short staff as no agency used.

Job security was good, but progression is zero. Culture was exactly what you would want in a job, but it could go up and down. Food is eaten with the residents, just like activities.
Pros
Great Management, Earning Potential, Culture, Outstanding Status
Cons
Long Hours, No Work/ Life Balance
provides great insight and skill development
support worker (Current Employee) –  West Midlands15 May 2018
provides invaluable experience
develops communication skills
rewarding
good work/life balance
friendly staff
great management
great insight into mental illness
extremely good staff
support worker (Current Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire10 May 2018
supporting Children with personal care, Taking the children on outdoor activities
Taking the children to school
Supporting staff and management in the day to day running of the home
good management
salary is not great
meeting really good staff
Pros
meals are included in your shifts
Cons
late finish / early starts
very rewarding , challenging at times and sometimes emotionally draining
Driver/carer/support worker (Current Employee) –  Mark, Somerset30 April 2018
working for the priory group at Mark college is a very challenging yet rewarding.
I was originally employed as a driver transporting students to and from college / airports and also weekend excursions .
I was then given the opertunity to work in the boarding houses taking care of students after school and college.
Pros
School holidays off and paid 12 months of the year
Cons
sickness unpaid, unsociable hours at times and not paid an enhanced rate, frequent lack of staff
Terrible place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Redcar and Cleveland, North Yorkshire5 April 2018
Zero support from management. Bullying tactics used. Safeguarding constantly being involved. Money means more than needs of residents and staff. Staff put on shift with no training. Most seniors lazy and hide in office all shift. Staff safety isn't deemed important. No personal alarms or radios yet staff are often made to stay in residents rooms with no other support.
Pros
Majority of support staff great.
Cons
Bad managent. Dangerous working environment
Avoid!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East Sussex1 April 2018
Wages were an absolute insult! £7.65ph to be verbally abused by residents and attacked! Management were there once a week for half an hour if you were lucky. Totally unattached emotionally from the people they manage. No sympathy towards staff problems either. Very quick to dish out disciplinarys but yet being totally hypocritical and doing the same thing that they are disciplining staff for 🤔 gossip in the homes is rife on numerous occasions from management (allegedly) my home however was brilliant because the staff were awesome! That's the irony they push away good staff in favour for backstabbers. AVOID
Pros
Most staff are brilliant
Cons
Rubbish compamy, senior management offer no support at all
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire30 March 2018
Worked for them for 4 years and worst 4 years of my life. No support at all, No training for anyone except on line if you have time to do it and if you do you don't get paid. Long shifts no breaks paid £7.65 for being hit punch bitten Now leaving
Pros
Cons
Poor senior management, low pay no breaks long hours
Horrible environment
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire28 March 2018
Poor management, favouritism, nepotism. If you speak up for yourself you are ostracised and given the most difficult or mundane tasks. Coworkers who are friends or relations of management get away with skiving all day and can cherry pick what they do. Rubbish pay, long hours. No thanks for working hard.
Pros
Residents
Horrible place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent18 March 2018
Poorly run company. Management don't care if you need support. No-one works as a team. One person runs around doing everything whilst more senior staff members sit around drinking tea! A lot of nastiness for a rubbish wage.
Pros
Occasional trips out
Cons
Bad management, poor wages, long hours, no training
Worst place ive ever worked
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Westgate on Sea, Kent6 March 2018
Recieved no induction no shadow shifts. Not one person showed me around the building. No clue as to where escape routes were. Not shown how paper work was expected to be done. Staff encouraging 'behaviours' and laughing at the service users. Grown men bullying women with learning difficulties . Terrible terrible place to work. Avoid at all costs if you respect your own professionalism!! Left after only 9 weeks.
Pros
Going home
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7