Priory Group Employee Reviews for Support Staff

Services users joy to work with
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Gateholme carr gate wakefield9 December 2018
Staff frightened of management as all family work there they bully staff
They have no interest in there service users
Staff work hard but never get any praise
The food budget is ridiculous
The service users never have any pocket money
Staff do more cleaning than looking after service users
Very bad manager not an ideal place to work
Pros
Cons
Family run management bullies
10 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your concerns.
We would be very interested to learn more about the issues you've shared. If you would be happy to share more details with us, please contact myself at hollybaxter@priorygroup.com

Kind regards,
Holly Baxter

Awful organisation
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  South West2 December 2018
The HR team are incredibly disorganised - multiple errors and no communication from them. It’s like you’re doing them a favour trying to ascertain the next steps in employment/induction.

Never ended up starting and would suggest you avoid the company.
Cons
Poor organisation skills
4 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
We would be very interested to learn more about the concerns you raised. If you would be happy to share more with us, please contact me at hollybaxter@priorygroup.com

Kind regards,
Holly Baxter

Friendly people and supportive
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire10 November 2018
The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to the young people when they reached the age to move on to the next stage in their life.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the social interaction received when accessing the community.
4 December 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, we’re so glad to see you enjoyed your time with Priory. We really appreciate your feedback.
Kind regards, Holly Baxter

Lovely service users
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire5 November 2018
Worked with this company for a very long time. Service users are lovely to work with the staff are lovely to work with shame about the management and all other family members are that work there. They make your life awful stick up for each other lie to staff 12hour shifts and silly rules not allowing staff to use food or tea and coffee no staff toilets having to use service user toilets.
Pros
Service users are a joy
Cons
Worst place to work in the country
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Redcar15 October 2018
A home that cares more about saving money and trying to get a bonus than a good living environment for service users. Management are clueless ane bullies, don't care about staff or service users, rarely see them unless you are in trouble. You can have a high qualification and work extremely hard to try and improve career is pointless you need to have no qualification but very good at sucking up to management. Training is at a minimal lucky if you get one a year, there is online training if there is a computer to use. Some staff and seniors are good but most hide in the office so you don't see them for the shift.
Pros
The staff (not including management)
Poor culture and management
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire8 October 2018
Enjoyable working with the patients and a great staff team on the ward
Worked extra hours constantly due to short staff and incidents
Pulled off training due to short staff
Higher up management don’t follow up on surveys
Pros
Cheap lunchs
Cons
The above
Stay clear if you seek respect
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands3 October 2018
I worked at the Priory hospital in Willenhall and though the job started off as rewarding and promising I left feeling completely isolated, sad, emotionally drained, disrespected and undervalued.

As a support worker at Lakeside View you were talked down to quite a lot by senior staff, there’s also a serious abundance of communication from senior staff to support workers as well. As a support worker you will feel and be treated like dirt, even though you are essentially carrying out the same tasks as a nurse.

The environment itself is very complex and no two days are the same, you will see and hear disturbing events and there will no support for you whatsoever.

Unless you state otherwise you will be put onto night shifts whether you like it or not , whilst on night shifts you will most likely be working by yourself (due to 90% of the night workers being agency and having no knowledge of that they’re doing) on volitile and challenging wards. Due to this you will feel alone and angry, added to the fact that you will sleep during the day, you will soon start to realise how tired you’ve become and how little time you have for yourself and family.

As stated before as a support worker you will, in effect, carry out as much work as a nurse will, though your salary will not reflect that. The money is poor and demeaning and with a total lack of any progression as a support worker this should only be a job that you take up as a last resort or to use it as a stepping stone to further your career...but be warned as your mental health will quickly begin to take its toll on
  more... you and also be prepared to feel undervalued.  less
Cons
Money, no communication, no psychological support, poor management and structure
Horrendous work environment
Prader-Willi Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex3 October 2018
The most unprofessional work environment I have ever worked in. The staff team are horrendous. Completely unprofessional and unsupportive. A scary amount of bullying goes on between staff in and outside of work, especially on social media. The residents are so challenging, and can be unfortunately very draining. There is no structure for them or even support. Some residents in a way “run the home” having complete control over staff and how the home is run. They also know issues between other staff members and target staff members that they know are not very liked. The care standard is not very good. The homes are so institutional it’s very discomforting. Management - in the nicest possible way - have no clue what they are doing, and are the worse management I have dealt with. The HR department itself is horrendous, with very unhelpful and unprofessional staff. Combination is another serious quality this company lacks.
Pros
Lunch and dinner and breakfast usually provided
Cons
Unprofessional. Poor care standard.
Support worker
Support Worker/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent3 September 2018
Company good to work for supporting you in your daily task in supporting people with autism and challenging behaviour pay is ok but need to be a bit more for the stuff you do
Enjoyed my time there.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maltby17 August 2018
I think it's stupid that you can't opt out of these things. What if I don't want to review all of my previous employers? What If I'm stressed out enough as it is trying to find new employment without taking up more of my damned timed with these stupid surveys!?
Pros
Fun
Cons
Demanding job.

Want to know more about Priory Group?

Ask a question
Poor company
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Cf381hp8 August 2018
The priory cares more about making money than looking after their staff and residents. Too many managers getting paid far too much for doing absolutely nothing, and they all stick together. Staff are over worked and under paid and don’t get the credit they deserve. Hardly any face to face training is offered to staff. Just a money making company.
Pros
No uniform
Cons
Long hours, low staff morale lack of support from Managers
Clean environment. Great service users.
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge7 August 2018
Very good training to introduce you to the nature of the work. Very challenging behaviours at times which you are properly trained for. Extremely rewarding role.
Highly professional working environment
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire5 August 2018
A very service user focused organisation. Highly professional and great emphasis is placed on client service and welfare. All staff work together as a team with the sole purpose of providing the best possible service leading to the best outcomes for the service users.
Pros
lots of trainings
Cons
low pay
Very poor south west service
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Falmouth3 August 2018
Unfortunately a lack of communication and training in the south west, no local head office.
Fast staff turn over, very unhappy staff.
Mess the pay slips up monthly constantly chasing managers.
Pros
Cons
No support or further training
Good but mostley bad
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sussex2 August 2018
A good company in terms of pay and holiday allowance but not good at helping staff and supporting them if they are attacked or constantly targeted by the young people.
Bad management ( some of them) preferring to disappear to the gym or work 3 days a week 8 till 3 and not do their own shifts to the fullest yet order and dictate and put down hard-working staff who keep the place running.
Bullying drove me to quit after 5 years .
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long hours ..egos
It depends on you
Senior Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Faversham, Kent23 July 2018
At the Priory within the residential setting for young people (EBD) you must be self motivated to work within this environment as the home can have a very negative feel if you allow the young people's behaviours to get you down. The role may have a short shelf life for some though you are given a great opportunity to succeed to a senior status.
Good reviews is a joke
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk19 July 2018
I worked in a lds home, understaffed, overworked including nights been autistic i am on heavy meds at night but that didnt matter to management, zero support from management or staff. Conflict wirh staff lots of back stabbing you can trust no one, patient Who doesnt meet requirement of home bought in and just threw us in deep end with them now we are expected to be happy to be unable to provide the needs of that patient we try but we cant your expected to get paid and enjoy your job with no breaks and rubbish pay. I am nvq level 2 and 3 qualified with zero percent of promotion. I would never reccommend this home or company to my friends. I have worked in care 10 years i get ridiculed on a day basis about something little. They forget i am autistic and struggle with things.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Nights, staff and staffing, management, company, residents who dont meet homes requirements and needs
love my job but little money and no benefits!
support worker (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland26 June 2018
relaxed homely clean environment.
However there is no progression routes offered which is disappointing nor any benefits.
I love working with my residents and staff however funding and activities are not great for the residents.
GOOD JOB, BAD MONEY AND LONG HOURS
Pros
a job that means something
Cons
long hours, no progression routes
Be prepared for long shifts
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 June 2018
Been with the priory (aspire Scotland) for just under 6 months. Very badly understaffed. Working 16 & 18 hour shifts is not unusual sometimes 2 or 3 days in a row
Wages are poor and staff frustrated as lack of staff impacts not only on them but the young people we are supposed to be supporting
Plenty of training but this is usually done outside your normal working hours n you then have to go in for shift
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours.
Hours were long, but management was brilliant
Positive Behaviour Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover29 May 2018
Outstanding home, with fantastic residents. Manager was brilliant & very supportive. Most of the staff were great, and a joy to work with.

There was no real work/life balance (rota could be adjusted if needs be) as the hours were long, due to short staff as no agency used.

Job security was good, but progression is zero. Culture was exactly what you would want in a job, but it could go up and down. Food is eaten with the residents, just like activities.
Pros
Great Management, Earning Potential, Culture, Outstanding Status
Cons
Long Hours, No Work/ Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7